How to build an Animal Stack

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
What is a "stack"? No, it's not a reference to Animal "Stak". A stack is nothing more than a combo, a mix of different products "stacked" together to produce optimal results. Probably the question I get most is how to use the different Animal products. For all those who have asked, here's my little primer.

Step One
First and foremost, always start with Animal Pak. Animal Pak is the foundation among the core "foundational" Animal products (including Pak, Flex, Pump, Omega, Nitro). Pak should be at the center of any supplement regime (Animal or otherwise), as it contains the basics, like vits, minerals, antioxidants, electrolytes, etc. Truth is, by making sure your body has all it needs, this will mean that the other supps you take will work even better, especially the more sophisticated supps. Regardless of your goals, if you are serious about this game, you should be taking Animal Pak. If you're training hard, you should always supplement with a solid multi. And as far as I'm concerned, Animal Pak is the best there is. 'Nuff said.

Step Two
What are your goals? Are you bulking or on a cut? Have a clear idea of what you want to accomplish, and like I've said before, make sure your diet matches your goals. In other words, make sure the foods you eat and the quantities are right for your goals. Whole foods are the first and last line of defense. I can't stress this enough, fellas. I'd say food is even more important than training (of course, if ya wanna grow, you also gotta train)... Between food, lifting and rest, that's 99% of the battle. OK, assuming you're diet's in check, you're in the gym regularly and consistently, and you're stacking plenty of Zs, now we get to the other supps in the "stack"...

Step Three
The Animal products are designed to work together as "stacks", with the Animal Pak at the center. To get the most out of your "stack", you need to know which Animal product does what. This is pulled from "Way Of Animal" on Animalpak.com:

Foundational vs. Cycled Supplements
There are basically two categories of Animal products--the "foundational" ones and the goal-specific, specialty ones you "cycle". Simply put, the foundational supplements are those you take every day. These supplements include core or basic ingredients your body needs: Animal Pak, Animal Omega, Animal Nitro, Animal Pump and Animal Flex. The "cycled" products are specialty supplements designed to elicit specific results, at a specific time or provide particular benefits. These products follow a 21-day cycle typically and include Animal Stak, Animal M-Stak, Animal Test, and Animal Cuts.

Animal Pak
Foundational supplement. This is your core, your "iron skillet" when it comes to nutritional supplementation. This is step one, the starting point... You begin with with Animal Pak and add everything else around it. The Pak contains vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, electrolytes, digestive enzymes, amino acids, EFAs, and more.

Animal Omega
Foundational supplement. The serious bodybuilder knows the value of all things "essential". Like essential amino acids. Like essential fatty acids, or EFAs. EFAs are critical for the serious lifter for a whole host of reasons. Animal Omega is a specific EFA product that combines multiple sources of fish and vegetable-based oils for a complete and comprehensive EFA product. Convenient and dosed for the serious bodybuilder, Animal Omega is the last word on EFA supplementation.

Animal Pump
Foundational supplement. Covers the basics with creatine. Not just good 'ol tried and true monohydrate, but the latest, the greatest including patented magnesium creatine chelate, tricreatine malate and creatine ethyl ester. On top of that, we added the full complement of goodies, including NO boosters, stimulants, nooptropics, other cell volumizers, NO-related antioxidants, and more. This is your single, all-in-one, creatine-based "pump" product.

Animal Flex
Foundational supplement. A complete, comprehensive all-in-one joint and ligament supplement designed specifically for the powerlifter and bodybuilder. Full potency and easier once-per-day dosing make Animal Flex the perfect "support" supplement for strength athletes looking to "reinforce" the underlying structure of their physiques. Remember--you can pack on mass, but if you don't support the joints, tendons, and ligaments as well, you're gonna be in for a world of hurt.

Animal Stak
Cycled supplement. Animal Stak is a specialty pro-testosterone supplement. Stak can help your body improve: (1) existing test levels and (2) overall test function/ratios. This second point is crucial here. Animal Stak can help you utilize the test you already have, emphasizing "free testosterone" ratios. Though you may have high test levels, if it's bound up as “total” test, you can't tap into it. Stak was designed to address this. Suited for lifters over 25 or those who "low" free test levels.

Animal Nitro
Foundational supplement. Essential amino acids (EAAs) are absolutely "essential" for the human body and for the strength athlete. Your body can't make EAAs so you can only get them through diet or supplementation. When it comes to pre- and post-training, nothing is better than EAAs alone for igniting anabolism and protein synthesis. The EAAs in Animal Nitro are modeled after the EAAs in actual human muscle itself for superior benefits. After all, it's not just about getting EAAs. It's about the right ratios and the right amounts.

Animal M-Stak
Cycled supplement. Animal M-Stak is a “natural” pro-anabolic designed especially for “hardgainers” (those who have a hard time putting on weight) and those on those on a "bulk". M-Stak can help increase anabolism via protein synthesis and nitrogen retention. M-Stak can help shuttle more of the calories you eat into lean mass, not body fat (nutrition-partitioning), making this product ideal for those lifters looking for lean gains.

Animal Cuts
Cycled supplement. Animal Cuts is our complete thermogenic & diuretic “cutting” formula. Helps not only with fat burning but with water retention as well. Suitable for contest prep or following an off-season bulk when you need to shed some fat.

Animal Test
Cycled supplement. Animal Test is a powerful, legal hypertrophic/pro-testosterone supplement. Combining the most potent natural extracts with one of the hottest, patented, proven supplements to hit the industry in recent years, the all new Animal Test redefines the capabilities of over-the-counter bodybuilding supplementation.

Step Four
Once you have an understanding what each "pack" product does, you can begin putting 'em together mixing 'n matching. Here's a hypothetical, fellas.... Let's say you want a basic "mass" stack. You've upped the cals and are eating more. Great. So again, you start with Animal Pak. Another great foundational Animal product is Animal Pump. It gives ya your daily dose of creatine plus other goodies. So there ya go, Pak/Pump. A great, basic combo. Maybe you're taking bulk creatine and don't need energy before ya lift. Maybe you're on a bulk. Maybe now you should consider Pak/M-Stak instead, especially if you're a hardgainer. And if you're not taking bulk creatine, then you're stack might look like Pak/Pump/M-Stak.

Here's another example. Let's say you're looking to shed a few pounds. Again, start with the Pak. On a cut, the Pak will play a greater role as you're reducing your overall food intake (in theory). But at the same time, you don't want to lose any hard-earned muscle. To kickstart the metabolism, you might throw in Animal Cuts for the thermogenics, lipolytics and diuretics. Just to play it safe, and to help preserve lean mass, you might throw in Animal Nitro (cuz you know studies show EAAs can help preserve mass). So now you're stack looks like Pak/Cuts/Nitro.

These are just two example. Of course, you can get more creative with just Animal products. Or, you can throw in other solid products and mix 'n match. For example, Pak/Pump/Nitro/Torrent or even Pak/Pump/EAA Stack/Torrent. The combinations are limitless.

Figure out what supplements you want to help you meet your goals. If you're already using supplements, figure out what the gaps are. Then work around the gaps, again, starting with Pak.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering when this was going to get on here...:head:

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Fellas, feel free to post your personal Animal "stacks" here. Also, if you want feedback or insight into a future stack, list it here as well. Thanks.

Animal Rep

Animal Rep

Awards
  • Established
Any question you guys have regarding a stack feel free to post and I will give you my expert advice as what to take to achieve the goals you are working for

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost:great post NG.
this post should be pinned or something so it is one of the 1st ones that those new to Animal read.

i see a lot of new guys (not just here, but also on other forums) just throwing together stacks left and right
thinking that "more is better" regardless their goals or whether or not their diet, training, and basic supps are in order.

this article is great, but what if you guys add a graphic to this article like the old food pyramid???
most guys are too lazy to read through this list, but a graphic would catch their eye and also relay the info quickly and easily...

think about it:
Test on top.
Cuts next.
M-Stak and Stak next...
Pump and Nitro next...
Pak, Omega and Flex at the bottom.

