Sponsored athlete Brian Weiss on dieting

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
def some good info there....

njphysique

Awards
This is Brian himself. Thanks for your thoughts. I am currently 12 weeks out of my next show.

Any questions please ask away.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it's always nice when ppl who compete let the outside world into the prep and what it takes to get in show shape

njphysique

Awards
it's always nice when ppl who compete let the outside world into the prep and what it takes to get in show shape
What's up Young Gotti. I'm definitely not the type of competitor that holds back from others. Check out my new article I posted this morning on androfactory.com under AF community, AF blog. It's definitely a must read.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's up Young Gotti. I'm definitely not the type of competitor that holds back from others. Check out my new article I posted this morning on androfactory.com under AF community, AF blog. It's definitely a must read.
i'll get on that, thanks for being transparent....in this industry that not always the case

njphysique

Awards
i'll get on that, thanks for being transparent....in this industry that not always the case
I hear ya on that. The big guys only care about others when they need to be. I met an unidentified ifbb pro last weekend and was an *******

njphysique

Awards
Day 3 and what an exhausting day it has been. I struggled through a back workout. No real update on Bulk-Up since it's only Day 3.

If you haven't visited Andro Factory's site lately head there right now! Go now!

More posts to come...

njphysique

Awards
Weight: 182 lb.
I hope everyone had a great weekend. This past weekend was the NPC Junior USA's and if I didn't have enough motivation to claim a Top 5 performance now I definitely do. My goal for 2013 is to claim a Top 5, so I can compete in certain national shows and one being the Junior USA's. The guys there definitely looked great.
So now onto my update...I was outside working all weekend in the rain, so I knew I had to cheat slightly from my diet to take it slightly higher calories. My fear was that enough the BULK-UP is helping me, I would lose weight like I normally do. I took in around 4,000 calories, but definitely higher than normal sodium levels. As you can see I actually was able to put on weight. BULK-UP is really helping me out. I look fuller and slightly bloated from the sodium, but with rounded, fuller muscles. I will continue to track my weight to see if it goes down once the sodium is expelled. Water intake is around 1-1.5 gallons/day.
Back to training and normal precise diet this week.

njphysique

Awards
Weight: 178 lb.
You ever have one of those days when everything just flies by and you don't know where time went? Well that is my day so far. I feel like I haven't gotten anything done, but a ton has gotten completed, work wise at least.
So you should have noticed that my weight dropped. Yes the gain was all water weight. Solid gains don't come that easy when you are dieting for a show. I have currently 4 meals down so far today with 3 more to go. Shoulders, upper chest (my overall weakness) and abs will be worked tonight at 8:00 p.m. I really hate the night workouts, but if I'm focused then it'll be go time.
No news on BULK-UP since it's only been 1 week. Same energy as a week ago.
GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

njphysique

Awards
Weight: 179

Happy Friday to all! Even though it's Memorial Day Weekend it really doesn't seem crazy to me even though I live right by the Jersey Shore. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Cook up some chicken on the grill and have it with grilled sweet potatoes and asparagus. Now that's a healthy meal.

So I just finished my first week of BULK-UP @ 8 caps/day. My weight has increase 1-2 lbs. depending on the time of day. I did notice a strength increase yesterday. Incline DB press has always been a weak point until yesterday. 2 weeks ago I got up to 75's for 8 (full reps no spot) and yesterday I got 90's for 6. Hmmm...BULK-UP is starting to work. The rest of the workout was good as well.

I will be doubling up my workouts this weekend, so 7 meals and 2 workouts each day. Are you ready to join me?

Have a great weekend all!!!

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
Yeah I'm rdy for this! Jersey is a small state and of course you live on the infamous Jersey Shore! I live 10 min past lambertville N.J. in P.a. you by pt. Pleasant/ Seaside?

njphysique

Awards
PA will always have a share in my heart. Went to college in PA but Jersey born and raised. I live 30 min from Belmar. My contest prep coach lives by Seaside.

