1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by aluchez View Post
    So when amentoflavone and caffeine in the product stimulating a release in calcium, would it be wise to supplement calcium alongside uncut for long term use?
    Good question- the answer is probably not, at least from what I have seen, the western diet tends to be very adequate when it comes to calcium intake.....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.61%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Good question- the answer is probably not, at least from what I have seen, the western diet tends to be very adequate when it comes to calcium intake.....
    There is actually good data showing that while calcium content of the diet is high, overall absorption is low.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.31%

neuron would approve of amentoflavone.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.31%

I like Huperzine A, too. Dang, this should be a fun product!
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Waiting to hear more
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.62%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    There is actually good data showing that while calcium content of the diet is high, overall absorption is low.
    Good point- in real terms intake doesn't equal bioavailability- calcium seems to have varying bioavailability from source to source (without any specialized delivery systems), below is the discussion portion of a study by Heaney et al. (2001) J Am Coll Nutr June 2001 vol. 20 no. 3 239-246- it looks at relative calcium bioavailability and cost effectiveness in post-menopausal women taking a couple different calcium supps:
    "Calcium supplementation has been shown, in well-controlled clinical studies, to slow age-related bone loss and reduce the risk of hip and other fractures in middle aged and older men and women. Using U.S. data on the medical costs associated with hip fracture compared to the costs of preventive supplementation with calcium, Bendich et al. found that supplementation targeted at those at greatest risk could save over $2.5 billion/year [4]. However, cost-effectiveness of calcium supplementation depends not only on the cost of the product, but on the efficiency of its absorption. All published cost-benefit analyses to date have assumed not only an average price per gram of calcium regardless of the salt, but equal bioavailability for all calcium sources.
    Shangraw [14] had previously shown marked differences in dissolution of calcium supplement preparations, due solely to pharmaceutical formulation differences, and unpublished experience of one of us (RPH) has demonstrated that not all preparations of the same salt exhibit equivalent absorbability. Finally, Heller et al. [7] explicitly raised this question in their recent paper. It is reassuring, therefore, to note that, in this study, Os-Calģ and the non-pharmaceutic, precipitated calcium carbonate exhibited identical bioavailability values. Thus for at least one marketed calcium carbonate product, pharmaceutical formulation does not alter the intrinsic bioavailability of its calcium salt. The same conclusion is probably applicable to the marketed citrate product as well. This is because it did not differ from non-pharmaceutic calcium carbonate in this study and because we had previously shown that the bioavailability values of the pure carbonate and citrate salts were identical [8].
    Interestingly, however, and not previously described, several small differences were noted in pattern of response between the citrate and carbonate sources. None was statistically significant in isolation, but taken together, their mutual consistency suggests underlying differences in metabolic response to the two salts. These effects were i) although the rise in total calcium was the same, slightly less of the increment in serum calcium following the carbonate products was carried as the ionized form and slightly more as the bound form, relative to the citrate salt; ii) PTH suppression was slightly greater for the Citracalģ than for the Os-Calģ, and the difference approximately coincided with the time points at which the ionized calcium differences were most prominent; and iii) urine calcium excretion in the 5 to 24 hour pool was higher for the Citracalģ than for Os-Calģ. The relative depression is shown most clearly in Fig. 4, which plots ionized calcium as a percent of total calcium and shows slightly lower values for the Os-Calģ from 5 to 9 hours. This relative depression may reflect a very slight degree of alkalosis due to exhalation of CO2 from the carbonate anion, but the reason for the delay after ingestion is unclear. Physiologically, these changes are mutually consistent, since a higher ionized calcium would be expected to lead to a greater depression of PTH release, to an increased filtered calcium load at the kidney and, through lowered PTH, to decreased tubular reabsorption of calcium. Although the greater rise in urine calcium with calcium citrate was not statistically significant in this study, it is worth noting that Heller et al. [7] reported a significant loss of calcium in urine following supplementation with calcium citrate (Citracalģ) which was not seen with an equivalent dose of calcium carbonate (Os-Calģ).

