Intra-Aid: My First Experience

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Got back from liftin', back day. Enjoy back day, so it was a good time to try Intra-Aid for the first time....

The label is the classic Universal label, yellow with the "Universal" name on top. Cracked this bad boy up and looked inside. Found a bluish powder, pretty fine. Smell--not exactly like blue raspberry (dunno if there is an official blue raspberry smell) but something I can't describe. Scoop was close to the top--always nice. Anyways, I ain't smellin' it during my workout so...

First batch, mixed 2 scoops with 40 oz of cold water, in a standard shaker cup. the powder went quickly into solution--no problems here. The mixed shake is pretty much the same color of blue as the powder, but the taste and the smell don't quite match up. The smell ain't fruity but the taste is. The texture ain't thick--lighter. Nice. Easy to drink.

Anyways, about 15 minutes in, I begin feeling flush--the tingles if you will. Starts on my face (cheeks) actually and begins to spread to my neck and body. Cool. Kinda reminds me of a niacin-flush. Keep liftin' and keep chuggin'.

By the time I'm done, I've downed the 40 oz. This Intra-Aid is gonna be a winner. Light and refreshing and I'm feeling good. One of my better workouts. Intra-Aid? Too early to tell. No stomach upset for me. Chased it with Torrent (Green Apple Avalanche, of course) this time. In the future, I'm gonna run Animal Pump/Intra-Aid/Torrent as a triple stack, what I call my "Big Picture Stack" for the anabolic window of opportunity. Anyways, I'm def gonna through through the whole bottle...

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Got back from liftin', back day. Enjoy back day, so it was a good time to try Intra-Aid for the first time....

The label is the classic Universal label, yellow with the "Universal" name on top. Cracked this bad boy up and looked inside. Found a bluish powder, pretty fine. Smell--not exactly like blue raspberry (dunno if there is an official blue raspberry smell) but something I can't describe. Scoop was close to the top--always nice. Anyways, I ain't smellin' it during my workout so...

First batch, mixed 2 scoops with 40 oz of cold water, in a standard shaker cup. the powder went quickly into solution--no problems here. The mixed shake is pretty much the same color of blue as the powder, but the taste and the smell don't quite match up. The smell ain't fruity but the taste is. The texture ain't thick--lighter. Nice. Easy to drink.

Anyways, about 15 minutes in, I begin feeling flush--the tingles if you will. Starts on my face (cheeks) actually and begins to spread to my neck and body. Cool. Kinda reminds me of a niacin-flush. Keep liftin' and keep chuggin'.

By the time I'm done, I've downed the 40 oz. This Intra-Aid is gonna be a winner. Light and refreshing and I'm feeling good. One of my better workouts. Intra-Aid? Too early to tell. No stomach upset for me. Chased it with Torrent (Green Apple Avalanche, of course) this time. In the future, I'm gonna run Animal Pump/Intra-Aid/Torrent as a triple stack, what I call my "Big Picture Stack" for the anabolic window of opportunity. Anyways, I'm def gonna through through the whole bottle...
Great stuff, there!!! And, got the BA tingle, to boot!!!

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Great stuff, there!!! And, got the BA tingle, to boot!!!
Like I said, to me, it reminded me of the "niacin flush". Can't say I like the BA "tingles"... Meh.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Very nice! I am looking forward to trying some out in the future.

I love the tingles, I get them in lips and forearms. Weird but nice.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
So, are we also going to see what a U-Rep w/o looks like, as well...?:woohoo:

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Second day, second Intra-Aid dose... Today, I was feeling well hydrated and my meals were solid. I worked the guns so it was pure gravy--short, hard and sweet. So instead of two scoops and 40 oz. I went with a little over a single scoop. Instead of 20 oz. I decided to go with around 25 oz. Cold water. Gotta say, I personally prefer a little extra water with my Intra-Aid. To me, the taste is better. What I'd suggest is to play around with the amount yourself and see what ya like.

