Questions about The One (currently on cycle)

KDLMaj

Awards
So I just began my first cycle (of anything) two days ago- using The One (as per the title).

A few questions:

1. Dustasteride

It was mentioned in a previous post that finasteride (and I assume dutasteride then) is not to be taken with The One. I've been on dutasteride for a month now, and the half-life on the thing is insane. So basically there's no way to finish out my cycle with no dutasteride in me- even if I stopped today.

Having said that, I was confused as to the reason why dust/finast would interfere with The One. Isn't The One already bioavailable without the need to run through a 5-AR enzyme? If so, then how would dust interfere with The One?

And, honestly, in the last two days I've seen an incredible boost to my workout. I threw on 15 extra pounds to several exercises today AND was doing extra sets without breaking a sweat. I can chalk a lot up to placebo effect, but that's downright impossible. Though I am noticing some stomach weight already (in addition to already pumped arms/chest- which I assume is just general nitrogen retention)- which isn't something others on The One have mentioned.

2. PCT

I know The One comes with 2nd Gear, but I was actually planning on using Powerlab's Post-Cycle. Are there any specifics to The One that I should be aware of if I choose to use another PCT regimen? I know there is no need for SERM already, but I'm antsy about screwing the PCT. Also, would it be overkill (I assume yes) to use 2nd Gear with Post-Cycle?

I appreciate the help folks. And I LOVE this product so far- it really is amazing!

Jordinator

Awards
  • Established
Well I looked up the Post-Cyle by Power Labs and it's a proprietary blend so it doesn't give the breakdown on the milligrams of each. Kind of a problem because you don't know how much you're taking of any one ingredient.

If it were me, I would use the 2nd gear. It's designed to be used as the pct for TO. They also say to get a good test booster, at the very minimum. My PCT for TO was Primordial Performances TRS and 2nd gear taken at night. Also I started taking Green Mag/White Flood. So far so good...

Side note: Primordial has 40% off their products for 2 days. I'd hop on that and buy the TRS. It will be delivered before PCT starts.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
So I just began my first cycle (of anything) two days ago- using The One (as per the title).

A few questions:

1. Dustasteride

It was mentioned in a previous post that finasteride (and I assume dutasteride then) is not to be taken with The One. I've been on dutasteride for a month now, and the half-life on the thing is insane. So basically there's no way to finish out my cycle with no dutasteride in me- even if I stopped today.

Having said that, I was confused as to the reason why dust/finast would interfere with The One. Isn't The One already bioavailable without the need to run through a 5-AR enzyme? If so, then how would dust interfere with The One?

And, honestly, in the last two days I've seen an incredible boost to my workout. I threw on 15 extra pounds to several exercises today AND was doing extra sets without breaking a sweat. I can chalk a lot up to placebo effect, but that's downright impossible. Though I am noticing some stomach weight already (in addition to already pumped arms/chest- which I assume is just general nitrogen retention)- which isn't something others on The One have mentioned.

2. PCT

I know The One comes with 2nd Gear, but I was actually planning on using Powerlab's Post-Cycle. Are there any specifics to The One that I should be aware of if I choose to use another PCT regimen? I know there is no need for SERM already, but I'm antsy about screwing the PCT. Also, would it be overkill (I assume yes) to use 2nd Gear with Post-Cycle?

I appreciate the help folks. And I LOVE this product so far- it really is amazing!
2nd Gear is all you need as your AI for PCT...period. It is meant to be used for PCT for the ONE. Secondly, I personally recommend you stack IGF-2 and DRIVE...not pushing products...just personal preference there. That was my PCT...DRIVE, IGF-2, and 2nd Gear.

As for question about 5-AR's...The ONE is a carefully derived DHT analog that has been formulated to have very limited androgenic potential; meaning that The One has minimal action on the prostate and hairline.

Also, Dutasteride along with Finasteride work as anti-androgens, and bind antagonistically to the androgen receptor, thus blocking the ability of The ONE to bind effectively to the androgen receptor. In essence, the ability of of 5-AR's such as Dutasteride and Finasteride to antagonistically bind to the androgen receptor in an anti-androgenic manner and displace other androgens is the reason it is problematic to supplement with while using The ONE.

Hopefully that helps you out.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

KDLMaj

Awards
Thanks for the reply- especially appreciate the PCT advice. I'll definitely do it. Do y'all suggest 1 month or 2? I was thinking 2nd Gear for a month (since that's what you have), but I figured I'd stay on test boosters and such for a month afterwards.

Also, interesting side note on the dutasteride. But even though dutasteride is technically an antiandrogen, I can't find any evidence that it binds to androgen receptors. In fact, the information I found seems to indicate specifically that dutasteride (not sure about finasteride) does NOT bind to the human androgen receptor. The only action is seems to have is in the 5AR- which has many sites of action, none of which are muscle tissue or even related. Though it does theoretically have the potential to increase estrogen levels, none of the clinical data has demonstrated elevated estrogen (which is odd considering the 20-30% increase in test levels dutasteride seems to bring about).

