Why does GNC NEVER let you buy animal prodcuts?

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
if a rep could please answer this for me. Everytime i go to GNC they put down animal products. They have even gone as far as to offer me there own employee discount and let me use the gold card if i dont buy an animal product.

basically they say

M-stack is just amino acids that most can be found in bulk and u dont need it.

Get Jacked Stack- is just B.S. that its not even better then novadex or any other T-booster.

They claim ppl only buy it because its convient bags of pills

I know gnc gets paid to sell certain things but they literally sell u everything before animal products. Yet i read nothing but good reviews online.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i see but its weird that animal is the ONLY one that they dont get commision for then y carry it.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
I used to work there, a while back... And, you got much bigger comissions on the GNC brand and Muscle-Tech... I never got much in the way of comissions, because I always steered people towards what worked... (Unless they were an ass... *LOL*) And, most GNC's carry very little in the way of Animal/Universal products...

JBizzle43

Awards
Well that makes sense. Now I have another reason to not go to GNC

2k2ser

Awards
  • Established
GNC is way overpriced anyway! Save yourself some money and go to NP.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
seriously why would anyone on this board go to GNC unless you were hitting up a clearance sale.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i get the iso mass extreme gainer for bogo.

its like 70 after taxes for 2 10 pound tubs with 30 servings and with milk one serving is
950 cals
65 g protien
and 72ish carbs? not sure about the carb number thats pretty good

and the American bodybuilding ripped stack and speed stack or xyience energy drinks i have goten em rather routinely from anywhere from 5 cents!! to 1.25.

not bad...

and other supps i try em out at gnc if i like em then i order em online.. cuz gnc return policy is good

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can understand this...I mean, if you buy the products then they would have to reorder them and put them back on the shelves.

I mean, what an inconvenience.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
if a rep could please answer this for me. Everytime i go to GNC they put down animal products. They have even gone as far as to offer me there own employee discount and let me use the gold card if i dont buy an animal product.

basically they say

Get Jacked Stack- is just B.S. that its not even better then novadex or any other T-booster.

I know gnc gets paid to sell certain things but they literally sell u everything before animal products. Yet i read nothing but good reviews online.
A lot of GNCs vary as well. Around my area, there are at least 4 or 5 GNCs I have been in. Out of those, there was 1 that respected the UN/Animal supps. The other GNC, it was fairly obvious they didn't know anything about the supplements... One even went as far to get things confused on the supplements.

From those that I have known to work at GNCs they are definitely governed by the powers of commission. They are heavily pushed to sell certain products...

I think a lot of it stems from lack of education, experience, knowledge, and commission of the products. I have gone as far to help educate a few staff members at a GNC about the basics of more of the supps to better prepare themselves for those seeking the UN/Animal brand.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established

basically they say

It's not just commissions, but other factors, such as "spiffs". There are many incentives for GNC clerks to push specific products and not Animal. If they really are badmouthing Animal and going to those lengths to encourage you to buy something else, that's a shame.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
It's not just commissions, but other factors, such as "spiffs". There are many incentives for GNC clerks to push specific products and not Animal. If they really are badmouthing Animal and going to those lengths to encourage you to buy something else, that's a shame.
That's exactly how it was, when I used to work there... (Which is why I got crappy commissions, and nasty-grams, saying I needed to work harder to meet my quotas... *LOL*)

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
That's exactly how it was, when I used to work there... (Which is why I got crappy commissions, and nasty-grams, saying I needed to work harder to meet my quotas... *LOL*)
There are a lot of "unhappy" GNC threads on various forums. GNC should really monitor them to see how they can change, or at least understand what some of the sentiments are. Oh well.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
There are a lot of "unhappy" GNC threads on various forums. GNC should really monitor them to see how they can change, or at least understand what some of the sentiments are. Oh well.
That is good advice. They would have an eye opening experience to how much revenue they are losing due to their current pricing strategy.

Hg

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
Last time I visited GNC the counter rep was telling me about the commissions they get from selling MuscleTech products, but she stated that MuscleTech is garbage and she doesn't recommend garbage to people, I got a kick out of this. She did however recommend Universal Animal PAK and ON Whey Protein, which I thought was very decent of her, needless to say I will continue to frequent that GNC due to the good advice.

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
it was funny at one local GNC because the the sale guy started asking me what i used and i was like...
Animal Pak, Animal Omega, Animal Pump, Animal Stak, um, you see where I'm going here? haha

he said "oh yeah, we have some Animal stuff"
we ended up talking about Omega and i told him a few online places to buy it...
i even offered him a few packs since i had a fresh can in the car.

kinda funny because i guess he didn't notice that i was wearing an Animal hat and iconic t :lmao:

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
it was funny at one local GNC because the the sale guy started asking me what i used and i was like...
Animal Pak, Animal Omega, Animal Pump, Animal Stak, um, you see where I'm going here? haha

he said "oh yeah, we have some Animal stuff"
we ended up talking about Omega and i told him a few online places to buy it...
i even offered him a few packs since i had a fresh can in the car.

kinda funny because i guess he didn't notice that i was wearing an Animal hat and iconic t :lmao:
Ha ha! Too cool bro :)

Hg

meexle

meexle

Awards
I noticed that a lot of the GNC locations around here don't even keep much Universal/Animal stuff in stock. When I would call to see if they had anything, they were either out or said to go somewhere else.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
unless they are on sale animal products are hard to sell cause they are expensive.

smaller stores simply won't carry it due to volume...i refuse to believe non of you have ever worked retail before!

gnc is retail not wholesale...something else to think about in terms of pricing!

you also don't go to burger king and get a big mac! you go to gnc for gnc products(or to simply **** with the employees), its you're own dumb ass fault for looking anywhere but NP for animal products! even vitamin shoppe is high on their's!

rcrott1

This could explain why i have not been in a GNC in the past 8 years.........

I go to Edge Nutrition, near me... run by actual competitive BB'ers, no bullshit, good guys. 99 times out of 100... ill order from dps, but find that they do not carry the full line either......