Any favored routines while on a cycle?

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
With 3-AD....

At first I was thinking a 3 on, 1 or 2 off split to hit everything twice a week, but then figured that might lead to overtraining.

So then I decided on a 5-day split.....

mon-back
tue-chest (gives legs a slight rest after deads)
wed-legs (gives upper body a lil break)
thur-shoulders
fri-arms and whatever seems to be lacking

I'm planning on a 4 week cycle to start, and if it goes good than carry on to 6 weeks.....

Is there any certain way to do things to get the most out of a cycle? I'm gonna keep eating A LOT and lifting A LOT as usual, and again, 31, 6'3, 225-ish, and been doing this lifting stuff a few years, with only whey, a multi-vit, and creatine and NO every now and again....

So anyway, any advice on a better or "recommended" routine while on a cycle is greatly appreciated.....Thanks!!

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I used a 3 on 1 off split during my halo run in march. I noticed great strength and lean mass gains,... that being said, I did have joint pain that is a nuisance to this day. I am by no means an expert, but from what I understand your recuperation is higher on cycle,... but, me, at 37yo may go to a longer split in Nov when I do an epi cycle. I'm still mulling it over.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I usually do a MWF-on split, but have now worked to a TWF-on. No reason - just what fits into my schedule!

Ultimately, whatever works for you will work with 3-AD. :D