A couple questions about dosing RPM...

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.34%

A couple questions about dosing RPM...

1.) It's recommended to dose RPM on an empty stomach about 1 hour before a workout. How can I schedule that around my pre-workout meal which I usually eat about 1 hour before working out?

2.) If the recommended dosage chart suggest between 2-3 capsules based on weight, would there be any negative implications of trying up to say, 4 capsules? Or in other words, is there any reason I shouldn't try dosing higher than what's recommended? Honestly, I had great results with 3 capsules, which is the higher end of what's recommended for my weight, but I'm just curious to what 4 capsules would do!

Thanks for any help! RPM is awesome!!!

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.65%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua86 View Post
    1.) It's recommended to dose RPM on an empty stomach about 1 hour before a workout. How can I schedule that around my pre-workout meal which I usually eat about 1 hour before working out?

2.) If the recommended dosage chart suggest between 2-3 capsules based on weight, would there be any negative implications of trying up to say, 4 capsules? Or in other words, is there any reason I shouldn't try dosing higher than what's recommended? Honestly, I had great results with 3 capsules, which is the higher end of what's recommended for my weight, but I'm just curious to what 4 capsules would do!

there are no negatives to trying more capsules, it is all about tolerance and assessing your needs though. As for dosing the RPM on an empty stomach... it does not sound like that is possible for you since you have a meal 1 hour before workout... taking it with food will only slightly diminish effects.
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.34%

What's a good way to schedule a pre-workout meal around RPM? Right now my schedule allows me to be pretty flexible. My pre-workout meal has been fairly light lately: usually a scoop of whey protein and half of a banana about 45-50 minutes before a workout.

Since my pre-workout meal isn't very heavy, will it still somewhat decrease the effects of RPM? If so, any ideas of when to dose RPM relative to the meal prior to working out?
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  119 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

If you dose the RPM BEFORE your preworkout meal (as suggested below), then technically it is on an 'empty stomach' (as long as you've had 2 hours between your last meal and dosing).

It also depends on WHAT you eat (and when in relation to your RPM dose). If it's something light like say a protein shake then you could take RPM* 80 minutes pre-workout, and then have your pre-workout meal 45-60 min pre-workout. If it's something heavy, then effects from RPM will be diminished.

* RPM is recommended to be dosed 60-80 min prewokout. You need to experiement to find your own sweet spot, since for some it is 60-min pre, and others it is 80-min pre (I fall into the latter category).

The recommendations are made because they are the OPTIMAL amount for that weight. Increasing your dosage to 4 caps is not necessarily going to give you any more benefits or better results (and in some instances, can pretty much give you NO effects at all). I suggest that you start with 2 caps to assess your tolerance, and once done move to 3 caps; if you REALLY feel like trying 4 caps, then do it a little later, and see how that goes. More is NOT always better!

No worries. And yes, it is

What's a good way to schedule a pre-workout meal around RPM? Right now my schedule allows me to be pretty flexible. My pre-workout meal has been fairly light lately: usually a scoop of whey protein and half of a banana about 45-50 minutes before a workout.
    Since my pre-workout meal isn't very heavy, will it still somewhat decrease the effects of RPM? If so, any ideas of when to dose RPM relative to the meal prior to working out?[/QUOTE]

As mentioned above I would take your dose of RPM 80 min pre-workout, and then have your preworkout meal 45-min preworkout. Effects should not be diminished if the meal is light, and yoiu have at least 20 min between your dose of RPM and the 'meal'.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.34%

Cool. I'll just stick to three caps because that worked well for me and I don't want to waste any. I'll take my dose about 80 minutes or so pre-workout, and then eat my pre-workout meal about 20-25 minutes later.

One more question... Is there any benefit to taking RPM on off days?
  6. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  119 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Cool. I'll just stick to three caps because that worked well for me and I don't want to waste any. I'll take my dose about 80 minutes or so pre-workout, and then eat my pre-workout meal about 20-25 minutes later.

One more question... Is there any benefit to taking RPM on off days?
    Yes, just to keep it in the system. But you only need to dose 1-2 caps (i.e. half-dose), and you can do this at any time (but not within 8 hours of going to bed), preferably first thing in the morning.

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.34%

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Yes, just to keep it in the system. But you only need to dose 1-2 caps (i.e. half-dose), and you can do this at any time (but not within 8 hours of going to bed), preferably first thing in the morning.
    Thanks!
  8. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'1"  259 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.5%

my preworkout routine usually involves some kind of supp about 15-45 mins before the gym then a protein shake right before i go to the gym. It has always worked well for me like that, im going to be trying RPM in the near future and will prob do it the same, just take RPM a good 45 mins before my shake.
  9. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  119 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

Quote Originally Posted by Harland View Post
    my preworkout routine usually involves some kind of supp about 15-45 mins before the gym then a protein shake right before i go to the gym. It has always worked well for me like that, im going to be trying RPM in the near future and will prob do it the same, just take RPM a good 45 mins before my shake.
    I would recommend at LEAST 60 minutes before the gym when dosing RPM. You don't really want it kicking in half-waythrough or towards the end of your [resistance] training session (unless you train for over an hour; and that's not advisable).

10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.3%

What I find that works when dosing RPM....is take it about 60-80 minutes before the gym have your pre-wo meal (I also have a shake and a banana) 25-30 minutes pre-wo then take one more pill prior to working out. I currently take 3 and then 1 after the meal.

Similar Forum Threads

1. couple questions
    By mkretz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 08:35 PM
  2. A couple questions for you all.
    By ch4zl33 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-20-2008, 09:25 PM
  3. couple questions
    By marcink99 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 13