Old School FTW!!!!

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
I am thinking about using LAVA Post-workout and Hard Fast Pre workout. Do you fellas think this would be good? Of course it would, LOL. My real question is the fact that I'm afraid the Hard Fast will cause too much of an insulin spike pre, and then LAVA will cause another one post. Is this bad? I thought you were supposed to have a spike just for post. Help is appreciated fellas.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
I am thinking about using LAVA Post-workout and Hard Fast Pre workout. Do you fellas think this would be good? Of course it would, LOL. My real question is the fact that I'm afraid the Hard Fast will cause too much of an insulin spike pre, and then LAVA will cause another one post. Is this bad? I thought you were supposed to have a spike just for post. Help is appreciated fellas.
I do know that Tiny (another one of the big'uns at Animalpak) was recommending spiking the insulin a bit pre workout as a way of getting everything shuttling into the muscles while he was training.

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
I do know that Tiny (another one of the big'uns at Animalpak) was recommending spiking the insulin a bit pre workout as a way of getting everything shuttling into the muscles while he was training.
Yeah, that was kind of my thinking too, I'd just never really heard that before. Also, I think I've read where the morning is the 2nd best time to cause an insulin spike, and that's also the other time that the label says you could take hard fast. Anyway, I've got the LAVA already, I'm gonna place an order for the Hard Fast right now. I'll let you know how it goes.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that was kind of my thinking too, I'd just never really heard that before. Also, I think I've read where the morning is the 2nd best time to cause an insulin spike, and that's also the other time that the label says you could take hard fast. Anyway, I've got the LAVA already, I'm gonna place an order for the Hard Fast right now. I'll let you know how it goes.
Definitely interested to see how it treats ya. Sounds like you are well prepared.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Hard Fast??? Dayum. No one really talks about Hard Fast, but I gotta tell you, Hard Fast Chocolate is one tasty shake... Really.

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
So, I couldn't wait to take some of my LAVA (Hard Fast hasn't arrived yet), and took some immediately after lifting today... and let me tell you it definitely prolonged the pump... and made my muscles feel fuller than usual. I mixed it with too much water (the amount to mix with isn't on the label, could you guys ask corporate the correct amount, I can't find it anywhere) but it still tasted fine... actually it didn't really have a taste because it was so watered down. I tried to put ice in it plus 15 ounces of h2o to get more of a slushy effect, but I need to try around just 12-14 ounces with no ice cubes, and 10 with ice cubes. The powder smells like sweet-tarts, so I know that once I get the water right it will taste great, not that I really care about taste.... :afro:

King Con

Awards
  • Established
So, I couldn't wait to take some of my LAVA (Hard Fast hasn't arrived yet), and took some immediately after lifting today... and let me tell you it definitely prolonged the pump... and made my muscles feel fuller than usual. I mixed it with too much water (the amount to mix with isn't on the label, could you guys ask corporate the correct amount, I can't find it anywhere) but it still tasted fine... actually it didn't really have a taste because it was so watered down. I tried to put ice in it plus 15 ounces of h2o to get more of a slushy effect, but I need to try around just 12-14 ounces with no ice cubes, and 10 with ice cubes. The powder smells like sweet-tarts, so I know that once I get the water right it will taste great, not that I really care about taste.... :afro:
Sounds like a great experience with the prolonged pump. As far as water amount, just keep varying it till you find an amount that works for you. If you had too much this time, drop it down a bunch if you thought it was way too watered down, etc. It's all about trial and error and suiting your needs. Sweet tarts is always a plus in my book.

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a great experience with the prolonged pump. As far as water amount, just keep varying it till you find an amount that works for you. If you had too much this time, drop it down a bunch if you thought it was way too watered down, etc. It's all about trial and error and suiting your needs. Sweet tarts is always a plus in my book.
Hell yes! I don't see how LAVA isn't more main-stream. I realize it's been overtaken by Torrent and such, but I mean still... it has everything I need post-workout, and even has the sacred 1:1 ratio of carbs to protein. And Sweet-Tarts... yum.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Hell yes! I don't see how LAVA isn't more main-stream. I realize it's been overtaken by Torrent and such, but I mean still... it has everything I need post-workout, and even has the sacred 1:1 ratio of carbs to protein. And Sweet-Tarts... yum.
Glad to hear it G. Maybe your feedback will invoke more followers...

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
You guys should do a Promo around it and Hard Fast. U guys could call it the Old-School Promo. Seriously. :D

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established

A little help on the slin spike bro. I asked Tiny about it and have done it the past few work outs and my skin is splitting from the pump because of it.

He actaully recommends doing it with Torrent, but Hard Fast should work too. His theory revolves around super saturation of the muscles to over replenish glycogen store and force aminos in. You start it all with the slin spike pre (as you will with Hard Fast, I use EAA Nitro), then you continue it intra (with Intra-Aid, more EAA Nirto, Gatorade or soemthing), then top off with Torrent (Lava in your case) and a protein shake. You get the shake in quick so that you get a double whammy of the protein with the insulin transport. He explained it to me as wringing a sponge, then putting it in a bucket and letting lose to soak up water. Pull it out of the bucket and its so full of water that it goes everywhere. I have done it twice so far and can vouche that this insulin spike business pre work out is whats up... be prepared for skin splitting pumps, that as you have already found out will be prolonged well after you are finished.

Hope that helps... Keep us filled in on how this goes. I figure you're going to like what happens.

I'm also on board for a Hard Fast promo :whip::clap2:

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
A little help on the slin spike bro. I asked Tiny about it and have done it the past few work outs and my skin is splitting from the pump because of it.

He actaully recommends doing it with Torrent, but Hard Fast should work too. His theory revolves around super saturation of the muscles to over replenish glycogen store and force aminos in. You start it all with the slin spike pre (as you will with Hard Fast, I use EAA Nitro), then you continue it intra (with Intra-Aid, more EAA Nirto, Gatorade or soemthing), then top off with Torrent (Lava in your case) and a protein shake. You get the shake in quick so that you get a double whammy of the protein with the insulin transport. He explained it to me as wringing a sponge, then putting it in a bucket and letting lose to soak up water. Pull it out of the bucket and its so full of water that it goes everywhere. I have done it twice so far and can vouche that this insulin spike business pre work out is whats up... be prepared for skin splitting pumps, that as you have already found out will be prolonged well after you are finished.

Hope that helps... Keep us filled in on how this goes. I figure you're going to like what happens.

I'm also on board for a Hard Fast promo :whip::clap2:

Awesome metaphor bro. So would EAA Stack work for the intra period? I'm assuming... so now I just need to get some pure whey isolate to take with LAVA post and I'm set. Thanks, I can't wait to see how this goes. :bruce1:

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Awesome metaphor bro. So would EAA Stack work for the intra period? I'm assuming... so now I just need to get some pure whey isolate to take with LAVA post and I'm set. Thanks, I can't wait to see how this goes. :bruce1:

According to Tiny the sugar is what helps the most, so yeah get some EAA Stack (I recommend Juicy Watermelon) and mix it with Gatorade while you work out and everything should go pretty well. Everything else seems like a go to grow!!!:bb3:

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
interesting stuff going on in here...
keep us posted on how it goes.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
The words of Broc the mad scientist..... :whip:

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
:clap2: no doubt...
and i thought i was a mad mixologist! :run:

thanks guys, just sharing some knowledge I gained over at a place I consider a home away from home.

Got to do my part to help make a lot of monsters!

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
I will def. keep you bros updated. I'm still waiting on the whey isolate before I start this stack and take another serving of the LAVA. Tonight I'm trying my Green Apple Avalanche Torrent Sample I just got in the mail!! :afro:

King Con

Awards
  • Established
I will def. keep you bros updated. I'm still waiting on the whey isolate before I start this stack and take another serving of the LAVA. Tonight I'm trying my Green Apple Avalanche Torrent Sample I just got in the mail!! :afro:
You getting the ultra whey? It's addicting.

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
The chocolate ice cream flavor sounds delicious bro. I think I'll hit that up for my isolate, yeah. Also, I think I'm gonna get the BCAA Stack too, because I feel the bcaa's in the eaa stack could be dosed up a bit. What da ya think? 1 serving bcaa stack with 1 serving eaa stack intra? That way I'm getting some glutamine in also. I'll probably throw in some dextrose of my own in there too. So here's what we've come up with so far.

PRE

Hard Fast

INTRA

EAA Stack
BCAA Stack
Dextrose (possibly some malto to if I can find it pure for cheap enough)

LAVA
Ultra Whey (Chocolate Ice Cream... yum)

I may just have to log this fellas.:afro:

King Con

Awards
  • Established
The chocolate ice cream flavor sounds delicious bro. I think I'll hit that up for my isolate, yeah. Also, I think I'm gonna get the BCAA Stack too, because I feel the bcaa's in the eaa stack could be dosed up a bit. What da ya think? 1 serving bcaa stack with 1 serving eaa stack intra? That way I'm getting some glutamine in also. I'll probably throw in some dextrose of my own in there too. So here's what we've come up with so far.

PRE

Hard Fast

INTRA

EAA Stack
BCAA Stack
Dextrose (possibly some malto to if I can find it pure for cheap enough)

LAVA
Ultra Whey (Chocolate Ice Cream... yum)

I may just have to log this fellas.:afro:
Log it & enjoy it. Seems like a very solid combo... :thumbsup: