Black Cat mg Content

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Roughly how many mg's natural caffeine and geranium does this contain? Trying to decide how much I should take as I have a pretty high tolerance to both stims, but in a blend w/ 1000mg and 3 or 4 other ingredients it makes it tough to know what's TOO much.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Roughly how many mg's natural caffeine and geranium does this contain? Trying to decide how much I should take as I have a pretty high tolerance to both stims, but in a blend w/ 1000mg and 3 or 4 other ingredients it makes it tough to know what's TOO much.
BLACK CATS is a PROPRIETARY blend, so we will not be giving out amounts of ingredients.

~Team APPNUT

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I would suggest starting at two caps and see how that treats you.

elivvt

Awards
Is the amount of caffeine less than 150mg per cap?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

z0mbiez

Awards
If you're going to give a snotty answer in bold, you should probably make sure the spelling is correct. It's proprietary by the way, I'll save you the Google.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
If you're going to give a snotty answer in bold, you should probably make sure the spelling is correct. It's proprietary by the way, I'll save you the Google.
lame first post. get bent

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
I received a nice surprise in the mail today. I didn't ask for it (at least I don't remember asking), but someone from AN sent me a "care package" with samples of Drive, RPM, and Black Cats. Now, I'm usually not fond of "samples" because how can you accurately gauge their effectiveness with just 1 or 2 doses? Anyway, out of curiosity, I took 2 of the Black Cats caps before going to my second workout (I'm currently doing two-a-days). 20 minutes passed and I was like, "This s h i t doesn't work!" Five minutes later, the biggest rush of energy I have ever had from a supplement hit me, HARD. I mean this must be what "greenies" felt like in the '70s and '80s! And the good thing was, it wasn't the rush I've gotten from other supps where I wanted to kill someone. It was just a I-can't-wait-to-get-to-the-gym kind of mentality. And it was sustained throughout my entire workout! I'll probably have to buy a bottle to see if it carries on or wears off after a few days (like other energy supps in the past), but the first impression is DEFINITELY good. Thank you Rosie, or whoever sent it to me. Thumbs up so far.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I received a nice surprise in the mail today. I didn't ask for it (at least I don't remember asking), but someone from AN sent me a "care package" with samples of Drive, RPM, and Black Cats. Now, I'm usually not fond of "samples" because how can you accurately gauge their effectiveness with just 1 or 2 doses? Anyway, out of curiosity, I took 2 of the Black Cats caps before going to my second workout (I'm currently doing two-a-days). 20 minutes passed and I was like, "This s h i t doesn't work!" Five minutes later, the biggest rush of energy I have ever had from a supplement hit me, HARD. I mean this must be what "greenies" felt like in the '70s and '80s! And the good thing was, it wasn't the rush I've gotten from other supps where I wanted to kill someone. It was just a I-can't-wait-to-get-to-the-gym kind of mentality. And it was sustained throughout my entire workout! I'll probably have to buy a bottle to see if it carries on or wears off after a few days (like other energy supps in the past), but the first impression is DEFINITELY good. Thank you Rosie, or whoever sent it to me. Thumbs up so far.
Hey, surprises are always good :)

BLACK CATS and RPM are two products that you can definitely notice effects from the first dose! And yeah, BLACK CATS rocks! Effects just get better, and don't really wear out re energy - although I noticed that after a bottle my appetite was no longer suppressed. But, using BLACK CATS for energy is awesome!

~Team APPNUT

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BLACK CATS is a PROPRIETARY blend, so we will not be giving out amounts of ingredients.

~Team APPNUT
^^^ In response, Don's reply:
Here's the problem: In this highly competitive category, disclosure of even a portion of our formula makes us more vulnerable to knockoffs, etc. While I respect the validity of your request and mean no disrespect, it is not dissimliar to asking Coca Cola for how much sugar is in their secret formula because you're a diabetic.

Directionally speaking, Black Cats are very strong and have an acute, long-lasting effect. Not knowing the nature of your "stim sensitivity" (does that mean you get heart palipatations, get panic attacks or just get uncomfortable jitters) it's tough to recommend it or not; but based on your concern, I always say err on the side of caution - they might not be for you.

The closest I can come to answering your question is this: Based on the average caffeine content shown on 3 different web sites for an 8 oz cup of regular coffee, one capsule has approximately the same amount of caffeine as 1.5 cups. That should give you a range to work with at least. Sorry I can't be more specific - I hope you understand.

One last thing - Black Cats also contains two absorption aids: Bioperine and Naringin. These both reduce the stimulant "spike" and slow the metabolization / utilization of the stimulants so on a mg per mg basis, Black Cats are much smoother and less "stimmy" than other products that just contain raw caffeine. So even with the caffeine info you're still not necessarily comparing apples to apples.

As long as you don't have a serious health issue, you may want to give them a try. Obviously start with just one capsule. Free samples can be requested off our web site.

I hope you found this helpful -

Don

PS. We do have people break open capsules all the time. And yes, it will kick in faster if you do it that way, not to mention a less-than-desireable taste. I don't recommend it as it won't give you an accurate assessment as to how a full capsule will feel. FYI they do not kick as hard if taken with food.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Solid reply; understood. There are a lot of geranium products going around nowadays so it wouldn't be surprising to get some more mimic products on the market. Naringin was one of the chief reasons I'd buy this over Nutra's geranium caps, as I'm sure both Naringin and Bioperine bolster the effectiveness (especially of the caffeine, as many clinical trials have dictated.) I might give this product a shot. Still not sure if it can stack up against RPM/regular geranium cap combo (as thats ALMOST like Black Cats with the overlap of naringin, natural caffeine, etc... love the smidgeon of chocamine in there, too) but maybe one day I'll break.

elivvt

Awards
Thank you Rosie that definitely helped me figure out what I needed to know!

Hardnutcheck

Awards
How effective is BC as a fatburner? Stacked with a Non-stim fatburner?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How effective is BC as a fatburner? Stacked with a Non-stim fatburner?
BLACK CATS is an ENERGY product. However, due to the nature of the ingredients in it, it can quite easily be used as part of an effective fat loss stack. It stacks well with non-stim fat burners. (Just remember that although supplements can help the process of fat loss, success is not dependent on the supplements you use, but your nutrition and training).

~Team APPNUT

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
we're not trying to hide anything are we???
We do not try and hide anything. Applied Nutriceuticals is an honest and stand-up company. However, as Don mentioned, "In this highly competitive category, disclosure of even a portion of our formula makes us more vulnerable to knockoffs, etc." I'm sure you have the common sense to understand where we as a company are coming from . . . And if you read the information and FAQ on our website in regards to BLACK CATS and caffeine content, etc., we give you an ballpark area to work from, where you can draw your own conclusions based on knowledge easily gained elsewhere.

~Team APPNUT

muscl3s

muscl3s

Banned
Awards
  • Established

i was one of the 1st to buy it before the name change... loved it then... love it now...