IGF-2/Neovar/RPM stack questions

boogyman

Awards
Hello...newbie to supplements and I have few questions before I start to use this stack

First off, I train first thing in the morning. I wake at 4:30, get to gym around 5:15. What the optimum way to plan my supplements and early meals? My usual, non supplement routine is to wake, eat a light breakfast of a banana, cup of yogurt and juice, then then workout. After workout (usually 45 min to an hour), protein shake and another glass of juice. Then I go to work, and about an hour or 2 later (9ish) eat a regular meal. I space my meals 3 or so hours apart through the day. Then at night I make another protein shake with a few scoops of icecream in it (i'm very lean and looking to bulk up). I am asking about this because a lot of these products want you to take them on an empty stomach, and my early morning routine seems to complicate this.

Another question is about creatine in general. I have read in a few places that milk protein can prevent creatine from being absorbed. I drink a LOT of whole milk. I make my shakes with it and drink it throughout the day, a half gallon or more daily. Would this effect the Neovar?

BTW...5'8 175lbs. Currently have gaining strength as my main goal, and a few lbs as secondary. My training alternates between mostly heavy compound lifts for a few months, then I switch to a lot of running and endurance work for about 2 months when I prepare for "mud runs" I do 2 times a year. I also do sandbag training and other "strongman" type training when preparing for these events.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello...newbie to supplements and I have few questions before I start to use this stack

First off, I train first thing in the morning. I wake at 4:30, get to gym around 5:15. What the optimum way to plan my supplements and early meals? My usual, non supplement routine is to wake, eat a light breakfast of a banana, cup of yogurt and juice, then then workout. After workout (usually 45 min to an hour), protein shake and another glass of juice. Then I go to work, and about an hour or 2 later (9ish) eat a regular meal. I space my meals 3 or so hours apart through the day. Then at night I make another protein shake with a few scoops of icecream in it (i'm very lean and looking to bulk up). I am asking about this because a lot of these products want you to take them on an empty stomach, and my early morning routine seems to complicate this.

Another question is about creatine in general. I have read in a few places that milk protein can prevent creatine from being absorbed. I drink a LOT of whole milk. I make my shakes with it and drink it throughout the day, a half gallon or more daily. Would this effect the Neovar?

BTW...5'8 175lbs. Currently have gaining strength as my main goal, and a few lbs as secondary. My training alternates between mostly heavy compound lifts for a few months, then I switch to a lot of running and endurance work for about 2 months when I prepare for "mud runs" I do 2 times a year. I also do sandbag training and other "strongman" type training when preparing for these events.
Dosing/Timing of Products

IGF-2
Dose 1 - 4 caps first thing @ 0430
Dose 2 - 4 caps pre-bed

NeoVar
Training Days
Dose 1 - 3 caps immediately post-training (and then have a meal with at least 50g of carbohydrates in - if anything less than 50g, use only 1-2
caps)
Dose 2 - 3 caps 15-20 min pre-lunch or pre-dinner
Non-Training Days
Dose 1 - 3 caps 15-20 min pre-breakfast
Dose 1 - 3 caps 15-20 min pre-dinner

RPM
Training Days
Dose - 2-3 caps 60-80 min pre-training; since you do not give yourself this time, take first thing @ 0430 (start with the lower dosage for your bodyweight and work up if needed)
Non-Training Days (Optional)
Dose - 1 cap first thing (or whenever energy is required)

Do not have your "first thing" meal. Instead, wait until after your training session and have it 15-20 minutes after your training, having dosed NeoVar immediately post-training.

Using milk is not going to affect your NeoVar, no.

If you're looking at gaining mass, then I recommend that you suit your NUTRITION to fit this. You seem to have a lot of protein shakes - you're better off having solid food and shouldn't be relying on milk to give you the calories you require for gaining mass and strength.

