Prostate protection and The One... how?

mark118

mark118

Awards
  • Established
Since saw palmetto is contraindicated when running The One, how do you guys suggest protecting the prostate on cycle?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nettle root, pumpkin seed oil, etc there are a number of non saw palmetto based prostate protection supplements.

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for that. Looking to finally use my bottle of The One in the next month or so...definitely staying away from saw palmetto after reading up on its contraindication. Would stacking nettle root with pumpkin seed oil be overkill?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Saw palmetto is believed to render all DHT compounds useless, it is theorized that it prevents the binding of the DHT to the androgen receptors and possibly also inhibits the actions of the 5a reductase enzyme (which really wouldnt matter much since most of the DHTs on the market are already 5a-reduced).

This is really all theory though...

As for the nettle root and pumpkin seed.. they should be fine to stack together IMO.

Beta sisterol is helpful as well (although I am not sure if that too might also block DHT)

Now that I think of it I believe pumpkin seed might inhibit DHT formation but it is believed to become rancid (oxidized) very quickly once it is extracted from the seed so I would avoid it. Nettle root will probably inhibit DHT from binding in the prostate and shouldnt be a problem.

For the record I think saw palmetto is fine to take, as I pointed out above it is theorized to prevent DHT in two ways. First being the 5a reductase enzyme which doesnt matter since The One is already 5a reduced and the second theory is the prevention of the DHT binding to androgen receptors but the belief is that it only prevents the binding to the receptors in the prostate which if this is the case it shouldnt be a problem. The problem would occur if it blocks other recpetors and not just the ones in the prostate but again this is all just theory really. I don't think studies have been done to determine if it does or not but I personally feel it is ok to take but if you want to err on the side of caution stick with the nettle root.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Man you still have a bottle of The One?

lucky you lol

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Lucky me 2 :D

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
Pretty good, how about you? I'm jealous over you still having some left, I knew I should have stocked up.
If I'd known it was gonna be outlawed so quickly, I would have bought more than just the one bottle. But I saved it. Wow...can't wait.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for that. Looking to finally use my bottle of The One in the next month or so...definitely staying away from saw palmetto after reading up on its contraindication. Would stacking nettle root with pumpkin seed oil be overkill?
Nettle with pumpkin seed would be fine.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Or save the ancillaries for pct. That's what I did cycle was very smooth. It's a shame it's no longer made.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's still out there, just not the AN brand.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
BioMend. Hands down. It never leaves my "stack." Theres so many reasons why you should have it going on cycle and just for general health.

Not only are you looking at potent antioidants that prevent malignant cell growths but its gonna boost your immune system and really help keep any negative cardiovascular sides that come around on cycle like high BP or possible arteriosclerosis

bigbumpkin

Awards
  • Established
I ran the sp with the one and was fine didn't render it useless

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
correlation does not equal causation

Tocotrienols have too many benefits to NOT supplement with them. However I am concerned over the recent trend in demonizing vitamins. I think this is the third article I have seen this week on the issue. With the talks of a government takeover with the dietary supplement industry, I become skeptical and wonder who is pushing this "vitamins are bad" agenda?

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
The more I read and learn and research the more I believe the FDA is lying through their teeth. I think what i had in mind when posting that was how, most of the time, people who take these vitamin supplements are the ones who dont need them. I dont take a multi because I believe I get it all through my diet in a more bioavailable form. Unless, of course, i find im lacking in something. it IS possible to have vitamins, the water soluble ones, to be toxic to the body but the amount is truly excessive.

Im not gonna go into my beef with politics and diet... ill just start a thread bashing the FDA, USDA, etc.