Uptake spill the beans.

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
  1. Professional Member
    PrepNwa23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,370
    Rep Power
    2765919
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    63.48%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT

    Well i just pulled the trigger and ordered a bottle. So there will be two of us!! haha
    Gonna have to tell us how it goes I'm very curious.

  2. On my grind
    3clipseGT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    10,008
    Rep Power
    1295509
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    14.38%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by PrepNwa23 View Post
    Gonna have to tell us how it goes I'm very curious.
    For sure.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  3. Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    241543
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    35.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by southsideguy View Post
    Can I take this multiple times a day? As in 6 pre-workout and 6 more post? Maybe 6 more with a carb meal?
    The pre-workout out dose should cover the post-workout carb-up
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    drooks10's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    732
    Rep Power
    96788
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    61.11%

    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Well i just pulled the trigger and ordered a bottle. So there will be two of us!! haha
    You're going to love this product. I promise you.

    David
    Team APPNUT
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Appliednutriceuticals.com
    Are you ready for N.O. UPTAKE? It's a game-changer!
  5. Senior Member
    Cary K's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,392
    Rep Power
    360855
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    74.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by drooks10 View Post
    You're going to love this product. I promise you.

    David
    Team APPNUT
    I hope to receive my package (Uptake and HGH-Up) tomorrow!!
    After a year off, I'm back
  6. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,730
    Rep Power
    4928437
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    16.29%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by drooks10 View Post
    You're going to love this product. I promise you.

    David
    Team APPNUT
    How have you put it to use?
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  7. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428710
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.77%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Name:  Screen shot 2012-09-27 at 1.05.05 PM.png
Views: 206
Size:  47.3 KB

    Liking everything but the AAKG !
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  8. Senior Member
    Cary K's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,392
    Rep Power
    360855
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    74.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Name:  Screen shot 2012-09-27 at 1.05.05 PM.png
Views: 206
Size:  47.3 KB

    Liking everything but the AAKG !
    Why not the AAKG? Curious...
    After a year off, I'm back
  9. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428710
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.77%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Cary K View Post
    Why not the AAKG? Curious...
    Not a single google or pubmed search was given. I'm a fan of something else to substitute Arginine ! Like I said, product looks wonderful and mighty intriguing nonetheless.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  10. Senior Member
    Cary K's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,392
    Rep Power
    360855
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    74.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Not a single google or pubmed search was given. I'm a fan of something else to substitute Arginine ! Like I said, product looks wonderful and mighty intriguing nonetheless.
    I agree, it does. I'm am fortunate enough to be getting a bottle of it and HGH-Up to log!!
    After a year off, I'm back
  11. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,721
    Rep Power
    3986147
    Level
    82
    Lv. Percent
    90.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Didn't read the whole write up but I have seen things about the use of Arginine to help with Nitrate tolerance. Haven't really researched it though so I could be wrong (just posting up random ish)
  12. Senior Member
    Cary K's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,392
    Rep Power
    360855
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    74.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Look at what came in the mail today...



    Name:  image-950589073.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  494.4 KB
    After a year off, I'm back
  13. Senior Member
    jdg76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,431
    Rep Power
    991309
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    78.67%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    The pre-workout out dose should cover the post-workout carb-up
    Funny you should say that, I like it so well pre-workout I have yet to try it post. haha

    N.O.Uptake + Freetest + RPM =




    jdg76
    Team APPNUT
  14. Senior Member
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251879
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    37.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jdg76 View Post
    Funny you should say that, I like it so well pre-workout I have yet to try it post. haha

    N.O.Uptake + Freetest + RPM =




    jdg76
    Team APPNUT

    I tried splitting it up 4/3 pre/post and the effects saturate faster but dont expect a hard hit in the beginning. I'd still rather dose up all preworkout.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  15. Senior Member
    Cary K's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,392
    Rep Power
    360855
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    74.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro
    After a year off, I'm back
  16. New Member
    southsideguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    405
    Rep Power
    44226
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    76.61%

