Animal Pump vs. Universal Shock Therapy

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really like Universal/Animal products but today I went to buy an N.O. product and after what I read about a punch I figured I'd try animal pump...or....Shock Therapy. My question is has anyone tried both and what is better in your opinion. The guy at the local supp store said animal pump creates great pumps but the shock therapy would give me tons of energy and put a smile on my face. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two besides pill and powder and which one they would recommend?:duel:

K

King Con

Awards
  • Established
I really like Universal/Animal products but today I went to buy an N.O. product and after what I read about a punch I figured I'd try animal pump...or....Shock Therapy. My question is has anyone tried both and what is better in your opinion. The guy at the local supp store said animal pump creates great pumps but the shock therapy would give me tons of energy and put a smile on my face. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two besides pill and powder and which one they would recommend?:duel:
I have tried both.

ST: I would describe as a kick in the ass. Meaning it will get you full of energy and ready to lift.

Pump: Is a cool calm rush. Meaning it takes around 10-14 days for users to get the full effect, but the pumps can't be beat.

We did a promo on here to decide between the two... check this out:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/101618-poll-results-animal.html

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Let us know what you choose YG, both are great products and everyone has to find which one works best for them.

Hg

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I decided to go with Shock Therapy, I'm an energy guy i guess, i like my caffeine rush plus I'm still finishing off some M-stak so if i got the pump that would be a lot of pills to swollow. I just started it today and the taste is nice and the energy was fair. I really like grape flavored things but usually when it comes to supplements the grape is like cough medicine, but this grape flavor is really good and easy to drink

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
energy was fair???
damn, you must not be very sensitive to stims?

i'm guessing you hit one sccop?
step it up to 2 scoops and tell em what you think!

i'm pretty sure you can still get a Pump sample somewhere...
B Con? Hg? U Rep?

G Diesel

G Diesel

Awards
ST is great for preworkout energy and is a strong overall performance supplement... In my opinion, though, if I could only use one, Pump is superior as it is a complete creatine source with added NO, antioxidants and stims plus it has the conveneince of encapsulation. Both are phenomenal products and well worth trying, but they are different. Peace, G

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
ST was too much for me at the regular dose. I could only handle half doses.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried a scoop and a half today and took the "red pill" with the m-stak and i got some energy but still not the mind blowing energy i've seen, did bi's and tri's today and did receive a good pump though

K

King Con

Awards
  • Established
ST is great for preworkout energy and is a strong overall performance supplement... In my opinion, though, if I could only use one, Pump is superior as it is a complete creatine source with added NO, antioxidants and stims plus it has the conveneince of encapsulation. Both are phenomenal products and well worth trying, but they are different. Peace, G
I couldn't agree more with this. I definitely prefer Pump.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I couldn't agree more with this. I definitely prefer Pump.

Right on B, and if you only use it on workout days and take a regular creatine product on off days it actually comes out to be a long lasting can at 30 packs.

K

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Right on B, and if you only use it on workout days and take a regular creatine product on off days it actually comes out to be a long lasting can at 30 packs.
That would depend on your split :D But you are correct HUGEgar.

F

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
dude unless you are lying about your weight being 127lbs, you definately got some issuse with stims if thats what you honestly took and didn't get "mind blowing energy"! So please tell, what have you tried that gave you the mind numbing energy?

The sample of Animal Pump that I got my hands on I felt it the same day and the energy was as smooth as could be. I don't like mind altering energy, I like that nice smooth clean kind that doesn't make me weak when I workout. Kid yourself not, too much stims will have the opposite effect. They'll make you weaker than stronger.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Kid yourself not, too much stims will have the opposite effect. They'll make you weaker than stronger.
:goodpost:

This is true F. Being over stimulated isn't even good for you and it just lessens the affect that stims will have on you next time around. Too much of anything, including a good thing can ruin it.

Reps for that post...

Hg

F

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
HG

Thanks for the reps and all the other guys that have given them to me! I speak from experience, overstimulation will definately hurt your efforts in the gym. It smokes your cns and it will also hurt with your aerobic capacity when your heart is pounding out of your chest. All you need is just a dab! I usually do good with a nice cup of coffee and a mouthful or two of honey before hand as a pre-workout stim.

