NeoVar™ Frequently Asked Questions

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Q: When is the best time to take NeoVar?

A: Take first dose with a meal containing at least 50 grams of complex carbohydrates. On non-workout days, repeat the same pattern for the second dose. On workout days, take NeoVar immediately following workout, along with at least 50 grams of complex carbohydrates.

Q: What’s the difference between NeoVar and every other creatine product out there?

A: NeoVar is the only creatine product to utilize banaba extract, an insulin-mimicking herbal compound, along with rhodiola rosea, a powerful creatine storage/energy booster. The combination of these ingredients maximizes muscular creatine storage, which leads to a fuller muscle with lower recovery times. Muscle increases on average are 4-6 lbs. over an 8 week cycle.

Q: How long will it take to notice the positive effects of NeoVar™?

A: The energy-enhancing and stress-reducing effects from the Rhodiola Rosea in NeoVar are apparent after just one dose. The insulin-like effects of corosolic acid (the active ingredient in banaba extract) can be felt within 1-2 doses. Corosolic acid closely mimics insulin by stimulating increased glucose and creatine phosphate transport muscle cells, while still maintaining normal insulin levels. As intra-muscular creatine phosphate levels increase, so will the benefits of NeoVar. The most potent effects of NeoVar are experienced once the muscle is fully saturated with creatine which usually occurs within 9-14 days, at which point you will notice your muscles are markedly fuller and more defined.

Q: Do you recommend ingesting protein and simple carbohydrates such as dextrose post-workout along with NeoVar?

A: Yes. Depending on your body weight, dosages of 50-100 grams of simple carbohydrates post-workout followed by 30-50 grams of protein is recommended. The carbohydrates help fuel muscle repair during this important nutrient window, and the protein provides the building blocks for growth. The highly available creatine in NeoVar is a catalyst when paired with high dosages of protein post-workout.

Q: How does rhodiola rosea make this creatine more effective?

A: Rhodiola rosea has been shown to increase ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) production in the mitochondria of the cell. ATP is an energy molecule that allows for muscle contraction to occur. In a university study, mice were administered rhodiola and made to swim to exhaustion twice a day for six days. At the end of the testing period, muscle biopsies were performed, with the Rhodiola-treated mice having 17% greater ATP levels, 45% greater creatine phosphate stores, and 53% greater muscle glycogen levels, along with lowered intramuscular concentrations of lactic acid and ammonia. What this means to you is stronger muscle contraction, allowing for improved energy and stamina.

Q: How does banaba extract mimic insulin?

A: Banaba has been used for years in Eastern medicine to control diabetes, but it is a relatively new compound to Western medicine. Corosolic acid, the active ingredient in banaba, closely mimics insulin by stimulating much greater glucose and creatine phosphate transport into cells. It accomplishes this by translocating GLUT4, while preventing plasma insulin levels from rising. GLUT4 (glucose isoform 4) is a hormone that regulates the amount of glucose allowed into skeletal muscle cells. In some comparison studies with insulin, banaba actually performed with equal effectiveness as insulin at controlling blood sugar, mostly due to the muscular GLUT4 translocation. While corosolic acid has a mechanism of action similar to insulin, it does have a distinct advantage in that it is not an “equal opportunity” deposition agent, like insulin. Insulin does not discriminate the deposition of glucose, protein and creatine into your cells, whether they are muscle or fat cells, while corosolic acid has a much greater propensity to deliver these nutrients only to skeletal muscle. Also, when the body produces too much insulin over time, it begins to become insensitive to the hormone, which ultimately leads to increased fat storage and increases the risk of developing type II diabetes.

Q: How does corosolic acid drive more creatine into my muscle?

A: Corosolic acid has been shown to increase GLUT4 translocation in diabetic patients by allowing for greater glucose disposal in the muscle cells while keeping plasma insulin levels constant. The administration of corosolic acid as an insulin mimicking/glucose control agent can actually have repartitioning effects. Nutrient repartitioning is a process where creatine, glucose, and protein are deposited in the muscle cells, while blocking fat from being deposited in adipocytes (fat cells), as can occur with insulin. This is very important, because the more simple carbohydrates ingested after a workout, the more blood glucose, and the more blood glucose and creatine there is deposited into the muscle. This can help the athlete retain a more positive nitrogen balance, greatly enhancing recovery and building muscle.

Q: Who can benefit from NeoVar?

A: Everyone can benefit from taking in more creatine. It’s a natural healing element that will help speed recovery time, drives nutrients into the cells, and promotes insulin sensitivity.

