Lipotrophin-PM™ Frequently Asked Questions

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Q: When is the best time to take Lipotrophin PM?

A: Take on an empty stomach 30-45 minutes before bedtime. It can be taken with food, but will not be as effective.

Q: What makes Lipotrophin-PM™ different from other fat burners?

A: First, it is stimulant-free, which allows for night-time use. Of course there are other stimulant-free products out there, but only Lipotrophin-PM actually promotes deeper, more restful sleep, without leaving you feeling drowsy or sluggish the next day. Instead, it leaves the user refreshed, while the two-fold action of blood sugar control and hormonal manipulation ensures maximum metabolic action and fat loss.

Q: Can I take Lipotrophin –PM during the day?

A: Absolutely. Many people prefer not to take a stimulant-based fat-burner at all. Lipotrophin-PM works very effectively when taken in the morning, mid-afternoon, and at bedtime for 24 hour a day fat metabolization.

Q: Will Lipotrophin-PM make me tired if I take it during the day?

A: Not at all. Lipotrophin-PM promotes a deeper sleep through increased dopamine, which is produced in higher quantities during sleep. It has no drug-like effects that would cause feelings of fatigue or grogginess like those found in most common over-the-counter sleep aids.

Q: How much time will it take to notice the sleep-enhancing effects and positive body composition benefits of Lipotrophin-PM?

A: The sleep benefits of Lipotrophin-PM are noticeable after the first dose, and the blood sugar attenuating effects of Lipotrophin-PM are recognized during the first 2-3 days of usage. Weight loss benefits from the compound are noticeable after just 2-3 weeks.

Q: How does Lipotrophin PM help control my cravings?

A: The banaba extract and mucuna pruriens in Lipotrophin PM help curb cravings by stabilizing blood sugar and insulin levels. Mucuna pruriens has been documented to have potent neurotransmitter-boosting effects along with blood sugar controlling effects, both of which promote fat metabolization. Low neurotransmitter levels (mainly dopamine and serotonin) can result in cravings for sugars and sweets and in some cases even depression, which leads to “comfort eating”. Corosolic acid (the active ingredient in banaba extract) has been shown to significantly lower blood glucose and heighten insulin sensitivity.

Q: Can Lipotrophin-PM actually increase growth hormone levels?

A: Yes. L-Dopa from the mucuna pruriens is the only form of dopamine that can cross the blood/brain barrier. Once L-Dopa is converted to dopamine in the brain, it inhibits hypothalamic somatostatin secretion, allowing for a greater stimulatory of GHRH (growth hormone releasing hormone), which increases the amount of growth hormone release. Increased growth hormone is desireable due to its direct fat-burning and lean muscle promoting effects.

Q: Can getting a good night’s sleep actually help me metabolize more body fat?

A: Absolutely. Excessive cortisol from sleep deprivation has been shown to cause increased fat storage among both men and women. GH blunts the effects of cortisol, and keeps this stress hormone from breaking down muscle tissue, and depositing visceral adipose tissue (VAT). Growth Hormone releases occur more frequently at certain stages of sleep, allowing for a more restful sleep. Stopping VAT and cortisol preserves lean muscle mass, while further allowing GH to exert its positive restorative and rejuvenating effects that occurs during sleep.

Q: Who can benefit from taking Lipotrophin-PM?

A: Anyone who wants to burn fat 24-hours a day and increase their GH levels to induce a longer more restful sleep.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
:djparty:
This ^ guy workin' it old school is me

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tryed my free sample of the Pm and I have to say I havnt had "wood" like this in a long time, also wakign up feeling refreshed. This is only day one, will report back to see if its the same every day with taking this stuff. Im using three caps before bed.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
hey guys, was interested in picking up some of this stuff but i noticed it has grean tea in it. Doest GT not contain some sort of caffein in it? I'd love something to help with sleep and fat loss, melatonin is starting to wear thin on me.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey guys, was interested in picking up some of this stuff but i noticed it has grean tea in it. Doest GT not contain some sort of caffein in it? I'd love something to help with sleep and fat loss, melatonin is starting to wear thin on me.
Greent tea contains caffeine, but the amount is usually truly negligible. Furthermore, green tea also contains the amino acid, L-Theanine. This compound has several useful properties, including modulation of GABA levels in the brain, acting as a potent nootropic and antioxidant, supporting cognition, triggering of several important metabolic processes, and so on. L-Theanine usually overwhelms the stimulating effects of caffeine in green tea, producing a calm feeling, without triggering a feeling of sedation. So, green tea should not keep you awake by any means. L-Theanine is also available as a separate supplement, by the way. In this case, prefer SunTheanine, a patented brand of L-Theanine.

