Hydroxylamine in The One? Why?

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
"Hydroxylamine and its salts are commonly used as reducing agents in a myriad of organic and inorganic reactions. They can also act as antioxidants for fatty acids. Some non-chemical uses include removal of hair from animal hides and photography developing solutions.This has also been used in the past by biologists to introduce random mutations by switching base pairs from A to G, or from C to T. This is to probe functional areas of genes to elucidate what happens if their functions are broken."

I am just wondering as to the combination of this to the chemical structure, as in what is the purpose of adding it, is it safe to use in humans, where are the studies etc. Sorry for my ignorance, but I genuinely would like to know as I can find no answers in my research.:type:

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
No one knows? Not even the reps? ....:bandit:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its not in The ONE :D

you are confusing the name of a part of a structure with a separate molecule.

Hydroxylamine is a reactive chemical with formula NH2OH. It can be considered a hybrid of ammonia and water due to parallels it shares with each. At room temperature pure NH2OH is ordinarily a white, unstable crystalline, hygroscopic compound;[2] however it is almost always encountered as an aqueous solution.
and The ONE is 17a-methyl-etioallocholan-17b-ol-3-hydroxyimine

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established

Ok..so why is it mentioned in the chemical structure, if that molecule is not bonded with the 17a-methyl-etioallocholan-17b-ol-3? The question I was aiming at posing was WHY is it included in the structures name...for what purpose basically? How does bonding it to the structure render it inert in its orginal properites if it does at all? I realize it is a differnent compound..but it is a compound of molecules that all have different properties. It is a dangerous chemical and so the research into this.

"Hydroxylamine may explode on heating. It is an irritant to the respiratory tract, skin, eyes, and other mucous membranes. It may be absorbed through the skin, is harmful if swallowed, and is a possible mutagen."

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its not tho, you are adding an L and an A to it, and dropping the I. in The ONE its "hydroxyimine" and you are referring to Hydroxylamine.

In chemistry, spelling counts :D

TheMind

Awards

Ok..so why is it mentioned in the chemical structure, if that molecule is not bonded with the 17a-methyl-etioallocholan-17b-ol-3? The question I was aiming at posing was WHY is it included in the structures name...for what purpose basically? How does bonding it to the structure render it inert in its orginal properites if it does at all? I realize it is a differnent compound..but it is a compound of molecules that all have different properties. It is a dangerous chemical and so the research into this.

"Hydroxylamine may explode on heating. It is an irritant to the respiratory tract, skin, eyes, and other mucous membranes. It may be absorbed through the skin, is harmful if swallowed, and is a possible mutagen."
So, you're taking hydroxyimine (what's actually in the name), and changing it on your own to Hydroxylamine (a different molecule), and then asking why this molecule you decided to choose, that's harmful to humans, is put into the formula for The One? You are saying you realize it's a different compound, but then you go and quote the effects of Hydroxylamine as if it's the molecule that is in The One, when it is not?

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Ahh my mistake I did spell it wrong indeed!!:crackhead:

I conceed defeat. Sometimes it pays to spellcheck lol.:laugh:

I feel much better. Thank you sirs.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
On a side note I can find no readily availiable information on the molecule, mentioned. Do you happen to have a link or a book that contains some information on it that I can look up? Thanks again.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope! its an all new compound. the only reference you will find to it is in Vida's book "Androgens and Anabolic Agents Chemistry and Pharmacology" and even there its like a 2 liner. I'll see if I can find the exerpt

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Nope! its an all new compound. the only reference you will find to it is in Vida's book "Androgens and Anabolic Agents Chemistry and Pharmacology" and even there its like a 2 liner. I'll see if I can find the exerpt
Thank you, I would appreciate it.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
do you know the page number by chance?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm trying to look, but ADHD and all I keep getting bored :D

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i'm trying to look, but ADHD and all I keep getting bored :D
better than lysdexia - you'd never give me the right page :)

if you find it, PM me if possible with the info.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
better than lysdexia - you'd never give me the right page :)

if you find it, PM me if possible with the info.
you're lucky I love you man :D page 200 for the main compound, reference also in the table on 209.

dpfisher

Hydroximine is part of a chemical structure found in Broccoli... I don't think that it is a mutagen.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Hydroximine is part of a chemical structure found in Broccoli... I don't think that it is a mutagen.
We already went over that lol, read the whole thread..I was mistaken.