Excell questions

rubberchicken

Awards
Well I finally bought some excell which I have wanted to get for ages. I had some questions regarding how best to use it.

My situation is this; 2 times a week on 12 hour night shift I hang up the gymnastic rings and try and do as many sets and excercises I can and also planche and handstand work etc. I try and use the time to get as much work done as I can. I always get fatigued and have trouble with DOMS etc the next day ( also cycle to work on these days )

I am thinking of using a serve with Poseidon pre and during workout on normal days and mega dosing on 12 hour night shifts. That is have it with Poseidon, double dose pre and during excercise, and sip on it constantly during shift.

Does this sound like a good protocol?

Also what do you recommend in the way of adding carbs for high workload days?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Hello Rubber Chicken,

Thank you for your PM and your purchase of EXCELL.

Your stacking of Excell with Poseidon is GREAT! I do that myself every day.

You are right on track with the Excell and Poseidon preworkout and during workout. With the long 12 hour shifts as you know it is a strain and the extra BCAAs can help you hang on to the muscle you already have and perhaps help with adding a little.

As for carbs during workload days I use oats in a variety of ways. The regular cooking them in a microwave with some liquid sucralose or splenda. I also just put them in a cup with some water and protein powder, stir them up with a fork and eat it with a spoon. This works well if you are at work or are in a hurry.

Please let me know if I have answered the questions you have asked and also feel free to ask more.

Thank you again,

CROWLER

rubberchicken

Awards
Thanks for the response. I was wondering more on what you thought about carbs preworkout specifically. I was looking at XF Vendetta earlier and was curious about the use of simple carbs right before working out.

Do you think simple carbs would be helpfull with the Excell mix or does a meal of oats etc an hour before hand make it uneccessary? I don't normally bother with carbs otherwise but I really want to make sure I get the most out of the ring training sessions.

I will try the oats, water and protein powder preworkout in the meantime. Thanks for your help!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Yes definitely the oats before the workout. Try doing them about 45 minutes before the workout. For after you COULD use some simple carbs but if you want to then you can really use anything IMO.

No need to buy some overpriced postworkout high in simple carbs.

CROWLER

rubberchicken

Awards
Excellent, that what was what I was wanting to know. Excell is due to arrive today or tomorrow. Will let you know what I think of the flavour soon.

Cheers

rubberchicken

Awards
Going to have to bump this, got a few more questions for you.

Firstly my Excell arrived yesterday. I'm guessing it's an old label but it has listed number of servings as 90 and serving size 8 grams. Also not all the ingredients are listed. Not too sure what's up with that:wtf: .

Also how big is that scoop. Directions say that 1 serve (8 grams) is two scoops but compared to the 5g Poseidon scoop I would estimate 1 scoop around 8g. Any ideas?

Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. Can't really get back to you on the flavour yet- I had to chug it this morning, no time to wait for it to dissolve. Will let you know what I think tomorrow night.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Hello Rubberchicken,

Thank you for the post.

I am not sure what you mean when you say all the ingredients are listed.

The servings size is 8 grams and the label should be accurate in measuring the 8 grams

For your sake of mind, by any chance do you have a scale?

CROWLER

rubberchicken

Awards
Hello again! Look I think it's a labelling issue or something. I have noticed my label has the Australian distributor on it ( I got it via an Aussie online supp place - when I got my protein ) My confusion comes from the fact that on NP it states servings per container 100 ( therefore 10g each ), 1 scoop per serve, and 1.5g of Taurine per serve. Total amino content works out to be 8.5 grams.

My label is different. It states 2 scoops per 8 gram serve- but then later states the total amino content as being 8g so obviously the added flavouring etc hasn't been added in. Also states 90 serves per container, and only 1g Taurine per serve. The math obviously doesn't add up. I am satisfied that I have a 1kg container though- at least it looks and feels about right. Just threw me a bit I guess.

Anyhow, will be on night shift tonight so I will be getting into it. Will let you know how it goes.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Something I normally wouldnt share... but will because it's VERY pertinent is my daily drink mix..

3 liter arrowhead water bottle (with the nifty little handle thing)

+ 10 scoops Excell

+ 4 scoops poseidon

= delicious daily work drink... I usually drink one of these every day when I work long shifts, 1/2-3/4 on shorter days.

RisingAgainst

RisingAgainst

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hello again! Look I think it's a labelling issue or something. I have noticed my label has the Australian distributor on it ( I got it via an Aussie online supp place - when I got my protein ) My confusion comes from the fact that on NP it states servings per container 100 ( therefore 10g each ), 1 scoop per serve, and 1.5g of Taurine per serve. Total amino content works out to be 8.5 grams.

My label is different. It states 2 scoops per 8 gram serve- but then later states the total amino content as being 8g so obviously the added flavouring etc hasn't been added in. Also states 90 serves per container, and only 1g Taurine per serve. The math obviously doesn't add up. I am satisfied that I have a 1kg container though- at least it looks and feels about right. Just threw me a bit I guess.

Anyhow, will be on night shift tonight so I will be getting into it. Will let you know how it goes.
I believe Crowler mentioned something about a different Taurine amount at one point in time?? jee.. I dunno for sure, but I stocked up big a while back and NP was out last Friday so I ended up stuck with Xtend :sad:

rubberchicken

Awards
Something I normally wouldnt share... but will because it's VERY pertinent is my daily drink mix..

3 liter arrowhead water bottle (with the nifty little handle thing)

+ 10 scoops Excell

+ 4 scoops poseidon

= delicious daily work drink... I usually drink one of these every day when I work long shifts, 1/2-3/4 on shorter days.
Thanks for the info. I will give this a go tomorrow. Just got two serves of Poseidon and four of Excell tonight to start me off:thumbsup: .

Thanks also for the response re : taurine content. I thought there may have been an update at some time or something.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established

AH now I understand lol

Some countries request different formulations.

The information on the website you bought the EXCELL from is what you should go by and the label. Different countries have different regulations for what is put on the label.

Thanks!

CROWLER