Iron in Complete Balance
- 09-05-2009, 12:14 PM
- 09-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Absorption of iron is ~18% from a mixed western diet and only ~10% from a vegetarian diet, so vegetarians' iron intakes need to be 80% higher than non-vegetarians (NHMRC, 2005).
The above is true of Australia and New Zealand; it may be different in the US.
09-12-2009, 03:40 AM
i remember when i was in my teens i was quite anemic. Doctor gave me some iron pills, turned my poop really dark lol..
Glad i don't have that problem anymore. Did have a customer say to me a couple weeks back that i was looking pale and that i was anemic. She told me to eat more lol...
“We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
09-12-2009, 04:30 AM
Also, there are different types of anaemia and NOT all of them you "treat" by giving iron supplementation. The ONLY anaemia you treat with iron is iron deficiency anaemia. If you do it with any of the others you can cause an iron toxicity in the body, which can be fatal.
09-12-2009, 05:17 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By Ari Gold in forum Product ReviewsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-23-2012, 11:46 AM
- By David Dunn in forum General ChatReplies: 3Last Post: 08-05-2012, 08:48 PM
- By bigwhitetitan in forum AnabolicsReplies: 5Last Post: 06-07-2010, 10:32 PM
- By TNASTYII in forum SupplementsReplies: 1Last Post: 08-28-2008, 05:45 PM
- By INFLUENCER in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 6Last Post: 05-15-2006, 02:02 AM