    When will NO Uptake be back in stock?
  17. Senior Member
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251879
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    37.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by southsideguy
    When will NO Uptake be back in stock?
    Sometime this week is the word.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  18. New Member
    southsideguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    405
    Rep Power
    44226
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    76.61%

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow

    Sometime this week is the word.
    Good to know. Hats off you guys , great product
  19. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,066
    Rep Power
    2762303
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    35.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by southsideguy View Post
    Good to know. Hats off you guys , great product
    thank you
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  20. Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    241543
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    35.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Name:  Screen shot 2012-09-27 at 1.05.05 PM.png
Views: 206
Size:  47.3 KB

    Liking everything but the AAKG !
    Yeah- I have heard this from a couple different people- I do have my reasons for having it in there- L-Norvaline inhibits arginase, so very little arginine is going to be metabolized by the enzyme. Plus, arginine has the ability to act as a glucose metabolizing agent in skeletal muscle:


    Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2012 Jun;16(6):816-23.
    Effect of 3-month L-arginine supplementation on insulin resistance and tumor necrosis factor activity in patients with visceral obesity.

    Bogdanski P, Suliburska J, Grabanska K, Musialik K, Cieslewicz A, Skoluda A, Jablecka A.
    Source

    Department of Internal Medicine, Metabolic Disorders and Hypertension, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland. pawelbogdanski@wp.pl

    Abstract

    BACKGROUND:

    The role of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha), one of the adipose tissue products, in the pathogenesis of insulin resistance is well-documented. Many recent studies have shown beneficial influence of L-arginine supplementation on cardiovascular system. However, molecular mechanisms of its positive actions are not fully elucidated.
    AIM:

    The aim of the study was to evaluate the influence of L-arginine supplementation on tumor necrosis factor alpha, insulin resistance and selected anthropometric and biochemical parameters in patients with visceral obesity.
    PATIENTS AND METHODS:

    60 patients with visceral obesity were randomly assigned to either receive 9 g of L-arginine or placebo for 3 months. 20 healthy lean subjects were used as control. Selected anthropometrical measurements and blood biochemical analyses were performed at baseline and after 3-months. TNF-alpha and its soluble receptor 2 (sTNFR2) were assessed in both treated groups. Insulin resistance in the participants was evaluated according to the homeostasis model assessment-insulin resistance (HOMA-IR) protocol.
    RESULTS:

    The concentration of insulin, TNF-a and sTNFR2 and HOMA-IR level in both obese groups significantly exceeded these observed in the control. Basal TNF-alpha and sTNFR2 concentrations were positively correlated with basal body mass index (BMI), waist circumference, percent of body fat and HOMA-IR. We found that 3-month L-arginine supplementation resulted in significant decrease of HOMA-IR and insulin concentration. Only insignificant tendency to decrease of TNF-alpha and sTNFR2 was observed.
    CONCLUSIONS:

    Our results confirm TNF-alpha role in the complex pathogenesis of insulin resistance in patients with visceral obesity. 3-months L-arginine supplementation in a dose of 9 g improves insulin sensitivity in patients with visceral obesity with no impact on tumor necrosis factor alpha concentration.



    J Endocrinol Invest. 2012 Jun 25. [Epub ahead of print]
    Supplementation with L-arginine favourably influences plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 concentration in obese patients - a randomized, double blind trial.

    Bogdanski P, Szulinska M, Suliburska J, Pupek-Musialik D, Jablecka A, Witmanowski H.
    Source

    Department of Internal Medicine, Metabolic Disorders and Hypertension, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland.

