AppNut was sold

_mArs_

_mArs_

Awards
From a post on another forum

"I am happy to announce that effective March 7, my partners and I have sold Applied Nutriceuticals.

The new owner, Mr. Lance Rankin, is based in San Diego and recently sold Premier Nutrition (makers of protein bars and shakes). He brings tons of knowledge and opportunity to the table, and plans on investing heavily in the company to fuel accelerated growth. Also joining the team is Pete Vasdias, who will be assuming the General Manager role, overseeing daily operations and finances. Both of these individuals are truly great guys and in a short time we’ve developed a strong friendship and admiration of their knowledge and abilities. I am 100% confident that they are going to take AppNut to levels previously thought unattainable via completely new products and categories.

Dirk will be remaining in his current role as the chief chemist on a permanent basis, and Tanya and I will be remaining on board for a yet undetermined amount of time to assist with the transition. Otherwise, no other changes are being made to the staff, business location or day-to-day activities.

There is one additional twist. Due to Lance’s non-compete with his former company, Applied Nutriceuticals will no longer be able to produce or sell powdered products for several years. Therefore, Lit-Up will be divested separately to another buyer, who will role it into their existing brand. Barring any unforeseen issues, we hope to consummate the sale before the end of the month. In the meantime, since our existing inventory is branded Applied Nutriceuticals, we cannot sell it until it is repackaged. I will keep you apprised of those changes once it’s all nailed down.

Over the next few weeks we’ll be working with Lance and Pete to bring them up speed on all the finer nuances of our operation. Otherwise, it’s business as usual. I’ll be around for a while, so all the programs and projects we’re working on will proceed uninterrupted.

I want to personally thank the team here at BB.com both past and present as we’ve made a lot of good friends both at the corporate level and here on the forums. Rest assured we’ll still be lurking about from time to time. As for new ventures…only time will tell!

All the best -

Don"

_mArs_

_mArs_

Awards
should i not have posted this? i thought people would be excited to learn the news

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no its all good man. what are you excited about? That Lit Up is gone? That Dirk isnt the owner? lol

alysonAppNut

Awards
It's very exciting and bittersweet at the same time. We are going to miss Don and Tanya tremendously, but there are huge things that are going to be coming from AppNut in the next few months to look forward to!

no its all good man. what are you excited about? That Lit Up is gone? That Dirk isnt the owner? lol

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope LitUp comes back soon and the new company hits the ground running!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is one additional twist. Due to Lance’s non-compete with his former company, Applied Nutriceuticals will no longer be able to produce or sell powdered products for several years. Therefore, Lit-Up will be divested separately to another buyer, who will role it into their existing brand. Barring any unforeseen issues, we hope to consummate the sale before the end of the month. In the meantime, since our existing inventory is branded Applied Nutriceuticals, we cannot sell it until it is repackaged. I will keep you apprised of those changes once it’s all nailed down.
So what you're saying is that Cool Down will just be a tad bit longer in coming out....?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LOL, funny guy! :D

But, as a powder, yes it would be about 3 1/2 years longer!
Ah, well, fair enough
<sets reminder on Outlook to bump Cool Down thread in Sept 2015>

Unrelated, I've had several boxes of Premier Nutrition's protein bars, tasty!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
:goodpost:

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lit Up and IGF 2 are the two AppNut products i stay stocked up on. now 1 of them is gone. i feel like my left nut has been removed.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's very exciting and bittersweet at the same time. We are going to miss Don and Tanya tremendously, but there are huge things that are going to be coming from AppNut in the next few months to look forward to!
if dirk makes it, im cool with any new product. anybody else, i gotta research on them and the ingredients they use. i only trust Dirk.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Lit Up and IGF 2 are the two AppNut products i stay stocked up on. now 1 of them is gone. i feel like my left nut has been removed.
At least u still have 1.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if dirk makes it, im cool with any new product. anybody else, i gotta research on them and the ingredients they use. i only trust Dirk.
Big guy really knows his stuff!!

alysonAppNut

Awards
Obviously Dirk will be making it since it says right in the announcement he will be staying on as lead chemist. The only things that are changing are Don, Tanya, and LIT-UP. Everything else is the same.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I feel the exact same way R1. I'm gonna be hurting without my lit up. And all the tubs I've been giving away I'm feeling bad about now lol. But I love me some drive and rpm is a kick ass preworkout in pill form so I'll survive hahah

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Obviously Dirk will be making it since it says right in the announcement he will be staying on as lead chemist. The only things that are changing are Don, Tanya, and LIT-UP. Everything else is the same.
Hey alyson. Good to see you on AM :)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don is a G. hate to see him go. from what i have seen, Lit Up is one of, if not the, most popular AppNut product. its a shame its gone. oh well, got that superpump all day every day! yeah buddy!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Life moves on, things change and move forward. A quality company with solid products, all the best to AppNut and the new owners.

~Rosie~

alysonAppNut

Awards
RPM and Drive are both great pre-workouts that can take the place of LIT-UP, have you tried supplementing either one of those?

Don is a G. hate to see him go. from what i have seen, Lit Up is one of, if not the, most popular AppNut product. its a shame its gone. oh well, got that superpump all day every day! yeah buddy!

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
Lit-Up isn't gone...it's just being re-branded. A deal has been struck and we hope to have it back up and running in a few weeks. The new owner will also have the formula for Cool-Down, amoung a few other unreleased formulas.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is great news!

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Lit-Up isn't gone...it's just being re-branded. A deal has been struck and we hope to have it back up and running in a few weeks. The new owner will also have the formula for Cool-Down, amoung a few other unreleased formulas.
The OG himself in the building! Fo realz! :D

Good news litup will be back up and running soon. Also cool to hear cool down might show up as well.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so we are able to sell powders now?!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any idea on when that owner will be made public and the new LItUp available?

steppinRazor

Awards
this blows. Lit up is my shizzz.. and im just about out. wtf.

steppinRazor

Awards
i have two tubs left. one peach and one cherry if u want one PM me
For real bro?? That's what's up. Unfortunately I just picked up some C4 today and not much else is in the budget..in 2 Weeks I'd be all over that peach tea, if the offers still on the table

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Vs has a ton, the one I work at least. Both flavors

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For real bro?? That's what's up. Unfortunately I just picked up some C4 today and not much else is in the budget..in 2 Weeks I'd be all over that peach tea, if the offers still on the table
sure man

Vs has a ton, the one I work at least. Both flavors
yeah alot of stores still have it but wont be able to order anymore.

alysonAppNut

Awards
As soon as everything is finalized we will definitely be announcing the details - I would estimate in the next two weeks we will be making the announcement!
Any idea on when that owner will be made public and the new LItUp available?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As soon as everything is finalized we will definitely be announcing the details - I would estimate in the next two weeks we will be making the announcement!
No the new owner of LIT-UP will also have the formula to Cool-Down, so he would be releasing it in powder form
Awesome! Look forward to the announcement.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
As for now, if your interested in picking up whats left of Lit Up its on sale at NutraPlanet for 26.99, the triple threat is 79.99 and Fat Free is only 19.99!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As for now, if your interested in picking up whats left of Lit Up its on sale at NutraPlanet for 26.99, the triple threat is 79.99 and Fat Free is only 19.99!
isnt it normally 26.99 at nutra? jw.

i remember they had a sale once that was like 18.99 or something. good ol days

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I asked myself the same question. I think its always been 26.99.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats weird bro. i would think they would have a sale on it or something.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Id keep an eye on it. Its too soon a move, in a couple months itll be on clearance is my bet. Like what they did with Scivations original Xtend mix.

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
Ok so now who is making LitUp now and where can I get it?