Universal Torrent FAQ's

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established

FAQ #1: Does Torrent contain enough protein?
Yes. Torrent has 20g of protein, but it's not just regular whey protein. Torrent contains expensive WPH (whey protein hydrolysates), which is the fastest absorbing protein of its kind, even faster than free form aminos. After a workout the goal is to take in only the most efficient sources of nutrients and WPH is as efficient as it gets. Plus, research suggests that too much protein isn't efficient as excess can convert to the waste product, urea. Torrent is lean and efficient and was designed with the idea that nothing should go to waste. Also, bear in mind that Torrent contains 8,000mg of a special leucine complex, bringing up the total amino acid content of Torrent significantly. For those in the know, leucine may very well be the most anabolic of all the amino acids. This 8,000mg, when combined with WPH, creates a far greater impact than 20g of whey protein concentrate alone. See FAQ #5 below.

FAQ #2: I've been hearing a lot about Waxy Maize Starch. What makes it so special?

Waxy Maize Starch (WMS) is a unique and very expensive "high molecular weight" carbohydrate that has the ability to move through the stomach rapidly. This is ideal for quick glycogen replenishment without "stomach bloat". Just as importantly, WMS has the ability to draw or "pull" other nutrients into your muscles cells along with it?this special "torrent" action makes it an ideal carb for post-workout ingestion.

FAQ #3: Why use Waxy Maize Starch in conjunction with other carbs?

WMS has a "nutrient drawing" effect because of its high molecular weight. Taken in the Osmosulin Carb Matrix along with d-glucose and maltodextrin, you combine this rapid gut-passing of aminos and other nutrients from WMS with the potent insulin spiking properties of simple carbohydrates. In other words, Torrent provides a fuller spectrum of various carb sources, each with their own functional advantages.

FAQ #4: Do I need to use Torrent on my non-training days?
No. Torrent is a post-workout supplement that can optimally be used on training days when your muscles require superior, targeted nutrition.

FAQ #5: Why do I need Torrent? Isn't my regular PWO protein shake enough?
Simply put, no. Recent studies show that combining whey along with carbs and leucine is more beneficial than protein alone or protein and carbs alone. The additional leucine appears to help further stimulate muscle protein synthesis and maximally optimizes whole protein balance. Leucine is the "money" amino in terms of anabolism, and Torrent delivers a full 8,000 milligram complex of its most advanced forms. With Torrent, all of your postworkout needs are covered in one shot and at a price that is very, very nice. Easily digested protein, an advanced carb blend and 18,000mg of cutting-edge aminos and creatine all in one is a delicious postworkout drink mix.

FAQ #6: Does Torrent need to be "cycled"?
No, as a post-workout shake, Torrent should be taken after each workout to help supply your muscles with the right nutrients for muscle growth and repair. There is no need to cycle it. Regarding the creatines used in Torrent, see FAQ #9.

FAQ #7: Can I mix Torrent with milk or is water enough?
You can, but for optimal results, Torrent should be mixed with water. Torrent is a complete post-workout shake. Adding milk or other substances to the shake can cause some delay of its absorption--meaning it'll take longer for critical nutrients to reach your muscle cells. 20 oz. of water hand mixed in a standard shaker cup or water bottle is all you need.

FAQ #8: Can I use Storm and Shock Therapy with Torrent?
Yes. Torrent is designed to fit right along with the tried and true combination of Shock Therapy and Storm. Here's how... Shock Therapy pre. Consume Storm either during your workout or immediately afterwards. Take Torrent within 15 minutes after your workout.

FAQ #9: Conversely, do I need another source of creatine other than that contained in Torrent?
No. While you can stack Torrent with other creatine products like Animal Pump, Storm and/or Shock Therapy for greater results, you can also use Torrent as your sole creatine source. Torrent contains a 3g creatine complex, including creatine ethyl ester (CEE) and magnesium creatine chelate (MCC). Bear in mind that, as you are using Torrent only on training days, you'll still need to supplement with creatine on your off days.