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the reply- especially appreciate the PCT advice. I'll definitely do it. Do y'all suggest 1 month or 2? I was thinking 2nd Gear for a month (since that's what you have), but I figured I'd stay on test boosters and such for a month afterwards.
Run the complete bottle of 2nd GEAR. Keep using testosterone boosters for a further 4-8 weeks (i.e. so for a total of 8-12 weeks), as to get the most effects and benefits from many testosterone boosters you need to run them for at LEAST 8 weeks.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
well with that being said it looks like everything here has been covered

damn

KDLMaj

Awards
Well since folks were VERY helpful before, I figured I'd throw out another question about my calorie intake on The One:

I'm big ol' noob who could have stood to do more research on this before cycling, but here I am cycling, and so it's a bit late for that. (Cycle is really going well on the whole, by the way, thank you for a great product AN)

The reviews I have read about The One have largely noted dry muscle gains but not really 'wet' gains. I'm definitely getting the dry gains after only 3 days (Seriously- this product is insane. It would have taken me weeks to grow back what I just got back in a few days) But I'm definitely getting a bit of a stomach/front 'coat' (i.e. fat) on top of it. It's not horrible by any stretch, but that's after 4 days- 4 weeks may turn out to be a different story. If it were any number of other PHs, I wouldn't worry, but I'm just not hearing a lot of guys report the same while on The One.

So, am I being paranoid, or is my calorie intake off? I'm TINY (as noted in another post- I recently lost a LOT of weight- 25/30 lbs from new medication) right now: 5'7" and down to 140lbs (tears...so many tears). So it's possible my body is in 'starvation mode' from the weight loss and is just trying to pack on everything as fat ASAP. But I'd love some feedback on my calorie intake.

Daily goal: 3600
Fat: 100g (hard gainer here- fat is mostly from brazil nuts)
Protein: 250-275g
Carbs: the rest

Am I royally screwing this up and just don't realize it? Should I lower my fat intake for more protein? Should I introduce some cardio to offset? (I'm running next to none- I only do cardio for a short while before legs to loosen up a bit). Or should I just shut up and get over it?

Much obliged, in advance, on the feedback.

Jordinator

Awards
  • Established
Figure out your basal metabolic rate.
http://www.shapefit.com/basal-metabolic-rate.html

Add 500 calories to that. Consider adding 100 calories each week to make up for muscle you should be gaining. Keep it clean. If you are worried about fat gain just add in some cardio. Give The One a chance to kick in and do its thing. All you gotta do is train hard, eat right, and get good restful sleep.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Well since folks were VERY helpful before, I figured I'd throw out another question about my calorie intake on The One:

I'm big ol' noob who could have stood to do more research on this before cycling, but here I am cycling, and so it's a bit late for that. (Cycle is really going well on the whole, by the way, thank you for a great product AN)

The reviews I have read about The One have largely noted dry muscle gains but not really 'wet' gains. I'm definitely getting the dry gains after only 3 days (Seriously- this product is insane. It would have taken me weeks to grow back what I just got back in a few days) But I'm definitely getting a bit of a stomach/front 'coat' (i.e. fat) on top of it. It's not horrible by any stretch, but that's after 4 days- 4 weeks may turn out to be a different story. If it were any number of other PHs, I wouldn't worry, but I'm just not hearing a lot of guys report the same while on The One.

So, am I being paranoid, or is my calorie intake off? I'm TINY (as noted in another post- I recently lost a LOT of weight- 25/30 lbs from new medication) right now: 5'7" and down to 140lbs (tears...so many tears). So it's possible my body is in 'starvation mode' from the weight loss and is just trying to pack on everything as fat ASAP. But I'd love some feedback on my calorie intake.

Daily goal: 3600
Fat: 100g (hard gainer here- fat is mostly from brazil nuts)
Protein: 250-275g
Carbs: the rest

Am I royally screwing this up and just don't realize it? Should I lower my fat intake for more protein? Should I introduce some cardio to offset? (I'm running next to none- I only do cardio for a short while before legs to loosen up a bit). Or should I just shut up and get over it?

Much obliged, in advance, on the feedback.
looks good. I would also do cardio at least once a week to keep your heart healthy.

KDLMaj

Awards
Thanks folks, very much appreciate the input.

realized this morning that the weight I was worried about was just water weight. It was gone in the AM, and so was my weight. Turns out I've only gained 2 lbs of dry gains ("only" psh). Upping intake to 4000 and protein to 300 to see what that does for gains.

If that turns out to be too much, back down to 3600.