Abstract/Bloodwork Results from a Research Study we did on HGH-UP

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I will have the full text up in the next few days when I have a second.....

The Acute Effects of a Dietary Supplement on Serum Growth Hormone Levels in Weight-Trained Male Subjects

Tanis, D., Orrell, D., MacAnulty, A., and Long, Dr. W.

Lab Corp® and Applied Nutriceuticals® Research, Charlotte, North Carolina 28269

Address all correspondence and requests for reprints to: Dirk Tanis, Jr., MSci, Department of Research, Applied Nutriceuticals®, 8112 Statesville Road Suite G, Charlotte, NC 28269.

Abstract
Many weight-trained men seek to raise circulating serum growth hormone (GH) levels, both through training, and supplementation. The major source of circulating GH is the pituitary. The known anabolic effects of GH on skeletal muscle, and the current rise in supplements on the current market that purport increases in GH and related body composition, has become a huge market in the United States. Most oral growth hormone supplements have been shown to be ineffective, due to various factors, and, aside from several medically-supervised challenge tests, injectible peptides have historically been the only way to increase GH levels. However, a dietary supplement formulation that recently hit the International market, HGH-Up™ , containing L-Dopa, a Dopa Decarboxylase Inhibitor (DDCI), specific vitamins and minerals, and Huperzine-A, a potent acetylcholinesterase (AChE) and somatostatin inhibitor seems to be promising in allowing for the increase of Serum GH in weight-trained men. We sought to test this hypothesis in the study. Methods: 3 men (mean age, 33 ± 3.2 yr, range 22–44) with at least 5 years of weight-training experience were studied. Parameters measured were mean body weight (230.0 lbs ± 20.2 lbs.), mean body fat (10.2 % ± 0.92%), mean muscular mass (206.54 lbs. ± 18.5 lbs.), and mean fat mass (23.46 lbs ± 2.11 lbs). Serum GH levels were measured via bloodwork (Lab Corp®) on two separate days, after an overnight fast. Serum GH levels were measured with (Test) and without (Baseline) having taken the supplement, with serum GH being measured at time (t)= -15, 45, 90, and 150 min. 4 separate blood draws per analysis period were taken (4 Test day, 4 Baseline); 8 total per subject over two separate days, and on the Test day, subjects were given a 6 capsule dosage of the supplement (t=0). Results: Each of the 3 weight-trained men (100%) had frank increases in serum GH levels after a 6 capsule dosage of HGH-Up™ when compared to baseline values. Average baseline Serum GH for the entire group was 0.496 ng/mL ± 0.045 ng/mL (SEM). Average peak Serum GH following administration of the supplement was 11.8 ng/mL ± 1.06 ng/mL, representing an average total rise of 2,379% in Serum GH values for the group.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
6 caps at once? Taking twice a day we'd only get 12.5 days. Why did you test 6 caps when the normal full days dose is 4-6?
None the less...amazing increase

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6 caps at once? Taking twice a day we'd only get 12.5 days. Why did you test 6 caps when the normal full days dose is 4-6?
None the less...amazing increase
Dirk will explain more, but subjects had 6 caps in total daily, dosed ONCE, probably pre-bed.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
y exciting none the less!!! cant wait to buy this

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to know when they were dosed. Post up the full study.

Azaloth

Awards
Ditto on wanting to know more. Please share full study when you can. Thanks.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ditto on wanting to know more. Please share full study when you can. Thanks.
I am going to put it up on the website- been real busy with mfg., so I still need to footnote it- but it will be avaliable pretty soon...it is a pretty good read, especially the discussion

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lab Results for HGHup♂

Lab results re bloodwork with and without HGHup♂ are up - Lab Results for HGHup - for those that are interested.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

crowpass

crowpass

Awards
  • Established
I read the first post, wow thats like a %4,000 increase?

CuriousOne

Awards
Correct me if I am wrong here guys.......and I'm not saying that App Nut doesn't put out some great products because I actually do continue to buy some of their products, but that bloodwork posted is on a 65 yo male correct? Considering gh levels start to drop in your early 30's and continue to do so........of course if you give someone that is 65 something like this then it will return a huge increase in gh. The caveat being that this is by no means representative of what someone in their 20's or even 30's should expect.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ive been very pleased dosing at 5 caps daily, granted i am in caloric deficit (athlete not bodybuilder) but my mood, libido and erectile function are operative above normal and my experience in the gym is improving as well. Now if I could whip this sinus infection and it would stop icing/snowing I would be super happy.

