BAIBA explained visually

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. I took 20mg a day of gw for a while last summer. Aside from countering the cardio and lipid sides of tren, it was useless to me for fatloss. I didn't see anything 3xtrodinary from it. I can get it cheap as hell, and I can assure you, it's still not worth it. Baiba is the golden child as far as I'm concerned.
    Everything I say is fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Do not ask me for sources. I dont have any.

2. BAIBA explained visually

Quote Originally Posted by henryv View Post
    PPAR beta/delta isn't just involved in lipid metabolism. It's also involved in things like skin and the immune system (see for example: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20300524).
    I don't really want to derail the thread though.
    PPAR-alpha (BAIBA) and gamma for that matter are also involved in many other systems.

Ok, I respect your wish not to derail. Sure would be great to hear you opine on this matter though.

Thanks
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    I would personally stay away from GW after all the research I did. I had opportunities to take it for free and didn't..
    Mate of mine just finished 6 weeks, noticed no sides. He also didn't notice much from it at all! Funny enough, he's super fit naturally and claimed he actually struggled cardio wise on it, compared to off it. Hows that? :|

4. Quote Originally Posted by AdelV View Post
    Mate of mine just finished 6 weeks, noticed no sides. He also didn't notice much from it at all! Funny enough, he's super fit naturally and claimed he actually struggled cardio wise on it, compared to off it. Hows that? :|
    Interesting.

What was his diet like at the time (cut/recomp/bulk)?

Thanks man.
    Olympus Labs Representative
    Olympus Labs - Turning Men Into Demigods
    BOXER30 TO SAVE 30% OFF OLYMPUS LABS ITEMS

5. Quote Originally Posted by kboxer7 View Post
    Interesting.

What was his diet like at the time (cut/recomp/bulk)?

Thanks man.
    No idea, he normally eats below maintenance as he's not a huge eater.

He's taken OSTA RX before, and noticed a huge difference during that.

But he said nothing crazy during MK /GW at all.
    •   

6. I noticed no effects on cardio what so ever
  7. BAIBA explained visually

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    I noticed no effects on cardio what so ever
    The purported endurance benefits were blown way out of proportion. Isn't a fat loss miracle either.

It's good at fat loss, but like anything it takes months, and its understandable why some decide the risks don't outweigh the benefits.

P.S. I grabbed two tubs of BAIBA to try out : )
  8. BAIBA explained visually

Quote Originally Posted by kboxer7 View Post
    The purported endurance benefits were blown way out of proportion. Isn't a fat loss miracle either.

It's good at fat loss, but like anything it takes months, and its understandable why some decide the risks don't outweigh the benefits.

P.S. I grabbed two tubs of BAIBA to try out : )
    Risks of BAIBA?

9. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Risks of BAIBA?
    Nope, my bad...I was referring to @AdelV who was talking about GW.

No "known" risks with BAIBA that I am aware of, but no human studies yet either. With regards to PPAR agonists, most I've seen tend to have some type of negative consequence (the ones that work anyway).

Take the following cases:

a. GW: The whole cancer thing (not interested in debating this, just throwing it out there)
    b. TTA: leads to impaired cardiac efficiency in "non-diabetic" subjects

I'm personally choosing to run them all sparingly and will rotate compounds as well. Prob just playing it safe, but that's my choice.

All the best man.
  10. BAIBA explained visually

Any problems with running Biaba with epiandro for extra fat loss?

11. Quote Originally Posted by DWeaver View Post
    Any problems with running Biaba with epiandro for extra fat loss?
    I wouldn't expect any problems. If you try it, let us know how you get on.

12. Quote Originally Posted by henryv View Post
    I wouldn't expect any problems. If you try it, let us know how you get on.
    What I'll probably do is run one tub solo, then later on run the epiandro together. I've never ran epiandro so I couldn't give you a true review.

13. Quote Originally Posted by DWeaver View Post
    What I'll probably do is run one tub solo, then later on run the epiandro together. I've never ran epiandro so I couldn't give you a true review.
    Great idea. Better to see how it treats you alone so you know what it does.
    Black Lion Representative
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to

14. lol.. loved the back story in the beginning!

Do we know how BAIBA attenuates fat storage? Also does it have any effects on lipolysis or oxidation?

