Liver Enzymes mainly AST Thoughts?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Red face Liver Enzymes mainly AST Thoughts?

I know AST and ALT are the major markers for damage to the liver. But my AST level was at 50 and the range is 15-37 and I told my retarded doctor AST is in the heart and the muscles and if I am exercising a lot it can show in my liver but the true marker is ALT and it was fine and I take Milk Thistle and LiverCare by himalaya! Should I er on the side of caution and discontinue HRT like he said or continue and he is going to check again in 6 weeks so he isn't to worried I feel like. I am going to continue because my HRT is all most up any who. Please Reply! With thoughts!

2. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bpunisher View Post
    I know AST and ALT are the major markers for damage to the liver. But my AST level was at 50 and the range is 15-37 and I told my retarded doctor AST is in the heart and the muscles and if I am exercising a lot it can show in my liver but the true marker is ALT and it was fine and I take Milk Thistle and LiverCare by himalaya! Should I er on the side of caution and discontinue HRT like he said or continue and he is going to check again in 6 weeks so he isn't to worried I feel like. I am going to continue because my HRT is all most up any who. Please Reply! With thoughts!
    HRT can have a pretty big impact on the liver, one must take care of the liver while on it due to the synthetic nature of it, consult with your doctor to supporting supps of the liver.
    doing my own thang!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Answers

I did consult with him he said to stop everything because of it but my HRT consultant said continue?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Are you taking any other supps?
    doing my own thang!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Answers

yup procomplete 40, OLIO, RADOX by synthrax, these are intermittently. Also, Coq10 for leg and vein and cardiovascular health. a multi vitmain.A lot of chicken and some bottle sof mucle milk. Also I took winny regardless if I was able to workout in the pm, I am so sore from lifting and doing Muay Thai kick boxing I didn't want to skip a dosage! But I know its hitting my liver harder I think not working out because it is 17 alpha alkalized!
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bpunisher View Post
    yup procomplete 40, OLIO, RADOX by synthrax, these are intermittently. Also, Coq10 for leg and vein and cardiovascular health. a multi vitmain.A lot of chicken and some bottle sof mucle milk.
    I would eliminate all whey products while liver enzymes are high, they put a lot of stress on the liver, what is in that radox product?
    doing my own thang!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Answers

I would follow the advice of your doctor. If you are not sure he is 100% -in the know- of what he is doing then get a second opinion from another doctor. Your liver and your health are not things you want to take chances with.

Hg
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Answers

If ur taking winny every workout that is probably the cause... it always messed up my liver enzymes really bad when i use to take it...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. liver enzymes?
    By bendin1140 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 07:50 AM
  2. liver enzymes
    By bendin1140 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 12:52 PM
  3. High LIver Enzymes---Help!!!!!!
    By rccratch in forum Anabolics