I think what I like best about Intra-Aid is not the results--after all, it's way too early to tell if Intra-Aid has really made a difference. And it's not the BA tingles. Got that again and I don't much care for it personally. What I like best is the flavor. Not too sweet, not too heavy. The bitterness and off taste of the ingredients have been masked well I think. All in all, solid.

Again, I suggest sipping your Intra-Aid over the course of your entire workout... If ya need more water, then consider a trip to the water fountain or carry a separate jug of water. Before each sip, give your shaker bottle a quick shake. What I've noticed is that there is no color separation but there can be a bit of separation in ingredients--not sure if its the aminos, BA or protein. All in all, no complaints so far. Mixes quick and no clumping.

Followed this up with EAA Stack today, and my regular meal. All in all, a good day. I'm gonna be running Intra-Aid with Pump and Torrent soon, so I may decided to give reviews on that triple stack. Stay tuned.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Second day, second Intra-Aid dose... Today, I was feeling well hydrated and my meals were solid. I worked the guns so it was pure gravy--short, hard and sweet. So instead of two scoops and 40 oz. I went with a little over a single scoop. Instead of 20 oz. I decided to go with around 25 oz. Cold water. Gotta say, I personally prefer a little extra water with my Intra-Aid. To me, the taste is better. What I'd suggest is to play around with the amount yourself and see what ya like.

I think what I like best about Intra-Aid is not the results--after all, it's way too early to tell if Intra-Aid has really made a difference. And it's not the BA tingles. Got that again and I don't much care for it personally. What I like best is the flavor. Not too sweet, not too heavy. The bitterness and off taste of the ingredients have been masked well I think. All in all, solid.

Again, I suggest sipping your Intra-Aid over the course of your entire workout... If ya need more water, then consider a trip to the water fountain or carry a separate jug of water. Before each sip, give your shaker bottle a quick shake. What I've noticed is that there is no color separation but there can be a bit of separation in ingredients--not sure if its the aminos, BA or protein. All in all, no complaints so far. Mixes quick and no clumping.

Followed this up with EAA Stack today, and my regular meal. All in all, a good day. I'm gonna be running Intra-Aid with Pump and Torrent soon, so I may decided to give reviews on that triple stack. Stay tuned.
Great stuff!!! But, where's the w/o...?

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Great stuff!!! But, where's the w/o...?
Hahaha, too lazy... Way too lazy. It's one reason I've never kept a log in the FORVM. Basically hit bis and tris. Nothing fancy--basic barbell and dumbbell work, Pressdowns, etc. I like to keep things as simple as I can, as short as I can. Short & sweet, heavy and hard. I don't do a lot of volume. My body doesn't respond well to that for some reason.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha, too lazy... Way too lazy. It's one reason I've never kept a log in the FORVM. Basically hit bis and tris. Nothing fancy--basic barbell and dumbbell work, Pressdowns, etc. I like to keep things as simple as I can, as short as I can. Short & sweet, heavy and hard. I don't do a lot of volume. My body doesn't respond well to that for some reason.
I know that day is coming for me too U. To many things to do to keep logging every detail.

BTW, you gotta hit me again before I can hit you back. It just isn't recharging.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Nice write up. Niacin flushes can be fun, but annoying if it doesn't go away and you start looking like rudolph ;)
I've never met a niacin-flush that I liked... Just don't like bein' itchy. Don't much care for the tingles either. It's just me. A friend of mine who got it for the first time went to the emergency room... Thought it was something more serious.

MuscleHeadGuy

Banned
Awards
Hahahahaha, yeah. It's called value added, hahaha....
I'm just jealous that you have a tub of this and I don't. I have an approximate $350 order to place at NP, mostly consisting of Animal/Universal products (No shit), and all I'm waiting for now is for the Real Gains to get in as well as the Intra-Aid. I'd much rather buy from NP, especially because of the free shipping, amongst other reasons, instead of ordering from other retailers.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
I'm just jealous that you have a tub of this and I don't. I have an approximate $350 order to place at NP, mostly consisting of Animal/Universal products (No shit), and all I'm waiting for now is for the Real Gains to get in as well as the Intra-Aid. I'd much rather buy from NP, especially because of the free shipping, amongst other reasons, instead of ordering from other retailers.
Loyalty is what it's all about brother. I commend you.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
I tried a sip at this past weekend's ABC and lifting sessions... Love the taste... can't wait to get some down the road.