Would dosing all 5 caps at night be a more productive way of using HGH up for recovery and testosterone production?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Correct me if I am wrong here guys.......and I'm not saying that App Nut doesn't put out some great products because I actually do continue to buy some of their products, but that bloodwork posted is on a 65 yo male correct? Considering gh levels start to drop in your early 30's and continue to do so........of course if you give someone that is 65 something like this then it will return a huge increase in gh. The caveat being that this is by no means representative of what someone in their 20's or even 30's should expect.
where did you get 65 year old male? It states the mean age and age range of the people who got blood work. Age range was 22-44.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Ive been very pleased dosing at 5 caps daily, granted i am in caloric deficit (athlete not bodybuilder) but my mood, libido and erectile function are operative above normal and my experience in the gym is improving as well. Now if I could whip this sinus infection and it would stop icing/snowing I would be super happy.

Would dosing all 5 caps at night be a more productive way of using HGH up for recovery and testosterone production?
I dose all 5 at night when I use hghup

CuriousOne

Awards
Your stating the age range for the study info.......I'm looking at the actual photos of the Labcorp results page which are the first pictures they show under lab results. It clearly states (and is not blacked out) on the form that it is for a male with a DOB of 10-28-44 where it says AGE. So correct me if I am wrong on that one or not TEX....
But I'm reading that as the test results of someone who at the time of the test (11/11/09) was 65 years old........which again goes back to my point that someone in their 20's, 30's, or even 40's would not see the same dramatic rise in GH as someone who is 65 years old.

CuriousOne

Awards
So were the results of the 65 yo whose lab results are so prominently viewable part of the overall study results?

mildot

Awards
where did you get 65 year old male? It states the mean age and age range of the people who got blood work. Age range was 22-44.
The lab results show the following:

Age (Y\M\D)
44/10/28

Could you post the tests performed on individual that was not sedentary and less than 40 years old? An active person will respond differently to some products than another that is physically active and in the health range of a true AM member. Just curious about other test subjects....

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I dose all 5 at night when I use hghup
Empty stomach or after a meal? I usually eat within 30-1hr before going to sleep usually something small just protein. As of right now I've been taking 3 caps between my breakfast meal and second meal and then another 2 caps between my third meal and pre-workout shake.

I've been very pleased thus far, I did breakout on my face but got that under control now were just sailing. Did the nutra deal and got two bottles of HGHUP w free Neovar, good stuff :fing02:

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
Empty stomach or after a meal? I usually eat within 30-1hr before going to sleep usually something small just protein. As of right now I've been taking 3 caps between my breakfast meal and second meal and then another 2 caps between my third meal and pre-workout shake.

I've been very pleased thus far, I did breakout on my face but got that under control now were just sailing. Did the nutra deal and got two bottles of HGHUP w free Neovar, good stuff :fing02:
When you take it before bed, either take it on an empty stomach or with an all protein meal. By all protein meal that means real food, not whey. I have a can of tuna about 30 minutes before bed and take six caps right before I lay down.

CuriousOne

Awards
Did you notice it suddenly got very quiet in here? Go figure......call into question something they are claiming and suddenly its a ghost town.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, sorry I do not live on here. I have a life outside of just being a rep and AM. You can't expect me to respond to a question in 20 minutes and even 1 day on these forums is sometimes pushing it... I will take a look. Give me a bit...

Your stating the age range for the study info.......I'm looking at the actual photos of the Labcorp results page which are the first pictures they show under lab results. It clearly states (and is not blacked out) on the form that it is for a male with a DOB of 10-28-44 where it says AGE. So correct me if I am wrong on that one or not TEX....
But I'm reading that as the test results of someone who at the time of the test (11/11/09) was 65 years old........which again goes back to my point that someone in their 20's, 30's, or even 40's would not see the same dramatic rise in GH as someone who is 65 years old.
I will have to look....

So were the results of the 65 yo whose lab results are so prominently viewable part of the overall study results?
Again, I cannot be expected to respond in 20 minutes time.