    Abstract

    Background. Elevated plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI 1) plays an important role in the pathogenesis of excess blood coagulability in obese patients. L-arginine supplementation has shown to be associated with enhanced cardiovascular and metabolic health. The aim of the study was to assess the effect of L-arginine supplementation on PAI 1 concentration and to evaluate the relation to changes in nitric oxide (NO) plasma level, insulin sensitivity (M value) and total antioxidant status (TAS) in obese patients. Material/subjects and methods. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study was conducted from March 2010 to June 2011. 88 obese patients were randomly assigned to receive either 9 g of L-arginine or placebo daily for 6 months. At baseline and after 6 months selected anthropometrical measurements and blood biochemical analyses were performed, and PAI 1, NO, TAS levels were assessed. Insulin sensitivity was evaluated using the hyperinsulinemic euglycemic clamp technique. Results. We found that 6-month L-arginine supplementation resulted in significant decrease of PAI 1. Significant increase of NO, TAS and insulin sensitivity level were noticed. In a group of patients treated with L-arginine negative correlation between a change of insulin sensitivity value and a change of PAI 1 concentration was found. Conclusions. The present findings demonstrate favourable influence of L-arginine supplementation on PAI 1 concentartion in obese patients. Beneficial influence is related to insulin sensitivity improvement. The potential therapeutic role of L-arginine administration in patients with obesity needs further investigation.



    Diabetes Obes Metab. 2012 Oct;14(10):893-900. doi: 10.1111/j.1463-1326.2012.01615.x. Epub 2012 May 21.
    Effect of a long-term oral l-arginine supplementation on glucose metabolism: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.

    Monti LD, Setola E, Lucotti PC, Marrocco-Trischitta MM, Comola M, Galluccio E, Poggi A, Mammž S, Catapano AL, Comi G, Chiesa R, Bosi E, Piatti PM.
    Source

    Cardio-Diabetes and Core Lab Unit, Metabolic and Cardiovascular Science Division, Department of Internal Medicine, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, ItalyCardio-Metabolism and Clinical Trials Unit, Metabolic and Cardiovascular Science Division, Department of Internal Medicine, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, ItalyVascular Surgery, Metabolic and Cardiovascular Science Division, Cardio-Thoraco-Vascular Department,San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, ItalyNeurology Department, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, ItalyCentre for the Study of Atherosclerosis, Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Milan, Italy.

    Abstract

    Aim: This study assessed the efficacy of long-term l-arginine (l-arg) therapy in preventing or delaying type 2 diabetes mellitus. Methods: A mono-centre, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, placebo-controlled, phase III trial (l-arg trial) was conducted on 144 individuals affected by impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) and metabolic syndrome (MS). l-Arg/placebo was administered (6.4 g/day) on a background structured lifestyle intervention for 18 months plus a 12-month extended follow-up period after study drug termination. Fasting glucose levels and glucose tolerance after oral glucose tolerance test were evaluated throughout the study. Results: After 18 months, l-arg as compared with placebo did not reduce the cumulative incidence of diabetes [21.4 and 20.8%, respectively, hazard ratio (HR), 1.04; 95% confidence interval (CI), 0.58-1.86] while the cumulative probability to become normal glucose tolerant (NGT) increased (42.4 and 22.1%, respectively, HR, 2.60; 95% CI, 1.51-4.46, p < 0.001). The higher cumulative probability to become of NGT was maintained during the extended period in subjects previously treated with l-arg (HR, 3.21; 95% CI, 1.87-5.51; p < 0.001). At the end of the extended period, the cumulative incidence of diabetes in subjects previously treated with l-arg was reduced as compared with placebo (27.2 and 47.1%, respectively, HR, 0.42; 95% CI, 0.24-0.75, p < 0.05). During both periods, l-arg significantly improved insulin sensitivity and β-cell function. Conclusion: Among persons with IGT and MS, the supplementation of l-arg for 18 months does not significantly reduce the incidence of diabetes but does significantly increase regression to NGT.


    Metabolism. 2012 Aug 10. [Epub ahead of print]
    L-Arginine enhances glucose and lipid metabolism in rat L6 myotubes via the NO/ c-GMP pathway.

    de Castro Barbosa T, Jiang LQ, Zierath JR, Nunes MT.
    Source

    Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil; Section of Integrative Physiology, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden; Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden.

