Thanks Animal!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I received my bottle of Lava and the Black Animal T yesterday! Took my first serving yesterday and will give a quick initial review in a bit. Thanks again for your generosity and support of the Bodybuilding contest here on AM.

:usa2:

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
I received my bottle of Lava and the Black Animal T yesterday! Took my first serving yesterday and will give a quick initial review in a bit. Thanks again for your generosity and support of the Bodybuilding contest here on AM.

:usa2:
Enjoy brother. Biz ain't just about takin'... It's also about givin' back, especially to those who are committed to the fight.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Okay, so my initial review... I will add further comments as I make my way through the bottle

Lava is a Protein/Creatine powder that has a bunch of other goodies in it...Tried to upload the ingredient profile but I keep getting errors.
http://www.universalnutrition.com/ has it there.

Lava Initial Review
Smell: Smells like old school protein... Not all that pleasant but the smell once mixed was completely gone.

Mixability: Mixed 1.5 scoops in 12 oz of Skim milk in a blender and it mixed in about 3 seconds without too much foam

Taste: Pretty good actually. It tastes almost like a creamsicle with no aftertaste.

Cost: Kind of pricey at 15 servings at about 40 bucks but to be honest it's been almost two years since i've paid for/used protein and i know the cost has gone way up since I was buying it. Plus it adds creatine to the mixture so I'd have to look up equivilent doses of both to give a fair review on cost.

I'll be using this as a post workout/meal replacement drink and I have started off only using 1.5 of the 2.5 serving to test my ability to avoid stomach issues with protein mixes. So far, so good. I'll report back on occasion as I use Lava and give a final review once the container is finished.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I would of made it a bit more pretty but the color options and such don't seem to be working for me at the moment.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Okay, so my initial review... I will add further comments as I make my way through the bottle

Lava is a Protein/Creatine powder that has a bunch of other goodies in it...Tried to upload the ingredient profile but I keep getting errors.
http://www.universalnutrition.com/ has it there.

Lava Initial Review
Smell: Smells like old school protein... Not all that pleasant but the smell once mixed was completely gone.

Mixability: Mixed 1.5 scoops in 12 oz of Skim milk in a blender and it mixed in about 3 seconds without too much foam

Taste: Pretty good actually. It tastes almost like a creamsicle with no aftertaste.

Cost: Kind of pricey at 15 servings at about 40 bucks but to be honest it's been almost two years since i've paid for/used protein and i know the cost has gone way up since I was buying it. Plus it adds creatine to the mixture so I'd have to look up equivilent doses of both to give a fair review on cost.

I'll be using this as a post workout/meal replacement drink and I have started off only using 1.5 of the 2.5 serving to test my ability to avoid stomach issues with protein mixes. So far, so good. I'll report back on occasion as I use Lava and give a final review once the container is finished.
I agree with ya 100%... It does smell like an old school powder. Cuz it is. You're right--taste is better than the smell. Report back if ya have anything to post. Much obliged.

K

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Old school products. Glad to see this J. How's the T fit?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Fits excellent... As all of us gym rats know, it's about the fit in the arms and chest and it fits nicely in both! I wish the Animal logo in the front was as big as the one in my red shirt but several people noticed it and made animal comments not knowing the company... So had to explain a few details in the process :) I'm going to shoot for the Yellow 77 next.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
No stomach issues at all so far! I'm enjoying this one very much. Adding a half banana makes for a great treat as well.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
No stomach issues at all so far! I'm enjoying this one very much. Adding a half banana makes for a great treat as well.
I agree. Adding some fruit def makes a big difference.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Well, I had been taking Metamucil orange flavor but ran out of orange juice to mix it in and decided to try it in the protein mix... Adds to the taste lol.

Still not having any stomach issues or discomforts.