BULK-UP is giving me so much strength I need a massage to get out the knots from the new weights I'm lifting. I'll take it if it means I'm getting bigger.

Get BULK-UP to witness new found strength.

10 weeks till my next competition!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
very interested in bulk up, whats ur pct line up?

njphysique

Awards
I'm still mapping it up. I have used revolution pct before but it depends on how the cycle turns out.

njphysique

Awards
Weight: 180-181 lb.
I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day Weekend. Even though I live by the Jersey Shore my focus was on getting to the gym, cooking my food for the week and relaxing. A competitor shouldn't spend their time partying. If so, then the lack of dedication will shine through at the end.
I couldn't be any happier about BULK-UP. I have been sticking to the same exact diet as prescribed by my coach and I have gained 3-4 lb. and my body fat % has gone down. On top of that strength is through the roof. 1-arm DB bent over rows for 6 reps each arm @ 120 lb. BULK-UP really has helped me increase my strength.
I am currently 9.5 weeks out from the NPC Tri-State Championships and I am gearing up for a great performance. My calories are still at 3,500 calories and no cardio yet. You know the cardio will come in soon, probably at 8 weeks out.

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
Put up some pics before you get far down the road so we can see where you are starting from!

njphysique

Awards
This was just before at 182 lb. Up 5 lb in just under 3 wks on Bulk-Up and body fat % has dropped to 6.3%

ForumRunner_20130603_225524.png

njphysique

Awards
I still have 8.5 weeks till my next show

njphysique

Awards
This is where I started at 3 weeks ago.

ForumRunner_20130603_230036.png

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
****.. you're going to be lookin mean! Good luck

njphysique

Awards
Thanks man. My main goal is next year to be at 186-190 at 4% body fat. This is just a stepping stone towards then. I was 170 at 4% at my last show.

njphysique

Awards
Weight: 181-182 lb.
So here I am sitting at my desk contemplating if I should go to the gym tonight for my 2nd workout of the day. One thought says yes while the other says no. With BULK-UP inside me I can't let Andro Factory and all my fans down. I am currently finishing up my 3rd week of BULK-UP and I have gained 4-5 lbs. eating the same amount of calories. Oh and I almost forgot to mention that my body fat % has dropped from 7.7% to 6.1%. That is without any cardio. I don't feel any changes mentally, but something is definitely working. I am currently 8.5 weeks out from my next comp and cardio will begin in about 2 weeks. I just listen to my coach and follow his commands.
Go Hard or Go Home!!!
Off to the gym I go.........

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
Haha nice post, I've had that returning to the gym urge so many times at college. Always a real mindgame

njphysique

Awards
The whole contest prep is a mind game, but in the end it's always worth it.

njphysique

Awards
Weight: 182-183 lb.

What can I say about BULK-UP. My weight hit 183 yesterday. That means a 6 lb. gain in only 3 weeks. This product is incredible. I don't feel any different, but the weight and strength is increasing. I have tried products from other companies and I always felt lethargic, but so far no negative effects for BULK-UP. I spoke to my coach earlier this week and the leaning out part will be starting in 2 weeks, but BULK-UP will help to keep me full and large throughout the rest of the 8 week period of BULK-UP. Even though it's raining in the Northeast I will still be training, eating, cooking and food shopping this weekend. You should be too!!!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Weight: 182-183 lb.

What can I say about BULK-UP. My weight hit 183 yesterday. That means a 6 lb. gain in only 3 weeks. This product is incredible. I don't feel any different, but the weight and strength is increasing. I have tried products from other companies and I always felt lethargic, but so far no negative effects for BULK-UP. I spoke to my coach earlier this week and the leaning out part will be starting in 2 weeks, but BULK-UP will help to keep me full and large throughout the rest of the 8 week period of BULK-UP. Even though it's raining in the Northeast I will still be training, eating, cooking and food shopping this weekend. You should be too!!!
I like these products with the DHEA variants. Individuals seem to be attaining the same results with most of the products: Increase in LBM, decrease in fat, more energy during workouts, slight increase in well-being, and typically no sides to report.

