CROWLER's Triathlong training log

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
CROWLER's Triathlon training log

SCT has inspired me to start my own triathlong log.

I will be updating every few days.

I am doing a triathlon in 2 weeks. I MAY post some pics so stay tuned :)

It has been VERY tough hanging on to my muscle with so much cardio including bike sprints and intervals.

I am down to a little over 200lbs and I have lost some muscle.

I am going to compete at a little over 200lbs so I qualify for a division called Clydesdale not sure if I will do that or just run in the open/age group entry.

I have a severe ankle injury from an accident about 6 years ago so not sure how the running will go.

Actually the first race I have is an aqua bike. You swim half a mile then bike 20k. I have not swam nearly as much as I should but the bike training is going pretty good.

Well I am off for a 15 - 20 mile bike followed by a 2 mile run.

Talk to you later

CROWLER

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Looks sweet Crowler. I will be following.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Very cool. I wish you the best of luck bro!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wish I could say that I lost some muscle and was ONLY 200lbs...Best of luck Crowler!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wish I could say that I lost some muscle and was ONLY 200lbs...Best of luck Crowler!
LOL, no doubt.

Good luck on the event Crowler and train hard.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
THANKS

Well I did chest, bis, back and tris then went for an 18 mile bike ride well over 20 MPH and then did 1.5 mile run.

Lifting was GOOD. Hit a couple PRs at this weight. I do a modified HIT/DC program. Time under tension is most important so lifts are NOT alot of weight but I feel the damage they are doing lol

Things like 225 incline 1 sec up 4 sec down I do 12 reps, rest for 5 deep breaths do 3 more reps, rest 5 more deep breaths then do 2 more reps. If I had a spotter I could do more but am in my back barn lifting by myself. Hate to make my wife a widow lol

Bike ride was sort of strange, got pains in my hamstrings within the first 10 mins, tried stretching. They did go away so the next 45 mins were interesting. LOTS of wind but I was happy with my speed.

The run was not as good as I would have liked. I had to hobble for about half a mile, my ankle is pretty bad today swollen up and hurts. Some days are better than others. So over all I would say a 9. I did what I wanted to, got myself confident I will have a nice race on Sat.

I am concerned about the swim as I have swam VERY VERY little. I will rectify that over the next 2 weeks.

CROWLER

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
THANKS

Well I did chest, bis, back and tris then went for an 18 mile bike ride well over 20 MPH and then did 1.5 mile run.

Lifting was GOOD. Hit a couple PRs at this weight. I do a modified HIT/DC program. Time under tension is most important so lifts are NOT alot of weight but I feel the damage they are doing lol

Things like 225 incline 1 sec up 4 sec down I do 12 reps, rest for 5 deep breaths do 3 more reps, rest 5 more deep breaths then do 2 more reps. If I had a spotter I could do more but am in my back barn lifting by myself. Hate to make my wife a widow lol

Bike ride was sort of strange, got pains in my hamstrings within the first 10 mins, tried stretching. They did go away so the next 45 mins were interesting. LOTS of wind but I was happy with my speed.

The run was not as good as I would have liked. I had to hobble for about half a mile, my ankle is pretty bad today swollen up and hurts. Some days are better than others. So over all I would say a 9. I did what I wanted to, got myself confident I will have a nice race on Sat.

I am concerned about the swim as I have swam VERY VERY little. I will rectify that over the next 2 weeks.

CROWLER

Damn Crowler. What a man.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is awesome. I've been digging some more broad athletic activities lately as well Crowler. I think at times we immerse ourselves so much in looking athletic that we forget to actually be athletic..

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
This is awesome. I've been digging some more broad athletic activities lately as well Crowler. I think at times we immerse ourselves so much in looking athletic that we forget to actually be athletic..
:goodpost:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Well that little 1.5 mile run two days ago REALLY swelled my ankle up. It doesn't seem to happen nearly as much when I run on the beach. Maybe I need to move closer to the ocean lol

Ok today I did a 1/2 mile open water swim. Within the first few mins my tris and shoulders were pumped up(who would think you would NOT want a pump lol)

So the rest of the 1/2 mile was pretty painful and it was like lifting 20lbs dumbells 300 times in one set :)

Finished it which is good seeing as how in less than 2 weeks I have to do that for just the FIRST part of the race. Water was COLD, I had a wetsuit on so it help ALOT but my feet and hands were still getting numb. I was ok with the workout, can't expect much more with so VERY little swimming practice in the last few years.