We had not designed the study to evaluate this issue, and, indeed, we had not anticipated it. Nevertheless, it is worth noting that the finding of a slight increase in calcium excretion with the citrate source is consistent with what we had reported previously [8]. In that earlier investigation, despite identical tracer-based absorption fractions for the citrate and carbonate salts of calcium, there was a tendency for the urine calcium increment to be greater with the citrate than with the carbonate. We had attributed that finding to a calciuric effect of absorbed citrate, but, in view of the ionized calcium findings in this study, it may, instead, reflect a mild alkalotic effect of the carbonate salt.
    On a methodologic note, it may be worth mentioning that the increments in urine calcium were substantially more variable than the increments in serum calcium. The coefficients of variation (CVs) of the serum and urine calcium increments at their peak values (3 and 5 hours for serum and 0 to 5 hours for urine), for all calcium sources, were 38% to 60% for serum and 77% to 99% for urine. This roughly twofold greater variability underscores, as we have noted previously [8], the relative weakness of using the rise in urine calcium to estimate absorptive performance, particularly for loads as small as 500 mg.
    For this study, the retail cost per 1000 mg of ingested calcium was between $0.16 and $0.20 for the marketed calcium carbonate product and between $0.24 and $0.38 for the marketed calcium citrate product. Since both sources exhibited equivalent bioavailability, it is clear that the carbonate source was the less expensive of the two per unit of absorbed calcium and would therefore exhibit a more favorable cost-benefit relationship in a cost-effectiveness analyses such as set forth in Table 4. Additionally, although not usually considered in cost benefit analysis, the greater calcium density of carbonate-based products means that fewer pills are needed to achieve a desired supplement intake, a factor known to influence patient compliance [15].
    In this study we used 25(OH)D as a rapid and efficient means of ensuring approximately equivalent vitamin D status in all subjects. Such treatment would not be a part of population-level supplementation, and its costs are, accordingly, not a part of our calculations. Vitamin D is contained in both of the supplements tested here, and its cost is, therefore, already factored into the analysis summarized in Table 4.
    While we tested only two commercially available products in this analysis, our purpose was not so much to contrast these two specifically as to use them as examples for a type of calculation and analysis that should be performed for all marketed calcium supplement products. It was beyond the scope of this project to undertake an exhaustive survey of different pharmaceutical formulations, although we believe this should be done. It is a matter of commonplace experience that there are many other alcium products available, at least some of which explicitly meet the USP disintegration and dissolution standards for calcium upplements (and therefore can be presumed to have a bioavailability comparable to what we found here). Their prices range from as low as $0.09 per 1000 mg to as much as $0.53. Lacking bioavailability data for most of these products, it is uncertain whether any of them would exhibit an advantage over the products tested here.
    In conclusion, based upon bioavailability, cost and clinical efficacy, calcium carbonate, in the form of Os-Calģ, would appear to be a good choice for calcium supplementation in a US population at risk for both low bone mineral density and hip fracture."
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.12%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Its interesting that as high in calcium as the western diet is the amount of osteoporosis cases seen. Osteoporosis is basically non existent in other parts of the world and they consume much less calcium. Mainly due to the fact that many americans work sedentary jobs and in other countries they do much more manual labor which is probably the reasoning behind bone strengthening. A little off topic but interesting none the less.
  8. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by xhrr View Post
    Its interesting that as high in calcium as the western diet is the amount of osteoporosis cases seen. Osteoporosis is basically non existent in other parts of the world and they consume much less calcium. Mainly due to the fact that many americans work sedentary jobs and in other countries they do much more manual labor which is probably the reasoning behind bone strengthening. A little off topic but interesting none the less.
    Its is because the true culprit in osteoporosis are deficiencies of vitD, K2 and magnesium.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.31%

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Its is because the true culprit in osteoporosis are deficiencies of vitD, K2 and magnesium.

True!

Did you get my PM?
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.12%

learned something new
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.16%

So rpm is going to be discontinued. It is definitely one of my favorite products. Will uncut give the same euphoric, alpha male aggression that rpm does?
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Icariin definitely gets it done with the attitude.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.78%

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Icariin definitely gets it done with the attitude.
    I get that feeling from Icariin as well.

I agree wit the osetoperosis commenta. Too few times people forget about getting the RDA of micronutrients like phosphorous and magnesium. Eat your damn veggies.

-OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.31%

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I get that feeling from Icariin as well.

I agree wit the osetoperosis commenta. Too few times people forget about getting the RDA of micronutrients like phosphorous and magnesium. Eat your damn veggies.

-OS-Team AppNut
    I'll be trying some App Nut samples soon. Looking forward to rpm
    EvoMuse
  15. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    True!