    Abstract

    OBJECTIVE:

    The amino acid Arginine (Arg) is the main biological precursor of nitric oxide (NO) and has been described to improve insulin sensitivity in diabetes and obesity. We investigated the molecular mechanisms involved in the long-term effects of Arg on glucose and lipid metabolism.
    MATERIALS AND METHODS:

    L6 myotubes were treated with Arg (7mmol/L) for 6days. D-Mannitol (7mmol/L) was used as control; spermine NONOate (10μmol/L) and L-NAME (100μmol/L) were used to evaluate the NO/c-GMP pathway role. Basal and insulin-induced (120 nmol/L) glycogen synthesis, glucose uptake and lipid oxidation, c-GMP and nitrite levels, and the intracellular signaling pathways were evaluated.
    RESULTS:

    Arg-treatment increased: 1) basal and insulin-stimulated glycogen synthesis; 2) glucose uptake; 3) palmitate oxidation; 4) p-Akt (Ser(473)), total and plasma membrane GLUT4 content, total and p-AMPK-α and p-ACC (Ser(79)), p-GSK-3α/β (Ser(21/9)) and 5) nitrite and c-GMP levels. L-NAME treatment suppressed Arg effects on: 1) nitrite and c-GMP content; 2) glycogen synthesis and glucose uptake; 3) basal and insulin-stimulated p-Akt (Ser(473)), total and p-AMPK-α and ACC, and nNOS expression.
    CONCLUSION:

    We provide evidence that Arg improves glucose and lipid metabolism in skeletal muscle, in parallel with increased phosphorylation of Akt and AMPK-α. These effects were mediated by the NO/c-GMP pathway. Thus, arginine treatment enhances signal transduction and has a beneficial effect of metabolism in skeletal muscle through direct activation of Akt and AMPK pathways.





    AKG is in the product for another reason entirely- read the tech write-up and focus on the section regarding mTOR- it will make more sense
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  21. Senior Member
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251879
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    37.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    ^What a guy. Check that out.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  22. Senior Member
    Cary K's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,392
    Rep Power
    360855
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    74.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    ^What a guy. Check that out.
    Yep, talk about science and research
    After a year off, I'm back
  23. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428710
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.77%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Yeah- I have heard this from a couple different people- I do have my reasons for having it in there- L-Norvaline inhibits arginase, so very little arginine is going to be metabolized by the enzyme. Plus, arginine has the ability to act as a glucose metabolizing agent in skeletal muscle:


    Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2012 Jun;16(6):816-23.
    Effect of 3-month L-arginine supplementation on insulin resistance and tumor necrosis factor activity in patients with visceral obesity.

    Bogdanski P, Suliburska J, Grabanska K, Musialik K, Cieslewicz A, Skoluda A, Jablecka A.
    Source

    Department of Internal Medicine, Metabolic Disorders and Hypertension, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland. pawelbogdanski@wp.pl

    Abstract

    BACKGROUND:

    The role of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha), one of the adipose tissue products, in the pathogenesis of insulin resistance is well-documented. Many recent studies have shown beneficial influence of L-arginine supplementation on cardiovascular system. However, molecular mechanisms of its positive actions are not fully elucidated.
    AIM:

    The aim of the study was to evaluate the influence of L-arginine supplementation on tumor necrosis factor alpha, insulin resistance and selected anthropometric and biochemical parameters in patients with visceral obesity.
    PATIENTS AND METHODS:

    60 patients with visceral obesity were randomly assigned to either receive 9 g of L-arginine or placebo for 3 months. 20 healthy lean subjects were used as control. Selected anthropometrical measurements and blood biochemical analyses were performed at baseline and after 3-months. TNF-alpha and its soluble receptor 2 (sTNFR2) were assessed in both treated groups. Insulin resistance in the participants was evaluated according to the homeostasis model assessment-insulin resistance (HOMA-IR) protocol.
    RESULTS:

    The concentration of insulin, TNF-a and sTNFR2 and HOMA-IR level in both obese groups significantly exceeded these observed in the control. Basal TNF-alpha and sTNFR2 concentrations were positively correlated with basal body mass index (BMI), waist circumference, percent of body fat and HOMA-IR. We found that 3-month L-arginine supplementation resulted in significant decrease of HOMA-IR and insulin concentration. Only insignificant tendency to decrease of TNF-alpha and sTNFR2 was observed.
    CONCLUSIONS:

    Our results confirm TNF-alpha role in the complex pathogenesis of insulin resistance in patients with visceral obesity. 3-months L-arginine supplementation in a dose of 9 g improves insulin sensitivity in patients with visceral obesity with no impact on tumor necrosis factor alpha concentration.