FAQ #10: How does Torrent taste?
It is difficult to mask the flavor and texture of a formula that includes not only WPH and WMS, but 18g of advanced aminos. But through months of stringent taste testing protocols and new advancements in flavoring, we think we created a product you will actually look forward to consuming.

Torrent's Formula

Serving Size 3 Scoops (~99g) Servings Per Container 15

Amount Per Serving DV %

Calories 302

Calories from Fat 14

Total Fat 1.5g 9%*

Saturated Fat 1g 6%

Total Carbohydrate 52g 17%

Sugars 26g **

Protein 20g 40%

Calcium 112mg 11%

Sodium 127mg 5%

Potassium 192mg 6%

Torrent Proprietary Blend 18,000mg **

Anti-Catabolic 8000mg **

Leucine Complex

L-Leucine **

Leucine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AKG)**

Leucine Ethyl Ester **

N-Acetyl Leucine **

Volubolic Amino Blend 7000mg **

Taurine **

Glutamine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AKG) **

L-Phenylalanine **

Citrulline Malate **

Creabolic Complex 3000mg **

Creatine Monohydrate **

Creatine Ethyl Ester (CEE)

Magnesium Creatine Chelate? (MCC) **

Tri-Methyl Glycine (TMG) **

** No Daily Value established

* Percent Daily Value based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Other Ingredients: Osmosulin Matrix? (D-glucose, waxy maize, maltodextrin), partially hydrolyzed whey protein concentrate (milk), (providing di-, tri-, oligo- and polypeptides), malic acid, artificial flavor, citric acid, sodium chloride, magnesium phosphate, potassium phosphate, sucralose, acesulfame potassium, Red #40 and FD&C Blue #1.

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
I love this stuff and the taste is amazing. I just started my first tub and I've been very pleasantly suprised. I didn't doubt that it would be a quality product but I wasn't sold on the taste. I was proven wrong because it's the best tasting Post Workout shake i've had yet.

Animal Rep

Animal Rep

Awards
  • Established
I love this stuff and the taste is amazing. I just started my first tub and I've been very pleasantly suprised. I didn't doubt that it would be a quality product but I wasn't sold on the taste. I was proven wrong because it's the best tasting Post Workout shake i've had yet.
Personally I am a huge fan of the Cherry Berry Blast

MuscleHeadGuy

Banned
Awards
I've been wanting to try this for a long time, but never heard much about it.

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking guys. Universal needs to make Torrent available with a pre mixed version of the infamous 2:1 ratio of Green Apple to Cherry. I don't mind buying a tub of each, but how awesome would it be if it was sold this way.

Universal Torrent: Cherry Apple

Animal Rep

Animal Rep

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking guys. Universal needs to make Torrent available with a pre mixed version of the infamous 2:1 ratio of Green Apple to Cherry. I don't mind buying a tub of each, but how awesome would it be if it was sold this way.

That would be interesting. Kind of like a vanilla/chocolate ice cream swirl. Hmmm something to ponder....

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
Forget cherry apple go Orange all the way! Orange FTW!:head:

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
those who know me, know i love CBB like U Rep loves Strawberry RG.

last night post-wo, i decided to try "the infamous 2:1 ratio of Green Apple to Cherry"...

1 part GAA + 2 parts CBB = WOW :thumbsup:

Opiewags99

Opiewags99

Awards
I'm sure this has been asked a million times before, but what do you guys think about Torrent while on a cut?

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure this has been asked a million times before, but what do you guys think about Torrent while on a cut?
Depends on how many carbs you're allowed... When I was pre-contest I was allowed only 50 Grams per day... So, for myself, personally, it wasn't allowed... Lots of delicious carbs and sugars in Torrent... (52 g carbs, 26 g sugar...) But it sure tastes great!!!

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
Depends on how many carbs you're allowed... When I was pre-contest I was allowed only 50 Grams per day... So, for myself, personally, it wasn't allowed... Lots of delicious carbs and sugars in Torrent... (52 g carbs, 26 g sugar...) But it sure tastes great!!!
good question... i guess it depends on two questions:
First: are you just "cutting" or in a serious contest prep?
Second: If contest prep, who's philosophy's are you following?

i've been cutting for a few months and really watching my carbs.
i quit using Torrent for awhile, but have started using it again and it is helping.

for contest prep there are some natty trainers (layne, etc) who utilize crabs to a great extent, and others that eliminate them totally.

either way, if you're gonna have carbs, the ideal time to have them is either pre- or post-wo.

unless you're in a serious contest prep, i think the carbs in Torrent are excellent post-wo and are key in restoring glycogen.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Best orange I ever had was the Orange Creamsicle by Ergopharm. Get your flavour guys working on something like that :thumbsup: Looking forward to trying out the Green Apple soon.
I can tell you first hand that the Green Apple Avalanche is crazy delicious. I so look forward to my Torrent shake after my workouts when I got a tub of GAA going.

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
I can tell you first hand that the Green Apple Avalanche is crazy delicious. I so look forward to my Torrent shake after my workouts when I got a tub of GAA going.
i crave CBB after my workout, it's wierd. :lol:

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
i crave CBB after my workout, it's wierd. :lol:
I don't think it's weird bro. I am the same way. I go 50/50 with the flavors wanting 1 the one time and the other another time. Sometimes I mix them ;)

Hg

King Con

Awards
  • Established
I am normally hobbling down to my gym bag ready to mix up my CBB or green apple mix.... D a m n... I love some Torrent it really helps ya after a workout.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
I am normally hobbling down to my gym bag ready to mix up my CBB or green apple mix.... D a m n... I love some Torrent it really helps ya after a workout.
And it tastes sooooooooo gooooooood....

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
i just picked up Intra (citrus flavored) and Torrent (Green Apple) really looking forward to using these during/after my workout today!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
i just picked up Intra (citrus flavored) and Torrent (Green Apple) really looking forward to using these during/after my workout today!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Definitely the best flavors of both of those products...

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
the torrent taste like ass! the cherry or fruit punch watever flavor it is flat out nasty... i almost puked... but today was the first day in about a year that i ahve done high rep on bench. 8,6,4,3,2,1,4 well see how it did for recovery and how the inra aid worked...

shock threapy loved it.

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
the torrent taste like ass! the cherry or fruit punch watever flavor it is flat out nasty... i almost puked... but today was the first day in about a year that i ahve done high rep on bench. 8,6,4,3,2,1,4 well see how it did for recovery and how the inra aid worked...

shock threapy loved it.
damn bro that sucks to hear. just a heads up though, i picked up my first tub of torrent last week and since im not a big cherry fan i bought the Green Apple flavor and its pretty amazing tasting. if you can tough it out through the tub of cherry and you like your results and plan on buying another tub, id definitely recommend the Green Apple. incredibly delicious.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i bought the stack all together i seriously got it the day after i ordered trust me i can deal with a tub of cherry lol...

and ill deal with it the rest of my life if i like the gains haha. but ill look into ordering the green apple sounds amazing.

Rhys26

Awards
What's the new flavour and when is it due to be released? Green apple is awesome. You get used to the Cherry flavour

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
My first reaction to the CBB wasn't that great either. Try mixing it with just a little more water (and i mean only a little, like another 1-2 oz) and make sure it is ice cold. That helps a lot. Now I crave.

I gotta say that the GAA is my fav so far though. I do think that the new flavor will be my fav once it is out. Can't say what it is yet fellas but I have tasted it and it has serious potential.

Hg

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
just got 2 6.1 lbs tubs for $13 each
cant wait ot give it a go tommorrow

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is an incredible buy bro! Is it sharable or was that just a special deal for you?
it was on special at healthsupperstore[dot]com
but i think the special is over