LIT UP

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post
    Im curious as to the reasoning behind adding SAM-e to the lean tissue generating matrix?

    Sam-e is not something I would normally see in most ergogenic aids....actually this is the first time I actually notice it in one. So Im quite curious....can anyone shed a little light?
    here you go bud, a response from the man himself! This will be in the tech write-up and will be talked about even more indepth shortly.



    The SAM-e / methylation pathway is responsible for a variety of different biochemical reactions in the body. The pathway is also responsible for the formation of dopamine and norepinepherine plus the formation of HS, all of which allow for greater NMDA receptor activity, greater NO activity and ultimately greater initiation of steroidogenesis.
    SAM-e is a combination of ATP and methionine, and has some pronounced effects in several different areas relevant to increased product effectiveness:
    SAM-e also exerts strong effects on increasing Hydrogen Sulfide (HS) Production, which increases NMDA receptor activity and has been shown to be synergistic with Nitric Oxide (NO) in terms of vasodilation. A great deal of the most recent research on erectile dysfunction drugs is focusing on this pathway.
    The compound has strong mood-enhancing effects via increasing serotonin and dopamine in the brain
    SAM-e has been shown to have some very positive effects on joint health and regeneration
    Trimethylglycine (also known as Betaine), ATP, and SAM-e directly function within the SAM-e pathway, albeit in different segments and capacities; each of which add to product effectiveness. TMG has been shown have positive effects on muscular strength, as well as having the ability to form sarcosine (an NMDA receptor co-agonist) and act as a methyl donor to fuel SAM-e formation. TMG acts in the following fashion as a methyl donor and in the SAM-e pathway (50-54,64-68,118):
    TMG donates a methyl group during the formation of SAM-e, and becomes DMG (N-N-dimethylglycine).
    The donated methyl group can then form SAM-e, or be used for the production of neurotransmitters, the production of DNA, or the metabolism of fats
    The remaining DMG is then converted readily by the liver to the NR-1 agonist N-Methyl Glycine via glycine N-methyltransferase
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0


  2. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    here you go bud, a response from the man himself! This will be in the tech write-up and will be talked about even more indepth shortly.



    The SAM-e / methylation pathway is responsible for a variety of different biochemical reactions in the body. The pathway is also responsible for the formation of dopamine and norepinepherine plus the formation of HS, all of which allow for greater NMDA receptor activity, greater NO activity and ultimately greater initiation of steroidogenesis.
    SAM-e is a combination of ATP and methionine, and has some pronounced effects in several different areas relevant to increased product effectiveness:
    SAM-e also exerts strong effects on increasing Hydrogen Sulfide (HS) Production, which increases NMDA receptor activity and has been shown to be synergistic with Nitric Oxide (NO) in terms of vasodilation. A great deal of the most recent research on erectile dysfunction drugs is focusing on this pathway.
    The compound has strong mood-enhancing effects via increasing serotonin and dopamine in the brain
    SAM-e has been shown to have some very positive effects on joint health and regeneration
    Trimethylglycine (also known as Betaine), ATP, and SAM-e directly function within the SAM-e pathway, albeit in different segments and capacities; each of which add to product effectiveness. TMG has been shown have positive effects on muscular strength, as well as having the ability to form sarcosine (an NMDA receptor co-agonist) and act as a methyl donor to fuel SAM-e formation. TMG acts in the following fashion as a methyl donor and in the SAM-e pathway (50-54,64-68,118):
    TMG donates a methyl group during the formation of SAM-e, and becomes DMG (N-N-dimethylglycine).
    The donated methyl group can then form SAM-e, or be used for the production of neurotransmitters, the production of DNA, or the metabolism of fats
    The remaining DMG is then converted readily by the liver to the NR-1 agonist N-Methyl Glycine via glycine N-methyltransferase

    That is an excellent explanation! Definitely has shed new light to why SAM-e is included. Previously i knew that SAM-e was used in the treatment of depression, osteo-athritis, liver problems....etc etc but never thought of it in the mechanism explained above.

    Exciting stuff.
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as medical advice. Consult your doctor before starting new diets, supplements, training protocols, and/or if you have any concerns about your health.
    •   
       


  3. is this something that should be taken daily even if you don't work out? I am curious since the 3 grams of DAA have to build up in your body in order to increase testosterone. I am reading the ingredients right? If I take the max dose at 3 scoops a day that would put me at over 9 grams of DAA right?

  4. can't wait

  5. Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    Thanks samboz!

    Looks great! Can I ask how much caffiene there is? That's my only concern since I work out in the pm. Other than that this looks great, I really like the addition of PS, P5P, and DAA.
    The amount of caffeine is equivalent to 1 cup of coffee (8 ozs).

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Did 1 scoop do the trick for you or was 2 or more required?
    Depends. The sweet spot seems to be 1.5-2 scoops. I feel that going over 2 is not worth it.

    Quote Originally Posted by fanzdslpwr View Post
    is this something that should be taken daily even if you don't work out? I am curious since the 3 grams of DAA have to build up in your body in order to increase testosterone. I am reading the ingredients right? If I take the max dose at 3 scoops a day that would put me at over 9 grams of DAA right?
    I would stick to a maximum of 2 scoops and only take on workout days.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    LIT UP is NOT a Testosterone booster; it is a PREWORKOUT product. End of discussion.


    Perhaps, but he has every right in his view/statement/discussion as one of the claims in the write up says "Dramatically Increases Testosterone to Foster an Environment Favorable for Substantial, Long-term Increases in Lean Body Mass & Fat Reduction.", assumingly from the DAA. So has DAA been shown to do this in women, as he was discussing or not?

  7. Looks like another great product.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post


    Perhaps, but he has every right in his view/statement/discussion as one of the claims in the write up says "Dramatically Increases Testosterone to Foster an Environment Favorable for Substantial, Long-term Increases in Lean Body Mass & Fat Reduction.", assumingly from the DAA. So has DAA been shown to do this in women, as he was discussing or not?
    DAA is one of those ingredients that are completely useless for females, since they do not have testes - which is where it helps increases Testosterone in males.

    ~Rosie~

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    DAA is one of those ingredients that are completely useless for females, since they do not have testes - which is where it helps increases Testosterone in males.

    ~Rosie~
    Oh, I already knew that(even the testes part), I was just pointing out that this was his point in the discussion, not arguing whether LitUp is a PreWO or test booster before you jumped his $hit and shut him down.

  10. so one scoop on non workout day would be a bad idea...just to keep daa levels up etc?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by gidemon View Post
    so one scoop on non workout day would be a bad idea...just to keep daa levels up etc?
    That's really up to you. Some people are doing this and some are not.

    I am personally not taking it on my days off from lifting which is Sat & Sun.

  12. sounds good..i will probly do the same ..i take weekends off as well

  13. I would think you'd be better off not "wasting" the Lit Up, and pick up some bulk DAA to use off days.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I would think you'd be better off not "wasting" the Lit Up, and pick up some bulk DAA to use off days.
    This x2

  15. true ..thats a good idea..also dont want to get to imune to lit ups effects..we will see.
  •   

      
     

Log in
Log in