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
this article is great, but what if you guys add a graphic to this article like the old food pyramid???
most guys are too lazy to read through this list, but a graphic would catch their eye and also relay the info quickly and easily...
I have seen something like your talking about. It was a chart that had all the products and goals with x's in the corresponding blocks. Just cant find it at the moment. Its somewhere on animalpak.com. Will keep looking

Also heres another great link in assisting with choosing a Stak: Choosing The Right Animal "Stack" Combo Although not as good as Nat Guy and U-Reps personal touch in a thread like this.

EDIT: Nevermind, the chart I was thinking of is nothing like a Food Pyramid. I'm losing it.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
this post should be pinned or something so it is one of the 1st ones that those new to Animal read.

i see a lot of new guys (not just here, but also on other forums) just throwing together stacks left and right
thinking that "more is better" regardless their goals or whether or not their diet, training, and basic supps are in order.

think about it:
Test on top.
Cuts next.
M-Stak and Stak next...
Pump and Nitro next...
Animal Pyramid, eh?

For me, the base def consists of Pak, Omega and Flex.

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
Uni-Liver too???
i think we better stick to just Animal products or this could get confusing! haha
my Univeral pyramind would be huge! Uni-Liver, Torrent, EAA Nitro, EAA Stack, Ultra Iso Whey, etc...

Animal Rep

Animal Rep

Awards
  • Established
Uni-Liver too???
i think we better stick to just Animal products or this could get confusing! haha
my Univeral pyramind would be huge! Uni-Liver, Torrent, EAA Nitro, EAA Stack, Ultra Iso Whey, etc...
My 4 pillars of Animal:

Pak
Omega
Flex
Nitro

My 4 pillars of Universal:

EAA Stack
Ultra Iso Whey
Uni Liver
NOX3

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
My 4 pillars of Animal:

Pak
Omega
Flex
Nitro

My 4 pillars of Universal:

EAA Stack
Ultra Iso Whey
Uni Liver
NOX3
Nice. My Four Pillars:
- Animal Pak
- Animal Flex
- Animal Omega
- Universal Uni-Liver

To contenders:
- Animal Pump
- Animal Nitro
- EAA Stack Watermelon
- Torrent
- Intra-Aid (soon to be)

Animal Rep

Animal Rep

Awards
  • Established
Nice. My Four Pillars:
- Animal Pak
- Animal Flex
- Animal Omega
- Universal Uni-Liver

To contenders:
- Animal Pump
- Animal Nitro
- EAA Stack Watermelon
- Torrent
- Intra-Aid (soon to be)
I knew you would like it

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm if I had to cut it down to 4 I would prob chose two from each brand so:

Pak
Flex
EAA Stack
Ultra iso Whey
I keep seeing Iso Whey being mentioned a lot... I'll have to try it... I hear Lemonade Chiiler is great...:thumbsup:

Animal Rep

Animal Rep

Awards
  • Established

think about it:
Test on top.
Cuts next.
M-Stak and Stak next...
Pump and Nitro next...
I like the Animal pyramid idea. I would have mine look like this:

Cuts on top..
M-stak and Pump next..
Stak next..
Test next...
Pak, Omega, Nitro, and Flex at the bottom.

Animal Rep

Animal Rep

Awards
  • Established
I keep seeing Iso Whey being mentioned a lot... I'll have to try it... I hear Lemonade Chiiler is great...:thumbsup:
That is def my favorite. The Tropical Punch also tastes great. It really gives you the oppurtunity to stray away from the traditional Vanilla, Chocolate, and Strawberry shake out there. They can get old after a few years of use, so it's always very nice to be able to throw a change up in there.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
That is def my favorite. The Tropical Punch also tastes great. It really gives you the oppurtunity to stray away from the traditional Vanilla, Chocolate, and Strawberry shake out there. They can get old after a few years of use, so it's always very nice to be able to throw a change up in there.
I'll definitely be giving it a shot, then...:thumbsup:

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Hey NG, or any company representative...

