The One and 2nd Gear

Heracles25

Heracles25

Awards
Yes more questions lol.

Guys who have used this how did you dose it? I see the half life is between 8-10 hrs. I will be using max dose 4 caps. 2 caps 2 times a day sound good? Or 1 cap 4x a day?

I will be stacking 2nd gear with BioForge. I am currently using BioForge and love it. For anyone who doesn't know whats in it here it is.

Forslean (20% forskolin) - 250mg
Epimedium (40% icariin) - 400mg
Indole-3-carbinol - 300mg
OptiZinc - 50mg

Per 2 caps.

Should I taper this down and not taper the 2nd gear? How would you guys dose these together?

Thanks! I am looking forward to doing this in the near future.

Heracles25

Heracles25

Awards
BTW Dirk very nice and informative podcast you did!

Heracles25

Heracles25

Awards
Ok here is my plan when I get ready to run the one.

Cycle-

The One- 4 caps a day 2 caps 2x a day- For 27 days. 1 bottle at 4 caps.

Supports-

SAMe- 400mg daily- Big fan of this stuff.
Hawthrone Berry- I run it pretty much daily anyway.

PCT-

weeks 1-3: 4 Bio Forge/day
week 2-5: 1 2nd gear/day

Thoughts?

xtyler

xtyler

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok here is my plan when I get ready to run the one.

Cycle-

The One- 4 caps a day 2 caps 2x a day- For 27 days. 1 bottle at 4 caps.

Supports-

SAMe- 400mg daily- Big fan of this stuff.
Hawthrone Berry- I run it pretty much daily anyway.

PCT-

weeks 1-3: 4 Bio Forge/day
week 2-5: 1 2nd gear/day

Thoughts?
Sounds tasty :D

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I would suggest starting off at 3 caps for a few days and check out if you have any problems, then from there increase. Otherwise, Good luck and hit me up via PM or this thread if you have any more questions.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I like your plan bud. If you should any help, or have questions...ask away here.

Cheers!:cheers:

Heracles25

Heracles25

Awards
I didn't know my thread got bumped. Thanks for the replies fellas. Once I get ready to do this I will log it here as well as bb.com.

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Question - looking to do 3 a day.

Should I take all 3 in the morning or 2 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Question - looking to do 3 a day.

Should I take all 3 in the morning or 2 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon?
You can do either. Start off with 3 caps first thing in the morning. If you start experiencing any lethargy then go to splitting the dose into 2 caps first thing in the morning, and then 1 caps 4-6 hours later.

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
Have this and 2nd Gear on hand for a future run (Thanks, NP!). Questions: Should/can I run five caps due to my weight? Also, what is the maximum (in weeks) I can run this? Just curious. Thanks...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have this and 2nd Gear on hand for a future run (Thanks, NP!). Questions: Should/can I run five caps due to my weight? Also, what is the maximum (in weeks) I can run this? Just curious. Thanks...
4 caps is the MAXIMUM recommended dosage ANYone should use.

5 weeks is the MAXIMUM period over which you should run The ONE.

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
4 caps is the MAXIMUM recommended dosage ANYone should use.

5 weeks is the MAXIMUM period over which you should run The ONE.
Thanks for responding so quickly. I will definitely follow this protocol. I guess I'd have to invest in another bottle to run it for five weeks at 4 caps a day, unless my math is wrong; I'd just have 3/4 of a bottle left over for another future run.

pfafkl13

Awards
Don't you want to run 2nd gear from the1st week of PCT and not wait?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for responding so quickly. I will definitely follow this protocol. I guess I'd have to invest in another bottle to run it for five weeks at 4 caps a day, unless my math is wrong; I'd just have 3/4 of a bottle left over for another future run.
One bottle lasts ~4 weeks at 4 caps a day, so I would recommend that you just use it for 4 weeks.

Don't you want to run 2nd gear from the1st week of PCT and not wait?
You would start 2nd GEAR from the day after the day that you took your last dose of The ONE.

rush808

rush808

Awards
Does "The 1" need a SERM for PCT? or 2nd Gear is enough?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does "The 1" need a SERM for PCT? or 2nd Gear is enough?
No, The ONE does NOt need a SERM. As long as you follow the PCT recommendations (2nd GEAR and a testosterone booster (plus your staples) as a minimum) you should be fine.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Mr_Tee

Awards
So how is this guy getting on so far, not given up, has he?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Umberto

Umberto

Awards
I have been impressed with the logs and reviews on the one and am planning on using this product very soon for recomp.