~Rosie~

boogyman

Awards
Dosing/Timing of Products

IGF-2
Dose 1 - 4 caps first thing @ 0430
Dose 2 - 4 caps pre-bed

NeoVar
Training Days
Dose 1 - 3 caps immediately post-training (and then have a meal with at least 50g of carbohydrates in - if anything less than 50g, use only 1-2
caps)
Dose 2 - 3 caps 15-20 min pre-lunch or pre-dinner
Non-Training Days

RPM
Training Days
Dose - 2-3 caps 60-80 min pre-training; since you do not give yourself this time, take first thing @ 0430 (start with the lower dosage for your bodyweight and work up if needed)
Non-Training Days (Optional)
Dose - 1 cap first thing (or whenever energy is required)

Do not have your "first thing" meal. Instead, wait until after your training session and have it 15-20 minutes after your training, having dosed NeoVar immediately post-training.

Using milk is not going to affect your NeoVar, no.

If you're looking at gaining mass, then I recommend that you suit your NUTRITION to fit this. You seem to have a lot of protein shakes - you're better off having solid food and shouldn't be relying on milk to give you the calories you require for gaining mass and strength.

~Rosie~

I think you have a little misunderstanding of my diet. I only drink 1-2 shakes a day, 2 on workout days, 1 on non workout days. I eat a lot. Chicken, fish, rice, pasta, steaks, veggies. I will eat 12-15 pieces of chicken in a 24 hour period, for example. I drink a lot of milk, because I pretty much only drink milk and water, except for some juice in the morning.

I only drink the protein shakes post workout because I am pressed for time in the morning...gym opens at 5, and i need to be at work by 7. I do eat a large, solid meal an hour or 2 after arriving at work. Training after work is not an option for me. I could cut out the protein shake before bed if you think it would be helpful. I also could wake at 4 on training days, any earlier would interfere with getting proper rest.

Also, as for carbs with neovar...simple or complex? Or does it not matter?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think you have a little misunderstanding of my diet. I only drink 1-2 shakes a day, 2 on workout days, 1 on non workout days. I eat a lot. Chicken, fish, rice, pasta, steaks, veggies. I will eat 12-15 pieces of chicken in a 24 hour period, for example. I drink a lot of milk, because I pretty much only drink milk and water, except for some juice in the morning.

I only drink the protein shakes post workout because I am pressed for time in the morning...gym opens at 5, and i need to be at work by 7. I do eat a large, solid meal an hour or 2 after arriving at work. Training after work is not an option for me. I could cut out the protein shake before bed if you think it would be helpful.
I see - sorry for the misunderstanding. If the gym opens at 0500, then that is plenty of time to get your training done, have a shower, breakfast and head to work - if you shower at the gym and head to work straight afterwards, take your breakfast and have it after showering; if you go home and shower, then you can have it all prepared and eat it quickly after your shower or on the way to work. If seriously pressed for time, have your breakfast not long after arriving at work and go from there.

You don't have to cut out the protein shake before bed, but I do recommend dosing IGF-2 ~45 minutes pre-bed if you are going to have that shake immediately pre-bed.

~Rosie~

boogyman

Awards
Sorry...I edited after you responded. What type of carbs are best with the Neovar, simple or complex? or does it not matter.

Edit: nevermind, re-read the FAQ and got it. Must have missed it the first time.

Thanks for all the help, it is appreciated.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry...I edited after you responded. What type of carbs are best with the Neovar, simple or complex? or does it not matter.

Edit: nevermind, re-read the FAQ and got it. Must have missed it the first time.

Thanks for all the help, it is appreciated.
It does not matter.

~Rosie~

boogyman

Awards
Finally got my IGF-2 and Neovar in the mail today, the retailer I orderd from had some screwups which caused delays. I have been taking RPM for about 10 days now. At first I only noticed an energy rush similiar to drinking coffee or an energy drink, but after taking it for a week its definetly something else entirely. I am noticing more stamina and a pump which lasts most of the day. Started today to see an increase in aggression...I did a 4th rep in a set of five (squats...weight was a new personal record) and almost failed, got really "mad" at the bar and did the 5th almost as easy as the first rep was.

I started getting up at 4 instead of 4:30...if you read my first few posts I asked question about the timing and dosage. I have a new question...is 45 minutes after taking IGF-2 long enough to wait to eat? I am asking because I really have problems training "fasted" and lately with the RPM my routine has been to take it at 4, and 45 minutes later eat a small meal then go train. I want to do the same thing while taking the IGF-2 at 4:00am. The same thing would apply at night, could I take the IGF-2 (on an empty stomach as directed), wait 45 to 60 minutes, and have a casein shake before bed?

boogyman

Awards
Oh, almost forgot...because of all the problems I had with the merchant I ordered from, they gave me a free 110 count bottle of Drive. Should I add it to the stack I am taking for a few weeks, or save it for when this stack is done (2 bottle of IGF-2, RPM and Neovar)?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finally got my IGF-2 and Neovar in the mail today, the retailer I orderd from had some screwups which caused delays. I have been taking RPM for about 10 days now. At first I only noticed an energy rush similiar to drinking coffee or an energy drink, but after taking it for a week its definetly something else entirely. I am noticing more stamina and a pump which lasts most of the day. Started today to see an increase in aggression...I did a 4th rep in a set of five (squats...weight was a new personal record) and almost failed, got really "mad" at the bar and did the 5th almost as easy as the first rep was.

I started getting up at 4 instead of 4:30...if you read my first few posts I asked question about the timing and dosage. I have a new question...is 45 minutes after taking IGF-2 long enough to wait to eat? I am asking because I really have problems training "fasted" and lately with the RPM my routine has been to take it at 4, and 45 minutes later eat a small meal then go train. I want to do the same thing while taking the IGF-2 at 4:00am. The same thing would apply at night, could I take the IGF-2 (on an empty stomach as directed), wait 45 to 60 minutes, and have a casein shake before bed?
Yes, 45 minutes is long enough after dosing IGF-2 before eating - I would eat any closer than that though, and 45-60 minutes minimum before eating.

Oh, almost forgot...because of all the problems I had with the merchant I ordered from, they gave me a free 110 count bottle of Drive. Should I add it to the stack I am taking for a few weeks, or save it for when this stack is done (2 bottle of IGF-2, RPM and Neovar)?
You could add it to the stack if you like, once you've been using IGF-2 and NeoVar for about a week (so you know how they affect you). The "Four Horses" stack is awesome and one of the best natural stacks out there, IMO (I have a few natural stacks I love re progress and results) - you will get the best of EVERYthing with that stack.

Drive Dosing/Timing for you (do this every day, since you train first thing):
Dose 1 - 3 caps first thing
Dose 2 - 3 caps 6-8 hours post-Dose 1

~Rosie~

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
damn beast mode in here. Moving along :D

owen fox

Awards
Hello all. Im on my third day of igf-2 and ordered neovar and rpm last night after reading nothing but positive things about both. I start summer school next week and was hoping for some insight as to the best way to dose these three things given my schedule. Every morning i will be waking up at six a.m. class starts at 8 and lasts till 915. I planned on working out immediately after class but am free the entire day after class. I am taking optimum nutrition pro complex gainer and try to drink three a day(morning between meals, post workout, before bed) The workout im currently doing is a four day split which works well but i was wondering with my muscles recovering more quickly if there was a different workout they may benefit me more. Im looking to put on mass.
Thanks in advance. This site has helped me make informed decisions and reading real peoples expieriences is a breath of fresh air compared to the hyped up reviews ive been coming across.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Thats great news to here, please keep us up to date with your progress

boogyman

Awards
Thought now might be a good time to add a few notes.

First some info on my training. Just finished a few months of mostly endurance work. Moving on to a strength routine that I will use for the summer. Doing 5x5 routine, a lot of squats. the weight is moving up rather quickly, as I started conservativly. I waited until I got to a point the weights were starting to be a challenge to add these supplements, and I am hoping to shatter my previous PR's from my last strength building cycle. Also want to move up in weight, I gained about 12 lbs in the past 6 weeks, but now the weight is coming on more slowly (as to be expected). I am at about 180 lbs, looking to hit 200ish, then cut back to a lean 185ish. Actual weight and bodyfat is not a huge concern, I mostly train for performance and not looks.. (but looking really good is not a bad thing lol).

RPM: You have a big fan here. Being a person who works out first thing, that energy boost is really helping. I pretty much have given up coffee. It even lasts long enough that its helping with the first few hours at work, which is hectic and busy for me.
IGF-2: Ive been taking it for 7 days now. Starting to notice the effects slightly. Strength seems to be increasing, I am hitting a point with my weights in my routine where I should be starting to fail and I am still moving up in lbs. I think it will take another week or 2 to give a real review.
Neovar: Again, same with IGF-2, I think I need another week to give any real thoughts.