I'm adding some Saw Palmetto to my supplement regimen now.
Universal Saw Palmetto

I see it recommends to take 1 tablet twice a day. I plan to use this during times that I am not taking one of the cycled supplements that already contain it.

My question is this... how is best to dose this? Should I take it with meals? Upon rising? At bedtime? Throughout the day? Does it even matter? What is the best dosing protocol for this product.

Thanks fellas...

Hg

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established

Universal Saw Palmetto

I see it recommends to take 1 tablet twice a day. I plan to use this during times that I am not taking one of the cycled supplements that already contain it.

My question is this... how is best to dose this? Should I take it with meals? Upon rising? At bedtime? Throughout the day? Does it even matter? What is the best dosing protocol for this product.

Thanks fellas...

Hg
I'm not NG, or a company rep (Obviously, and unfortunately...) But a LOT of people do it in the a.m., when they wake up...

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I'm not NG, or a company rep (Obviously, and unfortunately...) But a LOT of people do it in the a.m., when they wake up...

It says twice a day so then before bed too?

Thanks bro.

Animal Rep

Animal Rep

Awards
  • Established

Universal Saw Palmetto

Thanks fellas...

Hg
I would take it in between meals. Take 1-2 tablets twice daily.

Mr Aestheticz

Mr Aestheticz

Awards
  • Established
Foundation!

I am on a basic foundation stack right now for my off-season!

The Pak, Omega, and Flex

I am using a very good amount of Universal products for my off season.

I generally use/used the ANIMAL line when preparing for a show.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
HG, I'm also taking some Saw Palmetto, and doing it upon waking and about 7 hours later.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
HG, I'm also taking some Saw Palmetto, and doing it upon waking and about 7 hours later.

Ain't no reason not to B. And when you think about what it does and also think about all the Test boosters we use it just makes sense. I'm doing mine with breakfast and at bed time right now. I switch to Universal Prostate Support while I'm running my Test stack and then I'll switch back to just the Saw P when it is done.

Hg

sumbum801

Awards
  • Established
hey guys just wondering if stak and m-stack would be a good stack (that's alot of stacks). Im hoping i win the m-stak because if i dont im going to be forced to go buy it... along with stak.........Anyways, "hypothetically" if i were to win, would you guys be opposed of me running Animal stak with Animal m-stak? or would you prefer solo? thanks for the response in advance!

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
hey guys just wondering if stak and m-stack would be a good stack (that's alot of stacks). Im hoping i win the m-stak because if i dont im going to be forced to go buy it... along with stak.........Anyways, "hypothetically" if i were to win, would you guys be opposed of me running Animal stak with Animal m-stak? or would you prefer solo? thanks for the response in advance!
Hey sb, Stak and M-Stak work together perfectly. It's on of the best Animal stacks you can put together IMO.

As for your second question, it would be best if you would ask B Con that in the M-Stak promo thread. I can't really speak for him on that.

Hg

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Yes, Stak and M Stak is a good stack (I added Test to this and hard great results, increased strength, lost BF, lost inches off my waist, and put on a little shy of 10 lbs). You have to be sure to EAT and train. Proper nutrition and training cannot be replaced by mere supplementation. There is a lot of good applications, I am going to go through them all with a fine tooth comb.

In the event you are chosen as a winner, PM me that same question and I will address it to you. But I will just say I like the way you think ;)

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
for a Test/Stak combo run, do you split the doses (ie Stak in am, Test in pm/prewo) or dose both at the same time? I was thinking split, plus a little extra AA along with the Stak dose in the am.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
for a Test/Stak combo run, do you split the doses (ie Stak in am, Test in pm/prewo) or dose both at the same time? I was thinking split, plus a little extra AA along with the Stak dose in the am.
Splitting them is a great way to do it. Myself, when I ran that stack, I took the Animal Test pre-workout and the Animal Stak at bedtime.

Hg

bigjoe3636

Awards
can animal cuts be uset with NO explode? last time i did i thought my heart was going to blow...also after being on animal cuts for about 2 weeks i had some chest pain and stopped...is this normal?

rcrott1

Any new Animal stacks out there?
here is my combo stak for right now..

