No Glutamine in CHOAS?

  1. No Glutamine in CHOAS?


    Why no added glut in the formula?


  2. Glutamine is worthless bro.

  3. ahh, I guess thats why!
    •   
       


  4. also demotes vascularity.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Glutamine is worthless bro.
    I wouldn't say it's worthless, just not too usefull for the application of Chaos.

  6. I think glutamine in a product for recovery is legit: IE, excell or xtend. But a pre-workout enhancer/energizer, it would just be extra.

  7. it also doesnt work well with arginine for NO2.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows
    I think glutamine in a product for recovery is legit: IE, excell or xtend. But a pre-workout enhancer/energizer, it would just be extra.
    i am pretty sure it is in xtend/excell to weight down the bcaas and help them dissolve better bc the dosing is too low to really be effective, even if it does work

  9. Nope - I'm pretty sure it's worthless if you are eating enough protein.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Mass_69
    I wouldn't say it's worthless, just not too usefull for the application of Chaos.
    Actually JMH was correct when saying it is worthless when taken in free form powder. There are a vast amount of studies showing that free glutamine supplementation does not correlate to any statistically significant increases in plasma glutamine, which is really the only thing that matters. It is broken down very easily and mainly excreted.

    Ornathine Alpha-Ketogluterate actually raises plasma glutamine levels higher than glutamine supplementation itself.
    PharmD

  11. Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    Actually JMH was correct when saying it is worthless when taken in free form powder. There are a vast amount of studies showing that free glutamine supplementation does not correlate to any statistically significant increases in plasma glutamine, which is really the only thing that matters. It is broken down very easily and mainly excreted.

    Ornathine Alpha-Ketogluterate actually raises plasma glutamine levels higher than glutamine supplementation itself.
    Technically, I never said free-form glutamine...

    LMD, why does Excell include L-Glutamine in its formula?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Mass_69
    Technically, I never said free-form glutamine...

    LMD, why does Excell include L-Glutamine in its formula?
    Free form glutamine just means it's taken by itself. Bound glutamine is glutamine found in foods.

    The "L" on L glutamine has to do with the stereochemistry of a chiral carbon when compared to glyceraldehyde. The other form as you might have seen is D. D just means that you invert the bonds and so the D and L forms are mirror images of each other.
    PharmD

  13. Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    Free form glutamine just means it's taken by itself. Bound glutamine is glutamine found in foods.
    I understand that glutamine taken by itself is free-form. And I agree there's not a lot of benefit to taking FF Glutamine alone, unless you have a catabolic stress disorder or severe digestive problems (in which you're usually given something else to treat those).

    Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    The "L" on L glutamine has to do with the stereochemistry of a chiral carbon when compared to glyceraldehyde. The other form as you might have seen is D. D just means that you invert the bonds and so the D and L forms are mirror images of each other.
    That didn't really answer my question about Excell.

    Overall, my point was that glutamine is not "worthless." Maybe l-glutamine by itself/free-form, but what about the peptide/protein bonded glutamine, and the different esters (n-acetyl-glutamine, alanyl-glutamine, glutamine-ethyl-ester)? No one ever actually said free-form glutamine.

  14. EXCELL was brought out before Lake Mount D was with Anabolic Innovations. It was my decision to put the glutamine in there. I like it


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Mass_69
    I understand that glutamine taken by itself is free-form. And I agree there's not a lot of benefit to taking FF Glutamine alone, unless you have a catabolic stress disorder or severe digestive problems (in which you're usually given something else to treat those).

    That didn't really answer my question about Excell.

    Overall, my point was that glutamine is not "worthless." Maybe l-glutamine by itself/free-form, but what about the peptide/protein bonded glutamine, and the different esters (n-acetyl-glutamine, alanyl-glutamine, glutamine-ethyl-ester)? No one ever actually said free-form glutamine.
    There isn't any solid research on any of the others. That is the main problem. The cost:benefit ratio of regular l-glutamine those is extremely high so there just really isn't a point of it and I am not saying supps like NAG and others don't work, but until there is some solid research on it, we want to keep things the way they are, that is all .
    PharmD

  16. Always impressed by you LakeMountD

  17. Quote Originally Posted by LakeMountD
    but until there is some solid research on it, we want to keep things the way they are, that is all .
    I understand your point, and I'm not saying to put glutamine in CHAOS. I just hijacked the thread and was talking about glutamine in general... BTW, I have seen studies on alanyl-glutamine increasing muscle glutamine concentration (but not serum concentration) taken post-exercise, but that was in rats


    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    EXCELL was brought out before Lake Mount D was with Anabolic Innovations. It was my decision to put the glutamine in there. I like it
    Quote Originally Posted by stryder
    Always impressed by you LakeMountD
    Geeze, someone called the dogs on me!!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. no woody in the morning & water retention ?
    By pete073 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-22-2007, 03:28 PM
  2. No Letup in Iran's Nuke Program, Missle Tests
    By RenegadeRows in forum Politics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-25-2006, 04:26 PM
  3. How many use NO supplements in the summer?
    By bigpump23 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 10:28 AM
  4. Protein/Creatine/NO/Glutamine
    By Sooty in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-05-2006, 07:59 PM
  5. No Motivation in Winter?
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-12-2003, 09:39 PM
Log in
Log in