Did you get my PM?
    yes I did
  16. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.31%

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post

yes I did
    Haha, I sent that a little bit before you replied. Thanks, again.
    EvoMuse
  17. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.62%

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker279 View Post
    So rpm is going to be discontinued. It is definitely one of my favorite products. Will uncut give the same euphoric, alpha male aggression that rpm does?
    Yes on the alpha male qualities- but with a stronger stim effect; We haven't totally decided on RPM yet- we are keeping it around indefinitely.....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
  18. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.31%

Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Yes on the alpha male qualities- but with a stronger stim effect; We haven't totally decided on RPM yet- we are keeping it around indefinitely.....
    Could you explain what benefits icariin confers? (i.e. preworkout dose like in RPM) I'm trying to do some learning on it. Shoot for 40% and up?
    EvoMuse
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.78%

I like Huperzine A, too. Dang, this should be a fun product!
    Huperzine A is a favorite of mine in the nootropic area. Especially for studying or those rough days at work. And I'm hoping it will slow my inevitable decline into dementia.

-OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  20. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.31%

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Huperzine A is a favorite of mine in the nootropic area. Especially for studying or those rough days at work. And I'm hoping it will slow my inevitable decline into dementia.

-OS-Team AppNut
    I'm going to most likely give this product a shot.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.2%

Any hints on an official release date?
  22. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.56%

Any hints on an official release date?
    I believe 2-3 weeks MAYBE but I'm not 100% sure. I will ask for you though and see if I can get a more definite ETA

23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%

If I can guaranty anything it will be some great synergy with the ingredients.
  24. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.31%

I want some Uncut, right meow!
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.58%

If I can guaranty anything it will be some great synergy with the ingredients.

Let me tell you from experience, there is
    [​Team VPX sports]
  26. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.45%

Really enjoying my AN stack right now (NO Uptake, Drive, Free Test, Neovar) so this seems like good timing for info on Uncut (for myself personally). Excited to see how this and PES Enhance turn out. Not a big fan of 99% of the stimulant pre-workouts on the market but for once I am interested to seeing how this turns out.

And honestly who doesn't enjoy just reading the super scientific write-ups Dirk provides?
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.2%

I hope JudoJosh is right because I gave my buddy half of my RPM caps in anticipation of Uncut!!!

Does anyone know if Uncut will be bearable if uncapped? You know...better than the warm puke taste of uncapped rpm and drive
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.82%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I hope JudoJosh is right because I gave my buddy half of my RPM caps in anticipation of Uncut!!!

Does anyone know if Uncut will be bearable if uncapped? You know...better than the warm puke taste of uncapped rpm and drive
    I couldn't handle RPM uncapped.

Its so bad.....
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.28%

Do you do that for some type of convenience or for speed of absorption? Uncut kicks in very quickly, probably the fastest of any of the products in our line. IMO of course. Unless you are extremely inpatient, you won't need to do this.
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.9%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I couldn't handle RPM uncapped.

Its so bad.....
    Nothing wakes you up in the morning like 3 uncapped RPM's and a teaspoon of bulk cissus!
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.2%

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post

Nothing wakes you up in the morning like 3 uncapped RPM's and a teaspoon of bulk cissus!
    Nothing also send you to the toilet quicker. I had the bubble guts and liquid spewing from both ends all night after 2 uncapped rpm and 3 drive. Never again lol
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.9%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Nothing also send you to the toilet quicker. I had the bubble guts and liquid spewing from both ends all night after 2 uncapped rpm and 3 drive. Never again lol
    Rookie...
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.58%

I tried BCv2 uncapped and I thought it was disgusting, I was told its nothing compared to RPM. That being said I'll never try it lol
    [​Team VPX sports]
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%

I have visited this and will never be going back!! Gag
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.82%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I have visited this and will never be going back!! Gag
    I wasted RPM heaving it back up, accepted defeat and took some more caps and headed to the gym.

Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  36. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.31%

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I wasted RPM heaving it back up, accepted defeat and took some more caps and headed to the gym.
    Haha, I'll be trying RPM for the first time when Judo's samples arrive.
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.3%

Uncaped it was like drinking from an ash tray. I could barely workout afterwards. Lol
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.78%

Uncaped it was like drinking from an ash tray. I could barely workout afterwards. Lol
    It is truly an awful flavor. Still, berberine is worse.

-OS-Team AppNut
    Franz Kafka
  39. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.31%

Well, I won't be trying it.
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.82%

Well, I won't be trying it.
    You have to try it once!

Similar Forum Threads

1. NEW ORIGIN PRE WORKOUT $21.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By HYBRID in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-11-2012, 11:09 PM
  2. Odds...of...a Pre-Workout from Athletix Sports
    By NxtGenCowboy in forum Athletix Sports
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 02-10-2012, 09:44 PM
  3. Merry Christmas from Applied Nutriceuticals!
    By SamBoz19 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-21-2009, 03:31 PM
  4. Amazing NEW PRODUCTS from Applied Nutriceuticals!!
    By NutraPlanet CS in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 01:20 PM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 10:16 PM