Overall...things seem to be working the way I had hoped they would, I will check back in a week from now to give some more reports on my progress and thoughts on this stack.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello all. Im on my third day of igf-2 and ordered neovar and rpm last night after reading nothing but positive things about both. I start summer school next week and was hoping for some insight as to the best way to dose these three things given my schedule. Every morning i will be waking up at six a.m. class starts at 8 and lasts till 915. I planned on working out immediately after class but am free the entire day after class. I am taking optimum nutrition pro complex gainer and try to drink three a day(morning between meals, post workout, before bed) The workout im currently doing is a four day split which works well but i was wondering with my muscles recovering more quickly if there was a different workout they may benefit me more. Im looking to put on mass.
Thanks in advance. This site has helped me make informed decisions and reading real peoples expieriences is a breath of fresh air compared to the hyped up reviews ive been coming across.
The dosing/timing instructions are on each product label.

NeoVar
Training Days
Dose 2 - 3 caps immediately post-training (and then have a meal with at least 50g of carbohydrates in - if anything less than 50g, use only 1-2
caps)
Non-Training Days

RPM
Training Days
Dose - 2-4 60-80 min pre-training (start with the lower dosage for your bodyweight and work up if needed)
Non-Training Days
Dose - 1-2 caps first thing

If you want gains, then you need to eat enough for them, and no supplement is going to help you gain muscle if you're not eating for it, period! NUTRITION and TRAINING are the two factors that you need to focus on. FOOD, FOOD, and MORE FOOD is going to be IMPORTANT - if you want muscle gains, you needs to EAT for it!

Next to nutrition for mass is training. You have to be training correctly for mass - check out the article How To Maximize Mass Through Weights And Adaptation for an idea of how to train correctly for mass. And although The Essential 8 is in the fat loss section, the same exercises that are best for fat loss are also the best for gaining muscle! You also need to get adequate recovery, since it's in your RECOVERY that you GROW (if you are eating enough). A 4-day split is fine if it is appropriate for mass gains.

I recommend having a training programme (AND nutrition plan - can't forget your nutrition, since that's what is going to make or break your success with gaining muscle mass!) written specifically for YOU for your goals and needs. If you can't afford a professional trainer, then take some time out to research and look around, because there is a TON of information on training for mass!

~Rosie~

boogyman

Awards
Set New PR's on 3 rep squat and bench friday. Going to try and hit them for 5 reps on monday. Overall things going well, my strength seems to be coming along pretty fast. I seem to have a lot of extra energy all day long, even outside the gym.

Diet has been good...I had maybe 2 "bad" days due to unexpected things coming up as far as eating, but overall been sticking to my diet. I do notice that I get really hungry 1-2 hours after the meal I eat with the Neovar. Overall my appetite has been increasing. My weight gain has slowed, but thats to be expected. Its still slowly climbing. Muscles feel more full, pumps have been good. The one thing that holds me back a little is sleep, I don't get regular 7-8 hours sleep like I should, but there is not much I can do about it. I try and get a few extra hours here and there when I can.

My focus when lifting has been the best its ever been. I think thats the most noticably effect of the stack have been taking. Tomorrow starts the 3rd week of IGF-2 and Neovar. I would think I should start to see more effects and will post again middle of the week.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Set New PR's on 3 rep squat and bench friday. Going to try and hit them for 5 reps on monday. Overall things going well, my strength seems to be coming along pretty fast. I seem to have a lot of extra energy all day long, even outside the gym.

Diet has been good...I had maybe 2 "bad" days due to unexpected things coming up as far as eating, but overall been sticking to my diet. I do notice that I get really hungry 1-2 hours after the meal I eat with the Neovar. Overall my appetite has been increasing. My weight gain has slowed, but thats to be expected. Its still slowly climbing. Muscles feel more full, pumps have been good. The one thing that holds me back a little is sleep, I don't get regular 7-8 hours sleep like I should, but there is not much I can do about it. I try and get a few extra hours here and there when I can.

