Question for an App Nut Rep

U

uvawahoowa

Awards
In Neovar, what is the purpose of the gymnema since it is a carb blocker and the product is recommended for post workout?

Also, how much is effectiveness reduced if a product (particularly hghup, neovar) is taken 2-4 months past it's 'best by' date?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Copy and Paste from write up on Nutraplanet,

"NeoVar also adds a high-quality extract of gymnema sylvestra, an herb native to central India, where it has been used as a natural treatment for diabetes for over 2,000 years. Gymnemic acid, the main active constituent of gymnema, has anti-sweetener, anti-inflammatory, and anti-diabetic attributes and its effects also closely mimic those of insulin (13-16)"

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also I don't think if you take a product a few months after its expiration date it will effect the product in any way shape or form.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is a supposed anti inflammatory. On top of that, its good to take something w GDA properties post workout to prime yourself before your carb containing post workout shake.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
The insulin mimicing effect is the primary function here. Phosphocreatine needs a little help crossing into the cellular material. That's also why its suggested to take with carbs.

U

uvawahoowa

Awards
The insulin mimicing effect is the primary function here. Phosphocreatine needs a little help crossing into the cellular material. That's also why its suggested to take with carbs.
But what about gymnemas specific ability to block carbs, how could that be beneficial post workout? Wouldn't that be detrimental to what you're trying to accomplish post workout?

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Carb blocker is an improper label for this ingredient. The only thing it should be blocking is a huge insulin spike and carbs depositing into adipose tissue as triglycerides. It's an insulin mimickerso two things happen: this compound will help shuttle carbohydrate nutrient into the cells and regulate blood glucose levels by a similar method of action to that of insulin. With that being said, the body thinks insulin has been secreted and the endocrine response to a carb influx is blunted to a degree. The advantage of this is insulin mimickers such as gymnema, cinnamtanin B1, vanadium, limolin, etc prefer to target somatic muscle tissue over adipose tissue.

It doesn't block nutrient uptake, it directs traffic.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Couldn't have said it better myself......

U

uvawahoowa

Awards
Carb blocker is an improper label for this ingredient. The only thing it should be blocking is a huge insulin spike and carbs depositing into adipose tissue as triglycerides. It's an insulin mimickerso two things happen: this compound will help shuttle carbohydrate nutrient into the cells and regulate blood glucose levels by a similar method of action to that of insulin. With that being said, the body thinks insulin has been secreted and the endocrine response to a carb influx is blunted to a degree. The advantage of this is insulin mimickers such as gymnema, cinnamtanin B1, vanadium, limolin, etc prefer to target somatic muscle tissue over adipose tissue.

It doesn't block nutrient uptake, it directs traffic.
Probably the best explanation I have had of this particular ingredient. Thanks

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Anytime. Glad to be of service.

U

uvawahoowa

Awards
Anytime. Glad to be of service.
One more question: I have heard from bodybuilders that slin sane prevents an effective carb up and getting full on the days leading up to a competition due to the gymnema. Thoughts?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
How many times have you heard this and from who? My guess is most would disagree.
The only thing in the way of getting full on those days is poor planning and diet.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I cant comment personally as I drop virtually all supplementation prior to competition and rely on whats in my fridge. Neither have I heard this from anyone. I second the above statement.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One more question: I have heard from bodybuilders that slin sane prevents an effective carb up and getting full on the days leading up to a competition due to the gymnema. Thoughts?
I would highly doubt that and agree with Jammie. I've never had an issue using Slin Sane or a GDA containing the mentioned ingredient prior to competition or a photoshoot affecting how full the muscles can get. Some reasons they won't get full are if you're eliminating or restricting carbohydrates, not getting enough water, etc.

~Rosie~

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
^sodium imbalance can play a role as well. It's a diet issue, nothing wrong with gymnema.