MY QUESTION IS: What is the science behind not using a SERM for the product for PCT. This is a WIDELY accepted standard for DS/PH. It is repeatedly encouraged and most believe it is necessary.
6-bromo is a good AI with very low toxicity compared to other AIs. But it just doesnt make sense to me to not use a SERM inversely ramped with a AI.
It seems to be a missing ingredient. And You guys have repeated say a SERM isnt nescessary. This seems counter productive and counter intuitive. Am I missing something? I could be.
Im not being a nay sayer, as I intensely look forward to using The ONE/ Second Gear.
I just want a good scientific reason not to use SERM, other wise I will plan a PCT with SERM.

Please educate me, fill me in.
BTW im listening to the "SUPERHUMAN RADIO review on the ONE". If this answers my question Ill edit my post.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The ONE is a non-aromatizable, 5 alpha-reduced compound

Thank you thank you, too kind!
No worries.

I have been impressed with the logs and reviews on the one and am planning on using this product very soon for recomp.

MY QUESTION IS: What is the science behind not using a SERM for the product for PCT. This is a WIDELY accepted standard for DS/PH. It is repeatedly encouraged and most believe it is necessary.
6-bromo is a good AI with very low toxicity compared to other AIs. But it just doesnt make sense to me to not use a SERM inversely ramped with a AI.
It seems to be a missing ingredient. And You guys have repeated say a SERM isnt nescessary. This seems counter productive and counter intuitive. Am I missing something? I could be.
Im not being a nay sayer, as I intensely look forward to using The ONE/ Second Gear.
I just want a good scientific reason not to use SERM, other wise I will plan a PCT with SERM.

Please educate me, fill me in.
BTW im listening to the "SUPERHUMAN RADIO review on the ONE". If this answers my question Ill edit my post.
The science behind NOT using a SERM for PCT is because The ONE is a non-aromatizable, 5 alpha-reduced compound.

A brief article below, written specifically for this explanation:

What is the physiological reason that a non-aromatizable 5a-reduced compound cannot give you gyno?

Written by Rosie Chee, BExSpSc
April 2009

What is gyno?

"Gyno" is short for gynecomastia. Gynecomastia is the benign unilateral or bilateral glandular proliferation of the breast tissue in a male[1,2,3].

Pathophysiology of gyno?

Gynecomastia can be caused by a number of factors, including an increase in serum estrogen concentration[1,3], a decrease in serum androgen concentration[1,4], androgen-receptor problem[1,4], genetic variants in aromatase enzymes[5,6], adrenal disorders[3], hypersensitive breast tissue[1], certain drugs, and marijuana use[3]. The most common cause of gynecomastia is the imbalance of hormones, with an increase in estrogenic effects relative to androgenic action at the breast tissue[4,7].

What does 'non-aromatizable' mean?

Non-aromatizable means that the compound has aromatase inhibiting properties; therefore no estrogen transformation can occur from androgens[8].

What is a 5a-reduced compound?

DHT is a potent non-aromatizable androgen receptor agonist[9]. 17a-methyl-etioallocholan-17b-ol-3-hydroxyimine (i.e. The ONE) is a 5a-reduced derivative of DHT. Although a 5a-reduced androgen compound can be metabolized into other androgenic compounds, it cannot aromatize to estrogens[8], because it lacks the capacity to interact with the 5a reductase enzyme, and the 5a-reduction process is an irreversible pathway.

How does a 5a-reduced compound work?

5a-reduced compounds, like most androgens, bind to androgen receptors. 5a-reduced compounds display a stronger binding affinity for intracellular androgen receptors[10,11], and 5a-reduced derivatives of DHT are potent androgens[12].

Why can a non-aromatizable 5a-reduced compound not cause gynecomastia?

The physiological reason that a non-aromatizable 5a-reduced compound cannot give you gynecomastia is because that compound creates the opposite hormonal environment for gynecomastia to form - i.e. no conversion of androgens to estrogen, greater binding affinity to the androgen receptors, greater androgenic potency, etc.; and once a compound has become 5a-reduced this is an irreversible process.