Ankle is being iced yet again and I can't even sleep with the comforter covering it as just that little bit of weight causes more pain. Hopes for a good steady race are still high.

Could be because I practiced putting on and taking off my bike shoes while on the bike while at about 20 MPH. I repeated this approx 30 times.

A couple times I really wrenched the ankle a few times. BUT this alone can save you half a minute which in the long run can be the differance of a few places in the race.

CROWLER

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
THANKS

CROWLER
I do a rest pause kinda workout like that too, you are a brave man doing that with no spotter lol

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
bike 3 mile warm up VERY happy NO pain. Both my achillies were acting up. I think from running on the beach the other day. Then I did 4 x 4 mile intervals. Went well. I was good and didn't turn them into an all out sprint. 3 mile cool down. I passed(going the other way unfortunately :)) a group of 3 triathletes and then another group of 2 triathletes. I am ITCHING for this race. I gotta represent the bodybuilding clan!

Kept to my game plan. then went home and did a 15 min continuous swim. YIKES it was cold even with a wetsuit on.

Day was another strange one. I broke the cleat on my bike shoe, broke my brake cable and suddenly my goggles now leak water. BUT the good news is it is still 10 days from race day so this is the PERFECT time for it to happen.

I probabaly have enough time to replace all 3 before the race.

CROWLER

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Thanks glsa!

Well after my practice swim the other day I realize I am in a BIT of trouble and need to double my efforts. I REALLY do not want my tris and shoulders to give out half way through the race and end up doggie swimming back to shore :)

To this end I did a swim workout in the AM and then again tonight when I got home. No bike workout today. I feel pretty good about the bike part but the swim is in some doubt. BUT fear not my fellow iron pumpers I am on the case and shall NOT let you down. I pledge to represent us iron heads well agains the skinny tri guys lol

CROWLER

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
Thanks glsa!

Well after my practice swim the other day I realize I am in a BIT of trouble and need to double my efforts. I REALLY do not want my tris and shoulders to give out half way through the race and end up doggie swimming back to shore :)

To this end I did a swim workout in the AM and then again tonight when I got home. No bike workout today. I feel pretty good about the bike part but the swim is in some doubt. BUT fear not my fellow iron pumpers I am on the case and shall NOT let you down. I pledge to represent us iron heads well agains the skinny tri guys lol

CROWLER
No problem. I think it is very cool that you are doing a triathalon. Show them you can put those muscle to good use. That they (the muscles) are functional and not just for show!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
THANKS!

CAUTION pimping ahead. We now are taking orders at Low Carb Liquid Sucralose Liquid Splenda - Home The resellers have had a tough time keeping the Healthy Cheat Foods instock so we will be selling from our site. AND shipping is ONLY $1 :) We also are running a sale and doing a buy 3 get 1 free so the prices are VERY low. BUT only for a few days.

Ok back to the log, I am up MUCH too late although I did take a nap today so not as bad as it could be.

Update tomorrow.

CROWLER

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Ok did 4 workouts today.

Swim Workout: Mostly concentrating on form. Trying to 'catch' as much water as possible, which definitely helps you swim faster BUT it puts alot more pressure on the shoulders and tris. So I was not able to do many strokes before having to take a rest but I am building up to longer and longer times.

Weight workout:
Chest
Back
Bis

I didn't do tris and shoulders as I normally would because I am trying to keep them relatively fresh for my swim workouts.

Bike Workout:

After the first 3 miles my achilles tendon on my right leg started giving me some pain. I probably should have stopped but I kept going another 27miles for a total of 30 miles.
I took it pretty easy.

I was not pushing it but wanted to get some miles into get myself accustomed to longer workouts.My avg speed the first 9 miles was 16.9 MPH Next 9 was 18.2 MPH Next 9 miles I avg 18.5 MPH Last 3 miles as always is a VERY easy cool down. I feel it helps me recover much quicker for the next day.

