NEWS: New Intra-Aid Flavor

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Should be shipping within the next two weeks according to Corporate. Same great formula, new Citrus Burst flavor.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
I know I'm lookin' forward to something new to drop my Juicy Watermelon EAA Stack into...

King Con

Awards
  • Established
I just need to go ahead and get all the new flavors... :D

Any ETA for the new torrent?

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Should be shipping within the next two weeks according to Corporate. Same great formula, new Citrus Burst flavor.
I am really looking forward to this new flavor U. One of my favorite flavorings for any supplement!

Hg

KeyHAWK

KeyHAWK

Awards
Sounds good to me. I love me blue ras but I also like to change it up once and a while

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Citrus Burst Intra-Aid is now done and ready to ship. That is all.

sportsfan4110

sportsfan4110

Awards
just received mine today!!!! :dance: tomorrow's back day so ill post my review tomorrow... smells awesome!

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
what is Intra aid exactly
Sports drinks you find in convenience stores are made for athletes, like runners and what not. Intra-Aid is a specific kinda sports drink designed specifically for lifters (bodybuilders & powerlifters) during training. Helps with anabolism and reducing catabolism. Intra-Aid is part of the overall "nutrient timing" thing--nutrition around the "anabolic window of opportunity"--pre-workout, intra-workout, and post-workout, which studies are showing are immensely important for the lifter.

Reviews: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=20602

Intra-Aid: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/universal-nutrition/intra-aid-25-servings.html

"Anabolic Window of Opportunity" Stack: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/universal-nutrition/anabolic-window-of-opportunity-stack.html

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Hey, U-rep!!! Any idea of how the new flavor tastes with Juicy Watermelon EAA...?

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
I got my Citrus Burst today...:D I'll post up a review after I've used it for a bit...

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
First serving...

Got my tub Friday when I got home from work. I used my first serving just a bit ago during my back workout. I love it! I agree with others that it is reminiscent of the flavor of Tang. I mix mine just a tad weaker so it isn't so tangy for during my workout.

I used 1.5 scoops in 34 ox of water. Very tasty!

Hg

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
I just put 1 scoop in an empty Powerade Zero bottle, filled it about 3/4 full with water and threw it in the freezer...I'll grab it on my way to the gym in a bit...should be nice and cold by then :D

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
That stuff tastes goooood!

I need to water it down even more for my workouts though...1 scoop in 24 - 28oz was a bit too strong...

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Got my tub Friday when I got home from work. I used my first serving just a bit ago during my back workout. I love it! I agree with others that it is reminiscent of the flavor of Tang. I mix mine just a tad weaker so it isn't so tangy for during my workout.

I used 1.5 scoops in 34 ox of water. Very tasty!

Hg
That stuff tastes goooood!

I need to water it down even more for my workouts though...1 scoop in 24 - 28oz was a bit too strong...
I like the new flavor too... I'm guessing you'll need to play with the exact oz of water for each flavor, eh?

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I like the new flavor too... I'm guessing you'll need to play with the exact oz of water for each flavor, eh?
Second try I went with a good rounded scoop in 24 oz and it was near perfect U. I'm not sure I want to mix this one with anything else. The flavor is done right just like it is!

Hg

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
I agree the flavor is awesome...I think I'll go for a level scoop in 32 ounces today and see how it goes...I would use more water but my Powerade Zero bottles only hold 32oz...

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
Oddly enough it was about perfect in 32oz today...damn good too...

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Second try I went with a good rounded scoop in 24 oz and it was near perfect U. I'm not sure I want to mix this one with anything else. The flavor is done right just like it is!

Hg
I think you're right... I went with about 28 oz the first time and it was great, but a bit watery. I went down lower and it was awesome. Seems like you need a little less water for the Citrus Burst to hit the sweet spot. All in all, the flavor is amazing and IMHO, CB is much better than BR.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I think you're right... I went with about 28 oz the first time and it was great, but a bit watery. I went down lower and it was awesome. Seems like you need a little less water for the Citrus Burst to hit the sweet spot. All in all, the flavor is amazing and IMHO, CB is much better than BR.
I'm diggin it. Last night it was my constant companion during my chest workout. At times, I felt like I was drinking an OJ.

