What the hell? (RPM) - AnabolicMinds.com

What the hell? (RPM)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Banned

What the hell? (RPM)

Ok.. 1. Since when was RPM reformulated?

40% Icariin? and it's the 3rd ingredient now? L-arginine and Grapeseed above it???

ALSO my bottle didnt really look "full", I opened it up, bam, the seal came RIGHT OFF with the bottle... wtf??

Now i gotta count 200 some pills to see if they're all here, cause they sure don't look all here.. ugh..

Anyway what gives with the reformulation? I hope the product is as good, on nutra it lists 50% Icariin, etc, just like the old one...

ALSO THE grapeseed went from 98% to 95%. =(

2. Banned

I just counted, 244pills. LOL I'm not complaining about that.

But whyyy the reformulation and is there the sammmme benefit because I just had the workout of my life yesterday with the original RPM!
  3. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

It's better! THere's a writeup with the changes in this forum, sorry can't find it right now but you can try
    •   

4. Banned

The Methyl AMP Complex changed too.. did it?

before it was chocamine and caffeine, is it still the same just different wording??
  5. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    It's better! THere's a writeup with the changes in this forum, sorry can't find it right now but you can try
    I'm trying to search for it, no luck so far, I would really like to see that.. any ideas how to find it easily (what to search for, where to search?)
  6. Banned

bump

?
  7. New Member

So who loves RPM? Big Block Edition soon to come!

Don't know if this is what you were looking for. It is on the second page somewhat near the bottom.
  8. Banned

Thanks, that explains the caffeine and chocamine but not why they reduced Icariin from 50% to 40% and made it the second last ingredient ???

I just now read someone who said they don't get the same alphamale feeling from the NEW rpm too... =[
  9. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

Here's the skinny:

Easy question first: "Why the hell is it called Big Block?"
    Answer: It's an automotive analogy. (I guess you're not a gearhead...LOL) Back in the day during the reign of muscle cars, the big block V8s ruled the road. Ford 429s and 460s, Mopar 383s and 440s (and of course the 426 hemi), and Chevy 427s and 454s. Muscle cars...big blocks...you get the picture.

As for the chocamine: The original version contained the patented version of cocoa extract; Chocamine, which is standardized to 12% theobromine. Availability became unreliable plus the price went up every time we ordered it, so we had to seek alternatives. Standard cocao extract is standardized to 10% theobromine, so we made up the difference with pure theobromine - in fact we added a little more than that - so it's actually a little more potent than the original. All other main constituents are pretty much the same in either extract.

Methyl xanthine caffeine vs. "regular" caffeine: It's the same caffeine. No change in the capsule, only how it's written on the label. Our attorney now reviews all of our labels for DSHEA compliance, and use of the most common name is preferred.

240-Count DRIVE: On it's way. We call it "OVERDRIVE". (Another automotive analogy...LOL)

Hope that clears everything up.
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  10. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    Here's the skinny:

Easy question first: "Why the hell is it called Big Block?"
    Answer: It's an automotive analogy. (I guess you're not a gearhead...LOL) Back in the day during the reign of muscle cars, the big block V8s ruled the road. Ford 429s and 460s, Mopar 383s and 440s (and of course the 426 hemi), and Chevy 427s and 454s. Muscle cars...big blocks...you get the picture.

As for the chocamine: The original version contained the patented version of cocoa extract; Chocamine, which is standardized to 12% theobromine. Availability became unreliable plus the price went up every time we ordered it, so we had to seek alternatives. Standard cocao extract is standardized to 10% theobromine, so we made up the difference with pure theobromine - in fact we added a little more than that - so it's actually a little more potent than the original. All other main constituents are pretty much the same in either extract.

Methyl xanthine caffeine vs. "regular" caffeine: It's the same caffeine. No change in the capsule, only how it's written on the label. Our attorney now reviews all of our labels for DSHEA compliance, and use of the most common name is preferred.

240-Count DRIVE: On it's way. We call it "OVERDRIVE". (Another automotive analogy...LOL)

It clears the second part of my question up, but what about the Icariin reduced from 50% to 40%?? This wasn't listed on Nutra when I bought it, it was listed as 50%! But why did you guys change that?
  11. New Member

Thanks, that explains the caffeine and chocamine but not why they reduced Icariin from 50% to 40% and made it the second last ingredient ???