Those are not very fast but I was not pushing hard. I hope to avg 20 MPH for the race which is 12 miles, so doing 18 MPG for the last 18 miles has me feeling good.

2nd Swim Workout of the day: Did a continuous swim of approx 15 or more mins. I didn't push real hard as I already have put alot of work in on my shoulders and tris for the day.

So overall for the day I met all my workout goals so it was a really good over all day.

That is it. Tomorrow is another day :)

agpetz

Awards
Swimming is a heck of a lot tougher than people think. I just started back up this week, I had been swimming once a week for a good part of last year during my marathon training. First few times are a shock, and if you did any type of upper body work the day before, you sure do feel it in the water. Keep at it, I find myself improving dramatically every time I get in.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Thanks BUDDY! Good luck to you too!

BTW you said if you did weight workout day before. I am doing AM and PM swim workouts every day. Also weight workout during the day some days. lol

CROWLER

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Three workouts today

AM Swim I can't believe I really don't even remember what I did lol I think it was some easy intervals.

Bike Workout This was a fun. 3 mile warmup then I did
2 x 2 mile intervals
10 x 1 mile intervals

I did them on an out and back course. There might have been a little bit of wind against me on the way out and of course with me on the way back. BUT the 1 mile intervals out I was doing them at 24.3 MPH :) Then coming back I was at 25 MPH and even got up to 26 MPH a few times.

These were REALLY tough, but I love this sort of tourturous workout against the clock. I just picture what things will look like on race day and hit it as hard as I can.

Does anyone else train with anger? Today I intentionally got myself pretty POed before the workout and then I put the hammer down.

2nd Swim Workout I did a continuous swim of almost 20 minutes. This was REAL nice. I didn't even have to push real hard. My shoulder is feeling ok so everything is right on track.

Overall faster times on the bike than I thought and able to push the night swim more than I thought I would so a all around good day.

CROWLER

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Three workouts today

AM Swim I can't believe I really don't even remember what I did lol I think it was some easy intervals.

Bike Workout This was a fun. 3 mile warmup then I did
2 x 2 mile intervals
10 x 1 mile intervals

I did them on an out and back course. There might have been a little bit of wind against me on the way out and of course with me on the way back. BUT the 1 mile intervals out I was doing them at 24.3 MPH :) Then coming back I was at 25 MPH and even got up to 26 MPH a few times.

These were REALLY tough, but I love this sort of tourturous workout against the clock. I just picture what things will look like on race day and hit it as hard as I can.

Does anyone else train with anger? Today I intentionally got myself pretty POed before the workout and then I put the hammer down.

2nd Swim Workout I did a continuous swim of almost 20 minutes. This was REAL nice. I didn't even have to push real hard. My shoulder is feeling ok so everything is right on track.

Overall faster times on the bike than I thought and able to push the night swim more than I thought I would so a all around good day.

CROWLER
Dang. Where do you get the energy?. Also if I did all that I would have the joints of an 80 year old!. I must say you are an inspiration to us all. Something I always wanted to do was run a marathon, but either I'm too lazy or my knees start to give me a little pain and I stop training....Just looking at your log makes me feel like a lazy bastard!. Thanks though, as soon as I get rid of this cold I'm getting back outside and starting runing again!....This old man is inspired!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys!

I never thought of it that way iron man lol

Yesterday was my day off so nothing to report there.

I will say I am starting to notice something strange. I appear more lean, infact my wife remarked and asked if I was dieting. BUT my weight is up a pound maybe even two pounds. My weight are up in the gym. This doesn't really make sense since my cardio is HUGE by bodybuilding standards. Oh well I will just enjoy it while it lasts lol

Todays workout was well can we just start out by saying pretty darn GREAT! by my standards. I did almost a half mile ocean swim followed immediately by a bike ride which was truly amazing. I really do not see how the MPH I was reaching are possible considering I have only been riding for less than 3 months and before that it was over 2 years ago.

So I am not going to even tell you the speed I will just wait and see if I can put the numbers up this Saturday. Total bike ride was only 22 miles BUT 18 of it was a pretty good push.

