My Uni-Liver Journal

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ordered a bottle of Uni-Liver, 250 count from Nutraplanet to see if this particular supplement, cheap supplement, would be a noticable benefit to add to my cabinet. Since I haven't ran a log in a while and Universal is new to the forums i'll give a bit of a background on myself.

Im 33 and have a bit of a chaotic lifestyle. I work rotating shifts and have a lot of additional duties within my career that take a lot of time and I have suffered some injuries that have limited my gym time, from time to time. I lift for strength and size and can put on muscle pretty decently but I also battle with fat gain. Sometimes eating clean takes a backseat to paying for a divorce, if you follow :)

I had a bad gluten allergy flare up about 2 years ago that has only recently subsided. I don't supplement with creatine or protein and my only current supplement stack is a Multi-V, iron pill(borderline anemic), Celebrex and Alieve for back pain stemming from a fractured back that likes to act up on occasion.

I've recently (2 months ago) picked up daily cardio with all my workout days. Up to 2 miles ran outside on a track. I will run on my non workout days and every once in a while will add the run after my workout.

This reveiw is one done without any product sponsoring by Universal. I spent my own money to try a couple new products that i've never tried before and this was one of them.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First impression upon opening the container was a "holy ****" those things were freaking huge!

I took my first serving of two pills at lunch, which was some activa yogurt with granola and a glass of water. After a few days of two pills twice a day I will up the dose to two pills per meal for a few days and go from there based off any noticable effects or sides.

*To be upfront I have been on a special Havoc cycle for three weeks that I will speak about in their forum at a later date once I make sure everything is in order. I don't want anyone to think i'm trying to make a BS review or not be honest about what's in my diet*

So far no stomach issues with taking the horse.... erm cow pills lol

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hold them in your mouth for a few minutes. It'll freshen your breath. Babes love it!

In all honesty, the thing I like about Uniliver tabs is that they are dirt cheap, and contain a decent hit of B-vitmamins, allowing for multiple doses throughout the day for a steadier state of B-vitamin levels.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No pill burps so far either which is a huge bonus. Also, no strong smell when opening the container that I have seen with various supps in the past that made it damn near impossible to stomach them for any consistant time. Gonna throw two in a glass of water and see what kind of breakdown occurs. I've had issues in the past where pills I took didn't breakdown in my digestive tract.

K

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Way to test 'em out.

I think its funny I had the same damn reaction.. I was like holy crap horse pills!

Haha. Can't beat the price or nutrient breakdown. Subbed.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes I did. PM'd Chuck about conflicting products possibilites before running a log there.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Crude dissolve test

1 pill placed in room temp water
1 pill placed in faucet regulated hot water
1 pill placed in fridge cold sugar free lemonaide lol

All three placed in the glasses at 6:37pm I know this is far from an actual dissolve test using an environment equal to the stomach in acidity and temp etc. **** you let me have my fun!!!!!!!

:toofunny:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't they sell muriatic acid at the hardware store?

There's also the digestive enzymes and bacteria which help break it down further. Being organic based, as opposed to inorganic based (like your One-a-Day's), I'm sure it will break down better in the gut.

Regardless, have fun with Uniliver lemonade. I totally dare you to drink it.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh I could do this properly if I really wanted to but I felt like doing something with the three glasses in my sink :)

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Crude dissolve test

1 pill placed in room temp water
1 pill placed in faucet regulated hot water
1 pill placed in fridge cold sugar free lemonaide lol

All three placed in the glasses at 6:37pm I know this is far from an actual dissolve test using an environment equal to the stomach in acidity and temp etc. **** you let me have my fun!!!!!!!

:toofunny:
What about one in a glass of coca-cola...?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't drink soda lol.

I really don't see the dissolving to an issue since the outer layer in the hot water is already softening.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
8:05PM the Pill in the lemonaide is dissolved
8:37PM the Pill in the Hot water(now room temp) is dissolved
8:37PM the Pill in the room temp water is damn near completely dissolved with only a few larger particles floating around

I'm happy with the results and have no doubt they will digest quite easily.
/end PUBMED entered scientific experiment thing!

K

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Great experiment. I was always wondering some "rough" estimates of digestion for these bad boys. I take 'em 3 times daily, 4 caps at a time.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
RET from some other boards got me hooked on these things. I have jugs of these things stacked up in my office. I probably take between 10-12 spaced throughout the day. I find I have less trouble staying awake when I take them consistently. I also like the profile of these babies.

F

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Hey Jay,

Don't do too much water when taking these. Remember your gut is loaded with goodies that are much better at breaking these liver tabs better than water. If anything I'd buy some Now Foods Super Digestive Enzyme Tablets to toss in with them as they are cheap as dirt also. Plus they are just going to help everything else too.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
8:05PM the Pill in the lemonaide is dissolved
8:37PM the Pill in the Hot water(now room temp) is dissolved
8:37PM the Pill in the room temp water is damn near completely dissolved with only a few larger particles floating around

I'm happy with the results and have no doubt they will digest quite easily.
/end PUBMED entered scientific experiment thing!
Glad it worked out for ya, but remember, hot water or lemonade ain't no replacement for stomach aid and good 'ol peristalsis.

K

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Glad it worked out for ya, but remember, hot water or lemonade ain't no replacement for stomach aid and good 'ol peristalsis.
Stomach acid FTW!

I love seeing these dissolving experiments though. :thumbsup:

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
How did I miss this!? Histerical Jay! Love it. :D

Subbed.

Hg

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice work here jay! :D

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey hey fellas! Still taking my Uni-Liver and it's one of those products that doesn't have a 'rush' that's easy to rant and rave about but there are several noticable effects if you pay close enough attention.

Seems I to be a great way to get your vitamins and the added benefits from each of these. Especially the energy and well being from the B12. Also an excellent way for getting some extra BCAA's for those of us that don't take protein drinks.

Calories 14
Protein 3.2g 6%
Thiamin 80mcg 6%
Riboflavin 800mcg 48%
Niacin 4mg 20%
Vitamin B6 160mcg 8%
Folic Acid 104mcg 26%
Vitamin B12 48mcg 800%
Biotin 20mg 9%
Para-Aminobenzoic Acid 52mcg **
Choline 160mg **
Insitol 28mg
Honestly, for the price and what you get, this is a great product! I believe it would be a benefit to anyone's diet but specifically for those of us who eat restrictive diets that can leave us without proper nutrients. The added B12 is nice too! You can drop those calorie dense energy drinks@ 2 dollars a pop!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
**I haven't taken protein drink in close to or just over a year. I couldn't digest it. Another product has helped me with being able to take in whole foods without dying but I am still scared to try anything to cause me to be back in the misery I was in.

The extra protein and BCAA's are extremely useful to me and my situation.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Hey hey fellas! Still taking my Uni-Liver and it's one of those products that doesn't have a 'rush' that's easy to rant and rave about but there are several noticable effects if you pay close enough attention.

Seems I to be a great way to get your vitamins and the added benefits from each of these. Especially the energy and well being from the B12. Also an excellent way for getting some extra BCAA's for those of us that don't take protein drinks.

Honestly, for the price and what you get, this is a great product! I believe it would be a benefit to anyone's diet but specifically for those of us who eat restrictive diets that can leave us without proper nutrients. The added B12 is nice too! You can drop those calorie dense energy drinks@ 2 dollars a pop!
Yeah, the value is pretty tough to beat with Uni-Liver...

P

propho

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the review... These have become a staple for me..was recommended to me by BigV

Mr Aestheticz

Mr Aestheticz

Awards
  • Established
Love'em!

I have been using Uni-Liver's now for 5 week and absolutely love these things!

Besides the fact that I am a EAA, BCAA, and Amino Acid fanatic, these are pact with protein and other nutrients with no fat or cholesterol!

I am up to 21 a day now 3 with each meal 21/3= 7 for the math genius's lmao!

Anyways these are a must have and I will be using these year round whether cutting or bulking!

...EASY!!!

K

King Con

Awards
  • Established
I have been using Uni-Liver's now for 5 week and absolutely love these things!

Besides the fact that I am a EAA, BCAA, and Amino Acid fanatic, these are pact with protein and other nutrients with no fat or cholesterol!

I am up to 21 a day now 3 with each meal 21/3= 7 for the math genius's lmao!

Anyways these are a must have and I will be using these year round whether cutting or bulking!

...EASY!!!
Glad you are liking 'em Mr. A. I take 3 to 4 with each meal as well.

Mr Aestheticz

Mr Aestheticz

Awards
  • Established
Yup!

Glad you are liking 'em Mr. A. I take 3 to 4 with each meal as well.
I was putting together my off season supplement arsenal and everyone kept talking about them and I did some reading and research on supplementing with Liver tabs in general.

After reading what I read and saw what Uni-Liver tabs offered I decided to make it a part of my off-season arsenal. Now after using them and incorporating them I will use them for my cutting during my show.

K

King Con

Awards
  • Established
I was putting together my off season supplement arsenal and everyone kept talking about them and I did some reading and research on supplementing with Liver tabs in general.

After reading what I read and saw what Uni-Liver tabs offered I decided to make it a part of my off-season arsenal. Now after using them and incorporating them I will use them for my cutting during my show.
Glad to hear it. When I first read up about them I was stoked about trying them. I haven't stopped since and that was over a year ago.

Mr Aestheticz

Mr Aestheticz

Awards
  • Established
Re-upped!

JUST LPACED AN ORDER FOR 500 MORE :thumbsup:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
stopstalking Supplements 10
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0
W Supplements 17
kingdong Supplements 25