AM
Pak
Omega
Flex
Trib Pro
NSC

Preworkout
BA9
NSC
GH Max
Trib Pro

Intra
EAA Stack

Postworkout
OKG
EAA Stack w/ 50g simple carbs

Before Bed
Omega
GH Max
ZMA
Trib Pro

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
can animal cuts be uset with NO explode? last time i did i thought my heart was going to blow...also after being on animal cuts for about 2 weeks i had some chest pain and stopped...is this normal?
That is a lot of stims for anyone. Yes you could cause yourself some health problems if you keep pounding stims like that. I would never take 2 heavy stim products at the same time. Cuts is a thermo so it is going to be high in stims and from what I've read NO Explode is one of the highest stim loaded pre-workout products you can get.

Be careful with what you put in your body bro. Doing that was the equivalent of drinking several pots of strong coffee everyday. That is not good for your heart. A little stims is fine but all things in moderation man.

Any time you are not sure the best time to ask is before you use something. You can always run it past us here, send us a PM or an email... or if that isn't getting you a fast answer you are always welcome to call corporate and ask. Our number is available on our web site. We always want consumers to be informed about their supplement choices.

Glad to hear you are OK now. Hit me up any time you need info my man.

Hg

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
My New "Mad Scientist" Stack... AKA Mr. Dead's Rebound Stack...

Workout Days
1st thing in the morning: 1st dose of "M"
With 1st meal: Pak
1 hour after 1st meal: 1st dose of "I"
1 hour after 3rd meal: 2nd dose of "I"
45 min before workout: 2nd dose of "M", Shock Therapy, Storm, and the only dose of "N"
Intra Workout: Intra Aid and EAA Stack
Post Workout: Torrent
After whole food meal following workout: 3rd dose of "I"

Non Workout Days
Everything stays the same, but no Torrent, Intra Aid, or EAA Stack...

"M"=M-Stak
"I"=Iso-stack
"N"= Natural Sterol Complex

I've also now added BCAA Stack into the mix, now, as well... So, we have a nice steady flood of Aminos, Sterols, Flavones, and Sterones is what this basically amounts to... Plus the re-introduction of creatine and 100g more carbs into my system, to help amplify all the gains from my rebound from the contest prep... So, I'm doubling the daily dose of M-Stak and adding the normal 3 doses of Iso-Stack for the Sterones and Flavones... Regular dose of Natural Sterol Complex, for the Sterol side of the house...

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
New Current Stack...

Pak
Test
M-Stak
Real Gains (Cookies-n-Cream...)
EAA Stack (Juicy Watermelon...)
BCAA Stack (Lemon lime...)
Intra Aid (Citrus...)
Torrent (GAA...)
Flex
Shock Therapy (Grape...)
Storm (Grape...)

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
I gained 40 pounds in 5 months since i switched from ON to using animal/universal products.

I started at 200 lbs and went to 215 on Pak, Flex, and M-stak.
I went from 215 lbs to 230 on Pak,flex, Test, Nitro, Shock therapy,and ZMA
I went from 230 to my current 240.6 on Pak, omega, flex, nitro, M-stak and its only been two weeks in.

Incline went up 40 lbs
flat went up 50 lbs
BB curl went up 50 lbs
squat went up 70 lbs
Db military press went up 60 lbs

rediculous... Animal boy for life.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
I gained 40 pounds in 5 months since i switched from ON to using animal/universal products.

I started at 200 lbs and went to 215 on Pak, Flex, and M-stak.
I went from 215 lbs to 230 on Pak,flex, Test, Nitro, Shock therapy,and ZMA
I went from 230 to my current 240.6 on Pak, omega, flex, nitro, M-stak and its only been two weeks in.

Incline went up 40 lbs
flat went up 50 lbs
BB curl went up 50 lbs
squat went up 70 lbs
Db military press went up 60 lbs

rediculous... Animal boy for life.

Excellent results bro. No doubt that you tireless dedication to the pursuit of growth is the core reason for your progress. Keep doing what you've been doing man.

Hg