Original Formulas of Drive + RPM compared to now

  1. Registered User
    Zero V's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under Gods grace
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,287
    Rep Power
    7011

    Original Formulas of Drive + RPM compared to now


    So I have some old school bottles of Drive + RPM. Because when I was on Nutraplanet looking around I thought he, its been years. I wouldnt mind giving Drive and RPM another go. It went exceptional for me the first time!

    Even though I had not looked at the bottles in years, the ingredient profile instantly stood out as different. So I dug a bottle out and looked at them. Yeah, different.

    So whats the case here? I have fond memories of these two supplements, but being in this field for years I have become wary of any changes people make.

  2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    h town
    Posts
    11,446
    Rep Power
    3785188

    I became a rep after they reformulated rpm, so I can't comment on the previous version. You can pm any rep and get a few samples of drive and rpm before you go purchase a bottle
  3. Registered User
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,701
    Rep Power
    4651711

    I'll take those OG RPM bottles from you! The original was awesome.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Zero V's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Under Gods grace
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,287
    Rep Power
    7011

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    I became a rep after they reformulated rpm, so I can't comment on the previous version. You can pm any rep and get a few samples of drive and rpm before you go purchase a bottle
    The problem with that is Drive, as I remembered, took about a week of full dosing to kick in.

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    I'll take those OG RPM bottles from you! The original was awesome.
    Its a 90% empty bottle of RPM lol. Just a few lil red beauties left in the bottom.
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    h town
    Posts
    11,446
    Rep Power
    3785188

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero V

    The problem with that is Drive, as I remembered, took about a week of full dosing to kick in..
    Most test boosters are the same way
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    204220

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    So I have some old school bottles of Drive + RPM. Because when I was on Nutraplanet looking around I thought he, its been years. I wouldnt mind giving Drive and RPM another go. It went exceptional for me the first time!

    Even though I had not looked at the bottles in years, the ingredient profile instantly stood out as different. So I dug a bottle out and looked at them. Yeah, different.

    So whats the case here? I have fond memories of these two supplements, but being in this field for years I have become wary of any changes people make.
    I have addressed this before- we used to use 50% icariin in the product- but with one major issue: the RPM/Drive stack was actually causing too much PDE5 inhibition (actually working too well), and this was giving people some unwanted sides.....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  7. Registered User
    Ando55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    321

    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    I have addressed this before- we used to use 50% icariin in the product- but with one major issue: the RPM/Drive stack was actually causing too much PDE5 inhibition (actually working too well), and this was giving people some unwanted sides.....

    ROFL! I remember it having the 50% the first time I sampled the product, didn't try it in a while. Would be nice to pick some up and see how it goes! What kind of side effects were being experienced?
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    flightposite's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    2,945
    Rep Power
    311219

    Quote Originally Posted by Ando55

    ROFL! I remember it having the 50% the first time I sampled the product, didn't try it in a while. Would be nice to pick some up and see how it goes! What kind of side effects were being experienced?
    Random wood. lol Jk. Actually I don't know. Probably a drop in blood pressure if I had to guess
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  9. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kiwi in the United States
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,171
    Rep Power
    194004

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    So I have some old school bottles of Drive + RPM. Because when I was on Nutraplanet looking around I thought he, its been years. I wouldnt mind giving Drive and RPM another go. It went exceptional for me the first time!

    Even though I had not looked at the bottles in years, the ingredient profile instantly stood out as different. So I dug a bottle out and looked at them. Yeah, different.

    So whats the case here? I have fond memories of these two supplements, but being in this field for years I have become wary of any changes people make.
    Drive has not changed.

    RPM changed a few years ago; there were several threads created to explain the changes. See here: What the hell? (RPM)

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  10. Registered User
    Outside Backer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    ErgoPumped
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,629
    Rep Power
    89660

    Quote Originally Posted by rms80 View Post
    I have addressed this before- we used to use 50% icariin in the product- but with one major issue: the RPM/Drive stack was actually causing too much PDE5 inhibition (actually working too well), and this was giving people some unwanted sides.....

    This

    tracers were the common issues from too much Most folks halfed the dosage,

    rpm and drive is still the best PB&J stack of my all time favs
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  11. Registered User
    Shocker279's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    30213

    It looks like the formula has changed again. On the appnut website it shows rpm and drive as having 20% icariin. So I guess rpm is even worse now. The original formula with 50% worked so much better, I definitley noticed a difference. I dont react well with forskolin so I dont use drive. So it kind of sucks for people who only use one or the other. It always annoys me when company's produce an amazing product and then later change the formula and it just doesn't work as well as before.
  12. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kiwi in the United States
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,171
    Rep Power
    194004

    Quote Originally Posted by Shocker279 View Post
    It looks like the formula has changed again. On the appnut website it shows rpm and drive as having 20% icariin. So I guess rpm is even worse now. The original formula with 50% worked so much better, I definitley noticed a difference. I dont react well with forskolin so I dont use drive. So it kind of sucks for people who only use one or the other. It always annoys me when company's produce an amazing product and then later change the formula and it just doesn't work as well as before.
    Actually, the current formula of RPM works pretty well for most people.

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    204220

    Quote Originally Posted by flightposite View Post
    Random wood. lol Jk. Actually I don't know. Probably a drop in blood pressure if I had to guess
    That was one of them, lol
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  14. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    rms80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    4,224
    Rep Power
    204220

    Quote Originally Posted by Shocker279 View Post
    It looks like the formula has changed again. On the appnut website it shows rpm and drive as having 20% icariin. So I guess rpm is even worse now. The original formula with 50% worked so much better, I definitley noticed a difference. I dont react well with forskolin so I dont use drive. So it kind of sucks for people who only use one or the other. It always annoys me when company's produce an amazing product and then later change the formula and it just doesn't work as well as before.
    Changing the % icariin was definitely not our choice- the 40 and 50% icariin has become increasingly difficult, if not impossible, to source over the last couple years- it got to the point where we were one of the only companies using it, so most of our bulk suppliers quit carrying it. RPM and Drive are extremely effective with the 20% icariin- and to compensate for the change, we added 2.5x the amount of icariin per capsule of the 20% from when we used the 50%- and as far as the effectiveness, we haven't seen much of a difference. We actually started using a higher % cordyceps in Drive (40%) as well, as it we feel it makes for a more effective product.....
    Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  15. Registered User
    Shocker279's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    30213

    Oh ok I guess that makes sense. That's great to hear.
  16. Registered User
    Shocker279's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    30213

    How is it possible that you added 2.5x the icariin if the blend of 290mg stays the same as when there was 40% and 50%?
  17. Banned
    flexitnut's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    I am hearing good things about this stuff!
  18. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    flightposite's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    2,945
    Rep Power
    311219

    Quote Originally Posted by flexitnut
    I am hearing good things about this stuff!
    It's a amazing combo product.
    Athletic Xtreme Team REP
    http://www.AthleticX.net/
    AXHOLE BY NATURE
  19. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    h town
    Posts
    11,446
    Rep Power
    3785188

    Quote Originally Posted by flexitnut View Post
    I am hearing good things about this stuff!
    yeah its good. take the suggested amount (by body weight). i gave a few sample packs to a friend and he took the dose for someone who weighed 250 and threw up three times.
  20. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,770
    Rep Power
    2088892

    Drive at 5 caps is magical!
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Calipers vs. Formulas
    By Alek in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 04:25 AM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 07:04 PM
  3. PM fat loss formulas?
    By jshin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 07:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in