Great job U! :clap2:

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
I tried a sip at this past weekend's ABC and lifting sessions... Love the taste... can't wait to get some down the road.

Great job U! :clap2:
This post ain't good with pics... Of either Intra-Aid or the ABC event.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Damn, Y, great pic. Love the way it was composed too, with all of you shaped like an "A", holding the Animal Banner...
haha I just noticed that... good eye sniper.

It was a bad ass event...

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Damn, Y, great pic. Love the way it was composed too, with all of you shaped like an "A", holding the Animal Banner...

Yea it's kind of hard to spot Yohead in that pick because Dee was in front of him covering him up and all *L*

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Thanks fellas. I got some nice compliments from Erik since the last time I saw him at the Arnold.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Thanks fellas. I got some nice compliments from Erik since the last time I saw him at the Arnold.

You all were looking large out there this weekend bro. Looks like I missed an awesome event.

Hg

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
OK fellas, chest day was up and as some of you know, I was gonna play around with the amount of h20. I think I found my sweet spot. Instead of 20 oz per scoop, I've settled in on 25-30 oz. The sweetness and taste is still there, but the drink is even lighter for me. I've been accustomed to taking in EAAs with water (EAA Stack or Nitro G--basically free form aminos + water), so that's the kind of lightness I was accustomed to. Def cold water is better than room temperature water. Either cold or room temperature, Intra-Aid goes into solution quick... Today's drink was approximately 55 oz with 2 scoops of Intra-Aid.

Anyways, the tingles kicked in early today. I was hoping to get more under the belt pre-workout, but thing got too hectic. Needless to say, I see a direct correlation between what's in my stomach before I drink Intra-Aid and how strong the tingles are... I'm def gonna get in something heavier the next time around, maybe not immediately pre, but the whole food meal before pre-... Anyway, I'm not sure if it's in my head, but I def feel like I'm less tired and I got more gas in the tanks during the workout. I'll know better as time wears on... Also, no stomach issues, no cramps, nothing... So far, so good...

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
OK fellas, chest day was up and as some of you know, I was gonna play around with the amount of h20. I think I found my sweet spot. Instead of 20 oz per scoop, I've settled in on 25-30 oz. The sweetness and taste is still there, but the drink is even lighter for me. I've been accustomed to taking in EAAs with water (EAA Stack or Nitro G--basically free form aminos + water), so that's the kind of lightness I was accustomed to. Def cold water is better than room temperature water. Either cold or room temperature, Intra-Aid goes into solution quick... Today's drink was approximately 55 oz with 2 scoops of Intra-Aid.

Anyways, the tingles kicked in early today. I was hoping to get more under the belt pre-workout, but thing got too hectic. Needless to say, I see a direct correlation between what's in my stomach before I drink Intra-Aid and how strong the tingles are... I'm def gonna get in something heavier the next time around, maybe not immediately pre, but the whole food meal before pre-... Anyway, I'm not sure if it's in my head, but I def feel like I'm less tired and I got more gas in the tanks during the workout. I'll know better as time wears on... Also, no stomach issues, no cramps, nothing... So far, so good...
As a general idea, what are you usually eating for the food meal, pre...?

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established

Was also wondering how long between that meal and when you start to drink your Intra-Aid?

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
I really, really varies a lot for me. It all depends on how I'm feeling and what my body's telling. I guess over the years, I've become very attuned to it, and know how to correlate what I'm feeling with what I should eat and how it'll affect me. You talking immediately pre?

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
I really, really varies a lot for me. It all depends on how I'm feeling and what my body's telling. I guess over the years, I've become very attuned to it, and know how to correlate what I'm feeling with what I should eat and how it'll affect me. You talking immediately pre?
The whole food meal, pre... Not the pre-workout "snack/meal"... As you had said that fow full you were may correspond to how intense the tingles were...

