A suggestion for Shock Therapy Fruit Punch!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I am pretty sure you guys at Universal have heard it before that the fruit punch flavor of Shock Therapy needs some work. Well...sorry to sound repetitive, but man the stuff is rough. The odd thing is...the initial taste is tolerable...its the nasty and brutal after taste...it is downright bitter. It has a sour, tart grapefruit like taste...I hate the taste of grapefruit as it is, but at least I can tolerate it...this is worse. Some how the taste got worse from the previous version of Shock Therapy. I can't believe I can say this, but the original NO Shotgun in my personal opinion was easier to deal with taste wise... it didn't taste great, but it worked. I love the new formula, but not the taste of the fruit punch flavor.

Note: I did not order Fruit Punch...I was at Vitamin Shoppe and it is the only flavor they had :mad:.

Anyway, beyond the taste...Shock Therapy is one of my longest standing pre-workout powders because it is damn effective...it is a part of my normal rotation...SP250, Super Charge NO Xtreme, MAN Body Octane are the others. The best parts about Shock Therapy are that it is the best value on the market for the amount of servings you get and I only need one scoop compared to other powders and I am a big guy. :thumbsup:

Now, since I am rambling on enough here...my suggestion is that the fruit punch flavor should either be redone (make it a tad bit sweeter to cover up the bitterness and tartness), or replaced with something like a tropical fruit flavor, or cherry limeade. Formula wise...nothing needs to be changed because it is a great formula. Lastly, the grape flavor is nice and I have yet to try the blue raz, but definitely interested in trying it for my next tub of Shock Therapy.

Cheers!:cheers:

K

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear you didn't like the FP flavor that much. Have you tried varying the water amounts? Or adding in another flavored supp to help it?

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear you didn't like the FP flavor that much. Have you tried varying the water amounts? Or adding in another flavored supp to help it?
I am an experienced user of the formula so I've tried everything and yes I use something to mask the taste...a sugar free packet of blue raspberry hawaiian punch, now if only the hawaiian punch used sucralose instead of aspartame I would be a happy camper. :D. The original Shock Therapy Fruit punch wasn't great tasting, but was better than the new formula. Usually I'll order my shock therapy online because that seems to be the only way to get the grape, which I really enjoy. Now I have to try that blue raz for my next tub.

What confuses me is how Storm tastes phenomenal in either grape or fruit punch and I actually enjoy the fruit punch more, but yet Shock Therapy is lacking in the taste department. While Grape is decent it isn't as nice as the Grape Storm. :think:

Anyway, thank you for the quick response.

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Blue Raz is awesome!! Love this stuff.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Blue Raz is awesome!! Love this stuff.
I would assume it is awesome as Universal is a constant for putting good stuff. I am anxious to try it! :)

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I am an experienced user of the formula so I've tried everything and yes I use something to mask the taste...a sugar free packet of blue raspberry hawaiian punch, now if only the hawaiian punch used sucralose instead of aspartame I would be a happy camper. :D. The original Shock Therapy Fruit punch wasn't great tasting, but was better than the new formula. Usually I'll order my shock therapy online because that seems to be the only way to get the grape, which I really enjoy. Now I have to try that blue raz for my next tub.

What confuses me is how Storm tastes phenomenal in either grape or fruit punch and I actually enjoy the fruit punch more, but yet Shock Therapy is lacking in the taste department. While Grape is decent it isn't as nice as the Grape Storm. :think:

Anyway, thank you for the quick response.

-Sean-

Team APPNUT
I am right there with ya on this bro but the reason for me is that I don't like fruit punch at all! Ha ha!

The formula in ST is harder to flavor than Storm due to the ingredients and that is why they differ. I like the new Blue Raz better than the Fruit Punch but the Grape is still tops for both products in my tastes. I have friends that say the opposite though. I guess everyone has their own prefs? I am pretty sure that NaturalGuy has said he prefers the Fruit Punch?

For me the Grape works best. Grape Storm, mmmm

Hg

A

aalzamora

Awards
I could notice the sourness in st, but i could also notice that adding more water (as the rep above said) solve it, tastes better.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I could notice the sourness in st, but i could also notice that adding more water (as the rep above said) solve it, tastes better.
It's one of the nice things about a powdered formula, you can customize this mix to your tastes.

J

Jimmy Alto

Awards
I love the fruit punch Shock Therapy, tastes great to me and it usually doesn't matter how much water I use

Aggression

Aggression

Awards
I love the fruit punch Shock Therapy, tastes great to me and it usually doesn't matter how much water I use
I love all the flavors, personally. I keep it switching up from tub to tub. Right now I'm rocking 1 scoop of ST with 1 pack of Nitro G (aka EAA Nitro), both in grape flavor. Love it.