Lean FX and Anti Depressants

jrod196

Awards
Hey,

I am currently taking Effexor XR for some anxiety and depression issues i've been going through. THank GOD i've been feeling MUCH better since being on it, but i've noticed i've gotten a little softer than i'd like. Since Effexor is also an Norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, I am staying away from stimulant based weight loss supplements. Lean FX has recently caught my eye as to something that could be beneficial to me. I am currently on a stack of Mass FX and Hyperdrol and would like to add LeanFX in to increase my LBM. I just want to make sure LFX will not interfer with my meds. It really sucks because i've been feeling alot better mentally, but I am getting softer. I am just looking for a nice balance. thanks for any input.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Effexor is a mixed SSRI/SNRI and a very mild SDRI. Truthfully, this should not be the cause an increase in bodyfat, but I understand the desire to have a little "help" every now and again with a supplement.

You may experience a slight, but constructive, interaction between Effexor and the indolamines found in the cat's claw extract in LeanFX. The indolamines also work as much milder SSRI's. While it is likely that this will not cause much of an interaction, as the indolamines will more than likely be dwarfed by the SSRI you are prescribed, just be aware that this interaction exists, and use with a certain degree of caution. Perhaps start with 1-2 caps per day and work your way up as you see fit. Too many SSRI's in your system can cause such side effects as hallucinations and convulsions.