No Glutamine in CHOAS?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I think glutamine in a product for recovery is legit: IE, excell or xtend. But a pre-workout enhancer/energizer, it would just be extra.

The Graduate

Awards
it also doesnt work well with arginine for NO2.

RB12

RB12

Awards
I think glutamine in a product for recovery is legit: IE, excell or xtend. But a pre-workout enhancer/energizer, it would just be extra.
i am pretty sure it is in xtend/excell to weight down the bcaas and help them dissolve better bc the dosing is too low to really be effective, even if it does work

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Nope - I'm pretty sure it's worthless if you are eating enough protein.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't say it's worthless, just not too usefull for the application of Chaos.
Actually JMH was correct when saying it is worthless when taken in free form powder. There are a vast amount of studies showing that free glutamine supplementation does not correlate to any statistically significant increases in plasma glutamine, which is really the only thing that matters. It is broken down very easily and mainly excreted.

Ornathine Alpha-Ketogluterate actually raises plasma glutamine levels higher than glutamine supplementation itself.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Actually JMH was correct when saying it is worthless when taken in free form powder. There are a vast amount of studies showing that free glutamine supplementation does not correlate to any statistically significant increases in plasma glutamine, which is really the only thing that matters. It is broken down very easily and mainly excreted.

Ornathine Alpha-Ketogluterate actually raises plasma glutamine levels higher than glutamine supplementation itself.
Technically, I never said free-form glutamine... :nono: ;)

LMD, why does Excell include L-Glutamine in its formula?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Technically, I never said free-form glutamine... :nono: ;)

LMD, why does Excell include L-Glutamine in its formula?
Free form glutamine just means it's taken by itself. Bound glutamine is glutamine found in foods.

The "L" on L glutamine has to do with the stereochemistry of a chiral carbon when compared to glyceraldehyde. The other form as you might have seen is D. D just means that you invert the bonds and so the D and L forms are mirror images of each other.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Free form glutamine just means it's taken by itself. Bound glutamine is glutamine found in foods.
I understand that glutamine taken by itself is free-form. And I agree there's not a lot of benefit to taking FF Glutamine alone, unless you have a catabolic stress disorder or severe digestive problems (in which you're usually given something else to treat those).

The "L" on L glutamine has to do with the stereochemistry of a chiral carbon when compared to glyceraldehyde. The other form as you might have seen is D. D just means that you invert the bonds and so the D and L forms are mirror images of each other.
That didn't really answer my question about Excell.

Overall, my point was that glutamine is not "worthless." Maybe l-glutamine by itself/free-form, but what about the peptide/protein bonded glutamine, and the different esters (n-acetyl-glutamine, alanyl-glutamine, glutamine-ethyl-ester)? No one ever actually said free-form glutamine.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
EXCELL was brought out before Lake Mount D was with Anabolic Innovations. It was my decision to put the glutamine in there. I like it :)

CROWLER

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I understand that glutamine taken by itself is free-form. And I agree there's not a lot of benefit to taking FF Glutamine alone, unless you have a catabolic stress disorder or severe digestive problems (in which you're usually given something else to treat those).

That didn't really answer my question about Excell.

Overall, my point was that glutamine is not "worthless." Maybe l-glutamine by itself/free-form, but what about the peptide/protein bonded glutamine, and the different esters (n-acetyl-glutamine, alanyl-glutamine, glutamine-ethyl-ester)? No one ever actually said free-form glutamine.
There isn't any solid research on any of the others. That is the main problem. The cost:benefit ratio of regular l-glutamine those is extremely high so there just really isn't a point of it and I am not saying supps like NAG and others don't work, but until there is some solid research on it, we want to keep things the way they are, that is all :).

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
but until there is some solid research on it, we want to keep things the way they are, that is all :).
I understand your point, and I'm not saying to put glutamine in CHAOS. I just hijacked the thread and was talking about glutamine in general... BTW, I have seen studies on alanyl-glutamine increasing muscle glutamine concentration (but not serum concentration) taken post-exercise, but that was in rats :icon_lol:

EXCELL was brought out before Lake Mount D was with Anabolic Innovations. It was my decision to put the glutamine in there. I like it :)
Always impressed by you LakeMountD :)
Geeze, someone called the dogs on me!! :numbered: