Animal Pump FAQ's

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established

Q: Do I need to take Pump on non-training days?

A: You should, yes. Animal Pump is a core, foundational supplement (like Animal Pak and Animal Flex)--one that we believe should be taken on a daily basis. If you are looking to stretch out your can of Pump for budget reasons, you can use bulk creatine or Storm for off days, saving Pump specifically preworkout. Having said that, your results may not be optimal.

Q: If I use Animal Pump do I need to supplement with extra creatine?

A: No. No. No. Animal Pump comes equipped with a full daily dose of creatine. Studies show that all ya need is 2-3 grams of creatine per day--that's it. And these were done with just plain ol’ monohydrate. And if 2 grams of plain mono is good enough, then you can bet 3 grams of the most cutting-edge, advanced, patented creatines are gonna be plenty. Other things t keep in mind:

1. Long before there were creatine "supplements", we were getting creatine through the foods we ate. We need to take this into consideration when we look at our overall creatine intake. And the foods bodybuilders typically eat are often those that have the highest levels of creatine (think beef, for example).

2. More and more supplements contain creatine, and many lifters are taking different supplements, creating a potential overlap. There also seems to be a general mentality among supplement users--that more is better. When it comes to creatine, this is not the case.

3. Animal Pump has been tested thoroughly before it was launched via Alpha Testing: (http://animalpak.com/html/article_de...=320&section=). These Alpha Testers, along with tens of thousands of people using Pump in the real world have shown that Pump is the real deal.

4. Animal Pump, like all Animal products, come with a full money back guarantee. If there wasn't enough creatine, Pump wouldn't work and there would be many problems.

Q: What's the difference between Animal Pump and Shock Therapy/Storm?

A: They are comparable products designed to do similar things. The main differences are that Pump comes in pills, whereas Shock Therapy and Storm are both powdered drink mixes. Also, while Shock Therapy and Pump are both "preworkout" supplements, lifters usually get a bigger and faster energy kick from the Shock Therapy. Animal Pump provides a smoother, longer-lasting energy boost.

Q: I train in the evenings and don’t want to have stimulants late in the day. Can I remove the red energy capsule and use it at a different time?

A: Sure thing. All the stims have been conveniently placed into a single capsule. Just remove the red capsule and you're set. By removing this red cap, you just take out the energy booster... You will not lose the effectiveness of the rest of the ingredients.

Q: I am looking to drop some fat, can I use the Cuts and the Pump together? If so, would that be too many stimulants to consume prior to my workout?

A: You can use them both, together. In fact, this would be quite an effective combination as Pump helps a dieting athlete to maintain strength and performance even when in a state of caloric deficit. Animal Pump works to draw water into the muscle (intracellular). Animal Cuts on the other hand pulls water from under the skin (extracellular). The two will not cancel each other out if taken in the same cycle. Just be sure to leave 3-4 hours in between the doses, taking Pump immediately preworkout. If you are sensitive to caffeine and stimulants, avoid using these products within 4-6 hrs of bedtime.

Q: How much caffeine is in Animal Pump?

A: Animal Pump has as much caffeine as roughly two strong cups of coffee.

Q: Can I take Animal Pump with a meal?

A: For best absorption and optimal utilization, you should avoid taking Animal Pump with food. That said, serious bodybuilders never have a completley empty stomach. If you take in pre-workout nutrition, like a shake, take it as far out as you can and then take Animal Pump about 30 minutes or so before lifting. Try to take the Pump at least 15-30 minutes (if not more) after that meal. You will need to experiment to find the best timing to suit your needs.

Q: How can I use Pump and Stak?

A: It's pretty easy. 45 minutes before you lift, the Stak. 30 minutes before you lift, the Pump. Keep in mind these are guidelines. You may need to tailor the timing specifically to your needs. The Pump/Stak stack is a solid stack for serious lifters over 25 looking to add size, strength and performance.

Q: Does Pump have to be cycled?

A: No. Animal Pump, like Animal Pak, Animal Flex, and Animal Omega, are considered "foundational" supplements. These can be taken daily and can after can, without break. The other Animal products are considered "cycled" products and include Animal Test, Animal M-Stak, Animal Stak and Animal Cuts. These generally follow a strict 21-day cycle, followed by an off week.

Keep in mind that Animal Pump contains your basic, daily dose of creatine. Also, if you do take consecutive cans, you may want to consider removing the red capsule which contains the stims. Over a period of time, you may want to avoid building a tolerance to it.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Seriously this is ridiculous. My first workout on it I saw veins I never even knew existed and I have already crazy vascularity. Of course I tried the first pak on back/bi day, and I was more than satisfied. Crazy!
Another satisfied customer.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Feedback from a few people that are running a log on Pump from another forum:

The pumps are still the greatest feeling in the world(or a close 2nd). My arms feel like they've been injected with volume during the workouts. For someone who doesn't usually get cocky in the gym, its hard to not feel like a badass when my arms are as pumped as they are.
My pump was great during my workout though. I had high energy. It was good to see the veins in my arms pumping when doing DB Calf raises
Strength was through the roof today and has been on the rise during AP! Have really enjoyed the benefits of strength and vascularity that AP brings to the table.
After moving up in the Cable Curls the PUMPS WERE AMAZING!! By the end of the set I could barely bend my arms, f**king love it! Best pumps I have in a long time today for some reason, definitely not complaining. Overall, great day ,nice pumps and felt like I geared myself to make some good improvements next week.
At this point, I really didn't think that Pump could get any better than it already is...once again, I was wrong. I turned in one of my most satisfying workouts to date today. I'm still riding the high from having such a great session. I'm going to be straight up honest here...the last 17 days have been some of the most rewarding gym days I have had in over a year.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
blaykeryan Supplements 5
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0
Supplements 0
Supplements 8