Intra-Aid: My First Experience - AnabolicMinds.com

Intra-Aid: My First Experience

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. UniversalUSA.com

Intra-Aid: My First Experience

Got back from liftin', back day. Enjoy back day, so it was a good time to try Intra-Aid for the first time....

The label is the classic Universal label, yellow with the "Universal" name on top. Cracked this bad boy up and looked inside. Found a bluish powder, pretty fine. Smell--not exactly like blue raspberry (dunno if there is an official blue raspberry smell) but something I can't describe. Scoop was close to the top--always nice. Anyways, I ain't smellin' it during my workout so...

First batch, mixed 2 scoops with 40 oz of cold water, in a standard shaker cup. the powder went quickly into solution--no problems here. The mixed shake is pretty much the same color of blue as the powder, but the taste and the smell don't quite match up. The smell ain't fruity but the taste is. The texture ain't thick--lighter. Nice. Easy to drink.

Anyways, about 15 minutes in, I begin feeling flush--the tingles if you will. Starts on my face (cheeks) actually and begins to spread to my neck and body. Cool. Kinda reminds me of a niacin-flush. Keep liftin' and keep chuggin'.

By the time I'm done, I've downed the 40 oz. This Intra-Aid is gonna be a winner. Light and refreshing and I'm feeling good. One of my better workouts. Intra-Aid? Too early to tell. No stomach upset for me. Chased it with Torrent (Green Apple Avalanche, of course) this time. In the future, I'm gonna run Animal Pump/Intra-Aid/Torrent as a triple stack, what I call my "Big Picture Stack" for the anabolic window of opportunity. Anyways, I'm def gonna through through the whole bottle...

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Got back from liftin', back day. Enjoy back day, so it was a good time to try Intra-Aid for the first time....

The label is the classic Universal label, yellow with the "Universal" name on top. Cracked this bad boy up and looked inside. Found a bluish powder, pretty fine. Smell--not exactly like blue raspberry (dunno if there is an official blue raspberry smell) but something I can't describe. Scoop was close to the top--always nice. Anyways, I ain't smellin' it during my workout so...

First batch, mixed 2 scoops with 40 oz of cold water, in a standard shaker cup. the powder went quickly into solution--no problems here. The mixed shake is pretty much the same color of blue as the powder, but the taste and the smell don't quite match up. The smell ain't fruity but the taste is. The texture ain't thick--lighter. Nice. Easy to drink.

Anyways, about 15 minutes in, I begin feeling flush--the tingles if you will. Starts on my face (cheeks) actually and begins to spread to my neck and body. Cool. Kinda reminds me of a niacin-flush. Keep liftin' and keep chuggin'.

By the time I'm done, I've downed the 40 oz. This Intra-Aid is gonna be a winner. Light and refreshing and I'm feeling good. One of my better workouts. Intra-Aid? Too early to tell. No stomach upset for me. Chased it with Torrent (Green Apple Avalanche, of course) this time. In the future, I'm gonna run Animal Pump/Intra-Aid/Torrent as a triple stack, what I call my "Big Picture Stack" for the anabolic window of opportunity. Anyways, I'm def gonna through through the whole bottle...
    Great stuff, there!!! And, got the BA tingle, to boot!!!
  3. UniversalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by MrDead View Post
    Great stuff, there!!! And, got the BA tingle, to boot!!!
    Like I said, to me, it reminded me of the "niacin flush". Can't say I like the BA "tingles"... Meh.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  240 lbs.

Very nice! I am looking forward to trying some out in the future.

I love the tingles, I get them in lips and forearms. Weird but nice.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Talking

So, are we also going to see what a U-Rep w/o looks like, as well...?
  6. New Member

Is this available publicly yet?
  7. UniversalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by nosaj03 View Post
    Is this available publicly yet?
    Yes it is.
  8. UniversalUSA.com

Second day, second Intra-Aid dose... Today, I was feeling well hydrated and my meals were solid. I worked the guns so it was pure gravy--short, hard and sweet. So instead of two scoops and 40 oz. I went with a little over a single scoop. Instead of 20 oz. I decided to go with around 25 oz. Cold water. Gotta say, I personally prefer a little extra water with my Intra-Aid. To me, the taste is better. What I'd suggest is to play around with the amount yourself and see what ya like.

I think what I like best about Intra-Aid is not the results--after all, it's way too early to tell if Intra-Aid has really made a difference. And it's not the BA tingles. Got that again and I don't much care for it personally. What I like best is the flavor. Not too sweet, not too heavy. The bitterness and off taste of the ingredients have been masked well I think. All in all, solid.

Again, I suggest sipping your Intra-Aid over the course of your entire workout... If ya need more water, then consider a trip to the water fountain or carry a separate jug of water. Before each sip, give your shaker bottle a quick shake. What I've noticed is that there is no color separation but there can be a bit of separation in ingredients--not sure if its the aminos, BA or protein. All in all, no complaints so far. Mixes quick and no clumping.