Which is GREAT seeing as how my race is only a 1/2mile swim followed by a 12 mile bike.

So that is it see you tomorrow.

CROWLER

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Leaning out and gaining weight and strength! :clap2:

How many calories are you eating on training days?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
ahhhh we 'triathletes' don't count calories lol Just kidding I am not really a triathlete.

Well I honestly have no idea. I do my eating a little different than what most suggest. I eat good quality food like a MANIAC during the 6 hours after a workout. Unless it is an easy workout.

I basically eat lots of, protein powder, oatmeal, Healthy Cheat Foods pancakes with no sugar syrup, peanut butter, chicken, steak, fruit, veggies and close to half a large box of whole grain cereal. The rest of the day I don't eat a whole lot. I do however keep my BCAAs and Posidon levels very high.

I am still at a loss as to how I am leaning up and gaining weight. I see the muscle increase and am happy of course but not sure what is up. I mean can you imagine if you told a bodybuilder who wanted to lean up, ok do 2 swim workouts a day and bike 25 - 30 miles a day for cardio lol

I did the open water swim in the ocean and the beach was PACKED. I have NO idea why, I expected it to be pretty bare but it was not. I was sort of embaressed as I just got a new wetsuit and I had to put it on and walk to the water, I kept my head down, so as not to see the smirks lol

Maybe I will see if my wife took a pic an post it so you can see the new wetsuit, it worked out fairly good but kept getting a little too much water up the wrist opening I think.

CROWLER

agpetz

Awards
Being able to do the open water swims during training is huge. Big difference between a pool and open water. What kind of bike do you have?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Cervelo, so I now have NO excuses lol

Do you do tris?

CROWLER

agpetz

Awards
Cervelo, so I now have NO excuses lol

Do you do tris?

CROWLER
I ran a marathon in October, and when I was training for that, I was swimming once a week and riding anywhere from 20-30 miles on Sundays. I thought about getting into tris, and probably will in the future, but I enjoy lifting more right now. Plus, it is a huge time commitment to do it right, as I'm sure you know. Can't wait to get back on my bike when it warms up though.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Monday's workouts

3 workouts

First workout was weights.

Chest
Tris
Back
Bis

My lifts are doing so well I am VERY happy.
I am also pleased I can actually see some upper chest growth too.
This will be my last weight workout for the week as my race is on Saturday and I am tapering for it.

2nd workout Biking

I did 4 mile x 4 repeats. My speed is just not making sense to me. I am new to using a cyclo computer to keep track of my speed. I will let my ride on race day show what speed I am doing now because it just seems too fast lol It is REALLY some fun training to go so fast.

I pushed hard for each of the 4 mile repeats and then biked an easy 1/2 mile inbetween. I did the normal 3 mile warm up and 3 mile cool down. So the total for the day is 22miles

3rd workout swimming

This swim workout I did some repeats. I did a total of 14 repeats. Total distance was probably 1/2 mile they went well BUT my tris are STILL getting really pumped which isn't too good.

That is it.

CROWLER

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
This week is a taper so I will be at full strength and ready to race on Saturday.

Today was basically cleaning my bike, putting the race wheels on, getting everything adjusted to fit the wheels such as the derailleur, brakes etc. I did a quick 12 miles on the bike and will do an easy swim tonight.

Tomorrow will be an off day and Friday will be another easy day with some swimming and biking.

Today I also am getting everything together so I don't forget something for the race.

CROWLER

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Good Luck Keep us in the loop on how ya do.
To me just to finish would be a great

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Bad news just found out the temperature tomorrow is only 47 and 15 MPH wind. Sounds pretty cold especially when getting on the bike being all wet.

Today's workouts will just be an easy swim and an easy bike ride just to check it out and make sure everything is working correctly.

I have found out the temperature will be ONLY 47 degrees with a 15 MPH wind. This is a little disappointing as my grandson will not be able to go as it is too cold for him. Also this is his first chance to see me race and the only race I am doing close to where he lives.

I am trying to figure out what to wear that I can put on fast after the swim, pulling on any clothing is going to be SLOW seeing as how I will be wet. BUT I don't want to be cold on the bike and pull something. hmmmmmmmm will have to think about this one.

