sx and SSRI

witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established
i have been prescribed Pristiq(ssri) two weeks ago. any problems using SX while on this? i have tried it a couple of times and noticed that they almost feel the same as in energy and mood. i take its due to the increase in serotonin.

jim623

i have been prescribed Pristiq(ssri) two weeks ago. any problems using SX while on this? i have tried it a couple of times and noticed that they almost feel the same as in energy and mood. i take its due to the increase in serotonin.
I'm gonna have to say NO my friend, it's not a good idea to mix these two.

witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established
yeah thats what i was figuring. why is that? just curious

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have no, not do I pretend to ever have, knowledge of medicines. However, I would never recommend that someone take SX or any other supplements in conjunction with a prescribed medication. We do not know what the possible outcomes might be and can not advise on taking them together. Your physician would be the person to ask in this case, but from our end, we recommend against it.

witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established
oh i totally understand that. i didnt know if there was too much of an increase of serotonin or something. i am with you about asking my doctor. i was just curious of the impact on your body.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's often really difficult to determine the dosings of a prescription drug as is, since there's no systematic means of determining necessary dosage size.

Adding in a drug interaction makes things more difficult, and increases the possibility of side effects associated with the drug. In the case of an SSRI, the side effects can be quite nasty, and for that I can't recommend taking SX concurrently.