Q: How long should I use NeoVar?

We recommend 8 week cycles, with time on NeoVar equaling the time off.

Q: How often should I take NeoVar?

A: Being that NeoVar is a creatine based product to achieve maximum results for anyone trying to get the “full” feeling NeoVar should be taken twice a day at the proper dosage recommended per body weight.

Q: How long will a bottle of NeoVar last?

Since the dosage is dependant on body weight, it will vary. For a 200 lb. male, we recommend 4 capsules taken twice per day, so a 240-count bottle will provide a full 30-day supply.

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
Ok I've got a good Q for you... Ive taken quite a number of supplements including prohormones. I was reading that the banaba extract mimicing insulin and so on... I am a Type-1 diabetic myself and was wondering if this was safe for me to take? I am currently on RPM and was considering stacking IGF-2 and this Neovar but just wanted to get some info on it! I could be the diabetic tester for this website lol! Thanks

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Ronnie, hang in there for the official answer from rms80, but....
Edited: Why? Because I was dead wrong. LOL

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I closely manage my bloodsugars especially after working out. I guess my main question would be is this going to act as insulin in my body on top of the insulin I already inject or is that unknown? I really want to give this a shot for I have almost reached my goal of being 215 and under 10% body fat but as for "pro hormones" Im done with those for now so this seemed like a great possibility. Thanks lanbane for always answering my questions even though I am new to this site! Reps!

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I closely manage my bloodsugars especially after working out. I guess my main question would be is this going to act as insulin in my body on top of the insulin I already inject or is that unknown? I really want to give this a shot for I have almost reached my goal of being 215 and under 10% body fat but as for "pro hormones" Im done with those for now so this seemed like a great possibility. Thanks lanbane for always answering my questions even though I am new to this site! Reps!
Yes- banaba extract will change the pharmacokinetics of your injected insulin- and will definitely alter your blood sugar levels, so I would probably just stick to regular creatine instead of the NeoVar- it would work just as well PWO with your injectible insulin.

Hope this helps, and feel free to PM me if you have any other questions!!

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
Well then RPM and IGF-2 and my cellmass which Im currently using from BSN, Leviathan and Protein looks to be my future all of which Im currently on except IGF-2. My body has put on 35 lbs of mass and bf% dropped since last december...so do you think just adding the IGF-2 to my currents will help out (atleast 5lbs) like it says it will do? Thanks also rms! EDIT* Oh and BTW Ive let a number of friends try the RPM and they are now hooked as I am. Great company as far as Im concerned!

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
I was just gonna answer u ronnie long day at work

im glad the boss got to you first.

I was gonna stay im not all that versed on slin and diabetics but anything that allows u to utilize your insulin more effectively or anything that plays with it id be wary of trying

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well then RPM and IGF-2 and my cellmass which Im currently using from BSN, Leviathan and Protein looks to be my future all of which Im currently on except IGF-2. My body has put on 35 lbs of mass and bf% dropped since last december...so do you think just adding the IGF-2 to my currents will help out (atleast 5lbs) like it says it will do? Thanks also rms! EDIT* Oh and BTW Ive let a number of friends try the RPM and they are now hooked as I am. Great company as far as Im concerned!
Thanks bro- WOW 35 lbs.!!!

And yes, the IGF-2 will give you 5-6 solid lbs. over 6 weeks....add RPM in, and you will gain even more!!!!

Ronnie

Ronnie

Awards
  • Established
Much appreciated outside backer! Also thanks rms! Yeah you should see my stretch marks lol. I am going to post pics at the begging of next week sometime of my transformation! Well onto new and better things like IGF-2 to top off my growth.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would it be beneficial to take another creatine source with this or is the Neovar all the creatine I need? Thanks in advance!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would it be beneficial to take another creatine source with this or is the Neovar all the creatine I need? Thanks in advance!
The best answer would come from AN. Yet, in my opinion, NeoVar will supply you with all the creatine you need for your current cycle. NeoVar is the only creatine supplement in my current stack and I do not see any reason or justification to look elsewhere.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would think adding any other creatine would be a waste with your post workout shake/meal. Depending on your budget, I don't see how it would hurt to take monohydrate as well pre-workout with that neovar dose(I do :) )

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Agreed with both of the above. While Neovar is technically ENOUGH, some people respond well to mono.... so the addition of it to your earlier dose would not hurt.... and it's cheap. I just personally dislike mono cause I feel like I swell up like a balloon too much on it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed with both of the above. WHile Neovar is technically ENOUGH, some people respondwell to mono.... so the addition of it to your earlier dose would not hurt.... and it's cheap. I just personally dislike mono cause I feel like I swell up like a balloon too much on it.
Dont forget the "oops I took too much" toilet time with mono too :toilet:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for all the responses. sorry I didnt see them until now. Yeah I blow up with Mono but Neovar is doing me just right by itself so im just gonna stick with it.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
banaba extract sounds like it does similar things to Anabolic Pump - would it be overkill having NeoVar and AP in the same stack?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Can you guys say how much banaba extract is in each serving or each capsule??