The lab results show the following:

Age (Y\M\D)
44/10/28

Could you post the tests performed on individual that was not sedentary and less than 40 years old? An active person will respond differently to some products than another that is physically active and in the health range of a true AM member. Just curious about other test subjects....
I will get in touch with Dirk and Don and see what they can do for us.

I take them on an empty stomach.

When you take it before bed, either take it on an empty stomach or with an all protein meal. By all protein meal that means real food, not whey. I have a can of tuna about 30 minutes before bed and take six caps right before I lay down.
correct...

Did you notice it suddenly got very quiet in here? Go figure......call into question something they are claiming and suddenly its a ghost town.
no, you are expecting us to give answers in less than 1 day. Be realistic and we will surely respond.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Sit tight man, we'll get you an answer. 1 day does not equate to a conspiracy to withhold info. For most people, it equates to other jobs, school, life in general, etc.

As stated previously, the full study writeup will be posted soon. I have it in my mailbox for review actually. Tex has brought your questions to the attention of the team. As soon as we can get a complete answer from the bossmen as opposed to the speculation or 90% accurate answer I can give, we'll have it posted up for you.

Tex, can you please PM Curiousone with a reminder once the full study goes up here?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Short answer: Go have a look at the report again.

44 years, 10 months, 28 days

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
Short answer: Go have a look at the report again.

44 years, 10 months, 28 days
And the full study is up on our site.

Sorry to rain on anyone's conspiracy theory parade...:raincloud:

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Also , if you look at the box right next to that it says Date of birth. The one that is being read says age.

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
Also , if you look at the box right next to that it says Date of birth. The one that is being read says age.
Exactly. Birth dates were blocked out for privacy reasons, however if someone really wants to try they can figure it out.

But I can't imagine whay anyone would care...

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Exactly. Birth dates were blocked out for privacy reasons, however if someone really wants to try they can figure it out.

But I can't imagine whay anyone would care...
Maybe................. to send you a birthday card?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
to remind him when he gets his free breakfast at dennys?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yeah, lanbane... I'll pm the him to let him know. Thanks for getting in here fellas!
-TEX

CuriousOne

Awards
No conspiracy theory here boys and I work 60+ hours a week so I don't live on here either. I simply was ensuring that things weren't being misconstrued in order to market a product is all. As a consumer its never wrong to question things if unsure.......not everything we are told is always true or marketing material can sometimes leave inferences that might not be completely true, so I asked for clarification is all. I'm sure we can all agree that there are unscrupulous supplement companies out there unfortunately.
Now I can also give credit where it is due and I appreciate the reps from AppNut giving answers to my questions which is nice to see on here b/c I've seen other hard questions simply ignored or dodged by reps for other companies.

I will say though that it would be nice if the study had included more than just 3 individuals. Also the 44 year old's results could inflate the overall average since it was such a small study group. Just something to keep in mind.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
dammit I really wanted to post my hatersgonehate.jpg

grrrrrrr

lol

CuriousOne

Awards
Sorry to deny you of that enjoyment Backer......I do believe you will have no problem finding such individuals on another board though......hehe. One of the main reasons why I stay on this one and away from that one.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
I see what u did there lol

Hardnutcheck

Awards
When I can, I try and get my workout done closer to my bed time. Would it be a benefit with that type of schedule and dosing the HGHup before my bed. +3 hours I'll go to sleep after my workout

How come we don't have a HGHup FAQ section up in here?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I can, I try and get my workout done closer to my bed time. Would it be a benefit with that type of schedule and dosing the HGHup before my bed. +3 hours I'll go to sleep after my workout

How come we don't have a HGHup FAQ section up in here?
Train whenever you want - it is not going to make a difference re results.

Re dosing, all 5 caps pre-bed, is, IMO, the most effective timing re HGHup♂ dosage. However, everyone is different, and some prefer first thing/pre-bed and others pre-training/pre-bed - you just need to find what works for you.

Re FAQs - you can find them at Applied Nutriceuticals - HGHup♂

~Team APPNUT

topotent

Awards
So I am currentlt 2 at rise and 3 at night just before bed. would 5 at nite be better?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I am currentlt 2 at rise and 3 at night just before bed. would 5 at nite be better?
You can do either - everyone has a different sweet spot re dosing/timing. Try both ways of dosing, and see what works more effectively for you.

~Team APPNUT