Red Yeast Rice effecting cholesterol

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Just wondering - when making your cycle support do you use red yeast rice that was produced using the 'Went' strain of Monascus purpureus? When it's made with this method it contains high amounts of lovastatin and can lower cholesterol just like prescription meds (up to 20%). However the evil fda tried to (or did) make this method illegal since they're losing money from it. They'd rather people buy prescription statins so they can make $$$ off of us (such BS). I guess when RYR is produced from methods other than the 'Went' strain it really doesn't contain lovastatin and does nothing for your cholesterol.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolic-innovations/87289-sorry-another-cycle.html
I 've just ordered two tubs from Np then suddenly I find all this bad info on RRY. I found this in one of the threads and thought if this is the case then i'm not so worried. Can you confirm this and possibly even give a figure for the amount of statin for your product?
"Red Yeast Rice contains several other cholesterol lowering agents including monacolins, sterols, and certain isoflavones, which provide the bulk of the chol. lowering properties. The amount of statin (Lovastatin) contained in Red Yeast Rice is trace. Three grams contains~ 5mgs of the statin, compared to perscribed dosages of Lovastatin in the 20-40mgs range."

Thanks
Ok just got the low down.

Our Red yeast rice contains 0.4% Manacolin

CROWLER
Cool! That means 2 servings only provide 4.8mg! The average dose for adults is 40mg and for children is 10-20mg.
I dont know what all the fuss is about!

many thanks. I'm very impressed how fast you answered my query.

p.s just realised your the owner of AI! Sorry I thought you were a rep when I repped!

Anabolic Innovations also offers a RYR Free version that contains Beta Sitosterol in place of the RYR.

As one of several phytosterols, plant compounds with chemical structures similar to that of cholesterol, beta-sitosterol is commonly found in foods such as wheat germ, soybeans, and corn oil. Over the past few years, concentrated extracts of this particular phytosterol have been tested for lowering cholesterol and lessening such discomforts of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) as frequent and painful urination.

Beta-sitosterol appears to reduce cholesterol levels by blocking absorption of cholesterol. A review of several double-blind studies designed to test the efficacy of beta-sitosterol in men with symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia showed that the phytosterol (beta-sitostero) significantly improved urological symptoms and flow measure in study participants.

Other purported benefits of Beta-sitosterol include boosting immunity and normalizing blood sugar, relieving inflammation, healing ulcers, enhancing uterine tone, and alleviating cramps. However, these health benefits of beta-sitosterol have not been substantiated by scientific evidence.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Cool thanks Stx. I found this info on some health site but I never even bothered looking on here :fool2:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not a problem.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
SWEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTt :)

Honestly these sorts of threads are what makes a company better and better.

As we have said from the beginning. Let's make products people ask for instead of making what WE want to and then spending tons of money convincing the consumer it is what THEY want.

Thank you again to both of you.

CROWLER

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
As we have said from the beginning. Let's make products people ask for instead of making what WE want to and then spending tons of money convincing the consumer it is what THEY want.

CROWLER
Well so much for using my jedi mind powers. :bruce2:

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Well whoever decided to come out with CS is a genius. Who doesn't need it that runs cycles? Not to mention who doesn't need it in general with age. Is the new RYR free CS new? I just noticed it. Also I know this is a stretch but have you guys considered larger tubs of CS?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for the kind words.

Lake Mount D deserves the credit

He formulated Cycle Support, I agree he did a great job. RYR free CS is not too new. We have thought about the larger tubs but have not decided anything definite yet.

CROWLER

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nutraplanet currently carries the RYR Free Cycle Support and it comes in chocolate.

Check out my sig and save when you purchase it or any other Anabolic Innovations products.

Mo250

Awards
can cycle support be used at other times besides during a cycle. Life support looks pretty good but the RYR in it bothers me so I was thinking of getting cycle support instead.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are guys that run it year long...That was one of the reasons Life Support was created.

Taking one scoop of Cycle Support is the same thing as two doses of Life Support.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks YeahRight! Haven't seen you around in a while. Hope all is well for you. Jay has been away for a while too.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
I was just thinking the say thing about Yeahright and Jay.

CROWLER

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
my life support got sent back to nutra, border must not have liked it...too bad, great product.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just heard that about Canada and RYR yesterday. Sounds like you might need to start using RYR Free Cycle Support from NP.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
I just heard that about Canada and RYR yesterday. Sounds like you might need to start using RYR Free Cycle Support from NP.
no doubt eh...i wanted it for general health, so its not a HUGE deal, but still brutal