    J Endocrinol Invest. 2012 Jun 25. [Epub ahead of print]
    Supplementation with L-arginine favourably influences plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 concentration in obese patients - a randomized, double blind trial.

    Bogdanski P, Szulinska M, Suliburska J, Pupek-Musialik D, Jablecka A, Witmanowski H.
    Source

    Department of Internal Medicine, Metabolic Disorders and Hypertension, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland.

    Abstract

    Background. Elevated plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI 1) plays an important role in the pathogenesis of excess blood coagulability in obese patients. L-arginine supplementation has shown to be associated with enhanced cardiovascular and metabolic health. The aim of the study was to assess the effect of L-arginine supplementation on PAI 1 concentration and to evaluate the relation to changes in nitric oxide (NO) plasma level, insulin sensitivity (M value) and total antioxidant status (TAS) in obese patients. Material/subjects and methods. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study was conducted from March 2010 to June 2011. 88 obese patients were randomly assigned to receive either 9 g of L-arginine or placebo daily for 6 months. At baseline and after 6 months selected anthropometrical measurements and blood biochemical analyses were performed, and PAI 1, NO, TAS levels were assessed. Insulin sensitivity was evaluated using the hyperinsulinemic euglycemic clamp technique. Results. We found that 6-month L-arginine supplementation resulted in significant decrease of PAI 1. Significant increase of NO, TAS and insulin sensitivity level were noticed. In a group of patients treated with L-arginine negative correlation between a change of insulin sensitivity value and a change of PAI 1 concentration was found. Conclusions. The present findings demonstrate favourable influence of L-arginine supplementation on PAI 1 concentartion in obese patients. Beneficial influence is related to insulin sensitivity improvement. The potential therapeutic role of L-arginine administration in patients with obesity needs further investigation.



    Diabetes Obes Metab. 2012 Oct;14(10):893-900. doi: 10.1111/j.1463-1326.2012.01615.x. Epub 2012 May 21.
    Effect of a long-term oral l-arginine supplementation on glucose metabolism: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.

    Monti LD, Setola E, Lucotti PC, Marrocco-Trischitta MM, Comola M, Galluccio E, Poggi A, Mammž S, Catapano AL, Comi G, Chiesa R, Bosi E, Piatti PM.
    Source

    Cardio-Diabetes and Core Lab Unit, Metabolic and Cardiovascular Science Division, Department of Internal Medicine, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, ItalyCardio-Metabolism and Clinical Trials Unit, Metabolic and Cardiovascular Science Division, Department of Internal Medicine, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, ItalyVascular Surgery, Metabolic and Cardiovascular Science Division, Cardio-Thoraco-Vascular Department,San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, ItalyNeurology Department, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, ItalyCentre for the Study of Atherosclerosis, Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Milan, Italy.

    Abstract

    Aim: This study assessed the efficacy of long-term l-arginine (l-arg) therapy in preventing or delaying type 2 diabetes mellitus. Methods: A mono-centre, randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, placebo-controlled, phase III trial (l-arg trial) was conducted on 144 individuals affected by impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) and metabolic syndrome (MS). l-Arg/placebo was administered (6.4 g/day) on a background structured lifestyle intervention for 18 months plus a 12-month extended follow-up period after study drug termination. Fasting glucose levels and glucose tolerance after oral glucose tolerance test were evaluated throughout the study. Results: After 18 months, l-arg as compared with placebo did not reduce the cumulative incidence of diabetes [21.4 and 20.8%, respectively, hazard ratio (HR), 1.04; 95% confidence interval (CI), 0.58-1.86] while the cumulative probability to become normal glucose tolerant (NGT) increased (42.4 and 22.1%, respectively, HR, 2.60; 95% CI, 1.51-4.46, p < 0.001). The higher cumulative probability to become of NGT was maintained during the extended period in subjects previously treated with l-arg (HR, 3.21; 95% CI, 1.87-5.51; p < 0.001). At the end of the extended period, the cumulative incidence of diabetes in subjects previously treated with l-arg was reduced as compared with placebo (27.2 and 47.1%, respectively, HR, 0.42; 95% CI, 0.24-0.75, p < 0.05). During both periods, l-arg significantly improved insulin sensitivity and β-cell function. Conclusion: Among persons with IGT and MS, the supplementation of l-arg for 18 months does not significantly reduce the incidence of diabetes but does significantly increase regression to NGT.


