Citrus Burst Intra-Aid Feedback

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been using CB IA for the last couple of weeks. I've experimented with different dosages, running it solo and adding extra "goodies" and, in the end, can't say enough good things about this product.

As a bigger guy (6'4" ~240lb) I've found that 2scoops provides the best and most notable effect.

In my opinion, intra-workout is the most effective and imperative time to supplement for optimum nutrition and performance. I can cut out pre- and post-workout shakes without any real detriment provided I get sufficient nutrients intra-workout.

And, of all the products I have used (Xtend, XCell, Purple Wraath, Bulk BCAAs, etc.), Intra-Aid holds the top position. Why?

Because the formula is complete. It includes fast protein, free-form EAAs, a healthy bout of BA and Taurine, electrolytes and B Vitamins and, what no other intra-workout product includes (to my knowledge) - some fast CHO.

If you have not tried incorporating CHO into your drink while lifting, I highly recommend it. ESPECIALLY when coupled with protein and free-form aminos, it equates to highly improved stamina, performance, energy and recovery. Intra-Aid is the only product that I know of that combines both CHO and PRO together while you workout, plus all the extra ergogenics that push your training capacity even further.

I've hit PRs on a regular basis at the end of workouts when I'm already dead; I've churned out drop-sets till I'm ready to take a nap and I squat or deadlift every time I set foot in the gym. Nothing provides the same endurance over the course of a training session as Intra-Workout Nutrition.
And, in that regard, nothing beats 2scoops of Intra-Aid in a liter jug.

I haven't even mentioned the taste - geez! Citrus Burst tastes exactly what it sounds like; a delightfully refreshing orange flavor. However, it is an orange flavor that is remarkably similar to OJ - complete with the brisk, tangy tartness and acidity that is so refreshing in orange juice. I was expecting an overly sweet "Tang" impersonator in flavor, but was more than happily proven wrong.

I would have to use the Blue Razz flavor again to determine which I like better between the two - and I consider the Blue Razz to be one of the best tasting supplements I've ever used!

The only drawback to Intra-Aid is the size of the tub - at only 25 scoops, I go through a tub pretty quick. But considering that NP sells it very affordably, it's not that big of an issue.

All in all, there are two brand-name supplements (i.e not bulk powders or protein) that I consider my absolute favorites: LG Sciences T-911 and Universal's Intra-Aid. :wave2:

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
truth! I cant say enough good things about intra aid. It is a solid product with the only downside being the bottom of the tub!

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Nice feedback. Thanks for that R. Glad to hear things worked out.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback R. It's good stuff and, like you also dig 2 scoops during a workout most days.
Interesting; I usually do 1 scoop IA + 1 scoop Orange Xtend + 4g Bulk Leucine in 600mL water. The orange Xtend brings up the flavouring to the right level. I think the IA could use about 20% more flavouring so it can stand alone in 500 mL

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Interesting; I usually do 1 scoop IA + 1 scoop Orange Xtend + 4g Bulk Leucine in 600mL water. The orange Xtend brings up the flavouring to the right level. I think the IA could use about 20% more flavouring so it can stand alone in 500 mL
Well the flavor is subject to taste for sure. Just use more or less water I guess but I gotta give you props on a great blend there Steve. I don't think you can get too many BCAA's during a workout. Very nice.

rcrott1

SOLID feedback man

i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the new flavor!

bmw8591

Awards
  • Established
Quick question, how much BA is in this? Just wondering if it is necessary to add any bulk BA. From the BA tingles I have heard about in reviews, I'm guessing no addition is necessary.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
I have been using CB IA for the last couple of weeks. I've experimented with different dosages, running it solo and adding extra "goodies" and, in the end, can't say enough good things about this product.

As a bigger guy (6'4" ~240lb) I've found that 2scoops provides the best and most notable effect.

In my opinion, intra-workout is the most effective and imperative time to supplement for optimum nutrition and performance. I can cut out pre- and post-workout shakes without any real detriment provided I get sufficient nutrients intra-workout.

And, of all the products I have used (Xtend, XCell, Purple Wraath, Bulk BCAAs, etc.), Intra-Aid holds the top position. Why?

Because the formula is complete. It includes fast protein, free-form EAAs, a healthy bout of BA and Taurine, electrolytes and B Vitamins and, what no other intra-workout product includes (to my knowledge) - some fast CHO.

If you have not tried incorporating CHO into your drink while lifting, I highly recommend it. ESPECIALLY when coupled with protein and free-form aminos, it equates to highly improved stamina, performance, energy and recovery. Intra-Aid is the only product that I know of that combines both CHO and PRO together while you workout, plus all the extra ergogenics that push your training capacity even further.

I've hit PRs on a regular basis at the end of workouts when I'm already dead; I've churned out drop-sets till I'm ready to take a nap and I squat or deadlift every time I set foot in the gym. Nothing provides the same endurance over the course of a training session as Intra-Workout Nutrition.
And, in that regard, nothing beats 2scoops of Intra-Aid in a liter jug.

I haven't even mentioned the taste - geez! Citrus Burst tastes exactly what it sounds like; a delightfully refreshing orange flavor. However, it is an orange flavor that is remarkably similar to OJ - complete with the brisk, tangy tartness and acidity that is so refreshing in orange juice. I was expecting an overly sweet "Tang" impersonator in flavor, but was more than happily proven wrong.

I would have to use the Blue Razz flavor again to determine which I like better between the two - and I consider the Blue Razz to be one of the best tasting supplements I've ever used!

The only drawback to Intra-Aid is the size of the tub - at only 25 scoops, I go through a tub pretty quick. But considering that NP sells it very affordably, it's not that big of an issue.

All in all, there are two brand-name supplements (i.e not bulk powders or protein) that I consider my absolute favorites: LG Sciences T-911 and Universal's Intra-Aid. :wave2:
How'd I miss this??

Agreed. I also run 2 scoops when I need to. With Citrus Burst, I find I need less water (20-25 oz per flat scoop) as compard to Blue Raz (25-30 oz). Oh, and PRO + CHO ftw. The CHO is really what sets Intra-Aid apart IMHO.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Quick question, how much BA is in this? Just wondering if it is necessary to add any bulk BA. From the BA tingles I have heard about in reviews, I'm guessing no addition is necessary.
It's proprietary and the one thing I don't like about Intra-Aid is.... the BA tingles. Never cared much for it.