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
haha, that's funny.
we were trying to arrange it by the color of the shirts, but couldn't fit everyone in the pic.
plus we were tired from the night before, beat from the workout, and ready to EAT!

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
OK fellas, while I was planning on doing the Intra-Aid "on the rocks" and the Intra-Aid "slurpee" next, slight change of plans. I ran into someone I knew at the gym who actually had a jar of orange BCAA Stack. Yeah, yeah, those of you who know me know I prefer EAAs over BCAAs, but I figured why not? It was there... So, to my concoction it was approximately two scoops of Intra-Aid mixed with approximately 55 oz of cold water. To that, I added roughly 10g of the BCAA Stack.

First thing I noticed was the color. I got used to that blue of Intra-Aid, so when I saw this, it was a big difference. Instead of that bright blue, it was more like an emerald or teal color. Very different. Anyways, color ain't gonna make me grow so on to the sipping... Taste was very, very subtle. Only a slight hint of orange. It gave the drink a little bit of a citrus bite. All in all, I liked it. I'm gonna try to back on track and use EAA Stack instead, watermelon of course. As for the workout, another solid day. Did some weighted chins and set a PR. Not sure if it's the drink or what, but it was a little accomplishment for me. Felt great in the gym today. Solid pumps.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
OK fellas, while I was planning on doing the Intra-Aid "on the rocks" and the Intra-Aid "slurpee" next, slight change of plans. I ran into someone I knew at the gym who actually had a jar of orange BCAA Stack. Yeah, yeah, those of you who know me know I prefer EAAs over BCAAs, but I figured why not? It was there... So, to my concoction it was approximately two scoops of Intra-Aid mixed with approximately 55 oz of cold water. To that, I added roughly 10g of the BCAA Stack.

First thing I noticed was the color. I got used to that blue of Intra-Aid, so when I saw this, it was a big difference. Instead of that bright blue, it was more like an emerald or teal color. Very different. Anyways, color ain't gonna make me grow so on to the sipping... Taste was very, very subtle. Only a slight hint of orange. It gave the drink a little bit of a citrus bite. All in all, I liked it. I'm gonna try to back on track and use EAA Stack instead, watermelon of course. As for the workout, another solid day. Did some weighted chins and set a PR. Not sure if it's the drink or what, but it was a little accomplishment for me. Felt great in the gym today. Solid pumps.

Hey U, I've seen a lot of guys including yourself now saying about the pump? Do you feel the Intra-Aid is helping with those pumps?

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established

Cool!!! Congrats on the PR!!! (Are you sure it wasn't the "Iconic T"...?) Glad to see you're going to hit it with some EAA Stack... I'm seriously considering trying that, myself...

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Hey U, I've seen a lot of guys including yourself now saying about the pump? Do you feel the Intra-Aid is helping with those pumps?
Right now, I'm not running any pre-workout supps (either Animal Pump or Shock Therapy)... Still, I def feel like I'm getting better pumps.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Cool!!! Congrats on the PR!!! (Are you sure it wasn't the "Iconic T"...?) Glad to see you're going to hit it with some EAA Stack... I'm seriously considering trying that, myself...
Thanks MD. I'm gonna run the EAA Stack with the Intra-Aid today... Yeah, I did wear an LE Iconic T... Maybe that had something to do with it, hahahaha.... Love that black shirt with the yellow Icon.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Right now, I'm not running any pre-workout supps (either Animal Pump or Shock Therapy)... Still, I def feel like I'm getting better pumps.

That's great. I have been using those pre's so I hadn't given it any thought. My pumps are lasting really good out of the gym though. Nice to know.

Hg

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
That's great. I have been using those pre's so I hadn't given it any thought. My pumps are lasting really good out of the gym though. Nice to know.

Hg
When I eventually run my "Big Picture" stack with Pump and Torrent, I may get a better idea... But for now, Intra-Aid keeps me feeling good and pumped in the gym.