1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Question for an App Nut Rep

In Neovar, what is the purpose of the gymnema since it is a carb blocker and the product is recommended for post workout?

Also, how much is effectiveness reduced if a product (particularly hghup, neovar) is taken 2-4 months past it's 'best by' date?

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.14%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Copy and Paste from write up on Nutraplanet,

"NeoVar also adds a high-quality extract of gymnema sylvestra, an herb native to central India, where it has been used as a natural treatment for diabetes for over 2,000 years. Gymnemic acid, the main active constituent of gymnema, has anti-sweetener, anti-inflammatory, and anti-diabetic attributes and its effects also closely mimic those of insulin (13-16)"
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.14%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Also I don't think if you take a product a few months after its expiration date it will effect the product in any way shape or form.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

It is a supposed anti inflammatory. On top of that, its good to take something w GDA properties post workout to prime yourself before your carb containing post workout shake.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

The insulin mimicing effect is the primary function here. Phosphocreatine needs a little help crossing into the cellular material. That's also why its suggested to take with carbs.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.46%

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    The insulin mimicing effect is the primary function here. Phosphocreatine needs a little help crossing into the cellular material. That's also why its suggested to take with carbs.
    But what about gymnemas specific ability to block carbs, how could that be beneficial post workout? Wouldn't that be detrimental to what you're trying to accomplish post workout?
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

Carb blocker is an improper label for this ingredient. The only thing it should be blocking is a huge insulin spike and carbs depositing into adipose tissue as triglycerides. It's an insulin mimickerso two things happen: this compound will help shuttle carbohydrate nutrient into the cells and regulate blood glucose levels by a similar method of action to that of insulin. With that being said, the body thinks insulin has been secreted and the endocrine response to a carb influx is blunted to a degree. The advantage of this is insulin mimickers such as gymnema, cinnamtanin B1, vanadium, limolin, etc prefer to target somatic muscle tissue over adipose tissue.

It doesn't block nutrient uptake, it directs traffic.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.45%

Couldn't have said it better myself......
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.46%

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    Carb blocker is an improper label for this ingredient. The only thing it should be blocking is a huge insulin spike and carbs depositing into adipose tissue as triglycerides. It's an insulin mimickerso two things happen: this compound will help shuttle carbohydrate nutrient into the cells and regulate blood glucose levels by a similar method of action to that of insulin. With that being said, the body thinks insulin has been secreted and the endocrine response to a carb influx is blunted to a degree. The advantage of this is insulin mimickers such as gymnema, cinnamtanin B1, vanadium, limolin, etc prefer to target somatic muscle tissue over adipose tissue.

It doesn't block nutrient uptake, it directs traffic.
    Probably the best explanation I have had of this particular ingredient. Thanks
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

Anytime. Glad to be of service.
    Franz Kafka
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.46%

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Anytime. Glad to be of service.
    One more question: I have heard from bodybuilders that slin sane prevents an effective carb up and getting full on the days leading up to a competition due to the gymnema. Thoughts?
  12. O.G. Appnut
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

How many times have you heard this and from who? My guess is most would disagree.
    The only thing in the way of getting full on those days is poor planning and diet.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

I cant comment personally as I drop virtually all supplementation prior to competition and rely on whats in my fridge. Neither have I heard this from anyone. I second the above statement.
    Franz Kafka
  14. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.29%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    One more question: I have heard from bodybuilders that slin sane prevents an effective carb up and getting full on the days leading up to a competition due to the gymnema. Thoughts?
    I would highly doubt that and agree with Jammie. I've never had an issue using Slin Sane or a GDA containing the mentioned ingredient prior to competition or a photoshoot affecting how full the muscles can get. Some reasons they won't get full are if you're eliminating or restricting carbohydrates, not getting enough water, etc.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%

^sodium imbalance can play a role as well. It's a diet issue, nothing wrong with gymnema.
    Franz Kafka

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cycle question/Been out of the game question
    By animalkrack3r in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 06:34 PM
  2. Daa question + waxy maize (Kwick Karb) question
    By doolee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 02:57 PM
  3. Progesterone Gyno question and Epi question
    By burywhite in forum Supplements