AppliedBaby

AppliedBaby

Awards
I love my lipo pm... i work out in the evening, so i dont want too much stimulant to alter my bed time.

Mo250

Awards
I was thinking of getting this one. its a toss between it and RPN's DCP.

valheruking

valheruking

Awards
Anyone know a site that will ship Lipo PM to Canada?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
valheruking

valheruking

Awards
One more question, I'm around 147, is it safe to take 3 pills/tablets before bed? The reason I would up the dose is for sleep and not so much for fat burning.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One more question, I'm around 147, is it safe to take 3 pills/tablets before bed? The reason I would up the dose is for sleep and not so much for fat burning.
It would be safe; I'm 110lb and I use 2 caps. I would start with the 2 caps though, even for the sleep benefits (I use it for that reason, too). Try that for the first week, and then up the dose to 3 caps after that, if you really feel a need to.

valheruking

valheruking

Awards
It would be safe; I'm 110lb and I use 2 caps. I would start with the 2 caps though, even for the sleep benefits (I use it for that reason, too). Try that for the first week, and then up the dose to 3 caps after that, if you really feel a need to.
Thanks, my plan is to take 2 pills before bedtime for the first week and then 1 in the morning and 2 at nights.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks, my plan is to take 2 pills before bedtime for the first week and then 1 in the morning and 2 at nights.
The 2 caps before bedtime sounds fine. If you're using Lipotrophin-PM for the sleeping benefits then you DON'T need to dose in the morning; this would be more if you are looking for fat loss as well.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, valheruking, the dosages are recommended as they are, because they are the OPTIMAL doses for that specific weight...Is your sleep of deeper and better quality using Lipotrophin-PM?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How long can I stay on Lipo PM without a break? Is there a need for a 5 on 2 off schedual, or a month on, 2 weeks off?

I'd really like to take it straight. ;)

Also, how long after food should I wait to take it? Try this:

I do judo from 7-9pm. I'm home around 9:30-9:45pm. I need to be in bed by 11pm, and I'm hungry. Should I take my Lipo PM, wait 20 minutes, then eat a light meal, or eat, and wait 45min-1hr?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How long can I stay on Lipo PM without a break? Is there a need for a 5 on 2 off schedual, or a month on, 2 weeks off?

I'd really like to take it straight. ;)
You don't need to cycle Lipotrophin-PM. I've been using it every day since the start of February (and never want to be withOUT it!)

Also, how long after food should I wait to take it? Try this:

I do judo from 7-9pm. I'm home around 9:30-9:45pm. I need to be in bed by 11pm, and I'm hungry. Should I take my Lipo PM, wait 20 minutes, then eat a light meal, or eat, and wait 45min-1hr?
You should wait ~2 hours after eating before dosing. And it only needs to be dosed ONCE daily: Just before bed. You don't want to eat AFTER you've had it, if possible.

Also, I noticed that if I took it at the recommended time of 45 minutes pre-bed, then I was awake for ages. Now I take it either just BEFORE I go to bed, or 2 hours before I go to bed, and have no trouble going to sleep.

Looking at that, I would recommend that you eat as soon as you can after judo (i.e. 9pm). And then take 2 caps (you may want to try 3 caps after the first week, if you like) of Lipotrophin-PM at 11pm, just before you go to bed.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok, cool. About the dosing times, I only have an hour and a half or quarter between getting home and going to sleep, not much I can do about it. I get up at 5:15am, and gotta have my 6 hours sleep. I've tried both, taking lipo first, and eating first, and honestly it seems like I sleep better taking lipo first. I know it totally screws with gh release. I try to eat something like peanut butter on sprouted grain bread, one or two sandwiches, which should be pretty low GI.

I can't skip the food, I burn 2k calories or so in 2 hours of judo, and I'm starving usually.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, cool. About the dosing times, I only have an hour and a half or quarter between getting home and going to sleep, not much I can do about it. I get up at 5:15am, and gotta have my 6 hours sleep. I've tried both, taking lipo first, and eating first, and honestly it seems like I sleep better taking lipo first. I know it totally screws with gh release. I try to eat something like peanut butter on sprouted grain bread, one or two sandwiches, which should be pretty low GI.

I can't skip the food, I burn 2k calories or so in 2 hours of judo, and I'm starving usually.
Dose when you feel you get the best sleeping benefits, then. (Note that it won't affect you GH release; think you're mistaking for IGF-2).

valheruking

valheruking

Awards
Yes, valheruking, the dosages are recommended as they are, because they are the OPTIMAL doses for that specific weight...Is your sleep of deeper and better quality using Lipotrophin-PM?
Yes sleep is much better but when I wake up, I feel really tired.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last night I slept at 1:30am and woke up around 10:45am.
Maybe you're so tired because you're OVERsleeping? (That is, if you sleep that long all the time).