    Metabolism. 2012 Aug 10. [Epub ahead of print]
    L-Arginine enhances glucose and lipid metabolism in rat L6 myotubes via the NO/ c-GMP pathway.

    de Castro Barbosa T, Jiang LQ, Zierath JR, Nunes MT.
    Source

    Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil; Section of Integrative Physiology, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden; Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden.

    Abstract

    OBJECTIVE:

    The amino acid Arginine (Arg) is the main biological precursor of nitric oxide (NO) and has been described to improve insulin sensitivity in diabetes and obesity. We investigated the molecular mechanisms involved in the long-term effects of Arg on glucose and lipid metabolism.
    MATERIALS AND METHODS:

    L6 myotubes were treated with Arg (7mmol/L) for 6days. D-Mannitol (7mmol/L) was used as control; spermine NONOate (10μmol/L) and L-NAME (100μmol/L) were used to evaluate the NO/c-GMP pathway role. Basal and insulin-induced (120 nmol/L) glycogen synthesis, glucose uptake and lipid oxidation, c-GMP and nitrite levels, and the intracellular signaling pathways were evaluated.
    RESULTS:

    Arg-treatment increased: 1) basal and insulin-stimulated glycogen synthesis; 2) glucose uptake; 3) palmitate oxidation; 4) p-Akt (Ser(473)), total and plasma membrane GLUT4 content, total and p-AMPK-α and p-ACC (Ser(79)), p-GSK-3α/β (Ser(21/9)) and 5) nitrite and c-GMP levels. L-NAME treatment suppressed Arg effects on: 1) nitrite and c-GMP content; 2) glycogen synthesis and glucose uptake; 3) basal and insulin-stimulated p-Akt (Ser(473)), total and p-AMPK-α and ACC, and nNOS expression.
    CONCLUSION:

    We provide evidence that Arg improves glucose and lipid metabolism in skeletal muscle, in parallel with increased phosphorylation of Akt and AMPK-α. These effects were mediated by the NO/c-GMP pathway. Thus, arginine treatment enhances signal transduction and has a beneficial effect of metabolism in skeletal muscle through direct activation of Akt and AMPK pathways.





    AKG is in the product for another reason entirely- read the tech write-up and focus on the section regarding mTOR- it will make more sense
    Interesting indeed, this really beats my old thought that AAKG is bunk. Hadn't thought of it that way , I wanna try Uptake even more !
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  24. Senior Member
    Dewey99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,687
    Rep Power
    3292333
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    91.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Interesting indeed, this really beats my old thought that AAKG is bunk. Hadn't thought of it that way , I wanna try Uptake even more !
    Get in line Celorza!
  25. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428710
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.77%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    You are next in line Celorza!
    Gee thanks Dewey I appreciate it! You have my Shipping address anyhow brother! I'll be stalking my mail woman from now on then!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  26. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,066
    Rep Power
    2762303
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    35.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    Yeah- I have heard this from a couple different people- I do have my reasons for having it in there- L-Norvaline inhibits arginase, so very little arginine is going to be metabolized by the enzyme. Plus, arginine has the ability to act as a glucose metabolizing agent in skeletal muscle:
    Personally I am a fan of arginine and I feel it gets a bad rap in the supplement world. People tend to focus soley on the NO claims that are made about it and forget arginine may have other ergogenic properties .