Hg

Gambit417

Gambit417

Awards
Gotta say, this flavor is off the chain. I put my serving into a liter bottle and fill it with water, toss it in the freezer for 20 minutes and grab it when I'm headed out the door. Damn, that's a tasty beverage.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was given a tub to test, and will throw up a review here.

Taste: 10/10
I don't usually give 10s... but this stuff tastes so close to Tropicana Orange Juice, it's hard to believe it's a sports drink.

Mixability:9.5/10
There is a tiny bit of foam, but I usually pre-make my IntraAid, and by the time I hit the gym it is foam-free. I add it to about 16oz. of water and that is just right; any more water and it would be too weak.

Other Comments: I did a few workouts with this before ULTIMA, and I think the 10g of carbs helped keeped the intensity up. I will do a few more trials after my log; I don't think it makes a huge difference, but there is some benefit from the 10g carbs IntraWO I feel.
I think that the BCAA or EAA Stack + 10g of Sugars might be more ideal for myself; I prefer BCAA's/EAA's > Hydrolyzed Protein

Also like some others mentioned, there is a bit of tendency for the BA to head to the bottom of the shaker, but a quick swirl fixes that.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I was given a tub to test, and will throw up a review here.

Taste: 10/10
I don't usually give 10s... but this stuff tastes so close to Tropicana Orange Juice, it's hard to believe it's a sports drink.

Mixability:9.5/10
There is a tiny bit of foam, but I usually pre-make my IntraAid, and by the time I hit the gym it is foam-free. I add it to about 16oz. of water and that is just right; any more water and it would be too weak.

Other Comments: I did a few workouts with this before ULTIMA, and I think the 10g of carbs helped keeped the intensity up. I will do a few more trials after my log; I don't think it makes a huge difference, but there is some benefit from the 10g carbs IntraWO I feel.
I think that the BCAA or EAA Stack + 10g of Sugars might be more ideal for myself; I prefer BCAA's/EAA's > Hydrolyzed Protein

Also like some others mentioned, there is a bit of tendency for the BA to head to the bottom of the shaker, but a quick swirl fixes that.
Thanks for the feedback bro.

Hg

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Gotta say, this flavor is off the chain. I put my serving into a liter bottle and fill it with water, toss it in the freezer for 20 minutes and grab it when I'm headed out the door. Damn, that's a tasty beverage.
Nice.

Makes me want to mix one up on off days as well LOL!

Gambit417

Gambit417

Awards
Nice.

Makes me want to mix one up on off days as well LOL!
You know what I did today? Mixed about half a scoop of my CB Intra-Aid with half a scoop of EAA Nitro. The color was about the color of baby ****, but it tasted pretty good while I was blasting arms.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
You know what I did today? Mixed about half a scoop of my CB Intra-Aid with half a scoop of EAA Nitro. The color was about the color of baby ****, but it tasted pretty good while I was blasting arms.
Saw you post that in G's thread bro. I've done it myself only with full scoops. The colors definitely don't mix but for sure the flavors do. Mighty tasty.

Gambit417

Gambit417

Awards
Saw you post that in G's thread bro. I've done it myself only with full scoops. The colors definitely don't mix but for sure the flavors do. Mighty tasty.
I'm gonna do it with full scoops once I find a decent sized water bottle. All I got now is a 1 liter bottle.

rcrott1

my combo... citrus intra aid, mixed with fruit punch eaa... mmmmmmm

Gambit417

Gambit417

Awards
"Hulk's Blood" --- Full scoop of both Citrus Burst and Blue Raz, add cold water. Shake vigorously until drink becomes color of the Incredible Hulk's blood.

rcrott1

"Hulk's Blood" --- Full scoop of both Citrus Burst and Blue Raz, add cold water. Shake vigorously until drink becomes color of the Incredible Hulk's blood.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. excellent.