I just now read someone who said they don't get the same alphamale feeling from the NEW rpm too... =[
  12. Banned

Apparently.. from my answer on BB.COM.. they cut the Icariin so people could stack it with DRIVE and they wouldn't be getting too much Icariin.. but yet, they keep the price the same.. and say it's BETTER... I smell bull****? =/
  13. New Member

Yes the fact the rep completely ignores this question, makes it even more so.
  14. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

I see your overdrive, and I raise you an OVERDRIVE: IN STOCK NOW AT NUTRAPLANET
  15. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiyca View Post
    Apparently.. from my answer on BB.COM.. they cut the Icariin so people could stack it with DRIVE and they wouldn't be getting too much Icariin.. but yet, they keep the price the same.. and say it's BETTER... I smell bull****? =/
    cry?
  16. Banned

cry?
    Uhhh??

Of any rep, from any company out there, you HAVE GOT to be the biggest douchebottle.

Congrats!
  17. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

thank you

i try hard

each year there is an award given to the biggest douchebottle

its usually nominated by some cry baby on the board. Last yr i was 3rd place

thank you for the nomination
    2008 was a great yr. ill prep my speech
  18. Banned

thank you

i try hard

each year there is an award given to the biggest douchebottle

its usually nominated by some cry baby on the board. Last yr i was 3rd place

thank you for the nomination
    2008 was a great yr. ill prep my speech
    I can rest assured you don't represent AP when you resort to name calling of a longtime customer who has some questions and concerns about new product formulas, because god forbid, if you did, that would make the company look real UNPROFESSIONAL now wouldn't it?
  19. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

i dunno who AP is

but you whined and called bull**** when you got your explanation

i call a spade a spade when i see it.

would you rather someone sugar coat everything they say to u to help your fragile ego or would you rather people be real with it

i dont sugar coat ****. i speak my mind. people who grow up coddled thier whole life whine and cry like little girls when they dont get soemthing sugar coated

don came on explain the paltry 10% deduction you cried like a girl and called bull****

i spoke my mind and didnt sugar coat ****. you got defensive and started name calling

i call a spade a spade you cant handle the internet criticism lol
  20. Banned

i dunno who AP is

but you whined and called bull**** when you got your explanation

i call a spade a spade when i see it.

would you rather someone sugar coat everything they say to u to help your fragile ego or would you rather people be real with it

i dont sugar coat ****. i speak my mind. people who grow up coddled thier whole life whine and cry like little girls when they dont get soemthing sugar coated

don came on explain the paltry 10% deduction you cried like a girl and called bull****

i spoke my mind and didnt sugar coat ****. you got defensive and started name calling

i call a spade a spade you cant handle the internet criticism lol
    AP are the initials for the company you're a rep for.. you didn't know this?

If you actually read the thread, I said, and I quote "Thank you very very much " when I got my explanation.

Then someone made a post about how it seemed kinda shady how they would decrease the quality ingredients and extracts just so they can "stack" it with other products without being too strong thus making the product theoretically less effective and still keeping the same price, which I thought about and I can see his point and I do agree with it.

I don't see how anyone could say this is a "good" thing for the buyer, unless you buy 2+3 products and stack them.. then, maybe... but it seems the regular buyer gets left out to dry with a slightly lesser product.

Anyway, I still think you're an ass.

However I will test this new RPM formula out RIGHT ****in now.

3caps just because I need to sleep relatively soon.. I just hope this is as effective as the regular formula as I have just paid 60dollars for this bottle, you understand?

21. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

well AP isnt the initials of the company I rep for the company i rep for is A pplied N utriceuticals

AN however you seem like a guy who needs to get the last word in so go ahead
  22. Banned

ROFL.

AN.. right... ****.

</fail
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.

If the jibba-jabba is done, can I ask what the problem with too much Icariin is?
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

There was no change in caffeine.

Many of the changes were just how the information is arranged. The earlier label was done before we hired a law firm who specializes in DSHEA compliance and other legal issues pertaining to our industry. They reviewed the label and helped us develop the later version, which has a considerable number of changes. For example the warning label is far more detailed and specific, the "dietary supplement" indication was added in the bottom center, and the supplement facts had many adjustments made to make it compliant. Simply put, the old label wasn't compliant and the new one is.

The actual formula changes are as follows:

Former icariin was Epimedium Sagittarium (50% icariin)
    Current icariin is Epimedium Brevicorium (40% icariin). We observed that the effects of the latter very closely resemble that of the former. The main reason we changed was that there was a small risk that if you stacked RPM and DRIVE together above the maximum recommended dose of each, it was possible to experience mild negative side effects which were consistant with taking excessive doses of icariin. We have not been able to reproduce those effects with the 40% version.