47 I am thinking is cold enough I may even need gloves. WTH Happened to FL weather lol

CROWLER

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hopefully the weather turns out a little better. Good luck!

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
Bad news just found out the temperature tomorrow is only 47 and 15 MPH wind. Sounds pretty cold especially when getting on the bike being all wet.

Today's workouts will just be an easy swim and an easy bike ride just to check it out and make sure everything is working correctly.

I have found out the temperature will be ONLY 47 degrees with a 15 MPH wind. This is a little disappointing as my grandson will not be able to go as it is too cold for him. Also this is his first chance to see me race and the only race I am doing close to where he lives.

I am trying to figure out what to wear that I can put on fast after the swim, pulling on any clothing is going to be SLOW seeing as how I will be wet. BUT I don't want to be cold on the bike and pull something. hmmmmmmmm will have to think about this one.

47 I am thinking is cold enough I may even need gloves. WTH Happened to FL weather lol

CROWLER

And you use to live up here in Upstate New York!?...geesh, pull your skirt up man! :whiner:

Its going to be a balmy 27 tomorrow here in the Penfield/Webster area. Kids will be outside with shorts and t-shirts.

:D

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
And you use to live up here in Upstate New York!?...geesh, pull your skirt up man! :whiner:

Its going to be a balmy 27 tomorrow here in the Penfield/Webster area. Kids will be outside with shorts and t-shirts.

BWAHA . . . :icon_lol:

CROWLER

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yeah 47 is beach weather!!!!.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Wellllllllll I woke up and my hamstrings were hurting not sure why. I didn't feel very good some other aches and pains.
It WAS cold and the wind was 15 MPH

Driving there I was pretty nervous but then I started cranking some good tunes and I just got into a zone. I KNEW I was going to hit it HARD and do all I could.

There was a total of approx 300 racers, almost all of them were doing the triathlon where as I did the aquabike which is just the swimming and biking because my ankle is still bad from 5 years ago.

I started the swim and my game plan was to go nice and easy so I could at least finish it. Then go out pretty hard on the bike, see how things went and decide what to do from there. I felt real smooth and seemed like I was gliding through the water pretty easily.

Well about 1/4 of the way through I actually was PASSING a couple people and I was swimming hard but not killing myself.

1/2 way through I started pushing it more, my shoulders and triceps were not having fun BUT overall I felt good. I continued at that pace and the last 1/4 I pushed it more.

The run from the water to the bikes was almost a 1/4 of a mile. I felt fine and didn't push it too much. I got in the transition area and I took my wetsuit off REAL easy, better than I ever did in practice.

So I rip through the transition area and I had left my bike shoes on my bike, so I just put my helmet on and hopped on the bike and got my feet in the shoes as I was pedaling. I will admit 52 degrees in just a wet Speedo it PROBABLY was cold but I was ready to put the hammer down and didn't notice the cold.

Immediately there was a crash right in front of me, I barely was able to quick swerve to the left and avoid it. I got down in the aero position and set about my task of the 12 miles. I spotted some people in front of me and set my sights on passing them.

Not too much later I passed them and saw the next couple people, did the same thing and so on and so on. Things were going GOOD. Before I knew it I was at the half way point. The wind was there that is for SURE, BUT it wasn't bothering me in the least.

I came to do battle and was ready for ANYTHING. No bragging, honestly but some of these people I passed had the VERY latest equipment and were MOVING, but it seemed like they were almost standing still.

EVERYTHING was clicking on all cylinders it was FANTASTIC. I checked later and I passed over 30 people on the bike :)

I got toward the end of the bike and REALLY turned it on, came to a screeching halt at the end, jumped off the bike and sprinted to the bike rack.

Then disaster ALMOST struck. I was running and I could NOT figure out which way to go. Almost everyone had to go on and do the 5K run but my race was over so I should have gone straight to the finish line but I couldn't figure out how to get there. People laughed because they thought I was suppose to run but I WASN"T lol

I finally found where to go, I sprinted and JUST as I crossed the finish line the dry heaves came. So there I was down on my hands and knees puking away with nothing coming out. I finished FIRST of ALL the Aquabike people BUT as I say there were only a couple people. You can see I am on my hands and knees puking, this shows I timed the race perfectly.