    Here they investigated the effect of oral arginine on vasolidation and VO2Max in soccer players.

    http://www.libsport.ru/doc/8416b4f6-...-42f9704976b1/

    Oral supplementation of L-arginine significantly (p<0.01) decreased blood pressure indicesand increased VO2max (p<0.01), blood flow (p<0.05), femoral artery diameter (p<0.05) and urea levels (p<0.05). There was no change in blood lipid levels (p<0.05). No significant changes were noted in the placebo and control groups.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  27. Senior Member
    dtrain13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,128
    Rep Power
    682295
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    28.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Strong bump but how do you guys recommend cycling this?
  28. Senior Member
    dtrain13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,128
    Rep Power
    682295
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    28.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    One more thing any issues with using this and another product that has NMDA in it like Paragon or Intimidate?
  29. New Member
    Nugget5's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    56704
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    53.29%

    Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13 View Post
    Strong bump but how do you guys recommend cycling this?
    Usually 6-8 weeks on with a 4-6 week cool down.

    Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13 View Post
    One more thing any issues with using this and another product that has NMDA in it like Paragon or Intimidate?
    AFAIK it shouldn't matter but I will check and get back to this ASAP
    [​Team VPX sports]
  30. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,066
    Rep Power
    2762303
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    35.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Re: Uptake spill the beans.


    Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13 View Post
    Strong bump but how do you guys recommend cycling this?
    I would go 12-16 weeks on/6-8 weeks off

    Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13 View Post
    One more thing any issues with using this and another product that has NMDA in it like Paragon or Intimidate?

    NO Uptake has plenty of NMA, no need to take another product with NMDA along with it


    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  31. Senior Member
    dtrain13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,128
    Rep Power
    682295
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    28.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I would go 12-16 weeks on/6-8 weeks off




    NO Uptake has plenty of NMA, no need to take another product with NMDA along with it


    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    I will be using Paragon and was curious if there would be issue. Obviously there would be if there is enough in NO Uptake. I'll hold off until after I'm done with Paragon. Thanks for the answers.
  32. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,066
    Rep Power
    2762303
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    35.49%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Re: Uptake spill the beans.


    I agree, holding off would be your best bet.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  33. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,730
    Rep Power
    4928437
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    16.29%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    NO Uptake and Un-Cut work well together?
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  34. Senior Member
    Dewey99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,687
    Rep Power
    3292333
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    91.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    NO Uptake and Un-Cut work well together?
    Yes, they were designed to be synergistic.
  35. Advanced Member
    xhrr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    974
    Rep Power
    994525
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    40.16%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Is Uptake ever gonna be available outside the appnut site?
  36. Senior Member
    Dewey99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,687
    Rep Power
    3292333
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    91.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by xhrr View Post
    Is Uptake ever gonna be available outside the appnut site?
    Yes it will. You should hear something soon, but probably not until after Uncut is released.
  37. Advanced Member
    xhrr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    974
    Rep Power
    994525
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    40.16%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Yes it will. You should hear something soon, but probably not until after Uncut is released.
    Cool looking forward to trying both, but Uncut is at the top of the list for me.
  38. Senior Member
    Dewey99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,687
    Rep Power
    3292333
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    91.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by xhrr View Post
    Cool looking forward to trying both, but Uncut is at the top of the list for me.
    Good to hear. Having used it, I can tell you that you will be pleased.
  39. Advanced Member
    xhrr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    974
    Rep Power
    994525
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    40.16%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Good to hear. Having used it, I can tell you that you will be pleased.
    I think I will too judging from past AN products and the glimpses we have had at the profile so far.
  40. Elite Member
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,721
    Rep Power
    3986147
    Level
    82
    Lv. Percent
    90.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Yes it will. You should hear something soon, but probably not until after Uncut is released.
    Was I tripping or did someone say their may be some changes with NO Uptake as well? JW because I have enjoyed it and would be intrigued to see what is changing...

    Either way I am still waiting for that 15 pg Uncut write up. Should be educational in one way or another.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Ok PAL...spill the beans on Paravol
    By SwordBurn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 10:16 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-28-2006, 01:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in