Perhaps you should try only 1 cap for a few days and see how that goes.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dose when you feel you get the best sleeping benefits, then. (Note that it won't affect you GH release; think you're mistaking for IGF-2).
Well, which comes first: deep sleep>gh release, or GH release>deep sleep? :p I thought L-Dopa affects GH directly, though?

Q: Can Lipotrophin-PM actually increase growth hormone levels?

A: Yes. L-Dopa from the mucuna pruriens is the only form of dopamine that can cross the blood/brain barrier. Once L-Dopa is converted to dopamine in the brain, it inhibits hypothalamic somatostatin secretion, allowing for a greater stimulatory of GHRH (growth hormone releasing hormone), which increases the amount of growth hormone release. Increased growth hormone is desireable due to its direct fat-burning and lean muscle promoting effects.
Anyway, eating right before bed is bad for GH release

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, which comes first: deep sleep>gh release, or GH release>deep sleep? :p I thought L-Dopa affects GH directly, though?

Anyway, eating right before bed is bad for GH release
Better sleep comes from greater GH release.

Honestly, your training at that time and then wanting to go to bed when you do is NOT ideal if you are to use Lipotrophin-PM the most effectively. But, it's up to you.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For sure, I just don't have a choice. :( You'd be surprised if I gave you my schedule. Ugh

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For sure, I just don't have a choice. :( You'd be surprised if I gave you my schedule. Ugh
Probably not. Considering the schedule I used to keep and am trying to get back into again!

AppliedBaby

AppliedBaby

Awards
Almost prep time...gettin that shipment of Lipo PM in

robster11

Awards
Would it be alright to take Neovar and Lipotrophin-pm at the same time with both containing banaba extract?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would it be alright to take Neovar and Lipotrophin-pm at the same time with both containing banaba extract?
Yes. Sometimes I double-dose NeoVar Recomped at night pre-bed; which is when I also dose Lipotrophin-PM.

However, given the timing of the dosing required for each product, they generally would NOT be dosed together: Lipotrophin-PM only needs to be dosed once daily (and this is usually last thing at night), but can also be dosed first thing in the morning; and NeoVar Recomped should be dosed post-resistance/anaerobic training, and 15-20 minutes prior to a meal (preferably containing at least 50g of carbohydrates).

valheruking

valheruking

Awards
Can I take LipoPm and ZMA at the same time? Thanks

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

yamkas

Awards
The mucuna pruriens in lipotrophin-PM is standardised to 25% or 75% l-dopa? In all websites it says 25% but the bottle I bought says 75% :s Am i that lucky lol ? I d appreciate it if you could answer me, thanks.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The mucuna pruriens in lipotrophin-PM is standardised to 25% or 75% l-dopa? In all websites it says 25% but the bottle I bought says 75% :s Am i that lucky lol ? I d appreciate it if you could answer me, thanks.
It's 75% - all of them are the same.

~Team APPNUT

yamkas

Awards
Thanks for the quick reply, I was under the impression that lipotrophin was 25% and HGHup 75% (at least thats what most of the websites say). So, what s the difference in terms of mucuna quantities in these two products? Does HGHup contain more (per capsule)? For restfull sleep and fat loss purposes which one would you choose? Thank you in advance!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the quick reply, I was under the impression that lipotrophin was 25% and HGHup 75% (at least thats what most of the websites say). So, what s the difference in terms of mucuna quantities in these two products? Does HGHup contain more (per capsule)? For restfull sleep and fat loss purposes which one would you choose? Thank you in advance!
If you read the ingredient profiles, then you can see the % of L-Dopa used - don't believe everything you read, unless it is on the product in front of you. Both Lipotrophin-Pm and HGHup♂ contain Mucuna Pruriens standardized to 75% L-Dopa. Because each product is a proprietary blend, I cannot tell you specific quantites of Mucuna Pruriens in each - but take a look at the ingredient profiles of each closely.

Lipotrophin-PM and HGHup♂ are two VERY DIFFERENT products - you can tell this, simply by reading about each product - and cannot be compared. Both work well for improving sleep and fat loss, so you could use either.

As you already know, Lipotrophin-PM is a STAPLE for me - but I use it for the deeper, better quality sleep, and not for fat burning.