The only other change was the original used Chocamine brand cocoa extract, standardized to 12% theobromine. We experienced a variety of supplier issues in sourcing Chocomine, so we were forced to find a new supply. The result was generic cocoa extract (standardized to 7% theobromine) then added in pure (99%) theobromine to bring it back up to the same level as the original version. So, in essence there was no change there other than how it is displayed on the label.

We have been manufacturing the latter formula for just under a year with no changes since, so those who have been using RPM in that time frame have been getting the current version. In fact, over 80% of all the RPM ever sold is the current version.

Hope that clears everything up!

In case Ubiyca didn't get the memo, there it is in black and white. And for everyone else whinging about 'label change, ooo, my RPM doesn't feel the same now', read the bold, and enjoy your massive placebo effect.

Douchebottles.
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  242 lbs.

old or new rpm, it still kicks ass!

cheers
  26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

agreed! ^
  27. AN Rep

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    agreed! ^
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  151 lbs.

Unprofessional at its best!
  29. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by eledwin View Post
    strong bump on 3rd post

eat a **** troll
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

strong bump on 3rd post

eat a **** troll
    I love these reps LMFAO
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

This thread rocks. I love these things.
  32. Banned

Agreed! I am guilty of the same love of arguement threads!

F**K I need to grow up I know.
  33. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by eledwin View Post
    Huh?

What part, our thorough explanation or your vague, inane comment? (Rhetorical question in case you can't figure that out, troll.)
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I'll ask what bionic has asked and as well as what was asked by the guy who used the wrong company abbreviation

1. What is the effect from too much icariin

2. Does lowering this effect by 10% much of an effect?

I know it will vary from product to product as well as which particular ingredient we're discussing but i've seen from various companies advertisement on % extracts as a reason why to buy over another company's product. When questions are either shrugged off or not answered directly it can cause confusion. Trying to answer a question when it is in the middle of a insult is hard, I know. However, when consumers/forum members read threads like this or others and try to figure out what they're getting or should be getting it makes it difficult to carry that information to other products...

Example

A customer buys one product that states it's use of 98% extract is better than everyone else's 94% version. They start to believe that % level means the difference. Then they come across another product that lowers it's % but says the product still works just as well. It's easy to send and receive mixed messages when we forget that most consumers are not scientists and do not sort through PUBMED on a daily basis. they go off feedback, message boards and product information.

Just my 2 cents anyways.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  151 lbs.

Immature at its finest.
  36. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    1. What is the effect from too much icariin

2. Does lowering this effect by 10% much of an effect?
    1. We had a few guys say it made them feel "loopy"; I.e. Slight lightheadedness and seeing spots. All of the occurremnces were immediately after we launched DRVE and people started stacking the two together. I personally experienced it but only after intentionally taking a mega-dose (5 RPM and 10 DRIVE) to see what they were talking about. It wasn't at all uncomfotatbel and didn't inhibit my ability to function, drive a car, etc. but we felt we should take a precautionary step nevertheless.

2. When we substituted the original Epimedium Sagittarium (50% icariin) for the new Epimedium Brevicorium (40% icariin) we found the effects to be virtually identical, but could not duplicate the "loopiness" described above when taking the same 5/10 cap dose - so it satisfied our goal. Of course there may be individuals who think otherwise, and it is not unreasonable to believe that some may react slightly differently than others. We're confident it will exert the same effects as the original formula.

When this first surfaced last year we were accused of watering down our formula, etc. I want to clearly explain that the price variance between the original 50% and the current 40% is negligible, and we've absorbed price increases far larger than that on various ingredients over the years to keep our prices competitive to our customers. It's not a cost thing. It's a safety thing.

Hope that helps,

Don
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiyca View Post
    I just counted, 244pills. LOL I'm not complaining about that.
    How long did that take?
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Helps 100% Don, thanks for the clarification. Hopefully others find that explanation as thorough and helpful as I did.
  39. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Helps 100% Don, thanks for the clarification. Hopefully others find that explanation as thorough and helpful as I did.
    You're welcome!
  40. Banned

You could trim this whole thread down to 2 posts...jay's question and Don's answer!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hell No!
    By Zero V in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 10:09 PM
  2. What the Hell is Going On.....?
    By WannabeBatman in forum Bulking
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 03:03 PM
  3. What in the hell?
    By Iron Lungz in forum Forum Suggestions and News