Uni-Liver

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I just got in my uni-liver yesterday, how many tabs does a person usually take per day?

I have been taking 3 per meal, but I find myself running to the rest room about 30-45 minutes later. Does this issue subside?

Thanks, Tex

rcrott1

if you are having stomach problems, curb your intake down to 2 a meal, then after your body adjusts to them, you can go back up to 3.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
I've never had the stomach problem--but I would definitely slow it down to 2 even 1 a serving until you adjust.

I usually pop 3-4 of 'em with a meal 3 times a day.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I've never had the stomach problem--but I would definitely slow it down to 2 even 1 a serving until you adjust.

I usually pop 3-4 of 'em with a meal 3 times a day.
x2 this and what rcrott said ^^^^

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
nevermind it was not the uni liver causing the problem, it was super pump 250

blackcj7

blackcj7

Awards
Quick question about the amino profile.

It states 30 grains per tab, then the amino profile goes by (100g of Liver).

I would assume the 100g = 100 grams? And if so how many grains equals the 100 grams of liver?

any help would be appreciated

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established

I would assume the 100g = 100 grams? And if so how many grains equals the 100 grams of liver?

well the serving size is 2 tabs, so i think that amino profile is based off 2 tabs, so 2 tabs is 100g of liver... correct me if I am wrong?

blackcj7

blackcj7

Awards
Not too sure 60 grains seems to equal 3.9 grams when using grams to grain conversion factor.

60 grains (1 gram / 15.432358 grains) =~ 3.8879..........g

therefore to get the 100grams you would need 100g/3.9g=25.64......tabs (from 60 grains (2 tabs)).

so roughly 52 tabs to get that profile

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking 4-5 in between meals. This has been helping me to hold off hunger pains on low carb days, compared to taking them with meals.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established

If I understand ya correctly, then no 100g does not equal 100g. Because that AA profile is for 100% liver. Each Uni-Liver is not 100% liver as to "punch" tabs, you some some extra ingredients to hold everything together.

Here's what I know, each tab = 1.6g of protein. On the label, it says that each tab contains 30 grain of liver = approx. 1.94g of liver (liver is not 100% protein).

Hope this helps.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i use between 12-18 tabs per day with my meals. I never had any stomach issues.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
If I understand ya correctly, then no 100g does not equal 100g. Because that AA profile is for 100% liver. Each Uni-Liver is not 100% liver as to "punch" tabs, you some some extra ingredients to hold everything together.

Here's what I know, each tab = 1.6g of protein. On the label, it says that each tab contains 30 grain of liver = approx. 1.94g of liver (liver is not 100% protein).

Hope this helps.
Solid answer U. I think the whole point of UNI's is lost if you over think it. If you are looking for an exact amount of amino acids or need to know then using an amino acid supplement like Amino Tech or one of the many others is the way to go. The benefit of Uni Livers is simplicity and a good nutrition profile for such a basic componant. Liver! You pop a few with each meal and you are adding Proteins and aminos to each meal by doing so.

The reason I say this is this has come up before and the real answer is "it varies" since all the nutritions in the liver are naturally occurring so it will vary a bit from tablet to tablet and trying to figure it out ends up complicating a supplement that was intended to be almost mindlessly simple. In no way am I being a smart butt here. It's just straight up easy supplemental nutrition to take and forget.

If you really want to figure it out, I do believe the answer before was that 100 grams of liver is just that. Cut out 100 grams on a scale out of a liver steak and there you will see how much liver it takes to get the amino profile listed. Now, after it is freeze dried and made into tablets, how many tablets will that 100 grams make? See what I mean? Thats too complicated for a product like this. It wasn't intended to be used in any type of macro counting I don't believe? Just supplemental Protein and aminos. The other good thing is the iron in it is Heme iron and naturally occurring as well so it isn't the kind that you can OD yourself on.

Hope that made sense?

Hg

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Solid answer U. I think the whole point of UNI's is lost if you over think it. If you are looking for an exact amount of amino acids or need to know then using an amino acid supplement like Amino Tech or one of the many others is the way to go. The benefit of Uni Livers is simplicity and a good nutrition profile for such a basic componant. Liver! You pop a few with each meal and you are adding Proteins and aminos to each meal by doing so.

The reason I say this is this has come up before and the real answer is "it varies" since all the nutritions in the liver are naturally occurring so it will vary a bit from tablet to tablet and trying to figure it out ends up complicating a supplement that was intended to be almost mindlessly simple. In no way am I being a smart butt here. It's just straight up easy supplemental nutrition to take and forget.

If you really want to figure it out, I do believe the answer before was that 100 grams of liver is just that. Cut out 100 grams on a scale out of a liver steak and there you will see how much liver it takes to get the amino profile listed. Now, after it is freeze dried and made into tablets, how many tablets will that 100 grams make? See what I mean? Thats too complicated for a product like this. It wasn't intended to be used in any type of macro counting I don't believe? Just supplemental Protein and aminos. The other good thing is the iron in it is Heme iron and naturally occurring as well so it isn't the kind that you can OD yourself on.

Hope that made sense?

Hg
You had me at "Solid answer U", hahaha...

I hear ya and I agree. I look at the aminos and the overall protein from the liver as icin'. I don't personally calculate these in. But I can see how some consumers might wanna know exactly. I can undertand that. The only problem with this is, liver is a natural product so that actual amounts will vary in the end. This is the nature of natural products.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
You had me at "Solid answer U", hahaha...

I hear ya and I agree. I look at the aminos and the overall protein from the liver as icin'. I don't personally calculate these in. But I can see how some consumers might wanna know exactly. I can undertand that. The only problem with this is, liver is a natural product so that actual amounts will vary in the end. This is the nature of natural products.
Wow, we just said the same thing but I took 3 paragraphs to do it? :sad3:

I'm going to have to take some lessons from ya U ;)

Hg