REFERENCE LIST

1 Braunstein, G. D. (1993). Gynecomastia. The New England Journal of Medicine, 328(7). (p. 490-495).
2 Czajka I. & Zgliczyński W. (2005). Gynecomastia: pathogenesis, diagnosis and treatment. Endokrynol Pol, 56(3). (p. 269-277).
3 Marieb, E. (2004). Human anatomy and physiology (6th ed.). San Fransisco, CA, USA: Pearson Benjamin Cummings.
4 Narula, H. S. & Carlson, H. E. (2007). Gynecomastia. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am, 36(2). (p. 497-519).
5 Hutchison JB. (1993) Aromatase: Neuromodulator in the Control of Behavior. Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 44 (4-6). (p. 509-520).
6 Shinoda K. (1994) Brain Aromatization and its Associated .Structures. Endocrine Journal, 41(2). (p. 115-138).
7 Mathur, R. & Braunstein, G. D. (1997). Gynecomastia: Pathomechanisms and treatment strategies. Horm Res, 48(3). (p. 95-102).
8 Smith, S. S. (2003). Neurosteroid effects in the central nervous system. Brooklyn, New york, USA: CRC Press.
9 Shilling, A. D. & Williams, D. E. (2000). The non-aromatizable androgen, dihydrotestosterone, induces antiestrogenic responses in the rainbow trout. Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 74(4). (p. 187-194).
10 Lemus, A. M., Enríquez, J., García, G. A., Grillasca, I. & Pérez-Palacios, G. (1997). 5α-Reduction of norethisterone enhances its binding affinity for androgen receptors but diminishes its androgenic potency. The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 60(1-2). (p. 121-129).
11 Tóth, M. & Zakár, T. (1982). Relative binding affinities of testosterone, 19-nortestosterone and their 5 alpha-reduced derivatives to the androgen receptor and to other androgen-binding proteins: a suggested role of 5 alpha-reductive steroid metabolism in the dissociation of "myotropic" and "androgenic" activities of 19-nortestosterone. J Steroid Biochem, 17(6). (p. 653-660).
12 Steimer, T. H. (1993). Steroid hormone metabolism. In A. Campana, J.J. Dreifuss, P. Sizonenko, J.D. Vassalli, J. Villar (Eds.). Reproductive Health. Ares-Serono Symposia Series - Frontiers in Endocrinology, 2. Rome: Ares Serono Symposia Publications.

As a side note:
oxymetholone (anadrol) is the only 5-alpha reduced compound that can allow for gyno-type symptoms- this is due to a hydroxymethylene attachment on C2- no other DHT-derived compound has this structure- A-50 can act on the E receptor b/c of it

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

westpalisade

Awards
Milk Thistle is recommended for liver support during the cycle. How much of it (mg) will I need to take? I read in one of the threads here which mentioned 1000 mg, but I'm not sure. Thanks.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Milk Thistle is recommended for liver support during the cycle. How much of it (mg) will I need to take? I read in one of the threads here which mentioned 1000 mg, but I'm not sure. Thanks.
the amount of milk thistle is up to you, if you read that 1000mg is the usual dose, then I believe that would be safe to follow.

Umberto

Umberto

Awards
Rosie, lol you answered indirectly here but I think I follow
So if I understand correct this is the logic..........
Since 5A cant aromatize, Estrogen will be low, little to no conversion. (hence no gyno)
More than likely with 5A reduced compounds, Estrogen may indeed be low after a cycle and the typical estrogen rebound wont be as profound. Therefore you dont need a SERM to block off the estrogen receptor, per se. Because you wont encounter such high levels of estrogen.
But how do you jumpstart your own test production? Im not sure if an AI is enough? Am I wrong?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Rosie, lol you answered indirectly here but I think I follow
So if I understand correct this is the logic..........
Since 5A cant aromatize, Estrogen will be low, little to no conversion. (hence no gyno)
More than likely with 5A reduced compounds, Estrogen may indeed be low after a cycle and the typical estrogen rebound wont be as profound. Therefore you dont need a SERM to block off the estrogen receptor, per se. Because you wont encounter such high levels of estrogen.
But how do you jumpstart your own test production? Im not sure if an AI is enough? Am I wrong?
No an AI is not enough, that is why we recommend certain test boosters for PCT

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1.5g (i.e. 1500 mg) of milk thistle daily on-cycle is plenty. 1000 mg is fine.

No an AI is not enough, that is why we recommend certain test boosters for PCT
^^^This is correct. Drive at the MINIMUM is recommended.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Mr_Tee

Awards
So Drive or another "Good" test booster with 2nd gear for 4 weeks then?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So Drive or another "Good" test booster with 2nd gear for 4 weeks then?
Yes. Preferably a testosterone booster that rasies cAMP levels.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Mr_Tee

Awards
"rasies cAMP levels"

Hmmmm, an example of specific products would be???

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"rasies cAMP levels"

Hmmmm, an example of specific products would be???
Any product that contains Forskolin (i.e. Forslean).

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

1234builder

Awards
Will these ever be sold on amazon or some other more mainstream site? Just wondering... I am planning on trying The One this Fall after I have added some more mass.

Mr_Tee

Awards
Take it where you can as long as its the real deal!!!! Amazon, Ha!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will these ever be sold on amazon or some other more mainstream site? Just wondering... I am planning on trying The One this Fall after I have added some more mass.
I don't know, but I doubt it.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

therosser

Awards
so its recommended to take drive as a minimum on pct?

and i was wondering if Universals uni-liver tabs would be enough to use on cycle/pct or if i should get some milk thistle?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so its recommended to take drive as a minimum on pct?

and i was wondering if Universals uni-liver tabs would be enough to use on cycle/pct or if i should get some milk thistle?
Yes, it is recommended to use 2nd GEAR + Drive as a MINIMUM on PCT.