Awesome physique! Keep up the training!

njphysique

Awards
Thanks guys. Look out for my best post later this week. Here's a teaser I'm 8 weeks out and my diet was just changed by my coach...

njphysique

Awards
7 weeks out tristate.jpg

Weight: 179 lb.

So what a week it has been. I am still on BULK-UP don't worry. I know you're looking at my weight and going what the hell is he doing. As you can see I have leaned out from my last picture a week ago. You may be asking what happened. Well I will tell you.

I spoke to my coach and it was time to knock out some body fat, but maintain my muscle and strength. That is why I am opting to continue to run BULK-UP. The great thing is that I will be able to compare contests pic from my last contest to see how much muscle size I did put on. I literally lost 4 lb in 4 days from the switch of diets. I am eating 48.62% protein, 22.89% carbs and 28.49% fats. My coach will reevaluate me next Tuesday to see where I stand. I am currently 7 weeks and 1 day away from my next show. This diet is easier to prepare, but harder to focus throughout the day. I guess I will take the good with the bad. I also added in 6 days of 30 min. steady state cardio. I was originally doing no cardio. The stepmill is my best friend now.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
View attachment 82709

Weight: 179 lb.

So what a week it has been. I am still on BULK-UP don't worry. I know you're looking at my weight and going what the hell is he doing. As you can see I have leaned out from my last picture a week ago. You may be asking what happened. Well I will tell you.

I spoke to my coach and it was time to knock out some body fat, but maintain my muscle and strength. That is why I am opting to continue to run BULK-UP. The great thing is that I will be able to compare contests pic from my last contest to see how much muscle size I did put on. I literally lost 4 lb in 4 days from the switch of diets. I am eating 48.62% protein, 22.89% carbs and 28.49% fats. My coach will reevaluate me next Tuesday to see where I stand. I am currently 7 weeks and 1 day away from my next show. This diet is easier to prepare, but harder to focus throughout the day. I guess I will take the good with the bad. I also added in 6 days of 30 min. steady state cardio. I was originally doing no cardio. The stepmill is my best friend now.
Nice progress! Cherish your time with your new best friend, the stepmill, because I remember the parts being very rare from when I worked for a fitness equipment distributor.

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
**** you really did do a mini recomp within the week alone. Nice transition so far.

njphysique

Awards
Thanks man. Dieting for a comp is total head games. I only know what my diet will be until Tuesday then I will send my coach my pics. The rest is up to him.

njphysique

Awards
Thanks but it is just the beginning. 7 weeks to go.

njphysique

Awards
Weight: 177lb.

It's time to take off the fat! 6 weeks till show time and now the fat has to come off. I can honestly say that I feel like a totally different person once my coach changed my diet. Calories down, carbs down, intensity up. With Bulk-Up still going at 9 caps a day I can still keep the strength and muscle size. Those are the reasons why I still look big and full even though the weight is literally falling off.

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
What is the recommended dosage of bulk up?

njphysique

Awards
What is the recommended dosage of bulk up?
6-9 caps/day. I am personally on 9 caps/day and I am currently up 7lb and I'm leaning out for my next show. 5 weeks out and 5-6% body fat.

njphysique

Awards
4.5 weeks to go...WATCH OUT!!!

ForumRunner_20130703_234548.png

Androfactory

Androfactory

Board Sponsor
Awards
Love your picks Brian! Can't wait to see you at the show. You are really showing what these products can do. Your awesome man.

njphysique

Awards
Love your picks Brian! Can't wait to see you at the show. You are really showing what these products can do. Your awesome man.
Definitely! It'll be a tough road to the finish but it'll all be worth it at the end.