My focus when lifting has been the best its ever been. I think thats the most noticably effect of the stack have been taking. Tomorrow starts the 3rd week of IGF-2 and Neovar. I would think I should start to see more effects and will post again middle of the week.
Awesome on your PRs :thumbsup:

Re nutrition, it doesn't matter if you have 1-2 "bad" days - so long as you are consistent overall. Increase in appetite is a good thing for these products, and if you get hungry after a meal post-NeoVar, perhaps have a small snack, or eat more in that meal - indicates that the NeoVar is doing its job :)

Keep killing it!

~Rosie~

boogyman

Awards
Awesome on your PRs :thumbsup:

Re nutrition, it doesn't matter if you have 1-2 "bad" days - so long as you are consistent overall. Increase in appetite is a good thing for these products, and if you get hungry after a meal post-NeoVar, perhaps have a small snack, or eat more in that meal - indicates that the NeoVar is doing its job :)

Keep killing it!

~Rosie~

Yeah in the real world, a bad day here and there is expected I guess. I work 12 hours a day and have a 4 year old boy and 9 month old girl.

My diet is configured like this...3-4 large meals and 3-4 "snacks". I try and eat every 2-3 hours. My schedule I have settled on after tweaking for the past 2 weeks.

0400 Dose IFG-2, RPM
0445 protein shake with 5 grams BCAA's and Glutamine (I have a hard time training fasted)
0500 to 0600 Train, dose Neovar immediately after training
0600 Meal 1, 4 Eggs, potatoes or whole wheat english muffin, and about 12 ounces grape juice. Also take my multi vitamin and omega 3-6-9 supps
0830 Cliff builder bar
1100 Dose Neovar and meal...2 tuna or turkey sandwiches on wheat bread, with a large gatorade for carbs.
1330 Protein shake with 5 grams BCAA'a and Glutamine
1530 Meal 3...usually chicken and a carb...potatoes, rice or pasta...
1900 Meal 4 same sort of meal as # 2, and more omega 3-6-9 supps
2100 Small meal or snack...wait 90 minutes or so and dose IGF-2, then go to sleep.

Should the effects of IGF-2 and Neovar start to be more noticed in the 3rd week?

Last edited:

owen fox

Awards
i finally have my igf-2, neovar and rpm and tomorrow is my first non training day. looking at the dosing that was suggested on here for me i will be taking the igf-2 first thing on empty stomach, the rpm first thing and the neovar 15-20 min pre breakfast. thats everything before breakfast then. is this correct? just double checking.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i finally have my igf-2, neovar and rpm and tomorrow is my first non training day. looking at the dosing that was suggested on here for me i will be taking the igf-2 first thing on empty stomach, the rpm first thing and the neovar 15-20 min pre breakfast. thats everything before breakfast then. is this correct? just double checking.
Dosing is in post #15 re Neovar and RPM - for your bodyweight, follow what I recommended there (also on the product labels).

Re IGF-2 do:
Training Days
Dose 1 - 3 caps first thing
Dose 2 - 3 caps ~40 min pre-training
Dose 3 - 2 caps pre-bed
Non-Training Days (follow this dosing protocol if you train first thing or around it)
Dose 1- 4 caps first thing
Dose 2 - 4 caps pre-bed

As a sidenote, there is really no need to ask dosing/timing questions when the directions are on the product labels.

~Rosie~

owen fox

Awards
i simply asked because according to the labels im taking a ton of stuff before breakfast. i read it before i asked.

jdrannin1

Awards
i simply asked because according to the labels im taking a ton of stuff before breakfast. i read it before i asked.
That's perfectly ok man. It's ok to take all those together before breakfast :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see. Well there's nothing wrong with taking a lot of things before breakfast - most supplements you use are going to be recommended to be dosed first thing if requiring multiple doses throughout the day.

~Rosie~

owen fox

Awards
where is the appropriate place to comment on how well the igf-2, neovar, rpm stack is working? this is a questions forum and i dont want to post inappropriate stuff.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
where is the appropriate place to comment on how well the igf-2, neovar, rpm stack is working? this is a questions forum and i dont want to post inappropriate stuff.
Create a new thread either here or in the Supplement Logs / Reviews subforum.

~Rosie~