The One and HST

herewego

Awards
Just curious if anyone could help me out with this. I have trained in basic HST style for a couple rounds now and have seen some good results in both size and strength. I am about to start my 3rd round of HST and was wanting to incorporate The One into my training. I am just wanting some thoughts on when it would be most beneficial to start, or if it would be better going with a more standard 'to failure' routine.
Easy, I know you mentioned you were doing full body routines, so I am interested in yours and anybody elses responses.

Thanks

grocker

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I would go with a standard "to failure" routine while on the One. The reason is because your strength will be increasing so the weight you set on your HST program will not be enough and you will more than likely increase the weight. This happened to me when I threw in Prime (not trying to compare Prime to the One) on my 3rd week of HST and ended up modify the program increasing weights and adding exercise cuz it felt like it just wasn't enough. At the end of the 3rd week of Prime, I had burned out and was forced to take a week off cuz I was unmotivated to hit the weights.

I'm on my 2nd week of HST after being off of it for about 4 months now, and plan to hit up the One after this HST cycle but I'm also interested to hear what others have to say about this.