Huperzine A - AnabolicMinds.com

Huperzine A

1. New Member

Huperzine A

I'm wanting to start a cycle of HGHup, and as with all supplements i take I research the ingredients.

The only ingriedent in HGHup i am unfimiliar with is Huperzine A.

I've done some research and ts my understanding that Huperzine A boosts acetylcholine levels by inhibiting acetylcholinesterase.

Recommened cycle for HGHup is 8 weeks, is it safe to supplement with Huperzine A for this period? could this cause over-suppression of acetylcholinesterase or is the doseage of Huperzine A in HGHup to small to cause suppression?

"While it is safe to boost acetylcholine levels by inhibiting acetylcholinesterase periodically, chronic use of Huperzine A could cause over-suppression of acetylcholinesterase and subsequent acetylcholine overload with unknown consequences. Remember, you can take huge amounts of acetylcholine precursors such as choline without fear of acetylcholine overload because you have acetylcholinesterase to degrade excess acetylcholine. If you block the body's natural regulator of acetylcholine (that regulator being acetylcholinesterease), you may have a problem. We do not recommend that people take Huperzine A more than twice a week, much less promote it for daily use like other companies do. '

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Huperzine A is a phytonutrient that helps maintain proper memory function. It does this by slowing the breakdown of acetylcholine, a process that accelerates with aging. Acetylcholine plays a vital role in the cognitive function of the mind by enabling the delivery of messages from neuron to neuron in your brain. When there is too much Acetylcholine, it accumulates in the body. You may either have too much acetylcholine or too little. The more common problem is a deficiency, and diminished brain processing speed, but there are symptoms for each.

Too much can produce feelings of paranoia, and you can feel as though you are being taken advantage of.

Too little, and you can develop Alzheimer's symptoms. I will do some research for you, unless somebody else can answer this. I take HGHup 5 on, 2 off. i know the bottles doesnt say that, but thats how ive always dosed HGHup
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  272 lbs.

Huperzine A probably would boost workout levels of GH by the same mechanism melatonin dose, as well
    Paging Dr. Banner. . .
    •   

4. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

I too take 5 on and 2 off, I need to dig through some old emails I think Dirk answered this same question for me many moons back
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

lemme know if you cant find the email.

6. New Member

cheers for the response guys. Would be great if you can find that email.

any reason why u guys are dosing HGHup 5 on 2 off?
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by eddiejerom View Post
    cheers for the response guys. Would be great if you can find that email.

any reason why u guys are dosing HGHup 5 on 2 off?
    The 5-on 2-off is to offer a more economical option to users- that way you can get the bottle to last a little bit longer..

From all the published studies on Hup-A I have looked at, I can't find much evidence that it can't be taken on a daily basis, as long as the dosage is kept reasonable. Understandable about the potential build-up of acetylcholine- taking too much Huperzine-A can definitely ruin your day. However, Hup-A has an alpha half-life (t) of 21 minutes and a beta of 716 min., so it has the tendency to not accumulate in tissues for any substantial length of time when the dosage is kept reasonable....

Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2007 Oct-Dec;32(4):183-7.

Pharmacokinetics of huperzine A following oral administration to human volunteers.
    Li YX, Zhang RQ, Li CR, Jiang XH.

West China School of Pharmacy, Sichuan University, Sichuan, Peoples' Republic of China.

Abstract
    The objective of the present study was to investigate the in vivo pharmacokinetics of huperzine A in healthy human volunteers. Twelve subjects (M 6, F 6; age ranged from 20-25 years) participated in the study. Huperzine A was administered in tablet form at a single dose of 0.4 mg. Following oral administration, the presence of huperzine A started to appear in the plasma at 5-10 min, and reached the peak concentrations with a Cmax of 2.59 +/- 0.37 ng/ml at 58.33 +/- 3.89 min (time to reach peak level, Tmax. The area under plasma vs time curve (AUC(0-t)) and the area under plasma from zero to infinity (AUC(0-infinity) for huperzine A were found to be 1986.96 +/- 164.57 microg/l.min and 2450.34 +/- 233.32 microg/l.min, respectively. The results of this study indicated that the pharmacokinetics of huperzine A conformed to a two-compartmental open model. The mean values of alpha and the beta half-life were 21.13 +/- 7.28 min and 716.25 +/- 130.18 min respectively, and showed a biphasic profile with rapid distribution followed by a slower elimination rate

I can link you to over 100 human studies with the compound- from what I have seen it is just like anything else- you take too much of anything, it can be bad news...

For the studies, go to Pubmed and search "Huperzine-A human studies"- it will give you a lot of additional information
  8. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

Thanks Dirk!
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

thank ya thank ya!

10. New Member

very much appreciated!

cheers guys.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Serious Nutrition Solutions Huperzine A 99%
    By warbird01 in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 11:20 PM