IMO if you puke before the finish you went too hard and screwed up your race. If you do NOT puke you probably did not push yourself hard enough.

So I just checked my results I had the 40th fastest swim and the 7th fastest bike of EVERYONE, BUT they had to run after. The average size of the guys who beat me no joke is over 45 lbs less than I weigh, so I was definitely representing the iron lifters :)

I was so VERY VERY pleased with the day. Oh yea I averaged OVER 23 MPH if the course was the distance the race director said it was, I am very happy about especially with the strong wind.

I really do not feel like I killed myself out there and things went better than I could have imagines. It was all just so smooth and fluid; I think the visualization I do each night before I go to sleep really paid off.

I had the best fun I have had in I don't know how many years! My wife was there as was a friend and my brother-in-law. I couldn't get the smile off my face I felt like King Kong it was FANTASTIC!

Next race is in one month

CROWLER

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
Nice job on the event. Fastest swim bike combo is impressive.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
THANKS

I have one on the 21st of next month. Same set up 1/2 mile swim and a 15 mile bike. I am sure there will be more and better competition so it is ON :)

Oh yea my 3 workouts today

Swim Workout in the AM Split it up in 1/4s and did them hard, harder, hardest then easier.

2nd workout Weight workout
Chest
Bis
Tris

3rd workout run

I have a bad injury from 5 years ago BUT I am still going to try training for a full triathlon Swim Bike and Run later in the summer.

Did 1/2 mile run 10 second walk. Did this 3 times. Ankle of course is swollen but I am icing it.

That is it

CROWLER

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Monday Day Off

Tuesday 2 workouts

Run Workout My ankle is still bad from 5 years ago but I am saying the heck with it and doing the best I can. I COULD just stay with AquaBike Races and never run in a race again but pfffffft I am going to try a series of triathlons up in NY this summer. So the first one is 3 months away and I am going to try and get in shape for it starting now.

I ran .5 mile and walked 10 yards 3 times for a total of 1.5 mile. Of course the ankle hurt and swelled up so iced it when I got home.

Swim Work out Did this at about 11 PM and it REALLY helped loosen my legs up. I did about a 1/2 mile split up into 4 seperate intervals.

Am happy with the speed of my run, actually I ordered a DVD on running form. I know seems strange but running at over 200lbs I need every advantage I can get :)

Wed 2 workouts

Bike workout 30 miles The wind was AMAZING today not sure how windy but it HAD to be gusting over 15 MPH BUT that didnt' matter one bit :) I HAMMERED it today. I just visualize the race in EXACTLY 1 month and went at it.

3 mile warm up then I did the following each with a 1/2 mile rest
4 mile
2 x3 miles
3x2 miles
4x1 miles
3 mile cool down.

My legs are SPENT. I was REALLY pushing it into the wind and with the wind. Didn't feel like I taxed my respritory system as much as I wanted but did hit the legs HARD.

I am HOPING this means I am actually getting more cardio fit and able to take the punishment better.

Tonight I will do a 1/2 mile swim with intervals. The race is only 1/3 of a mile so I am going to concentrate on shorter faster swims.

That is it.

See you later

CROWLER

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Three workouts today
2 swim workouts and 1 run workout

AM Swim Workout Did 1/2 mile of intervals. Felt nice and strong good workout

Run Workout Did 2.5 miles! VERY pleased. I know it doesn't sound like much but I am STILL recovering from a bad accident 5 years ago. My ankle swelled up and I am icing it but that is pretty much every day life. I MIGHT be able to actually do a triathlon that includes running :)

Also I am trying to improve my running form. I know you would think running is just a simple thing you don't need to practice. Well I always did sprints in high school so my stride tends to be too long which is inefficient when running longer distances.

I can NOT believe I actually was not really winded during the 2.5 miles which I normally would be. I did go slow and I walked a few steps every .5 miles but I am on my way.

Swim Workout #2 Did 1/2 mile straight swim. Can NOT believe how much easier it is then just two weeks ago.

I am REALLY looking forward to my race on the 21st.

CROWLER

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Chat 12