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
The only person allowed to speak such specifics is rms80.........

e30Kat

e30Kat

Awards
Does all this information apply to the new neovar as well, or is there a different write-up i should be looking for?

thanks.
-mike

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
banaba extract sounds like it does similar things to Anabolic Pump - would it be overkill having NeoVar and AP in the same stack?
bump

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is something I have discussed with AN reps, and will be looking at running in the near future - by the sounds of things the NeoVar ReComp/Anabolic Pump stack are going to run together nicely!:thumbsup:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is something I have discussed with AN reps, and will be looking at running in the near future - by the sounds of things the NeoVar ReComp/Anabolic Pump stack are going to run together nicely!:thumbsup:
I'm doing it now and its quite a nice stack.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

searcyc2

Awards
When i'm cycling off Neovar would it be ok to go on green mag for the 8 wks? Or should there be a period where I go off creatine completely?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When i'm cycling off Neovar would it be ok to go on green mag for the 8 wks? Or should there be a period where I go off creatine completely?
You DON'T need to cycle NeoVar. Creatine is a staple, and doesn't need cycling at all. So, no, unless you were to stop resistance and/or power training, then there would be no point in stopping creatine usage.

searcyc2

Awards
You DON'T need to cycle NeoVar. Creatine is a staple, and doesn't need cycling at all. So, no, unless you were to stop resistance and/or power training, then there would be no point in stopping creatine usage.
That sounds great. I would rather not cycle off of Neovar, but I found this in the FAQ...Q: How long should I use NeoVar?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That sounds great. I would rather not cycle off of Neovar, but I found this in the FAQ...Q: How long should I use NeoVar?

It's just a GUIDELINE (and remember that NeoVar Recomped has OTHER substances in its ingredient profile, and not JUST creatine). Some people find that cycling creatine is effective. However, as I said, you can use it SAFELY withOUT cycling it.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
It's just a GUIDELINE (and remember that NeoVar Recomped has OTHER substances in its ingredient profile, and not JUST creatine). Some people find that cycling creatine is effective. However, as I said, you can use it SAFELY withOUT cycling it.
so...i'd be alright doing 2 bottles of NeoVar solo then when i finish up on that adding IGF-2 along with another 2 bottles of NeoVar?

Or would 16 weeks of NeoVar just be too much?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so...i'd be alright doing 2 bottles of NeoVar solo then when i finish up on that adding IGF-2 along with another 2 bottles of NeoVar?

Or would 16 weeks of NeoVar just be too much?
Yep, you'd be fine! (I run NeoVar without 'breaks', and many others do as well).

boogerboy

boogerboy

Awards
Neovar w/o carbs

I have read that Neovar is very good for cardio on a fast, such as 1cap before morning cardio. Is this effective? My wife is trying to lose BF and this sounds ideal, low dose Neovar w/o carbs so that your body is forced to burn BF. I have also heard this is true of Anabolic Pump

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have read that Neovar is very good for cardio on a fast, such as 1cap before morning cardio. Is this effective? My wife is trying to lose BF and this sounds ideal, low dose Neovar w/o carbs so that your body is forced to burn BF. I have also heard this is true of Anabolic Pump
You can low-dose NeoVar before ANY type of exercise, yes. In fact, stacking RPM with NeoVar ~30-40 minutes pre-exercise has been used as a 'cutting' stack. You have to be very careful that you don't get too hypoglycaemic, though.

Also just a note, taking the supplement does NOT force your body to burn bodyfat. First thing in the morning glcogen stores are almost depleted, and cardio on an empty stomach is likely to burn fat, regardless.

If your wife is trying to lose bodyfat, make sure her DIET is right for it!!! If that's not set up properly, then all the exercise and supplements in the world will do shite!

mcgeier

mcgeier

Awards
  • Established
So Neovar is a combination of Creatin and insulin mimickers.
I am currently running Anabolic Pump which works great for me. Can you compare the insulin mimick effects from Neovar with those of AP? I am thinking of running Neovar after my bottle of AP has finished, because Neovar is much cheaper and has got creatin in it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So Neovar is a combination of Creatin and insulin mimickers.
I am currently running Anabolic Pump which works great for me. Can you compare the insulin mimick effects from Neovar with those of AP? I am thinking of running Neovar after my bottle of AP has finished, because Neovar is much cheaper and has got creatin in it.
Yes, you CAN compare the insulin mimicking effects of NeoVar Recomped to that of Anabolic Pump. Both products work through different pathways to mimic insulin: NeoVar Recomped is based on Gynemna Sylvestre and Banaba Extract; Anabolic Pump is based on Phellodendron and Banaba Extract. The combination of Gynema Sylvestre, D-Pinitol, and Banaba Extract in NeoVar Recomped have a better effect than Anabolic Pump.

Running NeoVar Recomped would be a great idea (and you'll be able to directly compare the two products for yourself). You can always get the 110-count bottle if unsure, although I would recommend the 240 caps.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
I probably missed it somewhere but are oats ideal to take with Neovar post-workout?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I probably missed it somewhere but are oats ideal to take with Neovar post-workout?
What i've found is that it is somewhat individual so you have to play with it a bit. Oats are good, i tend to find a mix of carbs to be slightly nicer than getting it all from one sources, so bananas added to the oats works nice, or buckwheat pancakes with bananas and a sugar free syrup :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't take your meal WITH your NeoVar. Dose the NeoVar, and then eat 15-20 minutes LATER.

Yes, oats would be fine (I do this). Since it's post-training, you want a combination of simple and complex carohydrates. So some fruit or mixed berries, etc. would be good to add to the oats (as well as protein; probably a scoop of protein powder works best).

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't take your meal WITH your NeoVar. Dose the NeoVar, and then eat 15-20 minutes LATER.

Yes, oats would be fine (I do this). Since it's post-training, you want a combination of siple and complex carohydrates. So some fruit or mixed berries, etc. would be good to add to the oats (as well as protein; probably a scoop of protein powder works best).
I've not tried oats with whey protein before. It mix ok? Going to try it in the morning :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've not tried oats with whey protein before. It mix ok? Going to try it in the morning :)
It mixes fine. I have it every morning for breakfast: 1/2-1 cup oats + 30-40g protein powder + 1-2 tbsp flaxseed oil. I usually use a little water to mix my oats and protein powder together. Sometimes I use yoghurt instead, and add in fruit, berries, nuts, seeds, and spices, to either increase flavour, variety, or calories.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
I need to try Neovar Recomped, as soon as my creatine runs out I'm for sure getting this. I really think this will break my bf loss plataue.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I need to try Neovar Recomped, as soon as my creatine runs out I'm for sure getting this. I really think this will break my bf loss plataue.
I think you'll love it when you try it! If you haven't gotten a sample yet, ask for one from Alyson: [email protected].

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
I got samples from Applied but there wasn't neovar in there. But a 1-2 day sample of a creatine product won't sway me.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got samples from Applied but there wasn't neovar in there. But a 1-2 day sample of a creatine product won't sway me.
Oh, ok.

I understand about the sample not being enough. Yes, you really need to use a product for a good 3-4 weeks (maybe less, depending on the product) to see any real effects attributable to the product (if any).

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
I really have trust in Applied, reputable company, from the reviews I heard Neovar rocks, I'm about to use my Lipotrophin PM sample right now.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really have trust in Applied, reputable company, from the reviews I heard Neovar rocks, I'm about to use my Lipotrophin PM sample right now.
Lipotrophin-PM is great stuff; very overlooked and underrated, IMO. It's now a STAPLE in MY supplement regime (for sleep, not fat loss, though).

I still think, at your age, that just the basic staples are enough (i.e. NeoVar Recomped will be fine, but you DON'T need fatburners or preworkout products, etc.).

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
guess ima have to play with it. take some food out of the chow hall.

how bout them oatmeal packets.. the sugary kind.. those okay??

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
guess ima have to play with it. take some food out of the chow hall.

how bout them oatmeal packets.. the sugary kind.. those okay??
What do you mean "have to play with it"? Yes, you may want to experiment with different types and amount of carbohydrates, to find what works best for YOU.

Oatmeal is fine.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
a single oatmeal packet isn't quite enough carbs for most people. Adding fruit to it helps