Followed this up with EAA Stack today, and my regular meal. All in all, a good day. I'm gonna be running Intra-Aid with Pump and Torrent soon, so I may decided to give reviews on that triple stack. Stay tuned.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Second day, second Intra-Aid dose... Today, I was feeling well hydrated and my meals were solid. I worked the guns so it was pure gravy--short, hard and sweet. So instead of two scoops and 40 oz. I went with a little over a single scoop. Instead of 20 oz. I decided to go with around 25 oz. Cold water. Gotta say, I personally prefer a little extra water with my Intra-Aid. To me, the taste is better. What I'd suggest is to play around with the amount yourself and see what ya like.

I think what I like best about Intra-Aid is not the results--after all, it's way too early to tell if Intra-Aid has really made a difference. And it's not the BA tingles. Got that again and I don't much care for it personally. What I like best is the flavor. Not too sweet, not too heavy. The bitterness and off taste of the ingredients have been masked well I think. All in all, solid.

Again, I suggest sipping your Intra-Aid over the course of your entire workout... If ya need more water, then consider a trip to the water fountain or carry a separate jug of water. Before each sip, give your shaker bottle a quick shake. What I've noticed is that there is no color separation but there can be a bit of separation in ingredients--not sure if its the aminos, BA or protein. All in all, no complaints so far. Mixes quick and no clumping.

Followed this up with EAA Stack today, and my regular meal. All in all, a good day. I'm gonna be running Intra-Aid with Pump and Torrent soon, so I may decided to give reviews on that triple stack. Stay tuned.
    Great stuff!!! But, where's the w/o...?
  10. UniversalUSA.com

Great stuff!!! But, where's the w/o...?
    Hahaha, too lazy... Way too lazy. It's one reason I've never kept a log in the FORVM. Basically hit bis and tris. Nothing fancy--basic barbell and dumbbell work, Pressdowns, etc. I like to keep things as simple as I can, as short as I can. Short & sweet, heavy and hard. I don't do a lot of volume. My body doesn't respond well to that for some reason.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Hahaha, too lazy... Way too lazy. It's one reason I've never kept a log in the FORVM. Basically hit bis and tris. Nothing fancy--basic barbell and dumbbell work, Pressdowns, etc. I like to keep things as simple as I can, as short as I can. Short & sweet, heavy and hard. I don't do a lot of volume. My body doesn't respond well to that for some reason.
    I know that day is coming for me too U. To many things to do to keep logging every detail.

BTW, you gotta hit me again before I can hit you back. It just isn't recharging.
  12. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Nice write up. Niacin flushes can be fun, but annoying if it doesn't go away and you start looking like rudolph
  13. UniversalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Nice write up. Niacin flushes can be fun, but annoying if it doesn't go away and you start looking like rudolph
    I've never met a niacin-flush that I liked... Just don't like bein' itchy. Don't much care for the tingles either. It's just me. A friend of mine who got it for the first time went to the emergency room... Thought it was something more serious.
  14. Banned

I envy you.
  15. UniversalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleHeadGuy View Post
    I envy you.
    The awe-inspiring physique? Dashing good lucks? The intellect that's sharp as a razor, but not quite as sharp as my wit? Wha????
  16. Banned

The awe-inspiring physique? Dashing good lucks? The intellect that's sharp as a razor, but not quite as sharp as my wit? Wha????
    Does Intra-Aid contain a bit of cocky in it, too? lol
  17. UniversalUSA.com

Does Intra-Aid contain a bit of cocky in it, too? lol
    Hahahahaha, yeah. It's called value added, hahaha....
  18. Banned

Hahahahaha, yeah. It's called value added, hahaha....
    I'm just jealous that you have a tub of this and I don't. I have an approximate $350 order to place at NP, mostly consisting of Animal/Universal products (No shit), and all I'm waiting for now is for the Real Gains to get in as well as the Intra-Aid. I'd much rather buy from NP, especially because of the free shipping, amongst other reasons, instead of ordering from other retailers.
  19. UniversalUSA.com

I'm just jealous that you have a tub of this and I don't. I have an approximate $350 order to place at NP, mostly consisting of Animal/Universal products (No shit), and all I'm waiting for now is for the Real Gains to get in as well as the Intra-Aid. I'd much rather buy from NP, especially because of the free shipping, amongst other reasons, instead of ordering from other retailers.
    Loyalty is what it's all about brother. I commend you.
  20. Banned

Loyalty is what it's all about brother. I commend you.
    Definitely looking to be back in the gym sometime within the next 2 weeks so I will be placing that huge NP order sometime soon.
  21. UniversalUSA.com

Definitely looking to be back in the gym sometime within the next 2 weeks so I will be placing that huge NP order sometime soon.
    Good luck with it. If ya run a log, lemme know.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

I tried a sip at this past weekend's ABC and lifting sessions... Love the taste... can't wait to get some down the road.

