Applied Nutriceuticals; Who we are, and what we're all about

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hello Anabolic Minds!

Allow me to introduce my company and myself. Applied Nutriceuticals, Inc. is a new supplement company; I’m Don Orrell, its president. Although we’re new as an entity, we’re not new to the business. My partner, Dirk Tanis is our biochemistry expert; he holds a Master's degree in Exercise Science and Sports Nutrition was the behind-the-scenes brains for USP Labs which helped create several years ago. Dirk and his partner Jacob Guissler amicably dissolved their business relationship last summer, at which point Dirk and I formed Applied Nutriceuticals. We spent the last 6 months building the new business with a brand new, state-of-the-art facility, new and improved product formulas, and a fresh, no-nonsense approach to marketing.

My background in the business comes from 16+ years of competitive bodybuilding, during which time I've personally used hundreds of products, and also sold them in a retail setting for several years. Over this time I became acquainted with many influential people in the NPC and IFBB. My professional experience is in sales and marketing for a fortune 100 manufacturing company, and have a BS in Economics and a MBA in Marketing. Basically, we’re a couple of reasonably well-educated meatheads who are passionate about our products, and we see a lot of opportunity in an industry with a few honorable manufacturers and a lot of questionable ones. Our focus is not on being the biggest, but being the best. We also know that quality means more than just making a good product; it means you deliver the things that our customers value: short lead times, high fill rates, competitive pricing, creative marketing and great customer service.

We currently offer 5 products: 2 fat burners (AM and PM), a creatine product, GH / Test boosting anabolic, and a cissus-based joint support formula. (I’ll save all the marketing hype for you to read on our web site, appnut.com. We also have several new products in development, slated for release throughout the coming year. All products in our offering are heavily inventoried and ready to ship.

Our packaging, labeling and product presentation has a professional, pharmaceutical look and feel. Since our conception, IFBB pro bodybuilder Johnny Stewart has taken quite an interest in our products and as a result is now our spokesperson. (You may recall Johnny took 2nd to Bob Chicherillo in this year’s IFBB Masters Pro World Championships). The products themselves are top-shelf; they have no fillers and contain only the highest-quality ingredients. It's a product you can feel confident in using - we guarantee it!

Our website contains detailed descriptions of our products, with condensed, technical, and FAQ writups for each. We continue to add value-added content on a daily basis, from dieting advice to customer training logs. We’re currently in the process of developing our first ad copy for magazine advertisements and are scheduled to be at many major NPC contests in 2007. Our initial response in the industry has been overwhelmingly positive because we deliver on committments and put the customer first.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to interacting with all of you here at Anabolic Minds.

Best regards,

Don Orrell

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excellent introduction and the site is very professional looking with well thoughtout navigation. I'll definately give your fat burners a try as I need to shed this mammoth fatty coating. Welcome and we hope you guys do well with your business.

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
Excellent introduction and the site is very professional looking with well thoughtout navigation. I'll definately give your fat burners a try as I need to shed this mammoth fatty coating. Welcome and we hope you guys do well with your business.
Much appreciated. I've been idle for 7 months due to a full bicep tear, and I'm just about ready to kick it back in myself... so I feel your pain. Who put the "love" in love handles, anyway?

D

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup, if it isn't one thing it's 10 that tried to knock you back down. As far as the site? That was one of the first things I noticed was how well it was done.

Here's to new beginnings!

size

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the board and best of luck growing your company. In my opinion, you have an excellent approach to obtaining a loyal customer base.

stri8ted_planet

Awards
  • Established
Don, your introduction to us along with product samples and product slicks was very professional. You guys are on the right track.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
We spent the last 6 months building the new business with a brand new, state-of-the-art facility, new and improved product formulas, and a fresh, no-nonsense approach to marketing.
I like the comany's roots, I like the product profiles. But I have to say this, the names are a bit of a turn off to myself and others as well. It's not a big thing, but it might backfire in that plays on the name of known anabolic substances don't go down well with a lot of people. There are a lot of companies that are less than reputable who put out PHs and other products, both now and in the past, with plays off of steroid names and what not, and you might be lumped in with them because of this.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
CDB, I think you have a valid point. It's actually one I brought up with AN. But, the products are good enough, I honestly think it'll be a minor bump in the road.
There are far worse names. Even some we all feel are cool, but would never sell on a large scale to the average person.

