Starting IGF2 tomorrow and should I star free test also

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am 44, 5'11", 170 ish, and 9 to 10 percent body fat (according to scale like thing my doctor uses), my test runs in 550 or so range and my IGF-1 always in the 280 to 290 range. I have never found it necessary to take anything other than a pre workout, but getting older and gains are harder to come by.

I am looking forward to trying the IGF2 as my sleep sucks and I wouldn't mind a little boost so to speak. Sex drive and sex life is awesome and I have been scared of messing with test or boosters as I do not want to mess with something that does not seem broken. I also have too many friends and old workout buds from the 80s and 90s who used roids and all of them are jacked up now in that their natural test levels are low and etc. This causes me a bit of paranoia about shut down or messing with natural levels, but I am totally ready to do HGh when I get a bit older and things don't work so well or if I ever start looking my age.

That being said, should I go ahead and use the test boost with the IGF2 now or should I just continue to be conservative and wait and see what IGF2 does on its own. Thought about going Free test maybe after done with IGF2, but tempted to stack them and see what happens.

I am looking primarily for recomp, to cut some more around the ab area (I eat horrible but have awesome genes) and maybe gain a couple to 5 pounds. Really not interested in much more size and more interested on getting more ab definition, more cut, and little more vascularity.

Currently, take nitric shock (no caff) pre, fish oils, tocotronols, Vitamin C (a couple emergenc packs daily), and a multi. Never taken anything else other than super pump 250 for a few years. Just started taking whey daily also in the last week and have not even taken protein since 80s or 90s.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
free test is perfectly fine to take with IGF 2

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
free test is perfectly fine to take with IGF 2
Haha, perhaps my longwindedness deterred you from reading it all. I have read that it is totally cool to stack, I just wanted to make sure it was right for my goals and my concerns of not messing with mother nature too much as I am blessed with great genes.

I will order tomorrow to just have around in case I decide to take the plunge.

I stopped super pump after 2 years to cut out caffeine and not really happy with the SNI Nitric Shock. Do you guys have a pre that you recommend as I might as well get something else to try if order the Free Test tomorrow.

boogyman

Awards
Haha, perhaps my longwindedness deterred you from reading it all. I have read that it is totally cool to stack, I just wanted to make sure it was right for my goals and my concerns of not messing with mother nature too much as I am blessed with great genes.

I stopped super pump after 2 years to cut out caffeine and not really happy with the SNI Nitric Shock. Do you guys have a pre that you recommend as I might as well get something else to try if order the Free Test tomorrow.
I can recommend RPM, although it does contain caffeine. I have been taking it for 3 weeks and it works great. A huge energy and focus boost with no crash. As a matter of fact, I workout early in the morning, then go to work, and the effects carry on well into my morning at work and and I pretty much stopped drinking coffee.

malleus25

malleus25

Awards
While it does have caff. in it I would Highly suggest Wyked from Taurus Nutrition . Yes I am logging it but I would suggest it even if I was not.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am 44, 5'11", 170 ish, and 9 to 10 percent body fat (according to scale like thing my doctor uses), my test runs in 550 or so range and my IGF-1 always in the 280 to 290 range. I have never found it necessary to take anything other than a pre workout, but getting older and gains are harder to come by.

I am looking forward to trying the IGF2 as my sleep sucks and I wouldn't mind a little boost so to speak. Sex drive and sex life is awesome and I have been scared of messing with test or boosters as I do not want to mess with something that does not seem broken. I also have too many friends and old workout buds from the 80s and 90s who used roids and all of them are jacked up now in that their natural test levels are low and etc. This causes me a bit of paranoia about shut down or messing with natural levels, but I am totally ready to do HGh when I get a bit older and things don't work so well or if I ever start looking my age.

That being said, should I go ahead and use the test boost with the IGF2 now or should I just continue to be conservative and wait and see what IGF2 does on its own. Thought about going Free test maybe after done with IGF2, but tempted to stack them and see what happens.

I am looking primarily for recomp, to cut some more around the ab area (I eat horrible but have awesome genes) and maybe gain a couple to 5 pounds. Really not interested in much more size and more interested on getting more ab definition, more cut, and little more vascularity.

Currently, take nitric shock (no caff) pre, fish oils, tocotronols, Vitamin C (a couple emergenc packs daily), and a multi. Never taken anything else other than super pump 250 for a few years. Just started taking whey daily also in the last week and have not even taken protein since 80s or 90s.
Just be aware that the BIA scale your doctor uses re body composition is NOT an accurate measure of what you actual body composition is, and can only be used as a "progress" measure to see if you are increasing or decreasing bodyfat, etc.

If you have never used IGF-2 before, use it standalone first so that you know what effects it gives you, etc. If you want to use FREE TEST as well, I recommend waiting a month or so before stacking that with IGF-2.

If you want to recomp, then you better make sure your nutrition stops being terrible, since success (or lack of it) is going to be determined by how you manipulate your nutrition.

Regardless of you wanting to lose the fat on your midsection, if this is the last place that fat goes from your body, it will be the last place. For most, nutrition is the predominating factor in fat loss, so, as I said above, make sure that is optimal for YOU re fat loss.

