Any reports of hair loss?

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just looked this up online and was wondering.

While DHT is best known for its roles in causing male pattern hair loss and prostate problems, it is crucial to virilization and is necessary to mitigate estrogen's effects in men.

As I believe it "The One" is one step away from DHT so I was wondering if anyone else thought about it or gotten any imput on this.

Also Great podcast on super human radio

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I understand the whole DHT and hair recepter thing I'm just wondering from the testers was any reported?

I'm currently on toco-8 and purchased enough to last me the rest of the year. I'm also thinking of taking rogain just for the hell of it. My dad and grandfather are bald so I know its coming haha.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I understand the whole DHT and hair recepter thing I'm just wondering from the testers was any reported?

I'm currently on toco-8 and purchased enough to last me the rest of the year. I'm also thinking of taking rogain just for the hell of it. My dad and grandfather are bald so I know its coming haha.
As far as I am aware no hair loss was reported by any of the testers.

Gator Alum 03

Gator Alum 03

Awards
  • Established
Bump on this. Also curious to hear if anyone has experienced any shedding.

BBR

BBR

Awards
I suppose someone with MPB has to man up and try it out ... it won't be me. I'm not man enough hahaha!

BBR

BBR

Awards
I like to think the reason I have hair loss is from testosterone ... hence TOO MUCH man for one mortal body :)

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
it's not just while using it though... it's in the following months as well.

I too am interested in feedback on this front, but it requires a few people with definite MPB to try it out and for a few months to both run the cycle and watch for any thinning or shedding in the month or two after.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
I'm definitely thinning and I'll be running it in a month or so...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Outside Backer has MPB and has had no issues. Theres SOME evidence that the hairloss isn't solely caused by DHT itself but partially by some part of the enzymatic conversion of testosterone to DHT. So in a scenario where DHT is directly supplemented may cause less hair loss than reaching the same DHT level by conversion from test

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
It's an interesting point actually Easy, from what I can remember seeing circulating/systemic DHT doesn't really have that much of an effect on hairloss.

I'm going to see if i can find more info on that

Thanos

Thanos

Awards
Im seeing hair in the sink....

none for me two-weeks in and still have a nice full mop. I looked at some of your other posts on the one as you eluded to using a bunch of others PH stuff but seemed more interested in plugging other PH products and guessing that stuff will come out way better or "blow the one out of the water" So unless you wanna post head pics of your hairline with dates etc I dont think anyone should even take all your negativity seriously. Why not just run honest opinons instead of plugging other stuff and making stupid comments without elaboration like this.

nopeace

Awards
  • Established
none for me two-weeks in and still have a nice full mop. I looked at some of your other posts on the one as you eluded to using a bunch of others PH stuff but seemed more interested in plugging other PH products and guessing that stuff will come out way better or "blow the one out of the water" So unless you wanna post head pics of your hairline with dates etc I dont think anyone should even take all your negativity seriously. Why not just run honest opinons instead of plugging other stuff and making stupid comments without elaboration like this.
Well,

First off, I'm not prone to MPB. I just noticed my hair on Friday while rinsing off some gel.

It is a DHT compound so hair loss should be part of the risk. I am giving honest opinions, threads are for feedback that means positive or negative. Obviously Im not as lucky as you to see such good results from the one. But i am not the only one that is disappointed. Why are you so worried about my feedback anyways?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, lets keep it friendly, different peoples bodies do different things. Other testers who are MPB prone aren't seeing hair loss, but in no way does that mean its impossible to loose hair on it.

Nopeace, are you taking any ancilliaries with The ONE? also, what sort of shampoo do you use?

nopeace

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, lets keep it friendly, different peoples bodies do different things. Other testers who are MPB prone aren't seeing hair loss, but in no way does that mean its impossible to loose hair on it.

Nopeace, are you taking any ancilliaries with The ONE? also, what sort of shampoo do you use?

No ancilliaries, just regular suave shampoo.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
are you feeling any itchiness on your scalp? I started getting some scalp acne, and switched off to flipping between a zinc based dandruff shampoo and Selsun Blue Naturals - this has salicylic acid in it like the facial astringents and that went away. Just a thought.[

Etomic

Awards
  • Established
I've been getting itchy scalp and itchy skin in general. I've also been pulling out about a half dozen hairs while shampooing (not normal), but I think its more to do with weather change than taking The One. I don't see any hair on my pillows so I am not too worried. I am very prone to MPB.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
might want to try the selsun naturals, that salicylic acid cleared up my itchiness, and it smells good too :D

Thanos

Thanos

Awards
Well,

First off, I'm not prone to MPB. I just noticed my hair on Friday while rinsing off some gel.