Also, once again, at 127lbs stimulants ought to be the last thing on your list. You should be eating loads of grub and staying way from anything that effects your appetite. That should give you all the mind warping energy you need for a workout- and if its not enough 20 Uni-liver+ honey before you lift and you'll be more than ready.

K

King Con

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if opinions on these supps will change once the new flavors come out? Will ST win over any AP fans? :think:

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Did someone day Animal Pump bubble gum ?? :p

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
My two cents on your question:

I have been lucky enough to try both. My preference is Animal Pump and here are a few reasons why:

Stim Control: If lifting in the evening, (2-4 Hours before bed) you can remove the red pill to minimize your stims. Shock is a powder, which does not allow you this option. Its do or die, with less sleep for someone like myself.

Pump: Shock gives me a better overall pump then Pump. However I noticed it was a sometimes painful pump that limited my range of motion on some days. Some may like this, but I like the suttle "let you know your getting a pump" that Animal Pump gives you.

Energy: Overall energy for both are GREAT, however, with Shock I get the "stim crash". Pump is a nice suttle energy, that is ready about 30 min after consumption, yet powers you through your workout, and brings you down slowly. I crashed, each time I used Shock.

As with anything else, it is individually specific. You may not have a need for stim control, you may not be stim sensitive, you may want painful pumps. I will say this, price per serving is definitely in Shocks favor. However I prefer to pay a little more for a product that works for ME!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I've only used Shock Therapy. I only use 1/2 serving and it gives me lots of energy to last me during and after exrcise.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dude unless you are lying about your weight being 127lbs, you definately got some issuse with stims if thats what you honestly took and didn't get "mind blowing energy"! So please tell, what have you tried that gave you the mind numbing energy?

The sample of Animal Pump that I got my hands on I felt it the same day and the energy was as smooth as could be. I don't like mind altering energy, I like that nice smooth clean kind that doesn't make me weak when I workout. Kid yourself not, too much stims will have the opposite effect. They'll make you weaker than stronger.
i'm not lying about my weight, it kinda spiraled out of control, i was like 160lbs when i started working out and was fat and lazy, then i got in the gym and like 6 months later i decided to actually weigh myself, and it was 125lbs and as low as 123lbs, i'm up around 135lbs now but the only product that gave me nice energy from a pre-workout drink was superpump250 and a little energy from beverly international's muscle synergy, besides that nothing has given me any noticeable energy

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
My two cents on your question:

I have been lucky enough to try both. My preference is Animal Pump and here are a few reasons why:

Stim Control: If lifting in the evening, (2-4 Hours before bed) you can remove the red pill to minimize your stims. Shock is a powder, which does not allow you this option. Its do or die, with less sleep for someone like myself.

Pump: Shock gives me a better overall pump then Pump. However I noticed it was a sometimes painful pump that limited my range of motion on some days. Some may like this, but I like the suttle "let you know your getting a pump" that Animal Pump gives you.

Energy: Overall energy for both are GREAT, however, with Shock I get the "stim crash". Pump is a nice suttle energy, that is ready about 30 min after consumption, yet powers you through your workout, and brings you down slowly. I crashed, each time I used Shock.

As with anything else, it is individually specific. You may not have a need for stim control, you may not be stim sensitive, you may want painful pumps. I will say this, price per serving is definitely in Shocks favor. However I prefer to pay a little more for a product that works for ME!
I'd have to concur with this, but... I train in the evening, after work, and need that quick boost, and I sleep like a big baby, when it's time for bed... *L*

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
i know this is an older thread, but here's my thoughts on both. as far as energy and focus, i definitely give the edge to ST. it definitely gives me quite a kick in both departments. however, i really enjoyed Pump too, and it gave a nice, smooth boost in energy and i had some serious strength gains when i used it. basically, it depends on what you're looking for and if you prefer powder or pills.

T

TheBassGuy

Awards
Shock Therapy is really good, but I also like Pump a lot too. Ive been using ST for a week now and can honestly say its better than anything else i've tried.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Shock Therapy is really good, but I also like Pump a lot too. Ive been using ST for a week now and can honestly say its better than anything else i've tried.
I get torn between the 2 as well so I alternate.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Shock Therapy off season... Pump pre-contest...