Note that wanting to lose bodyfat but gain 2-5 pounds IS going to mean you gain more muscle mass re size. Gaining muscle mass can also make you appear leaner and more defined if bodyfat remains the same or decreases.

Your supplements are fine. Make the IGF-2 the only difference there for a month - even with terrible nutrition, you'll still get decent results; you'll just get the BEST results if EVERYTHING re nutrition and training are optimal for YOU for your goals and needs. All the best.

~Rosie~

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Awesome Rosie. Exactly what I was looking for. I know those scales are not real accurate and my personal trainer a while back was using pinch type test in different areas.

I will definitely wait a month and see how I respond. I really don't have any noticeable ab fat (30 inch waist) so to speak and am very lean looking, but my ab muscles are only partially visible and not just jumping out at you. My shoulder, back and tris are very, very tight and defined. I just have a hard time getting any size. Diet and surfing play a huge role here.

I look almost too thin in clothes and sometimes pig out on junk food (cake, ice-cream, donuts) just to try and gain some weight. Tried creatine. It just made me bloated feeling. IGF2 is waiting at home and I cannot wait to try it out. Thanks again for input.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome Rosie. Exactly what I was looking for. I know those scales are not real accurate and my personal trainer a while back was using pinch type test in different areas.

I will definitely wait a month and see how I respond. I really don't have any noticeable ab fat (30 inch waist) so to speak and am very lean looking, but my ab muscles are only partially visible and not just jumping out at you. My shoulder, back and tris are very, very tight and defined. I just have a hard time getting any size. Diet and surfing play a huge role here.

I look almost too thin in clothes and sometimes pig out on junk food (cake, ice-cream, donuts) just to try and gain some weight. Tried creatine. It just made me bloated feeling. IGF2 is waiting at home and I cannot wait to try it out. Thanks again for input.
No worries :)

Be aware that if your trainer used skinfolds, if they did not measure and mark the areas to take skinfolds from, take at least two measurements at each area, and do 6-8 skinfolds, then their result is likely as inaccurate as the scales and can only be used to measure progress.

Nutrition is the key if you wanted size. If you want gains, then you need to eat enough for them, and no supplement is going to help you gain muscle if you're not eating for it, period! NUTRITION and TRAINING are the two factors that you need to focus on. FOOD, FOOD, and MORE FOOD is going to be IMPORTANT - if you want muscle gains, you needs to EAT for it!

Next to nutrition for mass is training. You have to be training correctly for mass - check out the article How To Maximize Mass Through Weights And Adaptation for an idea of how to train correctly for mass. And although The Essential 8 is in the fat loss section, the same exercises that are best for fat loss are also the best for gaining muscle! You also need to get adequate recovery, since it's in your RECOVERY that you GROW (if you are eating enough).

Creatine should be a STAPLE in your supplement arsenal, IMO, and if it bloated you, then you should look at trying a different creatine. Something like NeoVar, Cre-02, or Kre-Alkalyn.

~Rosie~

jdrannin1

Awards

Lots of people (me included) will use Drive pre-workout. If you have IGF-2 you can take both of them pre-wo. You should notice a boost in endurance and vascularity.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Be aware that if your trainer used skinfolds, if they did not measure and mark the areas to take skinfolds from, take at least two measurements at each area, and do 6-8 skinfolds, then their result is likely as inaccurate as the scales and can only be used to measure progress

Creatine should be a STAPLE in your supplement arsenal, IMO, and if it bloated you, then you should look at trying a different creatine. Something like NeoVar, Cre-02, or Kre-Alkalyn.

~Rosie~
Was doing creatine monohydrate and used size on for a while a few years ago. Appreciate all the tips. Have trained all my life, had personal trainers and dietitians here there. Stuck in a rut now doing same old same old. I definitely need to change it up and get back into serious core work. I moved out of big city to beach community and there is no Bikram Yoga and good Pilates close by.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Was doing creatine monohydrate and used size on for a while a few years ago. Appreciate all the tips. Have trained all my life, had personal trainers and dietitians here there. Stuck in a rut now doing same old same old. I definitely need to change it up and get back into serious core work. I moved out of big city to beach community and there is no Bikram Yoga and good Pilates close by.
Try another creatine product - if you prefer a preworkout with creatine in, then by all means, do that.

Meaning no disrespect, but if you've trained all your life, then I expect you to be a little more knowledgeable on things, honestly, and certainly not to have used personal trainers and dieticians "here there" (unless it was in the starting stages only), and most definitely NOT to be "Stuck in a rut now doing same old same old" because it tells me that you have not learnt anything in all that time (if your trainers and dieticians were any good, you should have learnt a LOT - at least enough on how to adjust your training AND nutrition on your own to be able to continue making progress)!

I seriously recommend that you start researching as much as possible and soaking up the knowledge and applying it! Otherwise, get a trainer who can and will explain everything that they do for you to you, so that you know what you're doing and why for yourself, and learn something this time around.

~Rosie~