Sorry, too lazy/busy to read references
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

15. Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    Great idea. Better to see how it treats you alone so you know what it does.
    Exactly

16. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    lol.. loved the back story in the beginning!

Do we know how BAIBA attenuates fat storage? Also does it have any effects on lipolysis or oxidation?

Sorry, too lazy/busy to read references
    Well now, that's a good question - and it kind of depends on who you ask. Forgive the narrative answer, but I can't think of a better example of how the prevailing winds of scientific thinking affect understanding of a molecule's mechanism(s) of action.

In the first instance, as was described in the 'cartoons' at the start of the thread, BAIBA's potential for influencing weight loss/gain was first discovered as it's a metabolic byproduct of some thymine-based antiretroviral drugs that seemed to increase wasting of HIV/AIDS patients.
    Those researchers looked at it through the prevailing weight-management 'lens' of the time, which was leptin. First they found that BAIBA reduced fat gain in Swiss mice - that do not present leptin insufficiency - when fed a regular chow (as well as increasing plasma ketone bodies and stimulating FAO in liver mitochondria). (PMID:15535418)
    Then they found that BAIBA was most effective in leptin-deficient (but not knockout) mice, but also "lowered body adiposity by 27% in +/+ (wild-type, i.e. normal) mice fed the same high calorie diet". They point out that BAIBA "can limit body adiposity in the context of adequate leptin expression", that "the beneficial effects of BAIBA on liver could be, at least in part, mediated by increased leptin signalling", and that "some data suggest that BAIBA may have some beneficial effects unrelated to leptin".
    Fast forward to 2014 and the Cell article b-Aminoisobutyric Acid Induces Browning of White Fat and Hepatic b-Oxidation and Is Inversely Correlated with Cardiometabolic Risk Factors (PMID: 24411942)and it's explained that BAIBA, as well as being a catabolite of thymine, is a signalling molecule released from muscles by PGC1a-induced (i.e. exercise-induced) breakdown of amino acids (specifically valine). In this study it's observed that:
    - BAIBA stimulates the differentiation of white fat cells into thermogenic beige/brite fat cells in both in vivo animal experiments and in vitro human stem cell studies.
    - BAIBA is inversely correlated with cardiometabolic risk factors in humans.
    - BAIBA increases hepatic b-oxidation in vitro.
    And that the effects on adipose tissue are PPARa-mediated.
    It's also a partial agonist of the glycine receptor - and just last year the situation became even more confused when BAIBA was identified as an AMPK activator. (PMID: 26105792)

If you decide you do want to do some reading on the subject, there are some good lay articles:
    Molecular Gainz - BAIBA: A new weight loss supplement that might actually work?
    PricePlow - BAIBA: New Ingredient Generates Exercise in a Pill?!
    TFB - What is BAIBA?
    and some free-to-access journal articles:
    β-Aminoisobutyric acid induces browning of white fat and hepatic β-oxidation and is inversely correlated with cardiometabolic risk factors (free pdf)
    Recent data on obesity research: β-aminoisobutyric acid (free pdf)

In the interests of completeness, a critical but flawed appraisal from suppversity: Suppversity - Is BAIBA the next big thing in fat loss?
    In the past couple of weeks ergogenics.org (the original, Dutch version of ergo-log) has written a couple of good articles about BAIBA too:
    Ergogenics - Beta-AIBA, a new weight loss supplement
    Ergogenics - Animal study: BAIBA effective and safe weight loss supplement
    (Unless you speak Dutch you'll need to run them through a translator.)

17. Quote Originally Posted by henryv View Post
    Well now, that's a good question - and it kind of depends on who you ask. Forgive the narrative answer, but I can't think of a better example of how the prevailing winds of scientific thinking affect understanding of a molecule's mechanism(s) of action.

In the first instance, as was described in the 'cartoons' at the start of the thread, BAIBA's potential for influencing weight loss/gain was first discovered as it's a metabolic byproduct of some thymine-based antiretroviral drugs that seemed to increase wasting of HIV/AIDS patients.
    Those researchers looked at it through the prevailing weight-management 'lens' of the time, which was leptin. First they found that BAIBA reduced fat gain in Swiss mice - that do not present leptin insufficiency - when fed a regular chow (as well as increasing plasma ketone bodies and stimulating FAO in liver mitochondria). (PMID:15535418)
    Then they found that BAIBA was most effective in leptin-deficient (but not knockout) mice, but also "lowered body adiposity by 27% in +/+ (wild-type, i.e. normal) mice fed the same high calorie diet". They point out that BAIBA "can limit body adiposity in the context of adequate leptin expression", that "the beneficial effects of BAIBA on liver could be, at least in part, mediated by increased leptin signalling", and that "some data suggest that BAIBA may have some beneficial effects unrelated to leptin".
    Fast forward to 2014 and the Cell article b-Aminoisobutyric Acid Induces Browning of White Fat and Hepatic b-Oxidation and Is Inversely Correlated with Cardiometabolic Risk Factors (PMID: 24411942)and it's explained that BAIBA, as well as being a catabolite of thymine, is a signalling molecule released from muscles by PGC1a-induced (i.e. exercise-induced) breakdown of amino acids (specifically valine). In this study it's observed that:
    - BAIBA stimulates the differentiation of white fat cells into thermogenic beige/brite fat cells in both in vivo animal experiments and in vitro human stem cell studies.
    - BAIBA is inversely correlated with cardiometabolic risk factors in humans.
    - BAIBA increases hepatic b-oxidation in vitro.
    And that the effects on adipose tissue are PPARa-mediated.
    It's also a partial agonist of the glycine receptor - and just last year the situation became even more confused when BAIBA was identified as an AMPK activator. (PMID: 26105792)

If you decide you do want to do some reading on the subject, there are some good lay articles:
    Molecular Gainz - BAIBA: A new weight loss supplement that might actually work?
    PricePlow - BAIBA: New Ingredient Generates Exercise in a Pill?!
    TFB - What is BAIBA?
    and some free-to-access journal articles:
    β-Aminoisobutyric acid induces browning of white fat and hepatic β-oxidation and is inversely correlated with cardiometabolic risk factors (free pdf)
    Recent data on obesity research: β-aminoisobutyric acid (free pdf)

In the interests of completeness, a critical but flawed appraisal from suppversity: Suppversity - Is BAIBA the next big thing in fat loss?
    In the past couple of weeks ergogenics.org (the original, Dutch version of ergo-log) has written a couple of good articles about BAIBA too:
    Ergogenics - Beta-AIBA, a new weight loss supplement
    Ergogenics - Animal study: BAIBA effective and safe weight loss supplement
    (Unless you speak Dutch you'll need to run them through a translator.)
    Awesome post!!!!! Recently i have heard of people sub-q injecting BAIBA, due to "its poor oral bio-availability", and the few that did all said the result were nothing short of amazing. 1 of them compared it to high dosed amour thyroid(aka desiccated pig thyroid gland. It contains high ratio of t3 to t4 and also contains t2 and t1. Most everyone that uses armour says its better then plain t4 or t3) but without eating away at the muscle.

What do you think of that?

18. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Awesome post!!!!! Recently i have heard of people sub-q injecting BAIBA, due to "its poor oral bio-availability", and the few that did all said the result were nothing short of amazing. 1 of them compared it to high dosed amour thyroid(aka desiccated pig thyroid gland. It contains high ratio of t3 to t4 and also contains t2 and t1. Most everyone that uses armour says its better then plain t4 or t3) but without eating away at the muscle.

What do you think of that?
    I would counsel against it in strong terms. There's no evidence that BAIBA has poor oral bioavailability. In every instance of animal research in the literature it has been given orally in drinking water, which is how we recommend βAIBA should be used.

19. Quote Originally Posted by henryv View Post
    I would counsel against it in strong terms. There's no evidence that BAIBA has poor oral bioavailability. In every instance of animal research in the literature it has been given orally in drinking water, which is how we recommend βAIBA should be used.
    That's what i thought as well. Thanks for confirming. Sometimes when i see those type of post, i think they are just posting things to get attention and aren't actually doing what they say they are doing.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Fat-burning explained: Diet, insulin and body fat!
    By windwords7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 01:35 PM
  2. abs explained
    By WiNgS in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 03:35 PM
  3. Training Frequency Explained!
    By YellowJacket in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 04:56 PM
  4. t-3 please explain