~Team APPNUT

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
What is the max dose/day? This product reminds me of camphabolic from USP, and I took it during the day and at night. I have 1 bottle. I plan to take 3/night (200 lbs). Can I also take 3 mid-morning? about 1 hr after and 2 hrs before food?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is the max dose/day? This product reminds me of camphabolic from USP, and I took it during the day and at night. I have 1 bottle. I plan to take 3/night (200 lbs). Can I also take 3 mid-morning? about 1 hr after and 2 hrs before food?
Lipotrophin-PM only needs to be dosed ONCE daily: pre-bed - with the heaviest bodyweight dosing at 3 caps. You could take 3 caps in the morning if you like, but it's really not necessary, and if you DO dose in the morning, I would recommend having only 1-2 caps. Re maximum dosage, I definitely do not recommend exceeding 6 caps daily.

~Team APPNUT

onlyone

Awards
Is the L-Dopa in Lipotrophin pm enough to block or reduce Prolactin?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beast20

Beast20

Awards
Is it better to take an anti-depressant like Zoloft at night with the Lipo-Pm? (Since Dopamine is being released), or should I take Zoloft earlier during the day? I started taking Lipo-PM two days ago, but have been on Zoloft for about two months now.

I'm just trying to figure out why I keep waking up around midnight and then having the hardest time falling back to sleep... sometimes hours.

Although I do feel well rested and full of energy in the morning.

Any advice would be most appreciated

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it better to take an anti-depressant like Zoloft at night with the Lipo-Pm? (Since Dopamine is being released), or should I take Zoloft earlier during the day? I started taking Lipo-PM two days ago, but have been on Zoloft for about two months now.

I'm just trying to figure out why I keep waking up around midnight and then having the hardest time falling back to sleep... sometimes hours.

Although I do feel well rested and full of energy in the morning.

Any advice would be most appreciated
If you are using Zoloft - regardless of when you are dosing it - you should NOT be using Lipotrophin-PM (or anything else with L-Dopa in)!

~Rosie~

Beast20

Beast20

Awards
If you are using Zoloft - regardless of when you are dosing it - you should NOT be using Lipotrophin-PM (or anything else with L-Dopa in)!

~Rosie~
Thanks for letting me know Rosie! Is it because of the serotonin?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for letting me know Rosie! Is it because of the serotonin?
No worries :) No, it is not because of the serotonin, but the the L-Dopa (as mentioned) - the L-Dopa can increase the potential for harsh side effects of Zoloft.

~Rosie~

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

~Rosie~
Curious to your reasoning to this Rosie

Zoloft is a SSRI which can deplete dopamine, serotonin and/or catecholamine. Mucuna can help towards balancing the neurotransmitters and increase dopamine.

Interested to hear you reasoning Rosie, I must be misunderstanding something or overlooking something here because I see no reason why the two can't be taken together.

But I would tend to agree with you and not mix pharma medications with herbal supplementation without first consulting my psychian.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Curious to your reasoning to this Rosie

Zoloft is a SSRI which can deplete dopamine, serotonin and/or catecholamine. Mucuna can help towards balancing the neurotransmitters and increase dopamine.

Interested to hear you reasoning Rosie, I must be misunderstanding something or overlooking something here.

But I would tend to agree with you and not mix pharma medications with herbal supplementation without first consulting my psychian.
Re post #46: "L-Dopa can increase the potential for harsh side effects of Zoloft." To explain this, L-Dopa can counteract against Zoloft and vice versa, creating side effects which have not yet been studied, and this recommendation is made as a precaution because of the uncertainty of stacking them, with the individual's health and well-being in mind. That said, ANY time you're dealing with chemicals that affect the brain, you should ALWAYS err on the side of caution, IMO.

~Rosie~

Beast20

Beast20

Awards
Re post #46: "L-Dopa can increase the potential for harsh side effects of Zoloft." To explain this, L-Dopa can counteract against Zoloft and vice versa, creating side effects which have not yet been studied, and this recommendation is made as a precaution because of the uncertainty of stacking them, with the individual's health and well-being in mind. That said, ANY time you're dealing with chemicals that affect the brain, you should ALWAYS err on the side of caution, IMO.

~Rosie~
It's a good thing I decided to ask about this. I'm taking zoloft as a trial from my physician to see if it helps with mild depression, but I didn't feel any better. Sleep on the other hand and natural GH release is way more important for my longterm goals!

If I decide with my physician discontinue Zoloft, would it be fine to take Lipotrophin-PM even throughout bulking PH cycles?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a good thing I decided to ask about this. I'm taking zoloft as a trial from my physician to see if it helps with mild depression, but I didn't feel any better. Sleep on the other hand and natural GH release is way more important for my longterm goals!

If I decide with my physician discontinue Zoloft, would it be fine to take Lipotrophin-PM even throughout bulking PH cycles?
If you're NOT using Zoloft you're fine using Lipotrophin-PM, even if using hormonals.

~Rosie~