Great job U!
  23. UniversalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by yohead View Post
    I tried a sip at this past weekend's ABC and lifting sessions... Love the taste... can't wait to get some down the road.

Great job U!
    This post ain't good with pics... Of either Intra-Aid or the ABC event.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

This post ain't good with pics... Of either Intra-Aid or the ABC event.
    As you would say... stay tuned...

25. UniversalUSA.com

As you would say... stay tuned...

Damn, Y, great pic. Love the way it was composed too, with all of you shaped like an "A", holding the Animal Banner...
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Damn, Y, great pic. Love the way it was composed too, with all of you shaped like an "A", holding the Animal Banner...
    haha I just noticed that... good eye sniper.

It was a bad ass event...
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Yea it's kind of hard to spot Yohead in that pick because Dee was in front of him covering him up and all *L*
  28. UniversalUSA.com

haha I just noticed that... good eye sniper.

It was a bad ass event...
    In my line of work, details are everything.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    Yea it's kind of hard to spot Yohead in that pick because Dee was in front of him covering him up and all *L*
    Geeeez.......
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Geeeez.......
    LOL! If you weren't so dang skinny bro, ya know?
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    D'oh!!!
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Thanks fellas. I got some nice compliments from Erik since the last time I saw him at the Arnold.
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Thanks fellas. I got some nice compliments from Erik since the last time I saw him at the Arnold.

You all were looking large out there this weekend bro. Looks like I missed an awesome event.

Hg
  34. UniversalUSA.com

OK fellas, chest day was up and as some of you know, I was gonna play around with the amount of h20. I think I found my sweet spot. Instead of 20 oz per scoop, I've settled in on 25-30 oz. The sweetness and taste is still there, but the drink is even lighter for me. I've been accustomed to taking in EAAs with water (EAA Stack or Nitro G--basically free form aminos + water), so that's the kind of lightness I was accustomed to. Def cold water is better than room temperature water. Either cold or room temperature, Intra-Aid goes into solution quick... Today's drink was approximately 55 oz with 2 scoops of Intra-Aid.

Anyways, the tingles kicked in early today. I was hoping to get more under the belt pre-workout, but thing got too hectic. Needless to say, I see a direct correlation between what's in my stomach before I drink Intra-Aid and how strong the tingles are... I'm def gonna get in something heavier the next time around, maybe not immediately pre, but the whole food meal before pre-... Anyway, I'm not sure if it's in my head, but I def feel like I'm less tired and I got more gas in the tanks during the workout. I'll know better as time wears on... Also, no stomach issues, no cramps, nothing... So far, so good...
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Question

OK fellas, chest day was up and as some of you know, I was gonna play around with the amount of h20. I think I found my sweet spot. Instead of 20 oz per scoop, I've settled in on 25-30 oz. The sweetness and taste is still there, but the drink is even lighter for me. I've been accustomed to taking in EAAs with water (EAA Stack or Nitro G--basically free form aminos + water), so that's the kind of lightness I was accustomed to. Def cold water is better than room temperature water. Either cold or room temperature, Intra-Aid goes into solution quick... Today's drink was approximately 55 oz with 2 scoops of Intra-Aid.

Anyways, the tingles kicked in early today. I was hoping to get more under the belt pre-workout, but thing got too hectic. Needless to say, I see a direct correlation between what's in my stomach before I drink Intra-Aid and how strong the tingles are... I'm def gonna get in something heavier the next time around, maybe not immediately pre, but the whole food meal before pre-... Anyway, I'm not sure if it's in my head, but I def feel like I'm less tired and I got more gas in the tanks during the workout. I'll know better as time wears on... Also, no stomach issues, no cramps, nothing... So far, so good...
    As a general idea, what are you usually eating for the food meal, pre...?
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Was also wondering how long between that meal and when you start to drink your Intra-Aid?
  37. UniversalUSA.com

I really, really varies a lot for me. It all depends on how I'm feeling and what my body's telling. I guess over the years, I've become very attuned to it, and know how to correlate what I'm feeling with what I should eat and how it'll affect me. You talking immediately pre?
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I really, really varies a lot for me. It all depends on how I'm feeling and what my body's telling. I guess over the years, I've become very attuned to it, and know how to correlate what I'm feeling with what I should eat and how it'll affect me. You talking immediately pre?
    The whole food meal, pre... Not the pre-workout "snack/meal"... As you had said that fow full you were may correspond to how intense the tingles were...
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.

haha, that's funny.
    we were trying to arrange it by the color of the shirts, but couldn't fit everyone in the pic.
    plus we were tired from the night before, beat from the workout, and ready to EAT!
  40. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

We're waiting on our distributor to get this in , then it should be on it's way to Nutraplanet

Similar Forum Threads

1. intra-wo??
    By SweetLou321 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 08:43 PM
  2. Intra-aid Review
    By joebo in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 08:01 AM
  3. Intra-Aid Review
    By Mr 100 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 5