But I will say these guys want even the negative feedback, so it's appreciated. No censoring here, and no steering you into a different subject.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
CDB, I think you have a valid point. It's actually one I brought up with AN. But, the products are good enough, I honestly think it'll be a minor bump in the road.
There are far worse names. Even some we all feel are cool, but would never sell on a large scale to the average person.

But I will say these guys want even the negative feedback, so it's appreciated. No censoring here, and no steering you into a different subject.
Any teases for future products coming out?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Man, I don't know nothin' bout nothin, but word on the street is.......................

Well, I should probably let Don handle that. He'd squash me if I stole his thunder (he's a big guy.....)

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
Welcome Aboard guys! Glad you were able to make it over to these forums Don.

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
First, on your first comment; point well taken. We named two of our products somewhat descriptively in correlation to the referenced pharmaceutical, without going as far a just giving it a steroid name with one changed letter. Right? Wrong? I'm still not sure, but as we grow we'll figure that out. If I had to call it right now, I'd say those will be the only ones that we'll spin that way, but it's too soon to make any sweeping statements. But, I get your point.

As for new products, we're working on several - all I'll say is as spring approaches and those who are getting ready to compete will want to get ahold of our next one.

BTW we always welcome constructive criticism - this is how we are challenged and learn. Thank you!

D

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
Don, your introduction to us along with product samples and product slicks was very professional. You guys are on the right track.
Thanks. BTW we shipped you our tri-fold POP brochures today. We really appreciate your early support.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Welcome aboard!

agree witht eh others' comments (website looks good!) :thumbsup:

You'll have to get your products over at Nutraplanet so i can try some of them! <hint,hint>

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
kick ass iw as waiting to see if ur coming over here.

Outside Backer

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Glad to see some interest!
You're looking very broad in that Avy, OLB. That's what I am working towards!

Moody Hammer

Moody Hammer

Awards
Much appreciated. I've been idle for 7 months due to a full bicep tear, and I'm just about ready to kick it back in myself... so I feel your pain. Who put the "love" in love handles, anyway?

D
I'm 3 weeks back training since I tore my bicep last February. Would be awesome to get a chance to talk about this further with you.
Best of luck with Applied Nutriceuticals and congrats on getting into NP!

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I saw the nutraplanet post regarding then carrying your brand, and the first thing that struck me was how similar your products seemed to those that were produced by USP labs. I now understand why there is such a similar methodology behind these products seeing as how Dirk was one of the minds behind those USP Labs products.

Anyhow, welcome to AM, I'll certainly be trying out your products in the future.

tattoopierced1

welcome to AM. Very nice intro as well, cant wait to give your products a try.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Welcome. The intro was very professional and a nice touch. Based on your and Dirks background I look forward to seeing your products and growth.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
AM-

Thank you very much for all the positive feedback- every person at Applied Nutriceuticals is honored to be a member of the AnabolicMinds.com community!!!!

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
I saw the nutraplanet post regarding then carrying your brand, and the first thing that struck me was how similar your products seemed to those that were produced by USP labs. I now understand why there is such a similar methodology behind these products seeing as how Dirk was one of the minds behind those USP Labs products.
This is interesting as USP and AN were going back and forth on their products on another forum. To me it looked like USP was trying to bash them.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
This is interesting as USP and AN were going back and forth on their products on another forum. To me it looked like USP was trying to bash them.
Interesting observation Blu.

As stated by Donorrell, no back and forth will be allowed from here on out. Regardless of USP's intentions or motives, the science behind his argument simply did not exist, therefore the argument was basically a waste of forum space.
No ill will is harbored by AN towards USPLabs. Both companies can and will co-exist on this board.
Applied Nutriceuticals is a stand-up company, with products that work, and all the info to back up that fact. No petty argument or hard feelings from the past can change this simple piece of truth.

Taking the high road is the proper thing to do, and the path AN has chosen.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established

Anyhow, welcome to AM, I'll certainly be trying out your products in the future.
Max,
Yes, there are similarities.... but when you take the time to do in-depth comparison, there are plenty of differences between the products, and the companies. I invite you to do some looking :think:

ugab37

ugab37

Applied Nutriceuticals Rep.
Awards
  • Established
Ive communicated with Dirk via email over the last 3 days and Im looking forward to trying some of AN's products. The website looks great. The products look awesome and so far I have been blown away with the customer service I recieved. Im sure you guys are here to stay. Congrats on getting everything up and running.

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm 3 weeks back training since I tore my bicep last February. Would be awesome to get a chance to talk about this further with you.
Best of luck with Applied Nutriceuticals and congrats on getting into NP!
Wow - you've been out longer than me...which felt like forever. I would have been back sooner, but unfortunately I grew a large mass of heterotopic bone at the reattachment site which fused my ulna and radius. The distal tendon healed well but I was limited to doing some light hammer curls because the fusion prohibited me from being able to pronate or supinate at all. Last week they went in and resected the extra bone tissue and VOLIA! I have almost 100% rotation in both directions literally overnight. Obviously it's still sore and I have 17 staples yet to be removed, but I'm so happy to have the mobility back am itching to get back in the gym now before the stitches even come out. I guess I'll play it smart and wait one more week, but man oh man I am so ready to whip my saggy ass back into shape.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ive communicated with Dirk via email over the last 3 days and Im looking forward to trying some of AN's products. The website looks great. The products look awesome and so far I have been blown away with the customer service I recieved. Im sure you guys are here to stay. Congrats on getting everything up and running.
Definitely an interesting chat indeed- it was great talking with you!! BTW- YGM

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I guess I'll play it smart and wait one more week, but man oh man I am so ready to whip my saggy ass back into shape.

Sounds kind of funny coming from someone who is still 280-290 @ 10%- don't be so hard on yourself!!

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see some interest!
You're looking very broad in that Avy, OLB. That's what I am working towards!
Its the only thing that seems to grow on me thank god lol

raptor2003

Awards
Max,
Yes, there are similarities.... but when you take the time to do in-depth comparison, there are plenty of differences between the products, and the companies. I invite you to do some looking :think:
any phellodendron type of product coming out?

you know you could always put in luteolin instead of banaba like ur competitor does..:duel:

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
any phellodendron type of product coming out?

you know you could always put in luteolin instead of banaba like ur competitor does..:duel:
I would go out on a limb here and just recommend that folks just quit the references and comparisons to that competitor and focus on them each as individual upstanding companies and member of our online community. I realize that your intention wasnt bad I am just making a suggestion. This is a great board and lacks all the drama and BS that many others have.

These companies have made peace (or at the very least taken their discussions private)and moved forward in business. Lets let them do that.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would go out on a limb here and just recommend that folks just quit the references and comparisons to that competitor and focus on them each as individual upstanding companies and member of our online community. I realize that your intention wasnt bad I am just making a suggestion. This is a great board and lacks all the drama and BS that many others have.

These companies have made peace (or at the very least taken their discussions private)and moved forward in business. Lets let them do that.
I agree. Similarities are just that, similarities. Let's let AN enjoy their stay here and let the products speak for themselves. Welcome.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Applied Nutriceuticals is a stand-up company, with products that work, and all the info to back up that fact.

Wha...? I mean COME ON...Really, now...you can't run a business like that!

Oh, wait, yes you can. Welcome aboard! :D

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Taking the high road is the proper thing to do, and the path AN has chosen.

Amen to that, you guys definately seem to be setting yourselves apart from the main stream supp companies who throw in inexpensive ingredients, mask in a proprietary blend and charge outrageous prices to make up for advertising costs. Much reps for what seems to be a very stand-up company.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. The MuscleTech thread reminded just how much companies that put out quality products and don't put out 80 dollar 15 serving amino acid complex BS products are worth. Keep the good supps coming.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
The products are a rollin'! Thank you guys for your support. It is truly appreciated.

Dirk and Don mentioned a few times now a new promotion in the works. Stay tuned for more details........

Wildor

Wildor

Awards
i just ordered the night time fat burner and im super anxious

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Welcome guys....good to have you, i checked out your website and products looking forward to receiving the samples and seeing the results..........good luck i think you'll do fine.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Wow. Great website. All those free articles too. Nice. :head:

I also really appreciate how candid you are with what goes into your products.

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
Welcome guys....good to have you, i checked out your website and products looking forward to receiving the samples and seeing the results..........good luck i think you'll do fine.
Thanks you sir! However, we aim to do better than fine.:woohoo:

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to the promotions - any chance in giving us some details.

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanks for the support. Looking forward to hearing feedback on our products from you guys.

Don

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Wow. Great website. All those free articles too. Nice. :head:

I also really appreciate how candid you are with what goes into your products.
Free for all yes.

but for u im sorry we are gonna need 15 dollars per click :)

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
i just ordered the night time fat burner and im super anxious
PLEASE POST YOUR FEEDBACK IMPRESSIONS AND ALL THAT FUN STUFF

i love to read reviews good or bad we want honesty

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Haha, Daddy's gettin charged up the rear. Use those clicks wisely.:rofl: