HGHup and NeoVar

Althalus

Awards
Hey, just picked up some HGHup and NeoVar, Nutraplanet is offering a great deal for those interested (only ~$47 after tax). But my problem is, they have sort of conflicting dosing times. HGHup works worse with carbs, but NeoVar needs them. So my question is, how should I effectively stack these two products? My basic understanding is that HGHup is to be taken on an empty stomach (2 hours after eating) but you are not supposed to eat for another 1+1/2 to 2 hours afterwards? Meanwhile, NeoVar is to be taken 15-20 minutes before a meal with plenty of carbs. If these aren't correct, let me know. Otherwise, my schedule looks like this (meals aren't the same every day, but should give an idea of what my typical intake is like):

9am - Breakfast/Meal 1. 4 egg whites, 2 whole eggs. Oatmeal with 1/3 cup of craisins. One tablespoon of peanut butter. Sport multi-vitamin and fish oil taken after meal.
11am - HGHup dose 1, 3 capsules.
12:40pm - NeoVar dose 1, 3 capsules.
1pm - Meal 2. Two cans of solid white albacore tuna. Two slices of whole wheat/whole grain bread. A banana. One tablespoon of peanut butter.
2pm - Workout.
~3pm - Post workout protein shake consisting of 24g whey protein, one cup of whole milk, and 40g carbs in the form of oats.
3:15pm - Post workout meal/meal 3. 5 whole eggs, a bowl of Total cereal in one cup of whole milk. One tablespoon olive oil. Sport multi-vitamin taken after meal.
5:40pm - NeoVar dose 2, 3 capsules.
6pm - Meal 4. Lean steak (when I have steak it's usually filet mignon). Mashed potatoes with a tablespoon of olive oil mixed in. Mixed greens (broccoli, spinach, asparagus etc).
8pm - HGHup dose 2, 3 capsules.
10pm - Meal 5. 2 chicken breasts. Salad with walnuts and a small amount of vinaigrette dressing.
12pm - Meal 6. 2 scoops of whey protein, 48g plus one and a half cups of whole milk.

My questions mainly pertain to the HGHup doses. Should the first one be earlier? Should the second one come after my last meal of the day and replace the milk with water (to reduce carbs as much as possible)? Another alternative option I was thinking was taking the first dose two hours after my second meal, then working out one hour later (and since the workout takes around 1 hour, that should fulfill the 2 hour guideline). The only problem I foresee there is that then I'd be working out on a pretty empty tank.

In another post, I saw someone advising against taking whey protein with HGHup. What's the specific reasoning behind this, and what should I take in place? I would think sacrificing a post-workout protein shake would be bad, so I'd like to get any alternative for it that I can. Then again, maybe that was specifically advising against taking it at the same time as the HGHup. I'll try to find the post.

So, mainly the most exciting thing about this product is it provides near hormonal results without needing a PCT. This is correct, yes? I don't see anything in the ingredients that would make one think it requires a PCT at all, but better safe than sorry.

Ok, one last question and that's it I swear. I was planning on seeing how this goes, and depending on that, stacking HGHup with a testosterone booster like Sustain Alpha. Would this be recommended or should I just stick with one or the other?

Thanks for taking the time to read my wall o' text.

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
I'm taking HGHUp right now so I can help a bit. Whey protein shouldn't be taken with HGHUp because it's insulinogenic. Animal protein, though, is fine to have with HGHUp. If you don't want to take it on an empty stomach just make sure it's an all protein meal with no carbs, like some tuna.

For dosing, your second dose of it should be right before bed. From a lot of the research I've done and asking a few people, it seems like you get virtually the same results with the product when taking your full dose before bed, so you may want to switch to that to avoid all the conflicts with meals.

As far as stacking it with a testosterone booster, I'm stacking it with TestoPro right now as well as a few other things (been on for three days now) and I already saw some strength gains in the gym yesterday, which was surprising as I was a bit under the weather. HGHUp plus a good testosterone booster is bound to be a great combo.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey, just picked up some HGHup and NeoVar, Nutraplanet is offering a great deal for those interested (only ~$47 after tax). But my problem is, they have sort of conflicting dosing times. HGHup works worse with carbs, but NeoVar needs them. So my question is, how should I effectively stack these two products? My basic understanding is that HGHup is to be taken on an empty stomach (2 hours after eating) but you are not supposed to eat for another 1+1/2 to 2 hours afterwards? Meanwhile, NeoVar is to be taken 15-20 minutes before a meal with plenty of carbs. If these aren't correct, let me know. Otherwise, my schedule looks like this (meals aren't the same every day, but should give an idea of what my typical intake is like):

9am - Breakfast/Meal 1. 4 egg whites, 2 whole eggs. Oatmeal with 1/3 cup of craisins. One tablespoon of peanut butter. Sport multi-vitamin and fish oil taken after meal.
11am - HGHup dose 1, 3 capsules.
12:40pm - NeoVar dose 1, 3 capsules.
1pm - Meal 2. Two cans of solid white albacore tuna. Two slices of whole wheat/whole grain bread. A banana. One tablespoon of peanut butter.
2pm - Workout.
~3pm - Post workout protein shake consisting of 24g whey protein, one cup of whole milk, and 40g carbs in the form of oats.
3:15pm - Post workout meal/meal 3. 5 whole eggs, a bowl of Total cereal in one cup of whole milk. One tablespoon olive oil. Sport multi-vitamin taken after meal.
5:40pm - NeoVar dose 2, 3 capsules.
6pm - Meal 4. Lean steak (when I have steak it's usually filet mignon). Mashed potatoes with a tablespoon of olive oil mixed in. Mixed greens (broccoli, spinach, asparagus etc).
8pm - HGHup dose 2, 3 capsules.
10pm - Meal 5. 2 chicken breasts. Salad with walnuts and a small amount of vinaigrette dressing.
12pm - Meal 6. 2 scoops of whey protein, 48g plus one and a half cups of whole milk.
You're better dosing your NeoVar:
Dose 1 - 15 minutes before you have your breakfast
Dose 2 - Immediately post-training and then having your post-training meal ~15 minutes later

You'd be better off doing the following re having HGHup♂ dosing:
Dose 1 - Have your Meal 2* at 11am and dose 1 of HGHup♂ at 1pm
Dose 2 - Have your Meal 5 at 8pm, Meal 6 at 10pm, and then have your second dose of HGHup♂ at 12am pre-bed

* Not sure why you would have a heavy meal an hour before you trained.

Taking the above into account, your meal and supplement dosing/timing adjusted (supplement dosing/timing bolded):

8.15am - Dose 1 NeoVar (3 caps).
11am - Meal 2. Two cans of solid white albacore tuna. Two slices of whole wheat/whole grain bread. A banana. One tablespoon of peanut butter.
1pm - Dose 2 HGHup♂ (2 caps).
2pm - Workout.
3:15pm - Dose 2 NeoVar (3 caps).
3.30pm - Post workout meal/meal 3. 5 whole eggs, a bowl of Total cereal in one cup of whole milk. One tablespoon olive oil. Sport multi-vitamin taken after meal.
8pm - Meal 5. 2 chicken breasts. Salad with walnuts and a small amount of vinaigrette dressing.
10pm - Meal 6. 2 scoops of whey protein, 48g plus one and a half cups of whole milk.
12am - Dose 2 HGHup♂ (3 caps).

My questions mainly pertain to the HGHup doses. Should the first one be earlier? Should the second one come after my last meal of the day and replace the milk with water (to reduce carbs as much as possible)? Another alternative option I was thinking was taking the first dose two hours after my second meal, then working out one hour later (and since the workout takes around 1 hour, that should fulfill the 2 hour guideline). The only problem I foresee there is that then I'd be working out on a pretty empty tank.
See adjustments made above.

In another post, I saw someone advising against taking whey protein with HGHup. What's the specific reasoning behind this, and what should I take in place? I would think sacrificing a post-workout protein shake would be bad, so I'd like to get any alternative for it that I can. Then again, maybe that was specifically advising against taking it at the same time as the HGHup. I'll try to find the post.
Whey protein induces an insulin response similar to that following carbohydrate intake, which is why it is recommended to have a SOLID protein meal only if you are going to dose HGHup♂ with food.

So, mainly the most exciting thing about this product is it provides near hormonal results without needing a PCT. This is correct, yes? I don't see anything in the ingredients that would make one think it requires a PCT at all, but better safe than sorry.
HGHup♂ is NOT hormonal, so no, it does NOT require a PCT. Results will depend on all the factors combined, including nutrition and training and recovery, etc.

Ok, one last question and that's it I swear. I was planning on seeing how this goes, and depending on that, stacking HGHup with a testosterone booster like Sustain Alpha. Would this be recommended or should I just stick with one or the other?
You can stack HGHup♂ with another testosterone booster, yes, and we have actually recommended that to a few looking at stacks.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Althalus

Awards
Thanks for the prompt replies daniel and Rosie, really helped clear things up.

One thing, I noticed you said 2 caps of HGHup first, then 3 at night, but the recommendation is 3 first dose, 2 at night time. I can't imagine it's that big of a deal as the dosing period goes on, but is there any reason/benefit to prefer either method over the other?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the prompt replies daniel and Rosie, really helped clear things up.

One thing, I noticed you said 2 caps of HGHup first, then 3 at night, but the recommendation is 3 first dose, 2 at night time. I can't imagine it's that big of a deal as the dosing period goes on, but is there any reason/benefit to prefer either method over the other?
You can dose either 2/3, 2/4, or 3/3, if splitting into two doses. Otherwise, dose 5 or 6 pre-bed. So long as you do not exceed 6 caps daily you're fine.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personally like 5 at bedtime best, and not use them preworkout

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89