You can use Uni-Liver on-cycle and in PCT.

There is Milk Thistle in 2nd GEAR, so you don't really need a second product with it in.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

therosser

Awards
Is it also recommended to take hawthorn berry? Sorry for the 21 questions, I just wanna make this cycle as perfect as possible to get the best results

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

ctAL

Awards
bump, what about this?

Q: Does The One require Post-Cycle Therapy (PCT)?
A: YES. BELOW ARE TIPS TO MAXIMIZE RECOVERY & MAINTAIN GAINS POST-CYCLE:

Take 2nd Gear by Applied Nutriceuticals as directed (Aromatase inhibitor that increases free testosterone with minimal endocrine suppression while protecting and promoting healthy liver function.)

* 6-Bromodioine 50mg
* Milk Thistle
* Avena Sativa
* I3-C (Indole 3-Carbinol)

BIO-MEND and COMPLETE BALANCE as directed on labels

* Prevent calcium leakage from Sarcoplasmic Reticulum
* Helps to maintain cell membrane integrity
* Helps to maintain healthy HDL/LDL levels
* Helps to protect mRNA and DNA
* Helps to keep adequate nutrient profile

OMEGA ESSENTIALS as directed on label

* Increases cell membrane strength
* Helps establish/maintain healthy lipid profiles
* Increases insulin sensitivity

DRIVE as directed on label

* Increases Cyclic AMP (cAMP) which in turn can have stimulatory effects on spermatogenesis
* Increases free testosterone
* Increases thyroid output
* Increases calcium uptake and decreases calcium leakage from sarcoplasmic reticulum (SR) increased calcium storage in SR helps to mediate a non-hormonal anabolic response

IGF-2 as directed on label

* Increases GH output

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Q: Does The One require Post-Cycle Therapy (PCT)?
A: YES. BELOW ARE TIPS TO MAXIMIZE RECOVERY & MAINTAIN GAINS POST-CYCLE:

Take 2nd Gear by Applied Nutriceuticals as directed (Aromatase inhibitor that increases free testosterone with minimal endocrine suppression while protecting and promoting healthy liver function.)

* 6-Bromodioine 50mg
* Milk Thistle
* Avena Sativa
* I3-C (Indole 3-Carbinol)

BIO-MEND and COMPLETE BALANCE as directed on labels

* Prevent calcium leakage from Sarcoplasmic Reticulum
* Helps to maintain cell membrane integrity
* Helps to maintain healthy HDL/LDL levels
* Helps to protect mRNA and DNA
* Helps to keep adequate nutrient profile

OMEGA ESSENTIALS as directed on label

* Increases cell membrane strength
* Helps establish/maintain healthy lipid profiles
* Increases insulin sensitivity

DRIVE as directed on label

* Increases Cyclic AMP (cAMP) which in turn can have stimulatory effects on spermatogenesis
* Increases thyroid output
* Increases calcium uptake and decreases calcium leakage from sarcoplasmic reticulum (SR) increased calcium storage in SR helps to mediate a non-hormonal anabolic response

IGF-2 as directed on label

* Increases GH output
What about it? This is our recommendations for PCT for The ONE. If you look around you will see that there is a thread detailing PCT: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/applied-nutriceuticals/127058-best-pct-one.html. AND it is also in http://anabolicminds.com/forum/applied-nutriceuticals/122506-right-way-gain.html.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

ctAL

Awards
good info i just ordered the one and 2nd gear last night

never used PH in my life but this one sounds good and will be discontinued?

ill sit on it for a while or maybe start in oct/nov.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good info i just ordered the one and 2nd gear last night

never used PH in my life but this one sounds good and will be discontinued?

ill sit on it for a while or maybe start in oct/nov.
From all accounts and results from users, yes, The ONE IS "good" :D

And yes, it is being discontinued.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Shottablank

Awards
Im in the start of my 3rd week, and have not gained or lost any weight. Got a lot stronger and a little bit more lean. Is this it

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im in the start of my 3rd week, and have not gained or lost any weight. Got a lot stronger and a little bit more lean. Is this it
If you have not gained or lost any weight, but have got leaner, then that means that you are successfully recomping - gaining muscle and losing bodyfat. That, along with strength gains, is a good thing.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

jnthnkrr1985

jnthnkrr1985

Awards
does anyone know why thay stop selling THE ONE 2ND GEAR?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
does anyone know why thay stop selling THE ONE 2ND GEAR?
We discontinued those products last year; this has been covered before.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT