Any reports of hair loss?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Well said Easy, but isn't that just common sense? If your partner is pregnant, don't risk getting your gear on them!

2. Never enough

even if they aren't pregnant though its got risks. Or if there are children around. if you are a hermit, and have no girlfriend, then transdermals are perfect
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
    •   

3. Hahaha :P

4. Quote Originally Posted by BBR View Post
    I suppose someone with MPB has to man up and try it out ... it won't be me. I'm not man enough hahaha!

I have MPB, receeding front hairline and thin in the crown area. I just finished a bottle of THE ONE. Got my haircut about 2-3 days before I started THE ONE. About 3.5 weeks into THE ONE, I was back at the barber. Normally I get my haircut every 6-7 weeks, I like to keep it short and thats just how long it takes to grow now. My barber who has been cutting my hair for the better part of 10 years was shocked at how quickly my hair had grown and she said it looked thicker. Maybe AN could put hair club for men out of business. Not only does it grow muscles, it grows hair, LOL

5. DHT gets a bad rap for hairloss when really we should be more worried about estrogen levels.

I quote Dinoiii (Dr.Houser)

"Many of the 5AR inhibitors are ultimately anti-anabolic (recall that DHT is a more potent androgen when compared to test). Fina actually is one such inhibitor as well as extracts from saw palmetto, although saw palmetto and regular nettle get you in two ways, not only the 5AR inhibition, but also the sterol concentration inducing a lower androgenic substrate, which would ultimately lead to a secondary decline in androgens too. While perhaps affording efficacy in regard to the prostate and hair line, this is at the expense of your muscle tissue while other options are certainly available to you.

Keep in mind that a lot of burden still lies with the estrogenic mechanism as estrogen has two-fold offering in the pathophysiology of hair loss:

[1] Increases DHT receptors (probably also decreases ultimate androgenicity to a degree less than that of a 5AR inhibitor for many reasons beyond the scope of this post).

[2] directly responsible for SHBG-E2-membrane-binding to action sites of deleterious androgenic sides; whereas an AI may prevent hair loss and prostate growth moreso than a 5AR inhibitor alone."
    •   

6. I have MPB, receeding front hairline and thin in the crown area. I just finished a bottle of THE ONE. Got my haircut about 2-3 days before I started THE ONE. About 3.5 weeks into THE ONE, I was back at the barber. Normally I get my haircut every 6-7 weeks, I like to keep it short and thats just how long it takes to grow now. My barber who has been cutting my hair for the better part of 10 years was shocked at how quickly my hair had grown and she said it looked thicker. Maybe AN could put hair club for men out of business. Not only does it grow muscles, it grows hair, LOL

Wish it would of grew hair on my head

7. Instead of your palms?

8. Quote Originally Posted by WhatsaRoid? View Post
    My dad and grandfather are bald so I know its coming haha.
    Not sure if anyone pointed this out in here yet or not because I am not reading every post to find out, but...

The male pattern baldness gene is passed by the female. Your Dad, his dad and so on up could all be like Kojak and it don't mean anything. You have to look at the hair on the men from your mothers side of the family to ascertain your potential for baldness.

It's true, just ask any hair doc

Example...

My Dad, his dad and so on up the line were all blessed with a full head of hair and no baldness. I'm skin bald on top. My mom's dad and brother were bald. So she had bald gene from both her dad and her mom. It was almost guaranteed I would be bald.

My son, will most likely never go bald. All the men on my wifes side of the family have their hair. Conversely, my daughter's sons (if and when they have any) could go bald.

Hg

9. This is incorrect. Nobody on my mothers family is bald, going back many generations. My father had MPB and it runs in his family. As a result, myself and all my brothers suffer from MPB
  10. Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by adil View Post
    This is incorrect. Nobody on my mothers family is bald, going back many generations. My father had MPB and it runs in his family. As a result, myself and all my brothers suffer from MPB
    I'm sure that can be the case in some instances. However, it is not incorrect. Google up brother. Also ask your doctor. It is always good to edjumicate yourself

Hg

11. For what it's worth, I was on dutasteride (still am) before deciding to cycle on The One. So I'm actively losing hair. It had been a few weeks, and I was growing it back (and my hair was much healthier in general), but after a few days on The One it's thinning out a bit and is back to looking crappy.

Having said that, there's not necessarily any reason to jump to the conclusion that the problem is The One:

1. I was only a month into the dutasteride, so it's possible I hit a shedding period- though I had already been seeing some regrowth (I'm young- so my hair is still in a growth phase), it's possible that other areas of the scalp are now growing in and causing shedding.

2. It may very well be the mix between dutasteride and The One that is the problem. Though the dose of dutasteride is low enough that it would be somewhat surprising if it substantially affected The One. It's an antiandrogen in broad classification, but it doesn't bind to the androgen receptor. And it comes at a strength of .5mg versus the almost 90mg of The One.

Given the lack of "I'm balding!" posts on the forum, I'm not inclined to blame The One in and of itself for this. I'll keep folks updated though.

12. I never experienced any hair loss at all.

13. 3.5 weeks into my cycle, and I've had no hair loss. Though I'm on dutasteride and rogaine foam. It's interesting to note two things though:

1. Hair regrowth has happened MUCH faster than usual (I've been on dutasteride before, and last time it was three months before anything was noticable. A week and a half into The One, and I was noticing it. Now I'm really noticing it)

2. Dutasteride didn't seem to affect my gains in any substantial way. I'm up about 18lbs, and frankly I haven't been eating well the last week (lots of unexpected family-related bills meant I couldn't afford the insane food intake. I'm extending my cycle slightly to compensate for this- just a few days).
  14. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by KDLMaj View Post
    1. Hair regrowth has happened MUCH faster than usual (I've been on dutasteride before, and last time it was three months before anything was noticable. A week and a half into The One, and I was noticing it. Now I'm really noticing it)
    I noticed that I needed to shave more frequently. When i'm not using The ONE, I can skip a day and its not bad. On it, I can't skip a day without looking pretty scruffy
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

15. Quote Originally Posted by BBR View Post
    And do you suffer from MPB??
    Well, I am just shy of four weeks in. Gained roughly 18lbs, and I'm very much suffering from MPB- so -I'm a good test case.

I did start dutasteride a month prior to this, and a week in I started using rogaine foam on top of it.

My hair is growing back VERY quickly.

I've been on dutasteride before, and I can definitely say I've had more growth in the last two months than I had in six months last time.

So I think it's safe to say that The One isn't causing hair loss, and if anything it may very well be helping.

God I am going to miss this stuff!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. HGH and hair loss
    By Matt Skiba in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 05:43 AM
  2. Ten Causes of Hair Loss
    By jannkahon in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 06:30 PM
  3. Hair Loss