IGF 2 tiredness and gyno

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    I'm on day 5 of IGF-2 now and i've noticed better sleep already, plus more dreaming too!
    Yep, you start noticing results re sleep and recovery (and muscle hardness) in a few days of using it
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

2. Mucuna Pruriens contains highly active amounts of L-DOPA [levodopa], a direct amino-acid derivative of L-Tyrosine, and the body's direct precursor to Dopamine synthesis. This is important to the discussion as L-DOPA displays a marked ability to increase Testosterone and LH in healthy, normal males, through the inhibition of PRL [prolactin]; it does so by increasing Dopamine production in the hypothalamus. In turn, Dopamine site-binds to D2 [dopamine] receptors found on the anterior pituitary cells responsible for PRL secretion, "lactotropes". This direct site-binding by Dopamine alters Ca2+ currents in the lactotropes, and also promotes a reorganization of protein lines responsible for cell structure. In combination, this inhibits PRL secretion and promotes healthy LH, and Testosterone synthesis.

Now, I say this because PRL is also known to increase the expression of ER-A [estrogen receptor alpha], the estrogen receptor sub-type responsible for the proliferation of breast-cancer cells. The selective modulation of this receptor is the target of certain drugs in the drug-class SERMs [selective estrogen receptor modulator]. The inhibition of PRL, therefore, has been demonstrated to decrease ER-A sensitivity to estradiol [estrogen] and decrease ER-A related gene expression. In concert, these inhibitory effects on PRL would most likely attenuate breast-glandular expansion [i.e., development of breast tissue associated with gynecomastia].

In simpler terms, Mucuna is highly unlikely to promote gynecomastia, and it all likelihood works to decrease factors that promote it.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Mucuna Pruriens contains highly active amounts of L-DOPA [levodopa], a direct amino-acid derivative of L-Tyrosine, and the body's direct precursor to Dopamine synthesis. This is important to the discussion as L-DOPA displays a marked ability to increase Testosterone and LH in healthy, normal males, through the inhibition of PRL [prolactin]; it does so by increasing Dopamine production in the hypothalamus. In turn, Dopamine site-binds to D2 [dopamine] receptors found on the anterior pituitary cells responsible for PRL secretion, "lactotropes". This direct site-binding by Dopamine alters Ca2+ currents in the lactotropes, and also promotes a reorganization of protein lines responsible for cell structure. In combination, this inhibits PRL secretion and promotes healthy LH, and Testosterone synthesis.

Now, I say this because PRL is also known to increase the expression of ER-A [estrogen receptor alpha], the estrogen receptor sub-type responsible for the proliferation of breast-cancer cells. The selective modulation of this receptor is the target of certain drugs in the drug-class SERMs [selective estrogen receptor modulator]. The inhibition of PRL, therefore, has been demonstrated to decrease ER-A sensitivity to estradiol [estrogen] and decrease ER-A related gene expression. In concert, these inhibitory effects on PRL would most likely attenuate breast-glandular expansion [i.e., development of breast tissue associated with gynecomastia].

In simpler terms, Mucuna is highly unlikely to promote gynecomastia, and it all likelihood works to decrease factors that promote it.
    yes sir! That is why I don't understand how they could have received gyno from igf-2. If anything it would reduce it....
    ☣☣☣☣Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative☣☣☣☣
    Mesomorph | Hemavo2 | Endurance | 100% Whey Protean | REM 8.0

4. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    yes sir! That is why I don't understand how they could have received gyno from igf-2. If anything it would reduce it....
    I agree it's very unlikely anybody would suffer gynecomastia directly from Mucuna, but the biochemistry of predisposed users may be easily offset! In an individual with pubertal gynecomastia or a history of steroid-induced gynecomastia, the promotion of testosterone by Mucuna [shown to be substantial even in non-pathological states] could lead to a rise in estradiol - coupled with extremely sensitive receptors, gynecomastia could erupt. This would most definitely take a confluence of a wide-range of gynecomastia-attractive factors, though; factors which aren't at play in the general pop.

5. Yah, that was the only way I could see it happening too, and it just seems farfetched. Literally if you were that sensitive a change in your saturated fats dietary intake could bring on a gyno "attack", or taking 50mg DHEA a day
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    BETTER, actually. I have used Lipotrophin-PM as a standalone and my sleep was noticeably different in only a couple of days; the stuff is honestly worth its weight in gold to me.
    Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
    Thanks. I'll give it a shot.
    Let us know how it works out for you.

Cheers!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. igf-1 and gyno
    By stumbras in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-09-2006, 03:19 PM
  2. IGF and gyno
    By madhouseclown in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2004, 11:51 AM
  3. t4 and gyno chances
    By corteztk1982 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2003, 02:26 AM
  4. IGF-1 and its analogue(LR3IGF-I) and sides?
    By Achilles in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2003, 12:33 AM
  5. Zantac and Gyno?!
    By jweave23 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2003, 01:31 PM