It is a DHT compound so hair loss should be part of the risk. I am giving honest opinions, threads are for feedback that means positive or negative. Obviously Im not as lucky as you to see such good results from the one. But i am not the only one that is disappointed. Why are you so worried about my feedback anyways?
My interest came comes from you predicting that another product will blow the one out of the water when it comes out. Its hard to take it as honest feedback when people do stuff like this. A couple buddies are up almost a pound a day. ( 7 days in.)Another one saw a quick gain in weight and strength but began to settle out in weight. Once he started to increase his calories he began to catch up to everyone. He swore his calories were plenty at the start but apparently not. Now hes rocking. Sometimes a little more feedback about what you are doing other than you feel disappointed can help the rest of us.

Etomic

Awards
  • Established
might want to try the selsun naturals, that salicylic acid cleared up my itchiness, and it smells good too :D
Unfortunately, SA and I are enemies. It dries out my skin and hair so much that it usually makes problems worse. The itchiness isn't bad though, really only picks up when I'm working out.

...A couple buddies are up almost a pound a day. ( 7 days in.)Another one saw a quick gain in weight and strength but began to settle out in weight. Once he started to increase his calories he began to catch up to everyone. He swore his calories were plenty at the start but apparently not. Now hes rocking...
I'm in the same boat. Was gaining pound a day until I stopped eating as much and settled. Starting eating like two horses again and I'm back to a new pound a day.

rudee13

rudee13

Awards
i was one of the original beta testers for AN and ran The One **HARD** for 37 days, 6 pills a day for 28 of those days and had absolutely no shedding. None at all.
I did have some facial acne but like i said i ran it hard. I gained 18lbs, beefed up to the point i was called out at the gym- "asked what i was taking to get my swell on?" most of those gains were in the first 21 days. After about three weeks my appetite was literally off the charts, i ate all day. No need to up the dosage or go for extended cycle.

Enjoy your cycle, you will miss it when it's over.......

rudee13

rudee13

Awards
no, i don't so far (42yo) but i do have some cause for concern based on family genetics.
The two things i followed closely while running the One, hairline and my nads. I can say both were and are fine. I finished my cycle november 24th.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So far none from anyone logging it, sponsored or not

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have MPB and haven't noticed any additional hair loss.

Etomic

Awards
  • Established
My cycle is just about over @4caps/day with no hair loss. MPB runs on both sides of my family. The hair from before was just shedding from weather/season change which is normal for me.

ludacris007

ludacris007

Awards
  • Established
Ok. I was gonna run 1-t tren with mdrol but since I found out I am gonna be a father I would prefer to not to do a transdermal$. Hey easy btw u did a good job handling that thrashmetal doucher on the other thread.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:D I try to be gentle and kind, but so far not a single person has been able to come up with something factual and meaningful from that other sites "article". Eventually I loose patience tho.

That is the biggie risk with transdermals, tranfer. It doesn't take much to affect a woman, much less a pregnant woman. Will it do significant harm for a single cycle? Probably not, but its sort of unfair to expose them to it.

BBR

BBR

Awards
Well said Easy, but isn't that just common sense? If your partner is pregnant, don't risk getting your gear on them!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
even if they aren't pregnant though its got risks. Or if there are children around. if you are a hermit, and have no girlfriend, then transdermals are perfect :D

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
I suppose someone with MPB has to man up and try it out ... it won't be me. I'm not man enough hahaha!

I have MPB, receeding front hairline and thin in the crown area. I just finished a bottle of THE ONE. Got my haircut about 2-3 days before I started THE ONE. About 3.5 weeks into THE ONE, I was back at the barber. Normally I get my haircut every 6-7 weeks, I like to keep it short and thats just how long it takes to grow now. My barber who has been cutting my hair for the better part of 10 years was shocked at how quickly my hair had grown and she said it looked thicker. Maybe AN could put hair club for men out of business. Not only does it grow muscles, it grows hair, LOL

:laugh:

kruzedgar

kruzedgar

Awards
DHT gets a bad rap for hairloss when really we should be more worried about estrogen levels.

I quote Dinoiii (Dr.Houser)

"Many of the 5AR inhibitors are ultimately anti-anabolic (recall that DHT is a more potent androgen when compared to test). Fina actually is one such inhibitor as well as extracts from saw palmetto, although saw palmetto and regular nettle get you in two ways, not only the 5AR inhibition, but also the sterol concentration inducing a lower androgenic substrate, which would ultimately lead to a secondary decline in androgens too. While perhaps affording efficacy in regard to the prostate and hair line, this is at the expense of your muscle tissue while other options are certainly available to you.

