New Animal Pak? (formula)

Raptorbh12

Awards
I just bought a new 44 can of animal pak from bb.com and when i cracked it open my eyes were immediately drawn to a new giant and "wet" red pill.
First off I didnt know the formula for animal pak had changed and what is this new redish pill and im not so sure I should take this pak now because the red pill seems to have moisture coming off of it in all of the paks.
Is this because it was stored in a hot enviroment before it was shipped to me or is this something normal??
When i glanced at the ingredients I immediately noticed that the entire list was revamped and everything had been changed around. It looks like the uniliver pill is 50% bigger now as well. Sorry if this topic was brought up before but I was not sure if my shipment was tainted or whatnot.

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Rap,

We did just recently update the formula with some very good changes.

There should not be any moisture in the packs. Please PM me with your information and we will replace your can ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didnt realize it was updated. Thats a pretty sweet deal

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
I didnt realize it was updated. Thats a pretty sweet deal
Yup, we have updated Animal Pak several times over the years. The new update includes adding better forms of Vitamin D, all the mixed tocopherols for Vitamin E, Vitamin B-12, beefed up amino complex, beefed up digestive enzyme complex and a new anti-oxidant complex.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really like the anti oxidant complex. Has the new formula hit retailers?

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
I really like the anti oxidant complex. Has the new formula hit retailers?
We have been shipping it for a few weeks now, depends on the retailer and how much of the old stock they have.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
Once I go through my 2 cans of 88s I'll have to try the new ones.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
where can I find a nutrition label with the new formula?

Raptorbh12

Awards
ugh.. im 4 posts away from being able to post links.
bodybuilding (dot) com store has the new formula up with amounts and all if your interested.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I know the big 88's were a limited edition but I know they are still in stock... any chance of keeping them around with the new formula? they were a great deal!

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
I know the big 88's were a limited edition but I know they are still in stock... any chance of keeping them around with the new formula? they were a great deal!
The big 88's were a one time run in celebration of Animal Pak's 25th

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure they'll be around again for the 50th so just wait a little ;)

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of the 88s... what prizes did you fellas get?

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of the 88s... what prizes did you fellas get?
Got the Black & White limited edition stickers B and also the Lanyard. I traded some stuff for a copy of the 5in1 DVD as well. A well sought after collectors item as you know ;) LOL!

Hg

kgkuntryluvr

Awards
so are there 12 pills now? if they beefed things up so much, there is either an extra pill or two, or the 11 pills are significantly larger, right?

kgkuntryluvr

Awards
wait a minute...just did a comparison and they did beef up a few things, mainly the amino acids, an antioxidant complex (whoopty doo) and a few vitamins, but they got rid of and downgraded a bunch of key ingredients, as well. they took out the essential fatty acids (wtf?), almost half of the performance optimizers (including bovine colostrum, chromium picolinate, ALA, and inosine), swapped out 2 of the digestive enzymes, and lamed out from chromium picolinate to chromium chloride also shaving off 50 mcg of that. don't get me wrong, i love the added aminos. but i don't see why they had to get rid of some of the other good ingredients to add the new stuff. what's one more pill when you're already taking eleven anyway? i'm gonna run out and stock up on the old formula while i search for a better value. i love animal pak, but i don't wanna have to go out and pay for the extra things they got rid of separately now.

kgkuntryluvr

Awards
Yup, we have updated Animal Pak several times over the years. The new update includes adding better forms of Vitamin D, all the mixed tocopherols for Vitamin E, Vitamin B-12, beefed up amino complex, beefed up digestive enzyme complex and a new anti-oxidant complex.
...along with a beefed down performance optimizer complex, crappier chromium, and nonexistent essential fatty acids.

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
wait a minute...just did a comparison and they did beef up a few things, mainly the amino acids, an antioxidant complex (whoopty doo) and a few vitamins, but they got rid of and downgraded a bunch of key ingredients, as well. they took out the essential fatty acids (wtf?), almost half of the performance optimizers (including bovine colostrum, chromium picolinate, ALA, and inosine), swapped out 2 of the digestive enzymes, and lamed out from chromium picolinate to chromium chloride also shaving off 50 mcg of that. don't get me wrong, i love the added aminos. but i don't see why they had to get rid of some of the other good ingredients to add the new stuff. what's one more pill when you're already taking eleven anyway? i'm gonna run out and stock up on the old formula while i search for a better value. i love animal pak, but i don't wanna have to go out and pay for the extra things they got rid of separately now.
You can only fit so much in the pills. We felt the efa's in the pak we obsolete as many people are taking Animal Omega which is a much more comprehensive EFA formula. We improved many of the forms of the vitamins as well. ALA was not removed (it is listed in the anti-oxidant complex). All in all the new formula is an upgrade from the previous version..

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
You can only fit so much in the pills. We felt the efa's in the pak we obsolete as many people are taking Animal Omega which is a much more comprehensive EFA formula. We improved many of the forms of the vitamins as well. ALA was not removed (it is listed in the anti-oxidant complex). All in all the new formula is an upgrade from the previous version..
Yea I always thought that EFA's didn't belong in there anyway because there is no way you could fit in enough for a body builder anyway. We take separate EFA supps already so save that room for improved ingredients. I thought digestive enzymes were "added" not "swapped" out? Am I right or wrong NG?

Hg

kgkuntryluvr

Awards
nice response NG. thanks for clarifying a few things. there are many improvements to the new formula, but i just loved the Pak how it was. i still feel you guys make great products. the added aminos are great, but as you said about the efa's, most bodybuilders get them elsewhere than from their mulitvitamin supplement anyway. my only problem is that i took the Pak because you guys had things that no other multi had. now that a few of them are gone, i have to get them elsewhere. but still, what's with the lower quality chromium? studies have shown that chromium chloride is the least absorbed form of chromium, not to mention, the cheapest. so they switched from the best form, picolinate, to the worst form, chloride. and hoomgar, most of the digestive enzymes are the same, they replaced two out of the six. i haven't researched the difference yet, but i just noticed that they weren't the same. they may be better or worse depending on what they help break down and how. NG is correct. overall, the Pak is still great and highly improved on the vitamin/mineral (except chromium) and amino acid side of things. i probably will continue to buy because there still is no multi that comes close, even if i do have to get the little extras separately.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I like the new liver tabs. I don't take Animal Pak, but my new container of Uni-Liver is just liver and binders. This makes me happy, because I never really whanted to overdose on those added vitamins.

Now let's see the profile for that newPak.