Keep in mind that a lot of burden still lies with the estrogenic mechanism as estrogen has two-fold offering in the pathophysiology of hair loss:

[1] Increases DHT receptors (probably also decreases ultimate androgenicity to a degree less than that of a 5AR inhibitor for many reasons beyond the scope of this post).

[2] directly responsible for SHBG-E2-membrane-binding to action sites of deleterious androgenic sides; whereas an AI may prevent hair loss and prostate growth moreso than a 5AR inhibitor alone."

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have MPB, receeding front hairline and thin in the crown area. I just finished a bottle of THE ONE. Got my haircut about 2-3 days before I started THE ONE. About 3.5 weeks into THE ONE, I was back at the barber. Normally I get my haircut every 6-7 weeks, I like to keep it short and thats just how long it takes to grow now. My barber who has been cutting my hair for the better part of 10 years was shocked at how quickly my hair had grown and she said it looked thicker. Maybe AN could put hair club for men out of business. Not only does it grow muscles, it grows hair, LOL

Wish it would of grew hair on my head :)

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
My dad and grandfather are bald so I know its coming haha.
Not sure if anyone pointed this out in here yet or not because I am not reading every post to find out, but...

The male pattern baldness gene is passed by the female. Your Dad, his dad and so on up could all be like Kojak and it don't mean anything. You have to look at the hair on the men from your mothers side of the family to ascertain your potential for baldness.

It's true, just ask any hair doc :)

Example...

My Dad, his dad and so on up the line were all blessed with a full head of hair and no baldness. I'm skin bald on top. My mom's dad and brother were bald. So she had bald gene from both her dad and her mom. It was almost guaranteed I would be bald.

My son, will most likely never go bald. All the men on my wifes side of the family have their hair. Conversely, my daughter's sons (if and when they have any) could go bald.

Hg

adil

Awards
This is incorrect. Nobody on my mothers family is bald, going back many generations. My father had MPB and it runs in his family. As a result, myself and all my brothers suffer from MPB

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
This is incorrect. Nobody on my mothers family is bald, going back many generations. My father had MPB and it runs in his family. As a result, myself and all my brothers suffer from MPB
I'm sure that can be the case in some instances. However, it is not incorrect. Google up brother. Also ask your doctor. It is always good to edjumicate yourself :)

Hg

KDLMaj

Awards
For what it's worth, I was on dutasteride (still am) before deciding to cycle on The One. So I'm actively losing hair. It had been a few weeks, and I was growing it back (and my hair was much healthier in general), but after a few days on The One it's thinning out a bit and is back to looking crappy.

Having said that, there's not necessarily any reason to jump to the conclusion that the problem is The One:

1. I was only a month into the dutasteride, so it's possible I hit a shedding period- though I had already been seeing some regrowth (I'm young- so my hair is still in a growth phase), it's possible that other areas of the scalp are now growing in and causing shedding.

2. It may very well be the mix between dutasteride and The One that is the problem. Though the dose of dutasteride is low enough that it would be somewhat surprising if it substantially affected The One. It's an antiandrogen in broad classification, but it doesn't bind to the androgen receptor. And it comes at a strength of .5mg versus the almost 90mg of The One.

Given the lack of "I'm balding!" posts on the forum, I'm not inclined to blame The One in and of itself for this. I'll keep folks updated though.

KDLMaj

Awards
3.5 weeks into my cycle, and I've had no hair loss. Though I'm on dutasteride and rogaine foam. It's interesting to note two things though:

1. Hair regrowth has happened MUCH faster than usual (I've been on dutasteride before, and last time it was three months before anything was noticable. A week and a half into The One, and I was noticing it. Now I'm really noticing it)

2. Dutasteride didn't seem to affect my gains in any substantial way. I'm up about 18lbs, and frankly I haven't been eating well the last week (lots of unexpected family-related bills meant I couldn't afford the insane food intake. I'm extending my cycle slightly to compensate for this- just a few days).

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1. Hair regrowth has happened MUCH faster than usual (I've been on dutasteride before, and last time it was three months before anything was noticable. A week and a half into The One, and I was noticing it. Now I'm really noticing it)
I noticed that I needed to shave more frequently. When i'm not using The ONE, I can skip a day and its not bad. On it, I can't skip a day without looking pretty scruffy

KDLMaj

Awards
And do you suffer from MPB??
Well, I am just shy of four weeks in. Gained roughly 18lbs, and I'm very much suffering from MPB- so -I'm a good test case.

I did start dutasteride a month prior to this, and a week in I started using rogaine foam on top of it.

My hair is growing back VERY quickly.

I've been on dutasteride before, and I can definitely say I've had more growth in the last two months than I had in six months last time.

So I think it's safe to say that The One isn't causing hair loss, and if anything it may very well be helping.

God I am going to miss this stuff!!